Photo may have been deleted

Facebook

A Burger King signage went viral after a group of disgruntled Burger King employees walked off the job at the same time at a Lincoln, Nebraska location.

The former employees walked off the job and left a message on the Burger King sign announcing: "WE ALL QUIT. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE."

According to the former employees, they were upset over poor work conditions, low pay and long hours. They chose to collect unemployment which pays more than the minimum wage in Nebraska.

"They have gone through so many district managers since I've been GM," said former general manager Rachel Flores who was among the disgruntled workers that resigned. "No one has come to the store to help me out. They're so in and out."

Flores told reporters the sign was something they all came up with to inform customers that the restaurant was closed and "just kind of a laugh to upper management."

Burger King corporate office issued a statement to CNN:

"The work experience described at this location is not in Lin with our brand values. Our franchisee is looking into this situation to ensure this doesn't happen in the future."

Flores said she was surprised the sign went viral on social media.

"I didn't think anybody was going to notice it, because we did just one sign, and then it went pretty crazy on Facebook," she said. "I got a call from my upper management and they told me I needed to take it down."

Dan Kitwood/Getty Images

Matt Hancock has resigned as Secretary of State for Health and Social Care after photos surfaced of him kissing his closest aide, Gina Coladangelo, pictured together in 2019.

Hancock, a member of the Conservative Party in England, was under pressure to resign after The Sun newspaper published pictures of him embracing and kissing Coladangelo.

The newspaper said the photos were taken inside the Department of Health on May 6. The photos show Hancock and Colandangelo locked in an intimate embrace and kissing passionately.

Ian Forsyth/Getty Images

Ms. Coladangelo, pictured with Hancock in 2019, is married with three children.

Mr. Hancock married Martha Hoyer Miller in 2006. They have three children.

Hancock's stoic wife, Martha, was spotted outside her north-west London home on June 24 after the scandalous photos were published. She was still wearing her wedding band.

PA Images /Getty Images

Hancock's extramarital affair angered Britains, particularly since Hancock advised Prime Minister Boris Johnson to force Brits to socially distance and wear face masks.

Tory MP Andrew Bridgen told BBC News it was not the affair that angered the public "but the hypocrisy of being someone who makes the rules and then broke the rules".

Hancock reportedly chose to resign and was not forced out of his position by the prime minister.

Ms. Coladangelo is also leaving her position as a non-executive director of the Department of Health. It is unclear if she was fired for fraternizing on the job.

Photo may have been deleted

YouTube

Patrisse Cullors, co-founder of Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation, is stepping down amid allegations she misused donations.

BLMGNF announced Tuesday, May 27, that Cullors is stepping down from her role as the movement's executive director.

"With smart, experienced and committed people supporting the organization during this transition, I know that BLMGNF is in good hands," Cullors said in a statement. "The foundation's agenda remains the same — eradicate white supremacy and build life-affirming institutions."

Last month, Hawk Newsome, another BLM founder, called for an "independent" financial investigation into Cullors' spending after she made substantial real estate transactions with no apparent source of income.

Cullors owns a total of $3.2 million in real estate holdings.

Paras Griffin/Getty Images

Cullors bought a three-bedroom home in Topanga Canyon for $1.4 million. The home is located in an area with a Black population of just 1.8 percent.

The property is located about 20 miles from her childhood home in an "impoverished" area in Van Nuys, California.

Cullors purchased two other homes in Los Angeles, according to public records.

In 2017, she bought a house in Inglewood for $510,000. The property is now worth $800,000.

Cullors and her lesbian spouse Janaya Khan also purchased a home in Atlanta, Georgia for $415,000.

Cullors previously complained that the criticism surrounding her real estate portfolio was an example of "white supremacy".

Photo may have been deleted

Rich Fury/Getty Images, WENN.com

Sharon Osbourne called out her former co-host, Sheryl Underwood, for saying she didn't reach out to apologize after their argument on "The Talk."

The 68-year-old British TV presenter clashed with Underwood, 57, during an episode of the CBS talk show on March 10. Osbourne defended her friend Piers Morgan against allegations of racism after he criticized Meghan Markle's interview with Oprah Winfrey.

CBS announced "The Talk" was going on hiatus and launched an investigation after Osbourne and Underwood clashed on the set.

Osbourne was reportedly paid "up to $10 million" to walk away from the show in March. CBS stated Osbourne "did not align with our values for a respectful workplace".

Osbourne apologized to Underwood and the show's viewers on Twitter.com in March. However, Underwood claims Osbourne didn't reach out to her personally to apologize.

Michael Schwartz/Getty Images

Underwood went through her phone history as proof that Osbourne didn't get in touch.

Osbourne hit back by insisting she'd sent several text messages to Underwood.

"(I) not only sent these messages to Sheryl but I apologized to her in person in her dressing room," she told London's DailyMail.com.

Osbourne accused Underwood of deliberately attempting to blacklist her in America.

"Why are you saying I never apologized, Sheryl? What are you trying to do to me? Why are you trying to destroy my reputation? Just be honest. Tell me."

Underwood then allowed the Daily Mail to publish the text messages. One message read:

"Sheryl, My heart is heavy and I'm deeply saddened by the events that transpired on Wednesday. I don't want to lose my true friend over this. I'm sorry for telling you to f**k off during break, I'm sorry for accusing you of fake crying while we were live on air and I'm sorry for losing my temper with you."

The text continued:

"I felt shocked, scared and saddened by what felt like was a blind-sided attack. You know me. You know how I've always had your back. We've outlasted everyone on this show and that’s because we’ve always been a team and had each other's backs. I consider you a genuine friend. If you want to talk on the phone over the weekend I'm here. Once again from the bottom of my heart I'm sorry. Is there anything You need from me or that I can do to help you heal? Love and respect always — Sharon."

In another message sent on March 15, Osbourne wrote:

"Hi Sheryl. I know you're taking space and I don't want to disrespect that. I'm just reaching out because I want you (to) know I'm thinking about you. If you are willing, can we talk before Wednesday? Big kiss."

And her final text message, sent on March 18, read: "Sheryl I am thinking about you. Hope you are well. Sending my love."

Photo may have been deleted

Getty Images

Sharon Osbourne was paid up to $10 million to walk away from CBS talk show "The Talk" after her on-set blow up with a co-star.

The 68-year-old Brit clashed with her American co-host Sheryl Underwood during the March 10 episode, when she defended her friend Piers Morgan against allegations of racism following his comments about Meghan Markle, Duchess of Sussex.

This prompted the network to pause production of the show while they launched an investigation.

The show has been off air for almost two weeks due to the controversy. Last week, CBS announced that Sharon Osbourne would not return to the show as her actions "did not align with our values for a respectful workplace".

An insider told the New York Post's gossip column Page Six that Osbourne took a substantial payout to walk away and not look back.

"Sharon is walking away with a $5 to $10 million minimum payout," a source said, with another source adding that the outspoken TV personality will "talk when she is ready. She still wants to give her side of the story. She has been on that show for 11 years and knows all the secrets".

Photo may have been deleted

Getty Images, CBS

The short list of names to replace Osbourne includes actress Holly Robinson-Peete (pictured left), who accused Osbourne of calling her "too ghetto" to be part of the cast.

CBS confirmed The Talk will remain on hiatus for another two weeks before returning with Osbourne's replacement on 12 April.

Photo may have been deleted

Getty Images

White House staffers who smoked marijuana in the past are not welcome in the Biden administration.

The Biden administration shocked White House staffers by asking them to resign their positions if they have ever smoked weed.

According to multiple reports, "dozens" of White House staffers were either suspended, asked to resign, or placed in a remote work program because they confessed to past marijuana use.

The White House staffers were asked during the background-check process if they had ever used marijuana in the past.

The ones who answered "yes" were told the Biden administration was willing to overlook some marijuana use, but they were later asked to resign.

The staffers who didn't lose their jobs despite marking "yes" to marijuana use were retained to "ensure that talented and otherwise well-qualified applicants with limited marijuana use will not be barred from serving the American people."

The response on social media was swift. The Atlantic's Derek Thompson wrote it's "incredibly stupid for many reasons," considering "that cannabis is legal is Washington, DC."

While Bloomberg's Steven Dennis wondered aloud if a "young Barack Obama, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush or JFK would have been excluded from this White House" for smoking weed.

Michael S. Schwartz/Getty Images

Alexi McCammond stepped down as editor of Teen Vogue after racist and homophobic tweets resurfaced from a decade ago.

McCammond, who was 17 when she wrote the tweets, apologized profusely after the internet recirculated the old tweets earlier this month.

The tweets included comments about the appearance of Asian features, derogatory stereotypes about Asians and LGBT+ slurs.

Screenshots of the old tweets were recirculated after Condé Nast announced her new gig at the helm of Teen Vogue on March 5.

As the outrage ensued on social media, Ulta Beauty and Burt's Bees, major advertisers with Teen Vogue, suspended their campaigns with the publication.

One social media user wrote:

"I was happy to see a young, black, woman successful in a space that was NOT ALLOWED in my day but after reading her racist, comments... I am DONE! Sadly, she always seemed a little too cocky and now a racist, too!!!"

But others were willing to give McCammond another chance.

One Instagram user wrote:

"How is our culture supposed to evolve if we can't forgive? She said these things when she was 17. Everyone here judging is secretly happy that they didn't have Twitter when they were ignorant teenagers."

Another user wrote:

"Wait that's it? She basically only states that asian people exist and are not without fault. This, when tweeted at 17, is supposed to ruin someone's career? Are you for fucking real? She's not the problem, you are."

Photo may have been deleted

Getty Images

Piers Morgan famously stormed off the set of Good Morning Britain and quit on Monday, after Meghan Markle filed a formal complaint with ITV.

In his rant prior to his departure from the show, Morgan, 55, referred to Markle as "Princess Pinocchio" - and he suggested she lied about being suicidal.

"I don't believe almost anything that comes out of her mouth and I think the damage she's done to the British monarchy and to the Queen at a time when Prince Philip is lying in hospital is enormous and frankly contemptible," he said.

Following Morgan's remarks on the show, Markle, 39, complained directly to ITV's CEO Dame Carolyn McCall, the former boss of the Guardian newspaper, who signed off on the million-dollar deal to air Markle's interview with Oprah Winfrey on the ITV Network.

In her complaint, Markle said Morgan's views could upset people with mental health problems.

It is understood that ITV formally ordered Morgan to apologize to Markle, but he refused.

"I still don't believe Meghan," he told reporters on Tuesday. He suggested she is a narcissist who manipulates everyone to get what she wants.

WPA Pool/Getty Images

"If I have to fall on my sword for expressing an honestly-held opinion about Meghan Markle and that diatribe of bilge that she came out within that interview, so be it. I think it's fair to say, although the woke crowd will think that they've canceled me, I think they will be rather disappointed when I re-emerge."

Later, he tweeted:

"On Monday, I said I didn't believe Meghan Markle in her Oprah interview. I've had time to reflect on this opinion, and I still don't [believe her]. If you did, OK. Freedom of speech is a hill I'm happy to die on. Thanks for all the love, and hate. I'm off to spend more time with my opinions."

Photo may have been deleted

Morgan wasn't the only public figure to criticize Markle. She was also slammed by her former "Suits" co-star Wendell Pierce during a radio interview in London.

Pierce lashed out at Markle, her husband Harry Windsor, and television mogul Oprah for causing a distraction by airing the bombshell interview during a pandemic.

"Today 3,000 people are going to die in America from Covid," he said, per the Daily Mail. "A couple of hundred people are going to die, even this hour, in the UK."

Photo may have been deleted

NBCUniversal via Getty Images

Pierce, 54, suggested that Markle was wrong for claiming to be suicidal in the midst of worldwide death.

He said he found it "quite insensitive and offensive that we are all complicit in this sort of palace gossip in the midst of so much death. I think it is insignificant."

The actor clarified that he was criticizing "everyone" involved in the interview, including Winfrey, television networks CBS and ITV, Harry, Markle and the Palace.

He also insisted that the royal family shouldn't engage in such gossip, but should instead "focus on the throes of death that we're in."

Later, Pierce tweeted that the British monarchy is historically racist.

"The British monarchy is archaic in my American eyes. If slavery, colonialism and apartheid didn't educate you that they are racist, you failed history."

He also clarified that he supports mental health issues, and that he is "in no way ... insensitive to suicide."

"Unfortunately my family has suffered the pain of losing someone to suicide. I never was interviewed by the Daily Mail and their story manipulated my words in a radio interview," Pierce said. "As I told Meghan, I support her and wish her all the best."

Photo may have been deleted

Instagram

A Nike executive abruptly resigned after the company learned her son is an online reseller who purchased $132,000 worth of Nike sneakers for resale online.

Ann Hebert's resignation is effective immediately, Nike announced on Monday. She served as the vice president and general manager of Nike's North American division.

Nike confirmed to FOX Business in a statement on Monday that "Ann Hebert made the decision to resign from Nike."

Her resignation comes six days after a Bloomberg report revealed her son, Joe Hebert's sneaker resale company, West Coast Streetwear.

The 19-year-old routinely posted photos of warehouses stacked to the ceiling with boxes of exclusive Yeezy Boosts and other hard-to-get sneakers on his Instagram page. His face was always obscured in the photos.

In one photo taken in 2019, he bragged about purchasing brand a new BMW M4 with the money he made selling Nike sneakers online.

He captioned the photo: "Thank you Kobe Bryant, Kanye West, and Nike for helping add to the M collection."

But all that bragging led to his mother's downfall when his identity was exposed.

According to Bloomberg, Joe used bots designed to fool sneaker supply companies in order to get his hands on hundreds of pairs of sneakers.

One scheme cost him $132,000, which he charged to his mother's corporate American Express card.

After selling all the sneakers, he earned a $20,000 profit, according to Bloomberg.

Joe told Bloomberg that he never received insider information from his mother, and he asked that her name not be mentioned in the article.

Sneaker collectors left angry comments under Joe's Instagram photos.

One IG usr wrote: "Nike really expect us to believe his mom didn't know what was going on?!?"

Another wrote: "Must be nice when your mom supplies you with everything."

And a third user wrote: "Must be so cool you cost your mom her job. She must be so proud of you."

According to Statista, in 2020, the total global sneakers market was valued at approximately $80 billion dollars.
 

Montinique Monroe/Getty Images

A Texas mayor who told city residents impacted by winter power outages that "no one owes you or your family anything" has resigned as mayor.

Colorado City Mayor Tim Boyd announced his resignation in a post on his Facebook page Tuesday. City manager David Hoover confirmed the resignation to NBC News.

Go Nakamura/Getty Images

In a since deleted Facebook post Tuesday morning, Boyd told residents to "sink or swim" and stop "looking for a damn handout."

"No one owes you or your family anything," he wrote, "nor is it the local governments responsibility to support you during trying times like this! Sink or swim, it's your choice!"

He continued: "The City and County, along with power providers or any other service owes you NOTHING! I'm sick and tired of people looking for a damn hand out!"

In his typo-filled post, Boyd reportedly told people to "step up" and come up with their own "game plan" to stay warm after the power was cut to over 4 million homes in Texas on Tuesday.

"If you don’t have electricity you step up and come up with a game plan to keep your family warm and safe. If you have no water you deal with out and think outside of the box to survive and supply water to your family," he continued. "If you were sitting at home in the cold because you have no power and are sitting there waiting for someone to come rescue you because your lazy is direct result of your raising! Only the strong will survive and the week will perish [sic]."

Boyd concluded the message by saying "Get off your ass and take care of your own family!", KTXS reports.

Hours later, Boyd posted a follow-up message announcing his resignation:

"I would never want to hurt the elderly or anyone that is in true need of help to be left to fend for themselves," he reportedly wrote. "I was only making the statement that those folks that are too lazy to get up and fend for themselves but are capable should not be dealt a handout."

Boyd added that his wife was laid off from her school job for defending him.

"The anger and harassment you have caused my wife and family is so undeserved.... my wife was laid off of her job based off the association people gave to her and the business she worked for. She’s a very good person and was only defending me! But her to have to get fired from her job over things I said out of context is so horrible [sic]."

Millions of Texans are still without water or electric as winter storms brought snow, ice and record low temperatures to the state.