In a strange twist of events, Staten Island police now say Leisa Jones, 33, may have used a straight edge razor to slit the throats of her three oldest children before setting her Port Richmond apartment ablaze early Thursday.

Police initially believed C.J. Jones, Leisa Jones' troubled 14-year-old son, slashed the throats of his two sisters - Brittany, 10, and Melony, 7 - before torching the second floor walk up and cutting his own throat.

But new evidence points to a different suspect -- the children's mother.

According to the NY Daily News, investigators are awaiting toxicology reports on 25 undigested pills found in C.J.'s stomach "to see if mom doped any of the kids to make it easier for her to slit their throats."

C.J. was kicked out of a nearby park for setting a fire on Thursday. And neighbors said they saw C.J. setting small fires in front of his apartment building in the hours before the 3 alarm blaze.

Still, investigators don't believe the teen's infatuation with fire is enough to explain the brutal mass murder, another source said.

"Cutting people's throats is usually something a psychotic grows into," the source said. "And so far no one has reported he tortured animals or other kids or his brothers and sisters - so it's a puzzle." [link]

The murder weapon was found under C.J.'s body where police originally believed he dropped it after slitting his throat. Fire fighters say C.J. was found in a back bedroom slumped over on a bed in a sort of "suicide hari kari" sitting position.

A charred "confession" note with the words "am sorry" was fused to a melted metal Butane lighter in the mother's bedroom.

Investigators have tentatively matched the handwriting on the note to samples of Leisa Jones' known penmanship. Leisa Jones' body was found "in a crawling position" in the living room not far from the bodies of her three youngest children. Police say her body was positioned as if she was trying to get away from an assailant or the fire.

Jones' 2-year-old son, Jermaine Sinclair, Jr. was the only child pulled out of the burning apartment alive. He was found near the front door where the fire had been set to prevent anyone from leaving or entering the apartment.

Jermaine later died at a hospital from smoke inhalation and third degree thermal burns. His body was so badly burned that fire fighters on the scene couldn't initially determine his gender.

• https://www.createspace.com/3393054 iscream

Wow my boyfriend said he didn't think this little boy killed his family. Now I'll have to hear the I told you so's :lol:

Thanks for the update Sandra. I guess he wasn't the social path you tried to paint him as. :coffee:

• https://www.createspace.com/3393054 iscream

*sociopath

• Ebony

WOW :(

• gypsyeyes

It sounds to me like the mom decided to take matters into her own hands because he was out of control. She probably feared that something like this would have broken her down eventually. I do however think that he may have done something and she took extreme measures to cover up what was done. There is a great possibility that the child has done some unthinkable things and she was at her breaking point. Now my theory is: He torched some things that night, neighbors complained as done many times before, can't physically harm/scare him to do the right thing because she has probably done so before and it never works, it's in his DNA to do harm to others and him self. I think that he was probably killed first,that leaves her as suspect #1,she's going to jail, who's gonna raise the other children and look what they would have to deal with, she kills them also, she ingested pills to take her own life because it is hard to slit your own throat and she set the fire to cover it all up. That is just my theory but we'll see what the final results are.

• https://www.createspace.com/3393054 iscream

Leisa Jones’ body was found “in a crawling position” in the living room not far from the bodies of her three youngest children. Police say her body was positioned as if she was trying to get away from an assailant or the fire.
    *****************************************************
    Maybe this was done by an outsider. :shrugs:

• gypsyeyes

I read that part of the article also but maybe she had second thoughts. I don't know what to make of this.

• TSRBenz

wtf i guess now i can stop being afraid that my 2 year old might hop out of his bed and kill

• TSRBenz

*me

• TSRBenz

@1 i know right damn she straight up painted him as this killer and how the school system failed him thats so sad

• aqtpie

This is just soooooooooo sad!!! May they all finally R.I.P.!!!

• militaryspouse1

Umm, wasnt Sandra going by what edia outlets reported? Its not like Sandra made it all up, and I still think it was a good story atleast for awareness because we do need to look out for certain signs in our children...JMO

• militaryspouse1

But anyway, its still a tragedy and may they all RIP

• http://lovingme782.wordpress.com Ms. Everything

I don't even know how to begin to process this. I just hope the police department and media doesn't release any more info on this case until they at least have an idea of what happened. I cant imagine what the family is going through

• Dawn

Yet another reminder of why we should believe in a higher power. The devil will forever be busy if we continue to allow him to use us!

• natrlbeauty08

I still think there's more to the story. Fires are usually set to hide a crime. If someone is committing murder and then suicide, then they don't really have anything to hide. Also, it doesn't make sense to write a suicide note and then burn it. I wouldn't be surprised if this involved someone else, possibly an ex.

Also, people were quick to write the young child off as a sociopath. I don't have enough info to say either way. It's possible and quite likely that he was acting out outside of his home because of what was happening inside of it. Kids show frustration in different ways and it is apparently very obvious that there were some distressing events at home.

• ELove

@militaryspouse1
    Be very careful WITH YOUR COMMENTS because you will be labeled A Sandra Rose AZZ-KISSER if it seems in the least that you are defending her IN ANY KIND OF WAY !!! :rofl:

• http://smokiesays.blogspot.com/ Smokie

I don't think the mother or son did it. Seems like an outsider.

• militaryspouse1

ELove says:

@militaryspouse1
    ________________________________________

LMAO, OK

• aqtpie

LOL @ ELove!!!
    Fires are usually set to hide a crime. If someone is committing murder and then suicide, then they don’t really have anything to hide.
    **************
    I said the exact thing.

• Issa

aqtpie says:

LOL @ ELove!!!
    **************
    I said the exact thing.

___________________________________________________
    Thank You. My thoughts exactly. I think there is much more to this story. If it was somebody from the outside, I hope justice is served. Sandra, keep us updated on this story.

• Anna

aqtpie says:

LOL @ ELove!!!
    **************
    I said the exact thing.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If ppl are not in the home it's usually "Arson" to get rid of a eye sore or for Insurance purposes. If ppl are in the home it's "Murder". If one in the home sets the fire it is a cover up for something. I E. not being able to pay the rent/mtg., someone in the household with money problems and decides they don't want to have anyone raise their kids, so they will all die together. Someone off their meds. It could be anything, but it is a cover up for something.

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

militaryspouse1 says:

-----------------------

Thank you for pointing that out.

• Al-Ameera

I always thought there was more to the story and I'm still not sure about this.

• starr2910

First time I read this story on yahoo, I didn' believe it was the son either. If it's her, such a selfish b.itch. It's not your kids fault you're a financial mess. No one sent her out, to breed all those children at such a young age. Now the autopsy is taking place, and soon we'll know who the last person to die was...

• militaryspouse1

militaryspouse1 says:

———————–

Thank you for pointing that out.
    _____________________________

No problem Sandra

• Kat

This is a shame. :pray:

• Shauny

I hope comment 16 wasn't in response to me comments in the JD threat post. If it made anyone feel some kind of way about it then that's on you :rolleyes:

Anyways, like I said when I first saw this story, I don't believe the son did it. I'll have to read it on other outlets to see if I believe the mother did it. Yes, Sandra got SOME info from media outlets BUT this story was still slanted to try to paint the son as the killer IMO

gypsy - WOW at #4, so the mom thught that killing the entire family because of the boys actions was the best option? That's some story

• Redeemed777

All I know is that it aint none of them resting in no peace right now.

• http://chokolatemilk.blogspot.com Choco

Gosh this is so heavy and upsetting I just wish they are free from pain and worry now!

• mirsmommy

I didn't believe that the son did it, either. I think an outsider did it.

Either way, it's a sad story. Those children didn't deserve to be killed.

• Milan Millian

Exactly, there is no national news coverage on this story. Good morning America is too busy featuring white kids that are kidnapped instead of this horrible story. Things like this we need to know. Had it not been for Sandra, I would NOT have heard about this story. It's a shame, why do Afican American tradgedies get NO or LITTLE news coverage?

• ricanlbc

WOW...I AM AT A LOSS FOR WORDS. I SEARCHED FOR THIS STORY ON CNN. TOOK ALMOST 2 WEEKS BEFORE THAT STORY AIRED ABOUT LATRICE RICHARDSON GOT ON CNN. HMM, WHAT WOULD MAKE HER DO THIS? REMINDS ME OF THAT STORY WITH JUVENILE'S DAUGHTER. WOW! WHY? WHY? WHY?

• militaryspouse1

Anyways, like I said when I first saw this story, I don’t believe the son did it. I’ll have to read it on other outlets to see if I believe the mother did it. Yes, Sandra got SOME info from media outlets BUT this story was still slanted to try to paint the son as the killer IMO

_____________________________________________________________

My point was it was still a great story to raise awareness. Everything she put in her posts really does happen in some of our children

• militaryspouse1

Milan Millian says:

Exactly, there is no national news coverage on this story. Good morning America is too busy featuring white kids that are kidnapped instead of this horrible story. Things like this we need to know. Had it not been for Sandra, I would NOT have heard about this story. It’s a shame, why do Afican American tradgedies get NO or LITTLE news coverage?
    ________________________________________________________

I said the same thing. Damn shame. I never could figure out how Nancy chose her stories either.

• Jessie

So Sandra, when do you apologize for blaming this kid for this crime. You jumped to conclusions and accused this kid of doing something he didn't do. Now you see why JD wants to kick you assets?