Amber Rose, Before She Was Black

I noticed a comment in my comments section about the racial background of Kanye West’s lesbian beard, Amber Rose.

One of my readers mentioned that Amber was white. I think she wrote something like “there’s no part of Amber that’s black.” And she is correct. Except that Amber is now passing herself off as a light skinned black woman because she’s with Kanye. Here are some photos of Amber from her days before she was black.

51 Responses to “Amber Rose, Before She Was Black”

iyonah says:

Great job on filing this under Nobody Cares!! She has a great face as a bald woman … no debating that part, I could care less bout her ethnicity.

Kat says:

amber rose is smokin!!

iscream says:

Wow. Never knew hair could make THAT much of a difference.

It can make a white girl now pass for black. I wonder if that role can be reversed. It would sure help people with the color complex they carry.

spongebobfan says:

im not saying she is or isnt black, but these photos arent confirming anything…. clearly shes not fully black, but she does look mixed to some capacity,

miamore73 says:

I still think she looks Mariah Carey mixed.

isc: Absolutely the role can be reversed. Black folks have been passing since slavery.

yvonne79 says:

Why does that 2nd picture remind me of Julia Roberts in “Pretty Woman”? Oh well, I could care less if she’s black, white, Italian, etc. As you were :coffee:

spongebobfan says:

ok just found out , shes itailan and Cape Verdean and people from cape verdean are mixed themselves with african and european…..whats the beef with amber anyway…

spongebobfan says:

i to this day dont think mariah carey has a drop of black blood in her lol

Daisy says:

Well somebody needs to tell Amber she is white cause she says she is black and white :shrug:

She doesn’t even look white in these pics lol

musicluvher says:

LOL at this topic!!!

Daisy says:

@sponge you need to see a pic of MC with her black daddy and when she was younger she really looked like a lil light skin black girl lol

ELove says:

^^^
    I’ve SEEN those pics… YOU’RE Right :lol:

miamore73 says:

yup. Just googled “Mariah Carey with her dad”. Use those words. I found a picture of her with her dad and her brother.

miamore73 says:

Also the website that it’s posted on also has a side by side of MJ and Blanket. Interesting shot right there.

Smokie says:

She looks mixed to me. Def not white. What are YOU seeing?

iscream says:

@ Mia true.. But I thought those were the mixed one :shrug:

isn’t it funny how back then blacks wanted to be white now you have others trying to pass for being black. :rofl: I love it.

buttercup24 says:

She looks mixed to me. She reminds me of Leona Lewis with the darker hair.

LovelyLady says:

All this over Amber race….. :rofl: , are you serioous this isnt even worthy of a post. Who care what color she is, would it truly make a difference.

SHANIASMOMMA says:

@ daisy , stop it !…girl in not one interview has she ever state she was black …she has always stated she was : italian & cape verdean

miamore73 says:

Oh because we all care. We’ve been taught to care for generations. I don’t know why but I care. I find other cultures interesting. I find it interesting when people are mixed and have “identity issues”. I find it interesting to know how so many other people all over the world are black but considered different or something other than black because of the country they live in. I think race and culture is an interesting thing.

miamore73 says:

how the heck can you be a place??

miamore73 says:

Hi I’m black and Los Angeles.

Daisy says:

@Mia thank you and I know what I heard her say in the interview I listened to that another site posted on her. I talked bout how she sounded like a valley air head girl cause I had been waiting to hear how she sounded.

intensemocha says:

PEOPLE ARE ASSUMING SHE’S BLACK, I DON’T RECALL HER REFERRING TO HERSELF AS BLACK

Hermosa says:

so bc shes with kanye., then she thinks shes blk?

did j lo think she was blk when she went out diddy?

what about ellen pompeo? does she think shes blk cuz her hubby is bllk?

or lets switch it up…did mariah carey think she was mexican when she went out with Luis Miguel?

do naomi campbells boyfriends think theyre blk bc she is?

i mean really?

Negrito says:

Well, this is what she said in a recent interview:

Did you always have an eclectic style growing up?

Amber Rose: “Yea, I always looked up to Slash from Guns N’ Roses. I had every single poster of Slash in my room. It was crazy because I grew up in an all-black neighborhood and everybody I went to school with was black. I was the only biracial looking girl in my school, and Slash was biracial too, he was just a ****ing rock star. I always wanted to play the guitar. I’ve tried, but other things came up”

aMochaBabe says:

This makes no sense.

“Passing herself off as Black to be with Kanye”…wtf.

Black men love White women so she would not have to try to be one of us to be accepted by Kanye or almost any other brother for that matter.

Now if she wants to be black for whatever her reasons, that’s one thing but to be with a black man? I think not.

Daisy says:

@Negrito :clap:

@Shaina POW! :wink:

mizzdallas says:

This stank heffa doesNOT deserve her own post….. Sandra you are slipping I mean seriously honey!

attorneymom says:

Now, I am confused. SMDH

Yanaja says:

Hermosa Says:

[yes she did actually…she started saying that her “real” last name was Nunez and that’s what she wanted to be called…Mariah Nunez…]

i mean really?
    [but I do understand the point you were trying to make and I fully agree]

bklynchick says:

Amber must been doing something right by being with kanye cause the blogs be sweating her hard for real
    ;-D

Hermosa says:

Cape Verde is an African nation.

How do we know that her mother isnt blk or even mulatto? We are just going off her looks.

@vanaja

I remeber that. i was like bitch please. how come we never heard this when u first came out? gtfoh with your nunez lookin a$$.

LMAO

crystal says:

can you say “Imitation of Life” great movie for those who never seen it.

aqtpie says:

She does look mixed with something in those photos to me!

Kat says:

^^
    that is because amber rose is hot! her body is fiyah and i digs her style.

sandra is just a :hater:

Daisy says:

@crystal Imatation of Life is my FAV movie!

pinky2083 says:

I’ve always thought the chick was white..

pinky2083 says:

What’s up with that curly, shiny azz weave she got in her head?

miamore73 says:

I was the only biracial looking girl in my school, and Slash was biracial too,

I like how she’s saying it but taking it back at the same time. Biracial looking and Slash was biracial too. Personally she sounds confused about the whole damn thing to me.

Imitation of Life was one of the best movies ever. My mother told me when they made the movie there was some issues because they didn’t cast a black women in the starring role. Another tidbit is that the Imitation of Life of the 50’s or 60’s is actually a remake of one from the 30’s or 40’s. Man O Man. The 30/40’s version is so dayum offensive it’s hilarious. Like back then they didn’t give a dayum if they were offending us at all. Also the starring role was giving to a black women in the original version. A Must See!!

kwallace577 says:

okay i had to dig a little about my girl mimi. here is what i found…

Her paternal Venezuelan grandfather’s name was Francisco Nuñez. He changed his last name Nuñez to Carey after moving to New York City; he hoped an American name would help him make a good life in the US. Francisco’s mother Margarita Nuñez was with a man named Carey, but they were not married.

kwallace577 says:

and this post is about amber…not mimi…and in amber’s defense i think even if she was purple nobody…especially MEN…wld deny she is hawt. just like when sandra said her feet were ugly and i asked my husband….and he responded with…”she has FEET?”

i think this is another example. i think if she was covered in purple paint men would say…”she’s purple?” as in…WHO CARES? she still hot to death.

miamore73 says:

and he responded with…”she has FEET?”

dblaq says:

Ok so because Michelle is Black, does Barack think he is black too? I thought he was white?

Negrito says:

More than 90% of the cape verde population are of african descent blacks and mulattos, so yeah I’m pretty sure she’s mixed with black. Her mom is probably a mulata.

miamore73 says:

Negrito

What’s a mulata?? Is there a difference when saying mulatto like when speaking in spanish?

Hermosa says:

@miamore73

Mulatta is the spanish femine term for mulatto.

crystal says:

Daisy Says:

@crystal Imatation of Life is my FAV movie!

Lora Meredith (Turner), a white widowed single mother with dreams of becoming a famous actress, takes in Annie Johnson (Moore), a black widowed single mother who becomes a nanny for Lora’s daughter Suzie (Dee). Although Lora eventually becomes a successful stage and screen star, she sacrifices a healthy relationship with her daughter. In addition, Annie’s light-complexioned daughter Sarah Jane (Kohner) causes her mother much pain and heartache as she attempts to pass for white and shuns both her heritage and her mother’s love.

KaraZ says:

If she’s cape verdean, she is black… I don’t know why so many Cape Verdeans stay denying their blackness, just because some Portuguese sailors screwed their grandmothers.

2 Pingbacks

[…] Check out Amber Rose sporting the early Mariah Carey look back in the day…..  See more throwback pics of Amber HERE. […]

[…] TO SEE MORE AMBER ROSE PICS W/ HAIR ==> [CLICK HERE] […]