By Sandra Rose  |

Brandon Bostian Amtrak

The Amtrak engineer who is under investigation in Tuesday night's train crash that killed 8, ranted online for improvements in rail safety, the LAtimes.com reports.

Brandon Bostian, 32, of Queens, N.Y., was at the controls of an Amtrak train that derailed as it barreled around a curve at over 100 miles per hour in Philadelphia. The violent crash killed 8 passengers and injured over 200. All 243 passengers have been accounted for in the twisted wreckage.

Investigators say the train accelerated from 70 mph to 106 mph just seconds before going into the curve. The speed limit on the curve was 50 mph.

In the hours after the crash, Bostian told investigators he did not recall the crash, then he lawyered up and refused to speak to investigators.

"He remembers coming into the curve (and) attempting to reduce speed," Bostian's attorney Robert Goggin told ABC's Good Morning America.

Goggin said Bostian did not apply the emergency brake, as was earlier reported.

"The last thing he recalls is coming to, looking for his bag, getting his cell phone, turning it on and calling 911."

Goggin denied Bostian was texting on his cell phone.

Part of the NTSB's investigation into the fatal crash includes Bostian's state of mind and his online presence on message boards.

In 2012, Bostian took to a rail message board to complain about improving rail safety.

“It shouldn't take an act of Congress to get industry to adopt common-sense safety systems on their own,” Bostian wrote of the 2008 Metrolink train crash in Chatsworth that killed 25 people and injured 135 after an engineer ran a red stop signal while texting on his cellphone. That disaster prompted a national effort to develop positive train control to prevent similar disasters. Source

The openly gay activist also campaigned against California's Prop 8 that banned the rights of gays to get married. He was very vocal about his support of gay marriage and actively sought out media attention.

“It’s kind of insulting to have to beg people for my right to marry,” he told The Midtown Gazette newspaper in 2012. “I feel like we shouldn’t even have to have this fight.”

But many Twitter.com users reacted angrily to Bostian's sexual lifestyle. Some users accused the government-funded Amtrak of hiring Bostian to fill a "diversity quota".

Some observers believe Bostian deliberately crashed the train in a narcissistic bid to bring attention to the need for rail safety improvement.

Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter called Bostian "reckless," adding, "There's no way in the world he should have been going that fast into the curve."

• Phrozen1der

:rofl: Him being gay caused the accident? If not why does that matter?? :lol:

• Unshakable

I pray to God this is not what really happened. There is enough going on in the world without having to take the lives others. As I do not have all the facts, I will follow this story as it develops. Prayers to all involved and the fam of the deceased.

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybcNSoh8vI4 VDot

***********

:blink: :blink: I hope he didn't kill those people on purpose.

Not sure what his sexuality has to do with possibly deliberately crashing the train tho :huh:

• SummerBaby

I couldn't get past the title :rofl: let me go back & read.

• http://youtu.be/bQaBEm_mh5U I AM MisTaken I don’t get tired :huh: of being PETTY :)

@PHRO I mean I dunno :shrugs: Maybe when he went to push the breaks they was like :stop: Nah get the FOH with that gay ish :nono: take that funny stuff back to the gas???

• WhoDat

Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter called Bostian reckless
    ^^^^
    He let a colored HIV positive wrassler gizz in his boi pusscee too? Hmmmm Mr. "Nutter"? That term thrown around just everywhere. Every damn situation. I've seen it about 8 times this week. Careless? Stupid? Deadly won't eem work?

I don't have time for this story. Charge him with murder. Manslaughter. Something. God bless the dead.

Next.

• http://theempirefiend.tumblr.com/ Bird

Oh Lordt. Now he done did it cause he gay. :coffee:
    *************************

Gabby Douglas looks like she has PCOS or some sort of male hormone excess syndrome.
    **************************

You know all these athletes be doping these days.

• Nefertiti ePoundCake$$—>OhTaBizzle

______

Sounds like a quality issue... :huh: .

If he did have nefarious thoughts...that would be just terrible.. IDK. I dont belee them. :tea: I belee he just fukked up. It happens.

• https://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

VDot says:

***********
    :blink: :blink: I hope he didn’t kill those people on purpose.
    -----------------

He shows signs of narcissism in his online postings. I wouldn't put it past him to crash the train -- and kill people -- in order to bring attention to what he believes is the larger issue of rail safety. Narcissists are weird like that. Their primary purpose is to bring attention to themselves or their agendas. They have no empathy for others.

• Unshakable

@Summer,

The title just sorta jumps out at you, doesn't it? :rofl:

Sandrita,

Hello a d happy Friday. Salutations aside, whet does his sexual orientation have to do with this tragedy? :think:

He let a colored HIV positive wrassler gizz in his boi pusscee too? Hmmmm Mr. “Nutter”
    McNutter :ghost:

• SummerBaby

He shows signs of narcissism in his online postings. I wouldn’t put it past him to crash the train — and kill people — in order to bring attention to what he believes is the larger issue of rail safety. Narcissists are weird like that. Their primary purpose is to bring attention to themselves or their agendas. They have no empathy for others.
    -----------------------
    :think:

• Nefertiti ePoundCake$$—>OhTaBizzle

_________

Like 3 trains jumped the tracks yesterday, day before... :huh: . They all bringing attn to the issue? Which obviously is an issue..

• Phrozen1der

@Mistaken :lol:

@Sandra I thought about B6-13 when they mentioned that he had "amnesia", and didn't remember anything this morning...How do you explain why the mechnical piece that controls the speed is nowhere in sight? This was deliberate perhaps by him. However, I still think his sexuality hasn't a thing to do with it...

• harley_quinn

From downstairs:
    Nefertiti ePoundCake$$—>OhTaBizzle says:
    _
    Everything. Except I never was into her. Thought the Aunt was more interesting.. or I mean, I enjoyed her scenes with her aunt. Never the ones where she was being “Kenya”. *yuck face*
    ………….
    :cosign: I enjoyed that redneck daddy of hers (if that’s really her daddy :kona: ). But if they are foolish enough to give her show his arse and the aunt need to be on every episode.

• Unshakable

Pretty soon Auntie gone have us side eyeing errybody.

• Nefertiti ePoundCake$$—>OhTaBizzle

This was deliberate perhaps by him.
    ________

So not only is he gay (somebody somewhere think its bad..) he dumb too? :lol: Cause why. :confused:

Maybe he thought he was gone die too? :huh: Cause he know prison is next right?

At least he getting a treatment. :lol: Not the coloured treatment mind you...but they in that past so quick. :hahaha: He did it cause he gay. :rules:

• Nefertiti ePoundCake$$—>OhTaBizzle

I enjoyed that redneck daddy of hers (if that’s really her daddy ). But if they are foolish enough to give her show his arse and the aunt need to be on every episode.
    ------

I forgot about the diddy! :lol: Yeah him too! I thought her friend Brandon was :gag finger: I like my gay respectful and entertaining. :huh:

• whitty hutton

I think he fell asleep and inadvertently accelerated the train. He woke up from the bumping and the train veering off the tracks which is why the brakes weren't used.

The remarks abt safety were from 2012 and very valid. Why does everybody have yo always have an ulterior motive and/or agenda when shyt happens. We're all human and prone to mistakes...even ones that cause the loss of life. Not saying he's not responsible cuz he is but I don't think there's any intent.

• Nefertiti ePoundCake$$—>OhTaBizzle

so basically you’ll be over there tonight
    _______

Nerp. :lol: My homegirl got two tests today that mean we in them streets tonight :dance:

• Phrozen1der

@OTB Right!!!!! Gots to be more careful.. :lol:

• whitty hutton

Narcissism is the cause of all the world's ills. :facepalm:

• Nefertiti ePoundCake$$—>OhTaBizzle

We’re all human and prone to mistakes…even ones that cause the loss of life. Not saying he’s not responsible cuz he is but I don’t think there’s any intent.

________

Right. Fukk all this other noise. Lily white kid fukked up. IT HAPPENS. Whether we get 24hr news cycles about it or not.

Narcissism is the cause of all the world’s ills
    :stop: That and kids pissing on themselves. Don't forget that :rules:

• Nefertiti ePoundCake$$—>OhTaBizzle

Pretty soon Auntie gone have us side eyeing errybody.
    _______

:hahaha: Too late for a whole bunch of her Loyal Reader..

• SummerBaby

I'm so hungry :crying:

• Nefertiti ePoundCake$$—>OhTaBizzle

Narcissism is the cause of all the world’s ills.
    __

No. Gay. :no: Wait no. Single Mothers..:huh: . So yeah. Women. In general. We having these gay chirren. And raising em alone. Women. Thanks a lot Eve.

:eek: Full circle analysis right there. For free.

• Str8tUpMenace

whitty hutton says:

I think he fell asleep and inadvertently accelerated the train. He woke up from the bumping and the train veering off the tracks which is why the brakes weren’t used.
    ________________________

This is what I thought. :yes:

Joakim Noah is tight honey :hahaha: I like the fighter in him. Watching this snippet of him after they got eliminated by the Cavs. They were like you regret anything you said about Cleveland? He was like *psssssssh* :rolleyes: you like it? You think Cleveland is cool? I never hear anybody saying they going to Cleveland on vacation. What’s so good about Cleveland? :ghost: :rofl:

• whitty hutton

:lol: @taken n otb

I mean c'mon...really??

I peed the bed at night cuz I was scared of the dark...bladder n kidneys were fine and the only thing traumatizing me was whatever monster I knew without a doubt was gonna grab me en route to the bedroom! :eek:

• https://www.facebook.com/lists/10150387562179388#!/video.php?v=347882248719363 User Friendly

Oh lord :facepalm: the stupid, it burns

• Nefertiti ePoundCake$$—>OhTaBizzle

Lmbo Joakim is a mess. But a reallyyyyyy good guy otherwise. Go Gator. But Lebron :nun:

• https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0TMzDWwIj7Y Nancy Drew Ain’t Studdin’ You :yawn:

:shrug: I got nothing... his online postings aside, how has is performance been ON THE JOB? any past safety violations? any known equipment failures? dis tew convoluted :wail:

still, GOD bless the families who lost loved ones, and bless the injured survivors :pray:

• SummerBaby

------------------
    I'm a Bulls fan! I agreed with him all the way :tea:

Oh lord :facepalm: the stupid, it burns
    :crying1:
    What we doing this weekend LEAC O C K S? :bounce: I got nothing. wamp. wamp. waaaamp. :eek:

• whitty hutton

His best bet is to stick with not remembering a damn thang! Otherwise the media is gonna analyze his every word and gesture to infinity and beyond...I get so tired of this bullshyt ass "news" we're subjected to. Everybody's a fukkin expert psychoanalyst these days. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Blanche Devereaux

@Summer I been loving the bulls since I was 4 or 5..I ain't worried. My boys will be back next year...wait on it :tea: Bron Bron still ain't gonna get a ring this year

• SunRiseBlossom

:mad: I want to gain about 15 pounds and loose about 15 pounds in my stomach area :wail:

How do you explain why the mechnical piece that controls the speed is nowhere in sight? This was deliberate perhaps by him. However, I still think his sexuality hasn’t a thing to do with it…
    __________________________

@Phro, maybe he was inspired by his fellow-gay pilot who locked the co-pilot out the cawkpit (:sniggles:) and crashed that plane. (obviously, the pilot had more balls that this dude though) :kona:

• harley_quinn

----------

:dead: I liked that nig ever since he played for UF. Ole crazy beige self :rofl:

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybcNSoh8vI4 VDot

My homegirl got two tests today that mean we in them streets tonight :dance:

*******

:huh: so im the only one who goes out :cheers:, :buttshake: and then drunk :cell: I'm on my way. Getcha dyck out?!?! Can't be :huh:

• https://www.etsy.com/shop/AMarieNaturals lovezoe

Monroe Bird. Shot and paralyzed by a rent a cop. Sitting his car, accused of having sex with his female passenger who happens to be white. Zimmerman Jr. said Monroe reached for his weapon.

• SummerBaby

SunRiseBlossom says:

------------------
    Fat transfer :tea:

Take our wknd plns---

Me: swim class & cleaning.

Girl: fashion show :nun:

Boy: annoying my life & sulking

But the Spurs are out of it ..who can beat Cleveland??? Well I guess technically one would look to the one that beat the Spurs :thinking: But how do the Clippers match up with them vs the Spurs? I must admit I have been on a :bball: strike since Kobe went out again the Lakers have been playing like POOSIES. My only hope was that they would finish the year so terrible they would re-up in the off season. But we don’t need draft picks and then hope they pan out. We need help NOW. Kobe needs rings 6 :wails: I been watching the Hawks a lil bit.. but they so sometimey I hate to get my hopes up with them

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybcNSoh8vI4 VDot

I want to gain about 15 pounds and loose about 15 pounds in my stomach area

******

They have a surgery for that :yes: Suck out the gut and put it in your butt :buttshake:

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybcNSoh8vI4 VDot

Me: swim class & cleaning.

******

How's that going? What can you do now? Float? Doggy paddle? Tread the water?

SunRiseBlossom says:
    ---------
    Umm give birth? :huh: Cuz a 15lb stomach must got a person in it :rofl:

Suck out the gut and put it in your butt :buttshake:
    _____________________________

you a poet! Maya Angelou would be proud :nun: :hahaha:

• whitty hutton

@vdot
    No...that's the best part of going out. Going home to a BBD!!! :heart:

I just want the fat out :cry: anybody want some? I can sell I if you pay for it to come out! I got good fat. I promise. GRADE A :buttshake: Just a lil too much :oops:

Its going good whn I actually go :shame: im on the back stroke now :yes:

I had the boy take pix but they all looked like a manatee so they got deleted :ban:

• whitty hutton

**pushes taken out the way**
    I got fat to donate for FREE!!

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybcNSoh8vI4 VDot

Maya Angelou would be proud

*******

:hug:
    I got more :eek: wAnna hear? :rofl:

• Phrozen1der

@Nancy :lol:

@VDot :rofl: foolish..

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahneSxJYnHo&list=UUcbYWMlGF9Jj58Rp10X7Rag that_VA_thickchick

So my stupid boss just asked me why I ordered envelopes? It took every single ounce of my restraint to say BISH do YOU want to order supplies? WELL, DO YOU? Fuh out my face? What do people use envelopes for? HUH!? :mad:

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybcNSoh8vI4 VDot

:lol: at manatee. I'm sure you looked just fine :yes:

• harley_quinn

Umm give birth? Cuz a 15lb stomach must got a person in it

**************

:ghost: :dead:

User Friendly says:

SunRiseBlossom says:
    ———
    Umm give birth? :huh: Cuz a 15lb stomach must got a person in it :rofl:
    :dead: :lol:

I got more :eek: wAnna hear? :rofl:
    ________________________

uh, one a day is sufficient... so we can let it marinate :) :lol:

• whitty hutton

Just read the Monroe Bird story... :cuss:

Dailykos dot com

• OpinionHated

I'll buy some fat if I can put it in my tiddays..... gaining weight is hard - anybody have any success stories that have worked for them... I can't get past 125 and my goal weight is 130 - I am far too tall to be only 125 (5'8" - 6 feet in my heels)..... I hold my own - got a nice figure and all but dagnamit everybody waking around with big azzes and tiddays and I got a just enough booty and barely there boobs (stands with arms crossed and an angry Riley from the boondocks face)....

• http://theempirefiend.tumblr.com/ Bird

Sandy your facts are inaccurate in this story. Pretty much all of them including what the lawyer said on GMA which I happened to be watching. What do you think about Republicans trying to cut funding to Amtrak right in the midst of all of this? Does it sound as crazy to you as it does to me?

• SunRiseBlossom

VDot says:

Catchy phrase VDot :lol:
    User friendly

User Friendly says:

Umm give birth? :huh: Cuz a 15lb stomach must got a person in it :rofl:
    _____________________________
    :hahaha: I hate you :chase:

I hope this didn't happene :no:

Umm give birth? Cuz a 15lb stomach must got a person in it

**************
    That can walk and communicate and use the toilet :hahaha: She didn't say it was a hard 15 pounds.
    If this security guard do not get the ENTIRE FOK from in front of my face. Listen :facepalm: I am trying to turn the page on today and be Godly #DEJLOAF but this right here irks my soul. I know daggone well when other folks around you just don't suddenly get up and start walking round in front of the desk they at..start asking dumb a questions. Soon as i came to help old girl out and cover her lunch (3 folks out today) you was all :hi: :cheer: how are you? and I said tired and ready to go. What makes you think to get up walk around the way and stand in front me and drum up a conversation? WHY? Somebody be a filter for me so I don't hurt feelings :tape:

:lol: you and your fancy schmancy lunches :nana:

• https://www.facebook.com/pages/She_ShowOut/1386876974967664?fref=ts She_ShowOut

Good Afternoon Sandra & Roses :waves:
    I :pray: for the families of the deceased.
    Gay marriage: Sandra, I'm starting to understand your point.

• WUT IZ A PHD!!! :grill:

RIP BB KING!

Hey yall ! :waves:

• OpinionHated

@Bird Republicans don't give a ratz azz about the general public's safety they are - all politicians really - brought and paid for by corporate America so spending and laws will reflect things that are in a corporations best interest - the Republicans feel Amtrak should be making profits and does not want to invest despite the fact that most every state has aging railways in dire need of repair... its like our bridges and streets - how we the wealthiest nation but we got unsafe bridges and craters on our roads... i'm angry thinking about how unfair chit has become in this country - i'm all for capitalism but you can have to temper it with common sense and some compassion....

• SunRiseBlossom

whitty hutton says:

**pushes taken out the way**
    I got fat to donate for FREE!!
    __________________________
    :hug: Thanks Babe :love: Free Fat is always good!!! :lol:

_______
    2012 :huh: I'mm sorry but this statement is irrelevant :tea:

• harley_quinn

:offtopic: So ppl are dragging the kardashians saying they want to be black because they like Popeyes chicken :rofl: :wtf:

• SunRiseBlossom

I AM MisTaken I don't get tired :huh: of being PETTY :) says:

Umm give birth? Cuz a 15lb stomach must got a person in it

**************
    That can walk and communicate and use the toilet :hahaha: She didn’t say it was a hard 15 pounds.
    ____________________________
    I hate you too :lol: :chase:

The openly gay activist also campaigned against California’s Prop 8 that banned the rights of gays to get married. He was very vocal about his support of gay marriage and actively sought out media attention.

:huh: what does this have to do with the accident though ? :huh:

• WhoDat

Joakim is a mess. But a reallyyyyyy good guy otherwise. Go Gator.
    ^^^^
    You see Lil Billy Donovan done got him a REAL job? He is with Da Thunder. I was like gone head Lil Billy :nun:

harley_quinn says:

Just for the popeyes chicken :huh: Hell everybody like good fried chicken.... let me log out and log back in ... something seems blurred today :blink:

• WhoDat

what does this have to do with the accident though ? :huh:
    ^^^^^
    In my Chris Tucker voice...

Not a damn thing!

Taken :hug: woooo-sahhhhh :lol:

WUT IZ A PHD!!! :grill: says:

RIP BB KING!
    Hey yall !

:cosign: Hey there :hi:

Joakim
    -----

Different Joachim but I hated their storyline on the Browns tv show. That whole little family within a family part was a waste of airtime.

Dubb :hahaha: chile .... I'm like :huh:

________________________

AND they love BBD :lol:

• OpinionHated

Everybody wants the swag that blacks have but don't nobody want to be black..... they'll tan, they'll rock cornrows, they'll dress hip hop and talk gangsta but if you told them tomorrow you can be a real life black person they'd all run in the other direction.....

Tell white America to stop pawning them inflated booty ho's off on us - blacks have always been more tolerant (of everything except gays) so we'll probably take their dumb azzes in - tell ya what we'll take the Kardashians if y'all take the Jacksons.... as they stand today not as they were back in the day.... Jermaine and his helmet hair having babies with his brother wife... yuck....

what does this have to do with the accident though ? :huh:
    ^^^^^
    nothing. Thats the reverse psychology agenda in action :yes:

Hey WUT and ShowOut :hi:

:rofl: at Jenie!

hitty hutton says:

**pushes taken out the way**
    I got fat to donate for FREE!!
    :hug: Thanks Babe :love: Free Fat is always good!!!
    TUH. Ok. You get what you pay (and do not pay) for :tea: Mess around and be dead cause you got musty fat put in ya body

• http://theempirefiend.tumblr.com/ Bird

Even after then, questions remain about why it's taken so long and what other infrastructure or technological improvements aren't happening.

Boardman said Amtrak and other transportation infrastructure nationally are significantly underfunded. This problem leaves agencies with tough questions about which safety upgrades to implement and which ones not to, with potentially dangerous implications.

There's no guarantee that more funding is coming.
    ******************************

All I ever hear about is funding being cut to this and funding being cut to that. Privatize this and privatize that so that fat cats can get fatter. Where is the cot dang money going? Our schools are going to heck hell in a hand basket, they done privatized space exploration. WTH does that? Privatized the prison system so they could bring back legal slavery. Now we got infrastructure issues that a devoloped country shouldn't have. And of course it is the Republicans spear heading all of this privatization crap to the rich can get richer.

This is not a gay issue.

• MissHarlem

Dumb just dumb. What his ass do has nothing to do with the train crashing. When you read things outloud you realize how dumb chit sounds :rofl: this is how I proofread

@NAN it's just maddening :lol: Stand RIGHT in front of me. Asked me something she knows I already know about. I was like :)
    Let me see if this Balenciag perfume is the one that I liked in Nordstroms. It's not the normal one ... They only sell it there. This one on Fragrancenet is the same color bottle but I am unsure :thinking: Let me research. You know I like a good deal but am picky about my fragrances.

Nancy Drew Ain't Studdin' You :yawn: says:

Hey WUT and ShowOut :hi:
    Hey Nan :happy:

• WhoDat

What his ass do
    ^^^^
    As in what he do in his personal life?

Or what dat boi pusscee do?

:wail:

• whitty hutton

TUH. Ok. You get what you pay (and do not pay) for Mess around and be dead cause you got musty fat put in ya body
    ---------------
    :rofl: :sideeye: **hands on hips** my fat ain't musty. This is all natural range-fed, cage free, no artificial additives, colors or preservatives grade AAAA fat. #hater

• http://theempirefiend.tumblr.com/ Bird

OpinionHated says:

tell ya what we’ll take the Kardashians if y’all take the Jacksons…. as they stand today not as they were back in the day…. Jermaine and his helmet hair having babies with his brother wife… yuck….
    **************************

I am not willing to give up the Jacksons nor take the Kraptrashians even though I am all for globalization. I like the idea of us embracing the cultures of others. Not a big fan of seperate but equal. I want together and equal.

_________
    never let's me down. get back to the basics :crying1:

• Crickett

Some gays are high functioning lunatics.

**hands on hips** my fat ain’t musty. This is all natural range-fed, cage free, no artificial additives, colors or preservatives grade AAAA fat. #hater
    :tea: cage free you say? WHALE I knew it was a poster on here that lived in a cage and I might have gotten confused. MY BAD :rolleyes: :rofl:

• whitty hutton

So no EJ Johnson post?? :shrugs:

:newpost:

@NAN it’s just maddening :lol: Stand RIGHT in front of me. Asked me something she knows I already know about. I was like :)
    _____________________________

I aint got the answers Sway :no: I think you prob just attract people :shrug:
    I'm nowhere near as pleasant (read, approachable) in my demeanor as you are and folks STILL won't leave me alone :facepalm: my mama say I just "draw" people :shrug: it's a gift, we don't own it :nun:

• MissHarlem

DUBB cmon on son dis me boy poiscee :lol:

• pointhimout

I doubt that. Any spin they can put on this story, they'll reach for it. Something had him distracted, I think. I mean the guy was going 100mph, 50 miles over the speed limit.