Yes, I know I'm very late with this, but Life happens in between blogging. Since everyone else has their Good, Bad & Ugly lists from the 2008 Grammys, I decided to post mine. Obviously at the very top of my Ugly list are that nigger couple Nas and Kelis. No, I don't like referring to any sista or brotha by that term, but their desperate need for attention is appalling and they are a disgrace to the black race. I have lost complete respect for those niggers.
So here are my Good, Bad & Ugly lists from this year's Grammys:
- Beyonce holding her own with miss Tina Turner. This performance officially signaled the end of Beyonce's reign in the music industry
- Usher didn't perform
- Britney spears didn't perform or show up
- Soulja Boy Tell 'em didn't perform
- Solange didn't perform
- Rap-rocker Kid Rock's duet with singer Keely Smith
- Amy Winehouse made it all the way through her set without stumbling or forgetting her words
- Rihanna winning rap collabo of the year even though Umbrella is not a rap song
- Rihanna shutting jay z down and motioning for him to shut the f up while she's talking. Priceless!
- Jay z didn't perform
- Amy Winehouse winning 5 trophies despite being banned from this country
- Amy Winehouse's shocked reaction upon winning record of the year. Priceless!
- Ne-yo winning a Grammy for contemporary r&b album of the year
- Barack Obama winning a Grammy in the spoken word category
- Rihanna hitting us with the unique one-of-a-kind ostrich feather dress
- Tina turner not needing the paramedics who were standing by with oxygen tanks during her duet with Beyonce
- The tribute to Pimp C, Ike Turner and other notables who are no longer with us
- Stevie wonder not falling on his way to the stage
- Keyshia Cole's mature new look. Beautiful!
- Quincy Jones stumbled on his way to the podium and was caught by Usher
- Rock legends little Richard and jerry lee lewis sharing the same stage
- Kanye West's off key tribute to his late mama
- Jay Z "translating" for Rhi Rhi as if to imply her accent is so thick that we couldn't understand her. What an insult to Barbadians everywhere!Most of the performances were mind numbingly boring
- The prolonged Beatles tribute was unbearable until the church choir saved it at the end
- Chris Brown taking his old lady manager to the Grammys as his date. I guess we can put those Rihanna rumors to bed now.
- The idiot who told Rihanna to "wrap it up" during her acceptance speech while allowing Herbie Hancock to ramble on during his speech
- Will.I.Am singing the ridiculous Grammy song. Will somebody tell him he is not Wyclef Jean
- Herbie Hancock winning album of the year over Amy Winehouse. Did anybody even buy his
album? And what's the difference between record of the year and album of the year anyway?
- Niggers Nas and Kelis wearing their self proclaimed identities on their backs
- The awful outfit and shoes worn by Alicia Keys during her performance with John Mayer (her stylist must really have it in for her)
- Soulja Boy Tell 'em and Chris Brown dressed to unimpress
- Just about every dress worn to the Grammys
- Tameka Foster Raymond subbing for Usher's bodyguard