Kanye West and Jay Z accused of ticket price gouging

A few of our loyal readers are complaining bitterly about the cost of tickets to Kanye West and Jay Z’s ‘The Throne’ Tour. The tour kicks off at Philips Arena in Atlanta on October 29, and some fans say they can’t afford the outrageous prices that Live Nation is asking for tickets.

Loyal reader Maxie King writes:

The tickets for the Washington DC show are $265/Each in this economy? Talk about tending the throne, these two tired rappers are gouging the pubic, making Jay-Z and Kanye richer, but it won’t be me that’s for sure for two assholes. $265 is half of my car note, but they don’t care. Who do they think they are? Jay-Z’s rap is old and so is he, and Kanye is a Beyonce groupie. F-that Sandra. But the show will probably sell-out nonetheless

Rather than rely on reader quotes of tickets, we did our own checking. We learned that the cheapest ticket to ‘The Throne’ Tour at Philips is only $83. That’s not bad when you consider the magnitude of the talent onstage. I am speaking specifically of Kanye West, of course.

But people will still complain because the $83 tickets are in the nosebleed sections of the arena. The most expensive tickets will set you back $1,698 each for front row dead center. Then there are the luxury boxes which are going for $339 per ticket all the way up to $2,000!

There is also something called ‘The Throne’ VIP Package for $1,043, which includes a ticket in the first 15 rows of the floor. We don’t know about you, but paying a G to sit 15 rows back from the stage is not something we would even remotely consider.

Hopefully, our Def Jam connect won’t hook us up with any of those tickets — or our concert review the following day will not be pleasant.

71 Responses to “Kanye West and Jay Z accused of ticket price gouging”

@Sandra

____

:yes:

blashay says:

Glad you did your own research Sandra…tickets in DC are $165 (not sure where the additional $100 came from) and that’s about average for all shows that come here. Jill Scott’s here this weekend and the tix were just as much.

blashay says:

oh yeah, forgot to add…if the tix are too much, no need to complain to Sandra, just don’t buy ‘em

Daisy says:

I am glad tix for Jill Scott aren’t 165 in the A

Yeezy :yahoo:

If you can’t afford to go to the show then don’t go :shrug:

Mamacita says:

@Maxie

STFU! Judging from your email you don’t even like them so why the hell are you complaining about their ticket prices? You called them a*sholes, old, tired, etc. Sit yo a*s down _/

Redeemed777 says:

WORD FOR THE DAY:

PSALM 100:5

” For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.”

WUTWUZMISSIN! says:

:nono: I remeber when ticket use to be $25 dollars…front row! New Edition,Bobby Brown and Al B. Sure!!! :rofl: Oh to be 12 again…

Daisy says:

@mamacita Maxie can have a row of seats (not at the concert of course) :lol:

jazzyiest says:

Your loyal reader calls them tired rappers but was surely looking up ticket prices to the show. O-K :rolleyes:

Bitter much????

Tainted_Love says:

I can’t wait until they come to the A. I’m going to make sure I’m home from school that day!!!I’m in love with Ye’

Long Time Lurker says:

Yeah, the tickets prices are kinda high. But my son & I will be there (his bday gift). He’s a die hard Kanye fan and I like Hov’s old ass. So…. :shrugs:

But uhm….
    :offtopic: I find it funny how a new post popped up so quick when people started riding “Train :chickenhead: Station”

Tatted Diva AKA The Makeup Maven says:

Hell, if you can’t afford the tickets, then don’t go. It’s as simple as basic mathematics and budgeting your funds. I know I can’t afford that diamond face Movado that I’ve been eyeing for a few months now, so, I’m sticking to my trusted Tissot….half the price and just as Swiss! :rofl:

But ooooooh, Xmas time is rolling around! :yes:

Divinebrown says:

Those tickets are quite pricey!!!!!

way too damn much!!!!

@BLASHAY
    “Jill Scott’s here this weekend and the tix were just as much.”
    _____________________________________________________________________________

Now THAT’S goughing! Should be criminal. Who the hail is she performing with to ask for $165?? She must have some surprise guests coming on stage or something.

Tink Tink says:

Good Morning Sr. Fam…..man its been a while.

jazzyiest says:

@ Mamacita

We are >>>>>>>>>>>>HERE<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

And truth be told, yes the economy isn't at its greatest but there are people that can afford those tickets even in this economy.

Ump!!!! says:

SMH @ People, I dont care if you GOT it , really people, they will set you back 200.00 + and you clock in and out everyday at a 9-5, chile please I got it ,and will not give it to them, Some child needs some shoes, or Bookbag or clothes, I spen money on the needy not making the rich richer, and then we get mad at how they ttax are different from ours Con-ya and J-See chile BYE, Bey wont be getting another ROCK off me, BYE

Chit I was thinking the tickets was goin be $2g’s for nose bleed or something.

This complaining nigga sound broke to me. Like it’s Kanye fault you can’t swing that car note? :shrugs:

jazzyiest says:

@ Tatted

But ooooooh, Xmas time is rolling around!
    _________________________________________________________________________

Did I ever tell you I love you?!?! :ROFL: My thoughts exactly.

@LURKER
    “But uhm….
    ____________________________________________________________________________

I said the same thing dawg! You know a hit dog will holler.

Jay Bee says:

My people please to not buy into it.. if you attend you will have buyers remorse.. I hope our feeble minded ballers take heed, but im sure there will be morons that would fake the funk and purchase the tix and attend afterparties..Majority of them probably owe child support, fail to buy their kids school uniforms and/or put food on the table..talking to men and women whos living this life “ballling”

WUTWUZMISSIN! says:

Hey Tink Tink :heart:

Tatted Diva AKA The Makeup Maven says:

WUTWUZMISSIN! says:

I remeber when ticket use to be $25 dollars…front row! New Edition,Bobby Brown and Al B. Sure!!! Oh to be 12 again…
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Man, WUT, I remember I got the New Edition tape (YES I SAID IT, TAPE) for Xmas. I was happier than a PUNK IN BOYSTOWN! :yes:

jazzyiest says:

Like it’s Kanye fault you can’t swing that car note?

_________________________________________________________________________

:hahaha: :ROFL:

laykeya says:

I’m more concerned why this person’s car note is so damn expensive! Clean up your credit boo!

Divinebrown says:

Did anyone BUY THOSE PRE-SALE TICKETS??? It was my understanding that they weren’t even good seats. I think all the tickets drop the day of the album.

ATL will sell out an arena in 1 day!!!!!

mirsmommy says:

Tink Tink says:

Good Morning Sr. Fam…..man its been a while.

Heyyyy Tink Tink :waves: Where you been????

Tatted Diva AKA The Makeup Maven says:

@ Jazzy….HELL, IT’S THE TRUFF! People complain about prices but still go. Hell, food is high, but we still gotta eat! That’s a necessity! Going to the concert is a WANT! If you can’t go, don’t go!

I bet I’m getting my watch! :yes:

jazzyiest says:

@ Tink

Hey there hun!!!! I’m not use to your gravie being anything other than those robotic legs. I skipped right over you when you entered the room. LOL

mirsmommy says:

laykeya says:

:dead: & :ghost:

Tatted Diva AKA The Makeup Maven says:

OH BTW – I LOOOOVE you back, Jazz! :love:

PERFECTO says:

Rather take that kind of money and hold a contest for sandra rose sexiest female reader. (Get the slapping one them jokers if i catch em lip singing)

2know the ledge says:

If the tickets are too high just don’t buy them hell end of story. Would I pay to go to the show nope b/c kayne we cool and all but really are you worth the price of admission and jay really not worth it. the only albums i listen to of his is reasonable doubt and hard knock life and i can listen to those in the car for free.

Redeemed777 says:

WORD FOR THE DAY:

PSALM 100:5

:applause: :yes:

WUTWUZMISSIN! says:

Tatted Diva AKA The Makeup Maven says:

WUTWUZMISSIN! says:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ——————-
    Girl you was lucky… I had to buy a tape.. and put it in my tape recorder and hold it up to the radio… :rofl: Then my parents got a clue and bought me a BOOM BOX ALA Radio Raheema! You couldn’t tell me nothin with my All Day I Dream About Sex (Adidas) gear on and my door knocker earrings! WUUUTTT!

Mamacita says:

@Daisy :rofl:

@Jazzy Exactly! :yes:

jazzyiest says:

@ Tatted

Same shyt with gas. I get sick of hearing this gas is too high shyt. Nothing any of us say or do is going to change the price of it so build a bridge and get over it.

I’m quick to tell a mofo not to drive then since gas is so high. Just don’t go no da** where! Sit in your house, quit your job and just rot! I don’t do well with a lot of complaining.

mrsloveleigh says:

where do these stories come from? the cheapest ticket to that Washington show was $71 after tax. In Dallas it’s $62.50

MrUnapologetic says:

Look here – I live in NYC and the pricing for concerts at Madison Square Gardens is ALWAYS ridiculous. I’m talking taking a loan from your 401k just to finance two tickets (lol). Seriously… When Jill Scott and Maxwell were on tour for that brief minute they were asking for $200+ to sit at the back of the arena. You don’t want to know the prices of the floor seats. The nose-bleed seats were $100+. Yeah I love me some Jill Scott, but she or no one else is worth that type of money! In this particular instance I don’t even like Jay Z and as much as I like Kanye he’s not worth it. They both can go to hell with thier over-hyped pricing.

Tatted Diva AKA The Makeup Maven says:

@ Jazzy…I’m not a complainer either! If you can’t change it, then STFU! Lazy people complain! Active people DO!

My friend keeps talking about how it is expensive for her to feed her dayum kids, yet you got 4 of ‘em! QUIT HAVING CHILDREN THAT YOU CANNOT AFFORD TO TAKE CARE OF! That’s simple, common sense! Then look @ the government for some ADC, EBT, PRC & Section 8! THAT CHIT BURNS ME UP!

Daisy says:

@jazzy Yes, I need gas and I will complain abt these high azz gas prices till the day I die :mad: will it make them go down hell no but it makes me feel better :yes:

blashay says:

@Man Jill Scott is coming w/ Anthony Hamilton, Mint Condition, DJ Jazzy Jeff & Doug E. Fresh…my seats were kinda high but they’re on the floor, I’m sure there were less expensive options.

LaTechGrad02 says:

SMH at note from a loyal reader. If you drop half of a car payment on a concert ticket instead of paying your whole car note, it’s really not Ticketmaster’s fault. Live within reason so you can enjoy a few luxuries in life :shrug:

Tatted Diva AKA The Makeup Maven says:

WUTWUZMISSIN! says:

Tatted Diva AKA The Makeup Maven says:

WUTWUZMISSIN! says:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ——————-
    Girl you was lucky… I had to buy a tape.. and put it in my tape recorder and hold it up to the radio… Then my parents got a clue and bought me a BOOM BOX ALA Radio Raheema! You couldn’t tell me nothin with my All Day I Dream About Sex (Adidas) gear on and my door knocker earrings! WUUUTTT!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    LET ME FIRST START OUT BY SAYING THAT I’MMA HURT YOU & THOSE DAYUM GRAVI’S, WUT! :rofl:

NEXT, girl, who you talking too! I loved me some “Bamboo” Earrings, @ least 2 pair! Hell, when I got to High School, you couldn’t keep a bish out of Nike Cortez shoes & Guess & Venezia Jeans! Those were my JOINTS!
    :yes:

I ain’t gonna lie, I do miss the days when concert tickets were like $80 for front row…I do miss those days, I don’t care if it ages me….I used to go to every show that came in town because it wouldn’t break the bank that badly. Now, if I want to see someone in concert, I need to start saving my pennies MONTHS in advance BEFORE those suckas go on sale. I wanted to see Sade so bad, but I was not in the position to pay over $200 for a half-way decent seat. When folks got a mortgage and a family to support, just going out and buying those tickets all willy nilly is not that easy these days….which probably explains why I haven’t attended a major concert in YEARS.

Tatted Diva AKA The Makeup Maven says:

Daisy says:

@jazzy Yes, I need gas and I will complain abt these high azz gas prices till the day I die will it make them go down hell no but it makes me feel better
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    & I FEEL THAT TOO, Daisy. Nothing more better than “RELAX, RELATE & RELEASE SESSION!” :yes:

jazzyiest says:

@ Tatted

That’s right. :claps:

I’ve just never been a complainer. If I can’t change it I’ll either go with it OR figure out what I need to do within myself to be comfortable with it.

This seperates the winners from the losers. :yes:

jazzyiest says:

@ Daisy

Agreed! LOL I may have said, “Gas shole is high!” When the prices first got up there but I was just like whatev for the most part.

I understand frustration…just don’t understand full out complaining.

mrsloveleigh says:

I want to see Jill and Anthony but the show is outside and the cheapest seat is $75. Unless they release lawn seats or i win tickets i will not be going. i refuse to pay $75 to sweat. if it was inside maybe. I have never paid big money for a show but i always go and get a good seat

mrsloveleigh says:

Tatted mama that hair is purty

PrytiBrownIs says:

laykeya says:

=============================
    THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blashay says:

Jay Bee says:

__________________________________________________
    I must have missed the memo that spending under $200 constitutes “balling”, causes buyers remorse, and makes one “feeble minded” or a “moron”…I thought it was just a normal part of being a working adult :shrug:

Tatted Diva AKA The Makeup Maven says:

HEEEEY LOVELEIGH :kiss:

Thank you, Mama. I had to break out the curling irons & bobbee pins today instead of the flat irons!

FoxE says:

Ill be :party: at the concert SOLO

Since my cheap ass friends cant go.

blashay says:

jazzyiest says:

This seperates the winners from the losers. :yes:
    ____________________________________________________
    :applause: great approach to life. That mindset will take you far!

Lawwwd so glad this does not apply to me :coffee:

:waves: SR

vjackson says:

Okay, I payed $300 to see Sade and felt a little bad about that, but this kind of money for a rapper…I’ll pass. BTW, that pic looks like a same sex wedding photo.

BeautifulBliss says:

Mine were $99.50 a piece for the Greensboro show. It’s worth it to me. Jay puts on a great show. Never seen Kanye, but I’m sure I won’t be disappointed. :)

pointhimout says:

I agree, just dont go. The show is clearly for the people who will spendin $100 for a raggedy seat, and near $300 for the best seats. I’m none of the above. The shows will have huge crowds. I’m a diehard fan of certain artists, but no way would I spend this amount of money on a concert. This is one case where buyer’s remorse means ish the morning after. So I choose not to put myself thru it.

MsToot says:

blashay says:

I co sign that 100%
    I purchased 2 tix for $335 at the Verizon Center (DC)in the 100 section, i don’t know what this person is talking about.

Long Time Lurker says:

BeautifulBliss says:

__________________________________________________________________

Same show we are going to. And I agree, they are worth it.

Maybe we can carpool? You know, just to save on gas and shyt. :coffee:

MsToot says:

#41
    Girl PREACH

Tatted Diva AKA The Makeup Maven says:

@ MsToot, you and I boff know it’s the truth!

eastpointvet says:

i got 2 vip lounge tickets which were 350 a piece and 2 floor seats for 260 a piece in about the 17th row. floor seats go for regular price when they not tied up in a vip package and right now atl doesnt have a first rows vip package they just have the vip lounge which has its own section in the middle of the arena.

cocoa49 says:

There is no celb. in this world that i would pay to go see if i could see them on TV. Sorry not a fan, which is short for fanatic.

DMisses says:

Well I paid about $140 to see Jay Z when he performed here in Dallas during All Star weekend, his wife’s tickets were double that. You get what you pay for, if you want good seats then you will have to manage your money and pay like everyone else, or try to win some tickets through your local radio station.

heavn_sent says:

I know I’m late, but the cheapest DC ticets were $56, not $165. Yes, they were in the nosebleed, but the $165 are pretty good. There were actually 4 different price options..

Ms. Everything says:

What is the purpose of writing into Sandra (who has no pull whatsoever with ticket prices) and complaining cause YOU can’t afford some ish?? These men are businessmen, yes they may have a passion for the music, claim they love the fans but at the end of the day they are in it to make money and giving away seats for bargain prices isn’t going to even pay off the overhead for the shows let alone turn a profit. Anyway I wouldn’t pay to see this show but a lot of people will.

BeautifulBliss says:

Long Time Lurker says:
    Same show we are going to. And I agree, they are worth it.
    Maybe we can carpool? You know, just to save on gas and shyt.

Shyt, let’s go. The more the merrier. :)

BK2ATLMAN says:

don’t know about the rest but i have 4 floor seat tickets for atl already…