Destiny’s Child To Reunite Again (Yawn)

I guess this is the biggest news on the urban blogs today. For certain it is a momentous occasion on Your Beyonce Fetish blog. Excuse me one moment while I :yawn:

What does this make, the 15th time this old school group has broken up and gotten back together now?

From ContactMusic:

Destiny’s Child are reuniting.

The sexy R’n’B trio – consisting of Beyonce Knowles, Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams – are planning to get back together in 2010. Michelle told Britain’s News of the World newspaper: “It definitely will happen. We’re sisters, we love each other and we want to work on the future of Destiny’s Child.”

The ‘Survivor’ hitmakers split in 2005 to pursue solo careers. Rumours they were reforming began circulating earlier this month, when it was revealed they were contractually obliged to produce another album. A source said: “They still have another album they owe their label, Columbia Records, on their contract.”

The trio will reportedly head back into the studio to record their new album when ‘Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)’ singer Beyonce finishes her current tour to promote her latest solo album ‘I Am: Sasha Fierce’.

Thanks to loyal reader G. Brown for the tip!

29 Responses to “Destiny’s Child To Reunite Again (Yawn)”

Anna says:

It’s gotta be hard for Michelle and Kelly to find their place when they keep “crutching” on DC. I think that if they were not still under contract this would not be happening.

LadyJustice says:

I over “them” they need to just stay solo artists. should have never broken up to begin with

KaraZ says:

Michelle is the only one who looks alright in this picture, Sandra why couldn’t you just use an okay picture?

ELove says:

Triple :yawn:
    And for the RECORD:
    This line-up isn’t EVEN the original Destiny’s Child :shrug:
    FAIL IN VAIN !!!!!

LadyJustice says:

yes Elove… AN ORIGINAL destiny child reunion would be cool… other than that… :yawn:

mizzdallas says:

I agree I would love to see the orginal line-up “letoya” & “Latavia” my fav 2 ex-memebers… other then that who cares….

iscream says:

:cheer: I love DC & DC3 I think Beyonce is her best when with the girls (personality wise). Bey is really the hardest working woman in the industry.

I hope they make some more Anthems this go round. Shoot I hope this rumor is true. :dance:

Daisy says:

Although not the biggest Beyaki/Beyawnce solo fan I LOVE LOVE LOVE DC! Have all their cds! I think when they “broke up” they said they had one cd left on the label (I am sure a stan will correct me) I agree with Isc I hope this rumor is true!

browni007 says:

Silly question was dream girls based on DC and DC3 – lol sorry

toosexy says:

@anne I agree..it’s only for that contract..it doesn’t seem like kelly and beyonce are still hanging that close…dang if they aren’t ..i know that’s gonna be a stressful situation.. I wish kelly the best… i really do.

jazi65 says:

Kelly is finally getting the props she deserves overseas…why go bk into a group where management only cared about one person’s career? Keep doin u Kelly!

Krysi J says:

Kelly shouldn’t want nothing to do with that and Michelle either…….who is the default manager of Destiny’s Child, I hope not Matthew KNOWLES!!

I guess Kelly won’t be singing solo on this album

mizzdallas says:

@jazi

your comment “where management only cared about one person’s career? ” brought up an interesting question…?

I know that kelly drop her daddy I meant to say Matthew as her manager so if she is getting back in the group would he still manage the group.

mizzdallas says:

okay well krysi just read my post before I commented! lol!

Charles says:

Lmfao the original dc were hoodrat flops thank god latavia and latoya got kicked out

SunnyPA says:

There’s no hope for Kelly Rowland if she goes back into that mess. If she’s ever going to be truly successful, she’s got to stand on her own. Otherwise, she’ll always be just a back-up to Beyonce.

Maybe that’s what papa knowles is trying to do because Kelly looked like she was moving forward.

ELove says:

The FIRST DC album sold over 4 million copies
    The 2nd DC album sold over 10 million copies

Now WHAT EXACTLY were you saying again !!!!!

Krysi J says:

okay well krysi just read my post before I commented! lol!
    —————————————————–

cuz you know for some odd reason we’ve been >>>here<<<< on some subjects lately.

And whats ironic is what Kelly did was basically the reason why Latoya and Latavia got kicked out and currently BLACKBALLED in the first place. ANd in my opinion Kelly ain no different if she had to go all the way overseas to get work after she dropped ya boy!

Charles says:

@18

Lmfao so the sales went up 6 mill after they booted the hoodrats??

My point has been proven!

ELove says:

The TRIO DC didn’t record an album until the 3rd album …
    NOW what EXACTLY were you saying AGAIN !!!!!

Krysi J says:

:rofl: at ELOVE!

checkmate

2thick4u says:

Well I really can’t wait to see this happen :) !!!

Charles says:

Sis dc sold 50 mill

Lets do the math

50 – 14 = 36

Point proven
    Check and mate

Dc3 >>> your life

Krysi J says:

:shrugs:

um Charles you usually have something witty to say, but I have to admit the response didn’t go platinum……infact it probably sold about 12k in the states…..maybe you should take your act overseas!….just a suggestion, you know we’d hate to see ya go, but LOVE to know you LEFT.

pinky2083 says:

OH EM GEE!! DC Fanatic!! I cannot wait for the album. I damn near cried when I went to their last concert as a group. I have been a fan for real, since day one. :)

miamore73 says:

Bey did fantastic with her first solo album but anything after that has been mediocre. I think she may have been making more money with the group. We know they were. I think they should try one album as a group if it doesn’t fly for them again let it go. I have to say I’m truly sick of Bey and Rhianna.

aqtpie says:

Good!!!! I don’t have anything with them apart but I do have the last CD they made together! I also believe they have to do one more cd together per contract.

bklynchick says: