Best Image / BACKGRID

The harassment lawsuit filed against Nicki Minaj by a New York woman has been dropped. TMZ reports that Jennifer Hough voluntarily dropped the lawsuit, but Nicki is planning to sue Hough for legal fees.

The lawsuit, filed in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York on August 13, 2021, claimed the rapper harassed and threatened Hough who accused Nicki's husband, Kenneth "Zoo" Petty, of sexual assault.

A source close to the case tells TMZ there was no financial settlement. Nicki's husband is still a defendant in the lawsuit.

Photo may have been deleted

TBI, Getty Images

"The case against Kenneth Petty is still ongoing. Stay tuned!" Hough's lawyer, Tyrone Blackburn, told PEOPLE.

Nicki's attorney, Judd Bernstein, tells TMZ Hough and her lawyers tried to shake Nicki down for some easy money.

An email Bernstein sent to Blackburn reads in part, "In my view, your conduct in pursuing this case against Nicki represents the worst of our legal system: bottom-feeding lawyers who pursue frivolous actions against a celebrity assuming that they will be paid off if they throw enough dirt."

Kenneth was convicted of rape in 1995, and he served time in prison. He must register as a sex offender whenever he moves to another state.

"I'm tired of being afraid," Hough said on The Real talk show. She said Nicki used her platform to intimidate and harass her and she was forced to move to multiple states to avoid the harassment.

BACKGRID

Orenthal James Simpson, nicknamed O.J., is a free man after he was discharged early from parole in Nevada. He is now free to roam the country and do whatever he pleases.

The former NFL legend was discharged from parole effective Dec. 6 -- two months early, a spokesperson for the Nevada Department of Public Safety confirmed to PEOPLE.
 
READ ALSO: Open Post: O.J. Simpson gets REJECTED by hot blonde
 
Simpson, 74, had been on parole since 2017 after serving 9 years for armed robbery and kidnapping.

Steve Marcus-Pool/Getty Images

"Mr. Simpson is a completely free man now," his Las Vegas attorney Malcolm LaVergne told the Associated Press.

It was not good news for the family of Ron Goldman.

The family filed a civil lawsuit against Simpson in 1995, following his acquittal on charges of killing his former wife Nicole Simpson and Goldman.

In 1997, a Santa Monica civil jury found Simpson unanimously liable for the wrongful death of Goldman and awarded plaintiff Fred Goldman (Goldman's father) $33,500,000 in damages.

In February 1999, an auction of Simpson's Heisman Trophy and other belongings netted almost $500,000 for the Goldman family.

Goldman also tried to attach Simpson's $28,000 per month pension, but a judge denied his motion.

Simpson is enjoying his retirement in a luxury $1.8 million, 5,000 square-foot mansion in Las Vegas.

Photo may have been deleted

Getty Images

CNBC host Jim Cramer has demanded the Biden administration call out the military to enforce vaccine mandates on all Americans.

Cramer, host of "Mad Money," said the President should impose his vaccine mandate on all Americans despite what federal judges have ruled.

Cramer's demands comes as Biden extended the deadline for federal workers and contractors to get the vaccines.

The deadline for federal employees to get vaccinated was set for December 8, however, Biden's mandate for federal workers and contractors is on hold for now.

Joe Biden made the announcement after federal judges in Kentucky, Ohio and Tennessee blocked his mandates for federal employees and health care workers.

Additionally, two federal judges in Louisiana and Missouri blocked Biden's mandates in dozens of states.

A lawsuit filed in Tennessee claims the mandate is "unlawful and unconstitutional," and argued Biden does not have the authority to make such requirements.

"This is not about vaccines, it's about the mandates," said Ohio's Republican Attorney General Dave Yost in a statement. "The judge's opinion clearly states that, and it has been our position all along that the president cannot impose these mandates on the people."

Nicky Nelson/WENN.com

Chris Tucker owes the Internal Revenue Service $9.6 million in back taxes. According to court documents obtained by ET, the comedian owes around $9.6 million in back taxes, penalties and interest.

The IRS filed a lawsuit against the 'Rush Hour' actor, alleging that he has ignored his debt to Uncle Sam, a crime punishable by prison time in the federal pen.

Guillermo Proano/WENN

According to the lawsuit, Tucker owes taxes related to unfiled returns dating back to 2002.

The court documents also state that Tucker, 50, defaulted on his debt three times by failing to pay monthly installment agreements.

The lawsuit alleges that in four separate years, Tucker under reported his income and paid significantly the IRS less than he actually owed.

The IRS states that the total owed could increase significantly, "Since the dates of assessment described above, interest, penalties, and statutory additions have accrued and will continue to accrue as provided by law."

Photo may have been deleted

YouTube / ABC News

An attorney representing Travis Scott claims the troubled rapper wasn't aware that people were dying as he performed at his Astroworld Festival in Houston.

Nine people died and hundreds were injured during a stampede at the music festival on Nov. 5. But Scott performed for another 40 minutes.

Attorney Edwin F. McPherson claims the rapper was unaware of the chaos and deaths until the next morning.

In an interview on ABC's Good Morning America on Friday, McPherson called the chaos a "systemic breakdown" and said people should wait for the investigation before "we start pointing fingers at anyone.".

Erika Goldring/WireImage

McPherson claims the rapper nor his crew were ever informed that officials declared the concert a mass casualty event.

"He's up there trying to perform. He does not have any ability to know what's going on down below," McPherson said. "Travis didn't really understand the full effect of everything until the next morning. Truly, he did not know what was going on."

When asked about Scott's history of inciting the crowd to violence, McPherson said the rapper did what any other performer has done.

Rick Kern/Getty Images

"Travis as an artist has really grown up a lot. I have spoken personally to him about this and he really didn't understand the magnitude of his power up on the stage as a young performer. He's really matured over the years."

So far, 150 lawsuits have been filed against Scott, Live Nation Entertainment, and NRG Park where the concert was held.

The festival was insured for $26 million, but wrongful death claims are expected to surpass $100 million.

Scott has earned around $65 million overall from the festival, according to reports.

Watch the interview below.
 

Photo may have been deleted

Dustin Hice, CNN

Don Lemon's rape accuser, Dustin Hice, reportedly turned down three settlement offers - including a recent offer of $500,000.

On Monday, Hice appeared on The Megyn Kelly Show where he claimed the openly ghey news anchor offered to pay him $500,000 to remain silent.

Hice claims he was groped by Lemon at Murf's Backstreet Tavern in July 2018. He filed a lawsuit against Lemon in a Suffolk County Court in 2019. The lawsuit is still pending.

Hice says he turned down the settlement offers because he's not after Lemon's money.

Instead, Hice wants peace and an admission of guilt or an apology after allegedly being violated by the CNN Newsroom Live host.

SBCH / BACKGRID

Hice stopped short of calling Lemon an unrepentant narcissist who drunkenly fondles men in bars.

"This isn't about me trying to get money... At this point, I just want my life back. I don't see any kind of settlement happening without an admission of guilt or an apology, but I seriously doubt with his ego and pride that's going to happen."

The 55-year-old news anchor has vigorously denied the allegations.

Photo may have been deleted

YouTube

Drake apparently ignored the advice of his counsel and is speaking out about the tragic deaths during Travis Scott's Astroworld Festival.

In a post on his Instagram page on Tuesday, Drake called the stampede that resulted in 8 deaths a "devastating tragedy."

"I hate resorting to this platform to express an emotion as delicate as grief but this is where I find myself. My heart is broken for the families and friends of those who lost their lives and for anyone who is suffering."

The Emo rapper added:

"I will continue to pray for all of them, and will be of service in any way I can. May God be with you all."

Photo may have been deleted

YouTube

Travis Scott faces lawsuits from injured victims and families of deceased fans. Drake is also named in at least one lawsuit for "inciting the crowd."

Drake was a special guest at the concert and was not a scheduled act.

WENN/Avalon

The show will not go on for Travis Scott. Sources say the embattled rapper was dropped as headliner of the upcoming Day N Vegas music festival.

The troubled rapper faces lawsuits and allegations that he put his fans' lives in danger by allegedly encouraging them to sneak into his Astroworld Festival in Houston on Friday.

8 people died and hundreds more were injured during a stampede and rumors of fentanyl overdoses in the crowd.

Rick Kern/Getty Images

Scott was scheduled to headline the Day N Vegas festival on Saturday, Nov. 13, but a source says he was asked to withdraw. Other festivals are also contacting Scott's team to express their concerns.

"What music festival wants that kind of publicity?," the source said.

Other sources claim he cancelled because he was "too distraught to play."

On Sunday, the first lawsuit was filed against the rapper, his management, a concert promoter, and NRG Park where the festival was held.

Concertgoer Kristian Paredes says he was "seriously injured during the stampede and crowd surge on Friday.

He is asking for $1 million in damages.

Meanwhile, Scott has offered to refund all tickets to the 2-day Astroworld Festival. Day 2, scheduled for Saturday, Nov. 6, was canceled following the disaster.

Photo may have been deleted

Instagram

Offset found out the hard way that he can't lose a whole Bentley and expect insurance to cover the loss.

The Migos rapper has been ordered to pay $950,000 in a lawsuit over the missing Bentley.

Platinum Transportation Group in Los Angeles filed a lawsuit against the Georgia native over the luxury motor car, which he rented last year and never returned.

According to legal documents, PTG executives claim they drew up a contract with Offset in May and rented him a 2020 Bentley Bentayga for a couple of days. At his request, the term was extended until late July.

But early that month, Offset, 29, told PTG he didn't know where the car was. He suggested it might have been stolen and he stopped making the rental payments after his lease was up on July 25.

According to WENN.com, company bosses claim Offset failed to return the vehicle, and they filed a police report.

Now, a judge has signed off on damages of $950,027.35, and ordered the rapper to pay up. A default usually means the defendant didn't respond to the lawsuit or failed to show up to challenge the case in court.

Photo may have been deleted

Instagram

Meanwhile, Offset's wife Cardi B shared photos of the couple's new mansion in New York City.

The 29-year-old Grammy winner shared a photo of herself standing in the expansive foyer with a double grand staircase behind her.

She celebrated finally having a house of her own in her "home city" of New York.

"These days I don't just live one place, I'm everywhere due to my work," she explained in the photo caption.

"One thing for sure I needed a home in my home city of NY! I'm soo proud of myself. I work so hard for my children to be comfortable everywhere they are regardless of work...

"Me and my husband have always dreamed of having a crib in NY, and we have decided to add to our portfolio of homes, along with Atlanta and LA."

AFP via Getty Images

45 Republicans signed a letter to the Biden administration condoning the "disastrous" payouts reportedly under consideration for illegal immigrants separated at the U.S. border.

According to The Wall Street Journal, the Biden administration is considering paying $450,000 per person to illegals who were separated from their children under the Trump administration's "zero tolerance" policy in 2018.

Some families could potentially receive up to $1 million.

In the letter sent to Department of Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas, and other agency heads on Friday, the House Republicans slammed the "egregious abuse of taxpayer dollars is to compensate these persons for 'lasting psychological trauma.'"

"The rationale for this egregious abuse of taxpayer dollars is to compensate these persons for 'lasting psychological trauma.' Do, however, note that these persons crossed into our country in a knowingly illegal manner, fully aware of the consequences of violating our rule of law."

Rep. Doug Lamborn (R-Colo.) tweeted:

"Joe Biden gave Americans a $1300 check but wants to give illegal immigrants $450,000, which is more than the 9/11 victims compensation fund. Amidst rising inflation, this is how he wants to spend your money. Priorities."

Meanwhile, some Black Americans were in denial, refusing to believe the Wall Street Journal's report. Then, as reality sunk in, they ranted and raved -- at former President Donald Trump.