A bad batch of synthetic marijuana caused 33 New Yorkers to overdose simultaneously on Wednesday.
Police are investigating the deli and another shop on Broadway, near Myrtle Avenue in Bedford-Stuyvesant.
The potheads staggered and collapsed on the sidewalk in an area of Brooklyn known as "Zombieland."
Witnesses say it was like a scene out of 'The Walking Dead' as 'zombies' vomited on their shirts and collapsed all over.
“These guys were wandering around, stumbling all over the place, and were completely out of it,” said Brian Arthur, a resident of Brooklyn. “They didn’t know their whereabouts, and some couldn’t even get up off the floor," he told the Post. "One guy was even trying to hold himself up with a Johnny pump [fire hydrant]. It was ridiculous.”
Arthur posted video of the zombies on Facebook.
In the video, police are seen assisting the addicts after they passed out.
K2 is a particularly potent weed that draws customers from all walks of life to the Brooklyn neighborhood. Some of the weed heads are patients at a nearby methadone clinic.
“There’s always people passed out on the streets. I saw a guy was puking on the street earlier," said Jason Reis, a Bushwick City Farm volunteer.
“They'll often try to congregate out front. In the last week or so, we’ve put a sign that said: ‘No smoking K2.'"
“Obviously, it was a bad batch [of K2],” a police source told the Post. “They are lucky they didn’t die.”