Monica hitting the gym and going on a diet to combat high blood pressure

From ContacMusic:

R&B singer Monica is hitting the gym and rethinking her diet after learning she suffers from high blood pressure.
The Boy Is Mine hitmaker admits she was stunned when her doctor had to prescribe her with medication to help combat the health concern and she is determined to change her lifestyle to bring her blood pressure down.

She tells Sister 2 Sister magazine, “It’s me now wanting to exercise and just learn to eat better; it’s not for vanity purposes. I’m changing my eating patterns. I was addicted to Lawry’s Seasoning Salt on my soul food – addicted to Old Boy seasoning. That stuff was killing me slowly. I ain’t even been around long enough yet!”

Monica confesses it will be a struggle to maintain a regular workout schedule but she has no choice if she wants to avoid following in her family history.

She adds, “I can’t stay in the gym. I’m going to have to though, because I just found out that I have high blood pressure. I’m 28 years old!

“And it’s hereditary; it’s on both sides (of my family). My mum has it, my grandmother had it, my father has it and diabetes, and his mother had both.”

18 Responses to “Monica hitting the gym and going on a diet to combat high blood pressure”

Krysi J says:

Monica I hope you don’t take this the right way, but…I don’t think you have much weight to spare….you should approach your eating habits instead…don’t deprive yourself, just eat healthier…you have to lay off the soul food. Power walking/treadmill/cycling/jogging…thats always good for the heart.

aqtpie says:

Way to go Monica!!

pinky2083 says:

She definitely does not need to loose any weight. I would hold off on the salt though, that’s a killer!

pinky2083 says:

Oops I meant lose.

i swear she doesnt need to loose any weight she is already tiny my gosh and pics and tv add weight look at her in that pic

aqtpie says:

I think she is talking about going on a diet to change the the things that she eats vs going a weight loss diet.

smiley says:

People can confused with the emaning of “diet” It’s what you eat on the every day basis not what you don’t eat.

smiley says:

oops meaning

intensemocha says:

HER HAIR IS FIERCE!

CHANGING HER DIET WILL HELP AND THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH EXCERSING BUT I HOPE SHE DOESN’T GET TOO EXTREME-SHE REALLY CAN’T AFFORD TO LOSE ANY WEIGHT, THAT WOULDN’T BE HEALTHY

GOOD MORNING BUSOM BUDDIES-SMOOCHES!

As long as she takes her pills and doesn’t overdo it with salt she will be just fine.

crystal says:

Monica i know the feeling! My mom almost killed me using Lawrys and all the colors of the goya seasoning to fry up some little whitings fish. She was on the phone with gurl and chile all the while shaking the bottles. I broke a little piece of the fish and in minutes my head was spining.

I don’t eat her cooking that much no more. All the women in our family inclulding me have high blood pressure. We got diagnosed after we had our babies but no complications during pregnancy like preclampsia or anything.

Dhoward1913 says:

I can underdtand the combating high blood pressure, and we all should be eating better, but Monica can’t afford to lose a pound.

2thick4u says:

She looks good…I hope that she can combat her high blood pressure healthy and safely :)

Charles says:

How about monica try to hit the studio and the charts and get some relevancy cuz who is the bitch now??

Divinebrown says:

:heart:

Divinebrown says:

:kiss:

miamore73 says:

So is there a way to avoid taking the medication and just eat well and work out. I was told last year that I have high blood pressure but I JUST DON’T WANT TO TAKE THE MEDICINE. It causes muscle spasms and Charlie likes to come and visit in the middle of the night.

1 Pingbacks