• crzasallgetout

10? Is Kelly in the background of that picture?

• Thetruth32

If she was going off that song on the video..... YEAH its OVER.. that was horrible

• http://snailmymail.com The Doll

I didn't know Solange had a career. I thought she just did whatever she wanted to keep herself busy, because she doesn't have to work for wages when she has a sister and brother-in-law that's multi-millionaires. :shrugs:

• http://twitter.com/Ms_Missy2791 missy

@craz-I read someone ask that question on another blog .. I dont know why i laughed :rofl:

• His_Mommy623

lawd...that close up pic of solange with her lil freedom fro is NOT working for me today

• http://createspace.com/3393054 iscream

Sounds like the OMG girls :|

Have you ever listened to the OMG girls? They will leave you saying Oh My Gosh as you walk away with a headache.

Sounding like a dog caught in a bear trap.

I took it as her meaning she is taking it back to the essence of when they were struggling, still on their grind & hungry.

• allwrightyden

• LeLe

Awww, Bey was an adorable little girl! Luv her! She almost looked the same with no make-up. You can tell she hasn't had all that facial surgery.

• CivilEngineer

Solange will find her way...believe that! She's not the best singer but she makes good music...music just doesn't sell anymore.

• http://twitter.com/Ms_Missy2791 missy

iscream says:

Sounds like the OMG girls :|

Sounding like a dog caught in a bear trap.

*dead* You caused me to spit on my screen ..... :rofl: :rofl: ....WHHHHYYYYYYY

• meanNsurly

Why would a grown woman be inspired by her 10-year-old sister singing off key?
    ------------------------
    DEAD :rofl:

• Mother Jefferson

:rofl: @ iscream

• http://twitter.com/Ms_Missy2791 missy

I like Solange but I don't know if she is gong to find her niche in the music world I think she should write music or try and produce.That is where the most money is any way ...

• http://chokolatemilk.blogspot.com Choco

@Civil
    You wanna know y music doesn't sell anymore becuz it replica's of the lastest so-called hot song that was just out which I don't consider music at all- I let my daughter listen to some Eurythmics and other oldie but goodies and she was like dannnng how come they don't make music like that anymore - everybody singing about blinging, banging, baddesh bish - bish lick this GTFOH! smh

• Tink Tink

Got DAMN Solange :hurl: the short cut aint working for you....Po lil Tink Tink

• Cinderella

@Civil, Solange can actually sing. I think her voice pretty and she can hit high notes. If anybody else was her big sister, she would have a career.

• http://chokolatemilk.blogspot.com Choco

Solo can sing but she doesn't possess the charm to win fans over so that DEAD!

• CivilEngineer

@Choco...there are artists out there that make good music (Sol-Angel was pretty good) but they don't get the exposure. Apparently all we want to listen to is dummed down shyt about stuff we will never obtain :shrug: Could be more of a reflection of radio trends than listeners...

• http://createspace.com/3393054 iscream

@Missy

Lmao @ ur Gravi. It reminds me of Smokey the crack head from the animated show The PJ's.

• KrayZKat

Choco says:

@Civil
    You wanna know y music doesn’t sell anymore becuz it replica’s of the lastest so-called hot song that was just out which I don’t consider music at all- I let my daughter listen to some Eurythmics and other oldie but goodies and she was like dannnng how come they don’t make music like that anymore – everybody singing about blinging, banging, baddesh bish – bish lick this GTFOH! smh
    ---------------------------------------------
    :cosign: - these young people today are discovering the beauty of old school music, and they are lovin it! The artists back in the day where true musicians that studied their craft, and they were great at it. I don't even listen to the garbage that I call today's "cookie cuter" sound that use sex to divert attention away from their lack of talent.

• KrayZKat

"cookie cutter"

• http://twitter.com/Ms_Missy2791 missy

@iscream- Oh yeah that is who the dude looks like for real... :rofl:

• meanNsurly

Tink Tink and Cinderella.....:cosign: She looked better with the longer hair! Solo has a I dont give a Fugg attitude and I like that about her. She can sing really well and write but she will always be in Beyonce shadow. She covered a Bjork song (I forgot the name of it) and she tore it up and this was live at some club in England. The Knowles offspring is talented....can't deny that!

• qtipthecat

CivilEngineer says:

Solange will find her way…believe that! She’s not the best singer but she makes good music…music just doesn’t sell anymore.

**************
    :cosign:
    People don't like good music anymore. That is why there are T-Pains in the music industry and he actually makes money.

• Val

Inspiration for her album?? :blink:

"WHAT U TALKIN BOUT WILLIS"

• militaryspouse1

Isn't she a DJ now?

• http://myspace.com/necee518 yvonne79

So missy...who dis dude wit da rollas :coffee:

• Daisy

:yawn:

• http://twitter.com/Ms_Missy2791 missy

T-pain can actually sing...a little I mean come on

Solo can't make it she is living in the shadow of her sisters dream.

The only younger sister who out sold her older sister was Ashley Simpson....There are a lot of singers that are under rated....

• mirsmommy

Ummmm, So-Long Face, can you get ya fro to an even length???? That ish is lookin a lil messy. :yes:

• KrayZKat

Why are so many of these great talents underrated? One singer who could blow was Shanice Wilson, yet she never got that much shine. Jill Scott also comes to mind. Why are they being overlooked?

• http://twitter.com/Ms_Missy2791 missy

@Yvonne- :rofl: Just some random dude... I found

• CivilEngineer

Young people (like I'm so old :lol: ) don't seem to want to hear music with a message. Just need something to beat their heads too and make the trunk of the car rattle off.

I know down here radio stations play the same nonsense over and over...thank God for iPod docks!!

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

KrazyKat says:

**********************************************

Because the wrong people are running the record labels and radio stations.

• http://chokolatemilk.blogspot.com Choco

@Krazy
    Yep cookie cutter sexist garbage-all the same hooks I don't listen to that crap and Sol-Angel was a good album but I decided to spend my $13.00 on an artist I actually like

• http://chokolatemilk.blogspot.com Choco

@Sandra
    Weren't some these the same folks from back in the day I remember LA Reid holding his reign down for sometime now-but he's been let go so who cares and I'm not a fan of LA REID either-and if they are making music for the children who still need their parents to buy said music somebody might wanna get RIGHT!

• KrayZKat

@Civil - very true. I don't even listen to the radio anymore. The last time I turned it on, I heard, "The Best I Ever Had" twice w/n two hours. I turned it off and haven't listen since.

• KrayZKat

KrazyKat says:

**********************************************

Because the wrong people are running the record labels and radio stations.
    ----------------------------------------------
    @Sandra - yeah, that makes a whole lotta sense to me. Someone needs to take the reigns again because they clearly dropped the ball.

• mirsmommy

KrayZKat says:

________________________________________________________________

Because they ain't walkin around half naked, and ain't suckin off the right people. :shrugs:

• KrayZKat

Choco says:

@Krazy
    Yep cookie cutter sexist garbage-all the same hooks I don’t listen to that crap and Sol-Angel was a good album but I decided to spend my $13.00 on an artist I actually like
    --------------------------------------
    Yep!!! I feel sorry for Solange because if she remains in the industry, she will forever be Beyonce's younger sister. Hopefully, she'll find something else so she can shine as well.

• D.Marie

Solange doesn't sell because.. Well nobody cares that's why

• OutsidetheBox

Cute. Love Bey and the Sol-Angel!

Solange is a great writer and artist. Cant wait for her new stuff. I really love "Why dont you love me?" and that has Solange all over it!

• http://chokolatemilk.blogspot.com Choco

I think Solo messed up when she did that interview was jumping the gun talking rude and ish to the interviewer and ended up with mud on her face cuz she responded to a question no one asked that was when Sol-Angel just came out---

• ohso

I LOVE Sol-Angel....That whole album rocked from beginning to end...I dont care what anyone says about it...fave lines: "And I'm sorry that this planet that I'm living on is quizzical. My lyrical ambitions sometimes don't ring a bell. I'm sorry if my visual don't line up with my feelings and my physical exhibit doesn't represent me well.." But i guess because she doesnt talk about smoking how big her arse is, how good her head is, or Gucci this Gucci that then she doesnt qualify as music huh :shrug:

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

iscream says:

***************************************************

That's exactly what I meant. :yes:

• Al-Ameera

His_Mommy623 says:

lawd…that close up pic of solange with her lil freedom fro is NOT working for me today
    *****************************
    Dead :rofl:

I know I may catch flack for this but to be honest, I think Solange is so much more artistic and talented than Bey.

I mean I’m not taking nothing from what Bey does cuz she is a hard worker but what she does is so cookie cutter or in-the-box for lack of a better way to put it. Her biggest hits were written by someone else, she has a choreographer, stylist etc. she is totally manufactured.

Solo on the other hand, writes her own music, produces, she said that she studies old performers and makes up her own dance moves in videos (yes I know they are limited) and generally picks her own wardrobe (Ok, that may not be a good example) but they point I am making is I feel like she is a real artist and those are rare. There are a million good singers that can sing someone else’s hit.

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

Choco says:

Solo can sing but she doesn’t possess the charm to win fans over so that DEAD!

*************************************

True. Her facial affect is as flat as a rock even when she's smiling.

• OutsidetheBox

:yes: @OhSo...teens seem to love this album too... "God Given.." is one of my favs!!!!

"...in-the-box ..." I tried to tell Bey, :coffee:

• Al-Ameera

OTB school her!

God Given and TONY are some of my favorites. I like some other stuff by her too

• Al-Ameera

OTB school her!

God Given and TONY are some of my favorites. I like some other stuff by her too

• ohso

@OTB: Man that cd was bananas...but hey i'm the same chick who listens to Duffy, Corrine Bailey Rae, and Adele. So notably my musical taste is cut from a different cloth. I like music that i can feel in my heart...most just go for what sounds good in the club.

• OutsidetheBox

Al...I really think Solange is getting to Bey and Matty is getting away! She is changing...Bey doesnt respond to anything...it was always "What Daddy Says.." with her but now...something is amiss and I LOVE IT!!!

I just read a great interview with Melina...the director...crazy last name that escapes me right now.... ahhh... Melina MATSOUKAS!!! Google it. She gives some Bey enlightenment in regards to the WDYLM video...

"...She also kind of wanted to play off of everyone telling her to sit down and go have babies and be a housewife..."

• Krysi J

:rolleyes:

• PAHairston

Hello All. "Lil freedom fro" what a hoot! And the picture of Aretha? Shame, shame, shame, on Aretha!

• kdillon

All these musical acts should disappear and a whole new group should enter... no one is doing anything right now!

• http://www.ashland86.com TheRealAshland

Am I the only who caught that sly diss to the Omg girlz? Tiny isn't going to like this ms. rose

• M_promp2

.................I thought she just did whatever she wanted to keep herself busy, because she doesn’t have to work for wages when she has a sister and brother-in-law that’s multi-millionaires.
    I agree Doll
    Sandra that is no proof at all. You need more people honey.

• http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1335451522 therapist1911

Why the hell everytime I log on ths site the headline reads "(insert celebrity name) career is over"!
    Everytime I read this I feel its coming from a place of jealousy

I mean I don't like every artist out *cough* Gucci *cough* Waka Flaka* but I don't wish their career to be over.

Artist get inspiration from various places. Solange album was really good. And welll Beyonce has the midas touch.

• MUNCHOSGIRL

KrayZKat says:

--------------------------------------------------------------

THEY AREN'T UNDERRATED, IT TAKES MORE THAN JUST PUTTING A SONG OUT TO THE PUBLIC. THEY AREN'T OVERLOOKED EITHER, IF THE PUBLIC BOUGHT(PAY HARD COLD CASH) FOR MUSIC IT WOULD BE MORE SUPERSTARS. HAVING A STRONG FAN BASE HELPS, NOT THE TYPE OF FAN WHO CAN ONLY SHOOT OFF ON A INTERNET BLOG, BUT REALLY SUPPORT THE ARTIST. I LOVE JILL SCOTT, SOLANGE, CHRISETTE MICHELE, BEYONCE, MARY J AND SOME OTHERS, BUT THESE ARE THE FEW THAT I WOULD PAY FOR THEIR ALBUMS. I REMEMBER IN THE 90'S I MUST HAVE BOUGHT XSCAPE OFF THE HOOK AND KUT KLOSE SURRENDER CD ABOUT 5 TIMES, NO LIE, THAT WAS MY SHYT AND NICCAS KEPT STEALING THEM! NOW WE DON'T DO THAT WE GO AND BURN US A COPY OFF THE INTERNET! DON'T COUNT SOLANGE OUT, SHE CAN HIY NOTES HER SISTER CAN'T! EVERYONE IS NOT MEANT TO BE STARS!

• aqtpie

I think Solange has a nice voice.

• http://dahoneyhive.blogspot.com ryand91

Maybe she is saying the drive that Beyonce' and Kelly had at 10 inspire her to go hard for her album. Maybe you all read into that wrong.