Jonathan Majors’ attorney says the actor wants nothing to do with his ex-girlfriend who accused him of assaulting her after a night of bar-hopping in March.
Majors, 33, appeared virtually in New York Criminal Court on Tuesday for a status conference hearing on his case. Majors did not speak during the hearing.
Majors was arrested on March 25 after his ex-girlfriend claimed he strangled her in a taxi when she tried to grab his cell phone as he texted another woman. Majors was released from jail the same day.
Judge Rachel S. Pauley told Majors to continue abiding by a restraining order for the alleged victim.
Last week the Manhattan District Attorney’s office granted a restraining order with the consent of defense counsel.
During the hearing, Majors’ attorney Priya Chaudhry said she consented to the restraining order “because Mr. Majors wants nothing to do with the woman who assaulted him.”
The DA’s Office provided new details during Tuesday’s hearing. The woman also allegedly suffered an injury to her right arm when she was “pushed” into a taxi by Majors.
The injury is in addition to the previously reported laceration to her right ear and finger. The DA omitted an alleged injury to her neck.
In a statement sent after the hearing, Chaudhry called the woman a liar. Chaudhry said they had additional video to back up the claim that the victim went clubbing after the alleged incident.
Chaudhry also said the treatment of Majors by the police and the DA is an example of racial bias.
“This is a witch hunt against Jonathan Majors, driven by baseless claims. Instead of dismissing the allegations in the face of the woman’s clear lies, the DA has adjusted the charges to match the woman’s new lies. To be clear, there are no new charges against Mr. Majors,” Chaudhry wrote.
Majors’ meteoric career has come to a grinding halt. He was dropped by Marvel Studios, his management company, Entertainment 360, and public relations team.
Also, the military canceled a recruiting campaign featuring the actor.