Taiwan plane crash

Dramatic dashcam video footage captured the moment when a Taiwan TransAsia plane crashed into a bridge and cartwheeled into a river, killing 23 people on board and injuring 15. 20 passengers are reported missing.

The Taiwan TransAsia ATR72 plane crash-landed in the Taipei river on Monday, Feb. 3, just after taking off from a nearby airport. 15 passengers survived the crash. 58 passengers and crew were on board the plane.

The video was shot by a motorist who was traveling behind a yellow van that was clipped by the plane's wing. The wing also took out a section of the bridge's retaining wall before cartwheeling into the river.

Witnesses saw bodies being thrown from the plane as it landed upside down in the river.

Aviation expert David Learmount told The Guardian UK newspaper that the video footage shows the plane was “fully stalled” before it crashed. A plane stalls and goes down when there isn't enough engine speed to provide "lift" under its wings.

According to The Guardian UK, the pilot sent a mayday to report an engine flame out.

A major rescue pertain continues to recover bodies from the river. Watch the video below.

Taiwan plane crash

• Aaliyah’s Family Plans to Block Biopic
  • Woman who missed doomed Air France flight dies in car accident
  • Wing-Walker Stuntwoman Dies in Plane Crash at Air Show
  • Algeria Confirms Passenger Jet Crash
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkcCHR-7FNA Man, I just don’t care™

I just saw this.

What are the requirements to be a pilot in the East? Are there any requirements? :eek:

• Yawncé

Gnarly!

• San ah make ya dance

I saw this. Horrible :no: I always wonder how ppl just have cameras going at the weirdest times

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybcNSoh8vI4 VDot

I'm not fugging with these Asia airlines :nono: They are bad drivers and pilots :eek:

• MissL

so freakin sad man

• SummerBaby

:no:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nAbQogbMOk Buttercup

Not only do the Asians have trouble driving, they can' fly either :eek:

:kona:

• Vanna is the root of all evil

I would have had a freaking panic attack

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-ORhEE9VVg She_ShowOut

Good Morning Sandra :hi: and everyone

Dude in the yellow van...was like :phew: and I know the 15 survivors were like whoa :phew:
      I pray for the families of the people that didn't make it. :sad:

• Locapoca

Vanna is the root of all evil says:

I would have had a freaking panic attack

^^^^^
      Good Moanin Roses! :hugs: Vanna, If that was my car with the dash cam yall would been watching the car hit the damn side of the bridge due to me freakin out and unable to drive :bite:. Aint no way I couldve kept drivin like I didnt just see a plane do a Gabby Douglas move into the damn river. :no:

• https://www.etsy.com/shop/AMarieNaturals lovezoe

So sad.

• Time to Waste

I always wonder how ppl just have cameras going at the weirdest times
      ----------------------
      San those are dash cam cameras.
      Just about every country but ours require it.
      Why our insurance so darn high :mad:

• KDub

This here ish. :sad:

• Gigi26

So sad and chillle don't they do maintenance on their planes?! Asia looking reaaal bad with aviation right now

• KDub

Cause I am a conspiracy theorist...I think the North Korean dude is behind this. Kim Jong-un stop your ish sir.

• Vanna is the root of all evil

---
      I'm telling u they all calm and ish my car prob would have been right next to the plane in the river :rofl:

• Time to Waste

chillle don’t they do maintenance on their planes?!
      -------------------
      News said Plane was brand spanky :no:

• KDub

Why our insurance so darn high :mad:
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^
      Which is WHY I be MAD at police when they stop ME.

My plates legal! I got insurance! FUGG YEW. :cuss:

• Unshakable

Prayers to all involved in this tragedy, especially for the families of the deceased. Even watching that seemed surreal.

• Hair Lova Formerly Known As Dark Ceaser

OMG what the hell is up with all these planes? They not checking these planes and it's costing folks their lives.

• Vanna is the root of all evil

In atlanta if u driving on 85 heading south the planes damn near touch the expressway landing. Real scary sometimes.

• KDub

They not checking these planes and it’s costing folks their lives.
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      Mighta already been discussed...but did yall see yesterday, that they determined a plane crash last year in Colorado... was caused by SELFIES??? :wtf:

• Locapoca

UMMM Hair :wtf: that gravi mam? Please explain..... :waiting:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nAbQogbMOk Buttercup

Mighta already been discussed…but did yall see yesterday, that they determined a plane crash last year in Colorado… was caused by SELFIES??? :wtf:
      ==============
      :shocked:

• Gigi26

News said Plane was brand spanky :no:
      ------------------------------
      LAWD :eek:

Ahhh are these American company made planes or them shyts for buy one get one half off from China :thinking:

• Locapoca

KDub says:

They not checking these planes and it’s costing folks their lives.
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      ^^^^^
      I pray this is a lie... Aint that much flexin in the motha fukkin world :nono:

• Bootcampgirl

From downstairs:

@Hair, gurrrllll, I know.
      I like it better now. I’ve been doing it for 10 years. I started working with adults, women are the worst though, in my opinion. I work with juveniles now, it’s different and challenging. It will definitely burn you out. I work for DOC so they are all forced into the program. One thing that I would tell you to remember is that you can’t save everybody. Sometimes your hopes are high that this person will finally get it together and do the right thing. Sadly, people who are in their addiction go through several attempts before they finally stop or end up dead…

• Locapoca

Gigi26 says:

News said Plane was brand spanky
      ^^^^^
      Were the parts for the plane made in China??? :kona:

• Gigi26

--------------------
      YUP. The flash from the camera impaired his vision :no:

Some shyt you really don't need to be in the photo for

• SummerBaby

^^^^^
      I pray this is a lie… Aint that much flexin in the motha fukkin world :nono:
      ---------------
      I read about this earlier :no:

• KDub

^^^^^^^^^^^^
      Here in NC too if you are on I-40 East (going back towards Raleigh). Parts of 540 too. I was at a dinner party at some friends of mine house...why would you buy a $300k house built RIGHT behind the damn airport? Man listen. Every 40 or so MINUTES all that racket. I wouldnt be able to live like that. :no:

• KDub

DENVER— A pilot who lost control while taking selfies was likely the cause of a small plane crash that killed two men this past spring, according to federal investigators.

Pilot Amritpal Singh, 29, and his passenger were killed instantly when Singh's Cessna 150K crashed into a wheat field shortly after midnight May 31. The wreckage was discovered around 7:30 MT that morning.

A GoPro camera mounted to the plane's windshield recorded Singh and several other passengers taking selfies on their cellphones during a series of short flights before the crash, the National Transportation Safety Board found. While the GoPro didn't record the flight where Singh crashed, investigators portrayed a pattern of the pilot taking selfies and possibly texting while giving rides to passengers above Front Range Airport, about 30 miles east of Denver.

• Hair Lova Formerly Known As Dark Ceaser

_________

:wtf: this cant be for real.

@Loca you don't like my picture????

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nAbQogbMOk Buttercup

============
      Honey Dip's best bud lives near the airport. The cost of living is substantially cheaper, but I'll gladly put in on the mortgage to not live near the airport or a main road for that matter. I want a spot tucked back in the cut.

• Locapoca

KDub says:

Pilot Amritpal Singh, 29, and his passenger were killed instantly when Singh’s Cessna 150K crashed into a wheat field shortly after midnight May 31. The wreckage was discovered around 7:30 MT that morning.

A GoPro camera mounted to the plane’s windshield recorded Singh and several other passengers taking selfies on their cellphones during a series of short flights before the crash, the National Transportation Safety Board found. While the GoPro didn’t record the flight where Singh crashed, investigators portrayed a pattern of the pilot taking selfies and possibly texting while giving rides to passengers above Front Range Airport, about 30 miles east of Denver.
      ^^^^^^^
      :facepalm: I cant with people. Like why? what was the point of this fukkery? Now lives all lost because you thought it was a good Idea to focus more on flexin on social media

• Vanna is the root of all evil

Here in NC too if you are on I-40 East (going back towards Raleigh). Parts of 540 too. I was at a dinner party at some friends of mine house…why would you buy a $300k house built RIGHT behind the damn airport? Man listen. Every 40 or so MINUTES all that racket. I wouldnt be able to live like that. :no:

---
      My dad is the same way. He bought his house by the airport 20 years ago. Well Hartsfield wasn't like it is now. Every 10 min u can hear a plane.

• Unshakable

@Dubb,

That's seaux heart wrenching, are other plane crashes which could have been prevented by using a measure of common sense. When dealing with peepa's life, it's prevention first, followed by intervention.

• Locapoca

@Loca you don’t like my picture????

^^^^^^
      Im confused. Is ol boy wearing Hawaiian floral swim trunks? Is the girl wearing printed gaucho pants? Is that a broken hammock hanging in the background? What in the ghetto last trimester hell is going on in this gravi? :blink:

• Hair Lova Formerly Known As Dark Ceaser

@Hair, gurrrllll, I know.
      _________

Boot that's the population that I want to work with. The kids.
      Where I work at now, we house ex (supposedly abusers) homeless and mentally ill WOMAN. Girl please... I can't with these woman and their emotionally unstable arses. It just dawned on me that I can try to see if I can get my hours thru here. Since they have case managers and things of that nature. I don't want to loose my certification.
      I heard it can burn you out also.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nAbQogbMOk Buttercup

That’s seaux heart wrenching, are other plane crashes which could have been prevented by using a measure of common sense. When dealing with peepa’s life, it’s prevention first, followed by intervention.
      =============
      Which is why I don't hesitate to tell someone to pull over if they are texting, looking up stuff, etc. on their phone when they're driving.

• KDub

The cost of living is substantially cheaper

My dad is the same way. He bought his house by the airport 20 years ago. Well Hartsfield wasn’t like it is now. Every 10 min u can hear a plane.
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      these are BRAND NEW houses. The NEW-NEW ish. More than one subdivision back there now too. Used to be literally COW PASTURES. And I will admit, that house is fuego as HELL. :nun: And really with all the bells and whistles it probably WOULD cost ALOT more than what they paid so @Butter is right. ALOT cheaper. But really? Your damn street may as well be a runway. And its not that you can just "hear" a plane. GROUND shaking sometimes.

• MsChavo

Very disturbing to see 4 plane tragedies. All in Asia. Not a coincident.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nAbQogbMOk Buttercup

And its not that you can just “hear” a plane. GROUND shaking sometimes.
      ============
      :yes: Every now and then the toilet may empty on you while you're chilling on your deck

• https://www.facebook.com/lists/10150387562179388#!/video.php?v=347882248719363 User Friendly

Gigi26 says:

So sad and chillle don’t they do maintenance on their planes?! Asia looking reaaal bad with aviation right now
      _________________________________

they fuggin up the weave cartel :mad: betta get it together!

• Hair Lova Formerly Known As Dark Ceaser

^^^^^^
      ______

Loca you forgot to point out my favorite part of the picture. Mama Bear is growling in the corner

• Locapoca

Your damn street may as well be a runway. And its not that you can just “hear” a plane. GROUND shaking sometimes.
      ^^^^^
      When I was younger, we lived behind railroad tracks. used to feel like an earthquake when that damn thing came threw in the night. And the horn? OMG it would make you have a heart attack jumping out of your sleep. I would NOT be partaking in living near an airport after I saw what a railroad could do. :nono:

• Unshakable

@Butta,

Ezackly......peepa can't afford to do that.....have to drive defensively, carefully for you and errybody else. I tell you what gets in my craw.......when I see parents with kids doing that. That grates on my nerves. :cuss:

I saw that and he was indian or soemtihng which is what---east Asian!

they messing up the highways AND the byways!

• Locapoca

^^^^^^
      :hahaha: I dont like you at the moment. Ive been away for two days and I come back to scruggle pregnancy gravis.

• Gigi26

they fuggin up the weave cartel :mad: betta get it together!
      ----------------------
      They bringing that shyt on boats homie! :lol:

Which is why I don’t hesitate to tell someone to pull over if they are texting, looking up stuff, etc. on their phone when they’re driving

also why if I know somebody is texting me while driving I will end the convo right then and there. you wont die on account of me :nono: call me on the speaker, homie.

• https://www.etsy.com/shop/AMarieNaturals lovezoe

They taking selfies when they have a Go-Pro attached to the dashboard :facepalm:

• Candy Cane

I don't need to see this shyt. Makes me nervous about flying.

• KDub

^^^^^^^^^
      I can just IMAGINE. My first apartment was behind a FIRE STATION. :sad: Them BLARING, angry, fire truck/emergency vehicle horns and chit leaving ALL TIMES of the night waking my baby up! :no: I was on the phone on my porch one summer night, and my cousin was like wth IS ALL THAT NOISE GHUL? :blink:

MsChavo says:

Very disturbing to see 4 plane tragedies. All in Asia. Not a coincident.
      ____________________________

:think: I dunno. asia is a big ass continent. 4 planes out of the thousands that take off everyday is really low. its just the news coverage that makes it seem like a lot.

....but im a glass half full type of person so :shrugs:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nAbQogbMOk Buttercup

Ezackly……peepa can’t afford to do that…..have to drive defensively, carefully for you and errybody else. I tell you what gets in my craw…….when I see parents with kids doing that. That grates on my nerves. :cuss:
      ================
      Some of Honey Dip's and my biggest arguments have stemmed from this. I used to fuss. Then I would ask if I can help him find something. I think he finally got the message when I had him pull over, wait until the uber got there, put Lil Butter and I in the car, AND I signed into his Paypal to pay for the ride.

If you want to kill yourself, be my guest. Don't try to take me and my youngin with you :nono:

• Hair Lova Formerly Known As Dark Ceaser

_______

I would have a damn heart attck. Just up chuck and die if I heard some train horn in my sleep. Those things are loud as hell! And like my picture, they being cute for the family album.

:lol: Im so use to the sounds of sirens that its actually soothing. it sounds like "life and motion" to me and makes me feel secure and grateful that im inside (is that weird?).

cant wait til its warmer and I hear the dirty boys with the dirt bikes ride by doing wheelies :bounce: :love:

• GAGIRL87

The news can be so depressing yo :cry:

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybcNSoh8vI4 VDot

Honey Dip’s best bud lives near the airport.

******

:thinking: The ones whose back you walked on?

• Unshakable

@Butta,

Good for you! :thumbsup: Sometimes you hafta be more assertive or even downright aggressive when it comes to you or your baby's safety.

I live in East Harlem. we hear the the Amtrak, the Metro North, & the ammalams all night long. annnnnd the planes pass by on the way to LaGuardia. I like it tho. too much quiet makes me nervous. :bite:

now what I don't like is when ppl wont yield for the ammalams to pass by. so obnoxious.

• https://www.etsy.com/shop/AMarieNaturals lovezoe

My mom stays behind a railroad track. Matter fact, by bedroom window faces it. Luckily, her backyard if huge.

• Hair Lova Formerly Known As Dark Ceaser

:lol: Im so use to the sounds of sirens that its actually soothing. it sounds like “life and motion” to me and makes me feel secure and grateful that im inside (is that weird?).

_______

lolI live two blocks over from the LIR. When I first moved into my apartment it took a while for me to adjust. Hearing the train coming and going, the horns. But eventually I got used to it, it's not so bad. And I know when it's almost time for me to get cause I hear the first train of the day at 5 something.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nAbQogbMOk Buttercup

:thinking: The ones whose back you walked on?
      ===========
      :thinking: I don't think I've walked on his back before. The dude you're referring to still calls Honey Dip and tries to act like I misinterpreted what he said. I think they may have spoken 3 times after that.

• Candy Cane

Yeah I'm with User... I kinda like sirens and outside noise. When I first moved to Chicago I stayed downtown right next to the train tracks. I loved it. I felt connected to the city. What I can't stand is my noisy ass neighbors up stairs. It sounds like they don't have furniture. It's constant running and banging. A few weeks ago around 2pm somebody was getting their ass beat cause I could hear bodies being thrown into the wall. I had to get a broom and bang the ceiling. Pick another time to fight shyt.

• Candy Cane

*2am

• KDub

For all intents and purposes this the country! I aint never getting used to ambulamps and fire trucks and their sirens at 2 a.m. :no: Couldn't sleep with my window open the whole 3 years I live there! :mad: And Dub20 was always a cranky azz sleeper. Mad cause she had to GO to sleep. And then here come a damn fire truck soon as she was down.

Now...watching the firemens wash the trucks and play football in the station courtyard on Sat and Sunday was a perk... :kona:

________________________

:lol: I live in a bldg. full of Mexicans so you know they got kids (no shade luvie! :grill: )

make me no nevermind cuz my son plays :bball: in his room ALL.DAY.AND.ALL.NIGHT.LONGGGGGGGGG nobody ever complains cuz they kids doing some wild shyt in the house too.

now living in the Bronx with porta reecans is a whole nother story. :phew: hammercy

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nAbQogbMOk Buttercup

What I can’t stand is my noisy ass neighbors up stairs.
      ===========
      I've said on numerous occasions I wish that Annie Wilkes will break my neighbor's ankles with that board. A little less than 5 months before my lease expires :nun:

• Unshakable

@Hair,

Is the cost of living up where you at expansive? Like does space come at a premium?

• MsChavo

@ User Friendly

yea I just told myself not to get freaked out.
      I'm going to China in March, but 4 does seem a bit much....no bueno!:no:

• Candy Cane

It's like bitch control your kids. All that fawking jumping. You know you got people who live underneath you. Be respectful. I know kids will be kids, but after 9pm shut up. :lol:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nAbQogbMOk Buttercup

It’s like bitch control your kids. All that fawking jumping. You know you got people who live underneath you. Be respectful. I know kids will be kids, but after 9pm shut up.
      =============
      :no: The chick that lives above me doesn't even have kids. Just her fat a$$ and 2 dogs who like to tussle.

• Hair Lova Formerly Known As Dark Ceaser

What I can’t stand is my noisy ass neighbors up stairs. It sounds like they don’t have furniture. It’s constant running and banging. A few weeks ago around 2pm somebody was getting their ass beat cause I could hear bodies being thrown into the wall.
      _______

My old neighbors up stars used to fight sometimes. The girl was whoopin on dude one day. Funniest ish ever.

@Shake I live NYC my rent is affordable, only cause I live in housing tho. And my apartment is not big either. I heard of was one of the first housing complex's built in bk, so the space is not large at all. But in all nyc is expensive as hell, and becoming more expensive as the days go by.

• Candy Cane

:offtopic:
      When celebs wear the red little strings around their wrist,what does it mean? Or they into Scientology or Kabaluh?

• Hair Lova Formerly Known As Dark Ceaser

Candy Cane says:

_______

My kids run up and down, but once it starts to get late shut the fugg up with all that rachet or go to sleep. I remember growing up we lived under some folks. They used to skate, bowl, jump rope and all kinds of ish in their house. They where my friends, so I knew what they were doing. Made about three of our ceilings fall.

Candy Cane says:

____________________________

:ashamed: sorry.

the girl will be sleep by 8 but that boy will bounce that dam ball until carpal tunnel sets in.

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybcNSoh8vI4 VDot

:newpost: Jessie J and her no more studs lifestyle

• KDub

What I can’t stand is my noisy ass neighbors up stairs.
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      I live in a duplex. Bish who live next to me now? I want to fugg her kids UP. Like frfr. On all that I AM JESUS. And I LOVE KIDS. For her 2 kids to be..IDK they look to be around 12ish and up...THEY LOUD AS HELL. I can be sitting in the living room watching basketball, and OUT OF NOWHERE the boy will BURST out with ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH. :wtf: Every MORNING he HOLLERING. I am like is he slow? Is something WRONG with him? And then IDK WHAT the fawk be going on over there every damn Sat. morning. 730 am! I thought she was leaving them DOLO over there they be so damn loud. I look out my damn door and this bish CAR IS THERE. HOE getcho KIDS.

• Hair Lova Formerly Known As Dark Ceaser

sorry.

_____

Lol I don't let hair11 do that. Once she starts I yell at her to stop, aint no park up in here. My neighbor downstairs gets on my last nerves. Cant wait to move.

• https://www.etsy.com/shop/AMarieNaturals lovezoe

In the bad neighbor on the third floor. :ducks: Luckily, my neighbor understands, but I DO try to reign them in. She's newer complained to management. No playing tough before 9 and after 9.

• Candy Cane

I took me a while to adjust to the cost of living in a big city. Taxes here are high. Rent is high. For what I pay in rent here I could have a nice big ass house in TX. It was all good before I had kids, but now I just look at all the money we are wasting. I want a house, but I don't want to buy one here. Ain't no backyard space and if you fat your neighbors can smell it cause you so close. Man sometimes I wish I could turn back the hands of time. I should have left after I got my first masters... But hindsight is 20/20 so they say. :shrug:

• https://www.etsy.com/shop/AMarieNaturals lovezoe

*Im the bad

Ain’t no backyard space and if you fat your neighbors can smell it cause you so close.

:lol: say what? :rofl: