JD, Nelly and Others Stand Up for Atlanta Flood Victims

Not to be outdone by rappers T.I. (who is currently serving time in an Arkansas prison) and Ludacris who each donated $10,000 cash out of their own wallets for flood relief, rappers JD and Nelly plan to get other celebs to donate to flood victims.

Jermaine Dupri, Nelly, & V-103 join forces for a charity celebrity bowling tournament entitled, Atlanta Stand-Up. JD and Nelly have invited all their celebrity friends to come out and bowl (and hopefully open their wallets) tomorrow night (10/1) at Red Carpet Lanes located at 4500 Satellite Blvd., Duluth, GA 30096.

Expected celebrity guests include: Big Boi, Bryan-Michael Cox, Zaytoven, Devyne Stephens, Polow Da Don, Lil’ Ronnie, Nitti, Mike Bigga (formerly Killer Mike), Sammie, Rozelle, NBA superstar Derric Anderson, Grand Hustle Records and many more celebrities, athletes and entertainment professionals.

Doors open at 8PM, and of course the Red Carpet begins at 9PM.

Source: Tamiko Hope | Word Ink

42 Responses to “JD, Nelly and Others Stand Up for Atlanta Flood Victims”

iscream says:

I’m sure East (yep yep) will be there to give us a full report.

Peachizz says:

While it’s more then I have in my wallet*,$10,000 is a slap in the face to the good people of ATL. Who have supported these rappers… I would have like to see them given more… But maybe it’s that it’s tough times.. ya think?

LadyJustice says:

i wanna go just to see nelly.

Charles says:

Girl 10k aint **** these ignorant monkeys spend more in shoes a year how about they dig and spend more, this why I don’t buy none of they records

And sandra zaytoven is not a cdelebrity

Daisy says:

Dang that’s a good 45 mins if not longer for me otherwise I would go to be nosey n I need my hair did lol

melinla says:

It must be nice – when I want to get my friends together we usually have to plan AT LEAST 3 weeks in advance so that schedules will permit, children are stashed away, funds are right… Sorry family – I’m feeling like a hater today….no more comments from me today…

LadyJustice says:

TI AND LUDA donated $10,000 not them. but still its better than nothing at all.

Charles Says:

And sandra zaytoven is not a cdelebrity

***********************************************

What is it then?

LovelyLady says:

Charles take down that damn picture :rofl:

Anna says:

Maybe their 10k was a start for other celebs to match it. I think what they are doing is great. One thing I know about black folks is we know how to stick together in a crisis.

eastpointvet says:

lol naw scream thats 2 far dont like drinking and having to drive clear across town thats why i dont do velvet that often. but charles they dont have to give a dime its better than nothing at all

aqtpie says:

$10,000.00 may not seem that much but A LOT of rappers have foundations and donate year round. For instance TI has his foundation, does the back to school, x-mas- toy drive, thanksgiving and x-mas dinner etc… Luda just gave away 20 cars earlier this month and has his foundation, same thing with Nelly and others.

iscream says:

Wait ATL HW isn’t throwing a party to raise money. Them chicks throw a party when someone gets their period.

Of all the celeb’s that have come out of the A why is Nelly from the Lou repping for them. (Not that its a bad thing. But come on)

They must not be giving any food out cause I didn’t see jazzyphatass name on the list. Where is Usher, no old maids in the house for him to bag.

TLC
    Lil John
    Ying Yang Twins.
    C-error Oh yeah I forgot Ms. Hollywood.

Daisy says:

Ice Nelly is a part of the Oceans crew that would be why

I see you Nelly looking to good :heart:

SunnyPA says:

It would be nice if that Baby rapper guy would buy a million dollar watch for Atlanta.

They could raise millions if they pawn some of their bling-bling … (did I just say “bling-bling”?!?!) lol

keely107 says:

“not to be outdone”….Auntie, you are officailly a mess!

Anyway, I think them donating 10k was great! This isnt the only tragedy going on here, and quite sure not the only one that the above have donated to, so Kudos to them! AND as far as donating goes, why do all the ATL artists have to be highlighted in the media? EVERYBODY gave to Katrina, so if you from ATL or MINN and GOT IT, you should give!

yvonne79 says:

Who is…. :coffee:

Zaytoven
    Lil’ Ronnie
    Nitti
    Rozelle

If this was answered in the comments, I apologize in advance

keely107 says:

WHy is this YT baby posted as my gravatar?

Shauny says:

Charles you are truly a mess. Ignorant monkeys? Again, can you tell me the white artists from ATL that have given any money?

Charles says:

@8 @18

Zaytoven is a producer whose done worldwide #1 hits for diamond rasheeda etc…….
    Lil roonie is umm ???
    Nitti ???
    Rozelle ???

They are all “celebrities” ????

Its pretty bad when u google and nothing pops up. Every celeb has a wiki page, where r they??

ELove says:

Derek Anderson ISN’T a NBA Superstar… BUT he IS PAID though

Daisy says:

I think Nitti is a producer I think Young Joc says Nitti on the beat in one of his songs lol

Some ppl do NOT broadcast their donations and after reading some of these comments I see why.

eastpointvet says:

yeah nitti is a producer

goat76 says:

Some of ya’ll need help….SMH

ELove says:

Uh Nitti WILL TELL you that …

My Name is NITTI BISH !!! — HIS words (Not Mine) :lol:

goat76 says:

How about some of the insurance companies help the people out…..regardless if they have flood insurance or not…some people probably been paying on a policy for 30 yrs without a single claim filed(where all that money at right now, probably in some CEO’s beach or lake house)….ya’ll depend to much on celebs and rappers these days…..evident from yesterday’s Jay-z post……

Daisy says:

PREACH GOAT :clap:

Charles Says:

Zaytoven is a producer whose done worldwide #1 hits for diamond rasheeda etc…….

**********************************************

I guess anybody can be a producer these days. I asked Diamond to let me produce a track for her. She said she’d get back to me on that. I’m still waiting.

mizzdallas says:

skdfadkfjkal;jg;kja;kjfdkalja;klgjkaj;klfdjkal;fjda;klfjkafjkajadjfkfkajfkghajgh;gjaklgjksdfjkasjfaksfjak;hfadsjhajghajdfa;

@Goat N charles ROTFLRLMAO at your comments #21 & #25

RachelRachel says:

Once you’ve made it big or to the top, sort-ta-speak, it is only Intelligent that you help out those less fortunate. Those of our people, like Lil Wayne & his daddi, JayZ & Beyonce, the Jackson, all of the Sport Players, Oprah, Quincy Jones, et cetera, are SUPPOSE to come together and built for their sisters and brothers. These people just mentioned and the likes of them, are the most selfish people that Nature has to offer, as well as the politians. These same people sport there wealth in all of our faces to see and think that they are not going to be held accountable??? Well, if I were Nature, I would show them something!!!! In this day and time, we as a people, should be standing on our own. We should be buying and renting our homes from JayZ Realty, Beyonce Real Estate Firm and Oprah Housing Affair! But, oh no, they can only think inside the box instead of outside of it. Shame on them!!!

RachelRachel says:

Again, I will say, people with lots of loot, should be ashamed of themselves for being so damn Greedy. Donating $10,000 is like a drop in the bucket. Shame shame shame!

Daisy says:

Rachel are you NEW? I asked in another post? If so WELCOME

RachelRachel says:

Build Real-Estate Housing for your people and put your name on it. Lets give each other employment for a real and needed change. Come on Lil Kim and Lil Wayne. Can I hear an Amen?

goat76 says:

@Rachel….Why do you think Celebs and Athletes should pay up……These victims INSURANCE COMPANIES should step up and do the right thing for their customers who helped them get rich….regardless if they have flood insurance or not…Read post #27…….We don’t know who donated what….Bill Gates ain’t listed dont see nobody bashing him…but for all we know he may have donated……Just be Thankful to those willing to give…….It’s plenty of buisness’s in ATL that can help…Home Depot, GA Power, Coca Cola, etc……and they may be helping but we may not know about it…..

RachelRachel says:

Hi Daisy! I’ve been reading SandraRose for quite sometime and Finally got on in here. (Thanks, Sandra!). I ain’t new to whats going on in the world, but the looks of some of these posts here, seems like they are new to the world! For instance, goat76 says, ‘INSURANCE COMPANIES’ should step up and do the right thing…….Now goat76, “for real????” You mean to tell me that you really think that these INSURANCE COMPANIES give a hoot about our plight?? Come on goat, Ima put you on a boat outtahere! Nobody is going to Care about us except Us. Please stop looking towards whitey for a hand-out. And even if they do extend their ‘dirty-hands’, it’ll be a “”"”PRICE”"”" TO PAY LATER. goat76, where You been??? Hi Daisy..smiling.

RachelRachel says:

Daisy, truly, this baby avatar DOES NOT represent Me at all. Ima do something about it when I get a chance.

Peachizz says:

Lawd it just dawn on me alot of ppl relocated to ATL from New Orleans.. (the water follows them everywhere)

goat76 says:

@Rachel….listen to your self….why are you expecting rappers and actors, celebs to help…..for all we know half the people effected by the floods may have never supported JD, Nelly, TI, Oprah, etc……but many of those had some type of insurance, may not be flood Insurance, but still…but you trying to Sh1t on the 10,000 dollars that came out of there pockets…..Some people are just ungrateful……I know the Insurance companies ain’t gonna do that….They didn’t do it for the people during Hurricane Katrina that had flood insurance……….Sorry you missed my point….

Shauny says:

@goat, like I said I agree with what you say 99% of the time. This is one of those times. :preach:

2thick4u says:

I LOVE Nelly…glad that they are raising money for Atlanta survivors :) !!!

Hope they raise lots of money :)

pointhimout says:

you already know my take on this; you the millionaire celebtrity just right a check for whatever amount your heart contends.