Violence Everywhere As Fans Line Up for the New Air Jordans

Thousands of frenzied shoe enthusiasts battled it out in long lines all over the country as they wait to be among the first to buy the new retro Air Jordans X1s. They couldn’t wait a few days when the supplies are replenished because they lack self esteem and they need the hideous shoes to impress their friends and boost their own egos. How pathetic.

There are reports of pepper spraying and fisticuffs as lines queued up for hours, and some for days. According to celebrity gossip blog TMZ.com, from Baltimore to Washington to Atlanta, people waiting in lines for the new Nike Air Jordan shoe are getting CRAZY violent — except at the Beverly Center in Los Angeles.

TMZ spoke with several people at the Bev Center who have been waiting in line for hours … and some for days … and they all seem to say the same thing — it’s been cold, but everyone has been extremely cordial.

It seems to be a sharp contrast from other shoe lines across the country — so far, there have been reports of pepper spraying at a mall in Washington, a brawl in Kentucky and girl fights in North Carolina. Source

The shoes have been re-released numerous times over the years. The $180 shoes quickly sold out after midnight today, and are currently selling on eBay for $400.

94 Responses to “Violence Everywhere As Fans Line Up for the New Air Jordans”

FeFe says:

Is is REALLY that serious?????????? :rolleyes:

GiGi says:

Ninjas and their shoes. :shotsfired1:

FeFe says:

and I know they are the “retro” style, which means them thangs was out back when I was in high school and I thought they were UGLY back then!

Hershey says:

I don’t want any shoe that a teenager will be walking around in, fugg the dumb chit. half the kids wearing these ugly azz shoes probably can’t cat, but will have on a expensive sneaker.

Over some shoes, people we gotta do better :smack: I might just go ahead a sale my old ones, back when I got them in the 90’s they still look brand new.

Anna says:

FeFe says:

~~~~~~
    Just goes to show, some things need not repeat themselves.

I love sneakers, but I wouldn’t waste a dime on those ugly things. It just goes to show you how desperate some people are to impress others. :no:

If you see a man wearing these shoes, you already know everything you need to know about his sorry azz. :no:

NikkeMinxx says:

*sets up a pop up bar and puts the tip pitcher out first*

GiGi says:

:applause: True Story: My Girlfriend’s 15 year old son is failing in school, his grades spell–> E, D, D, I, E but needless to say she stood in line at 6AM to get him these sneakers. She said that he is going to work on it next semister, this one is over so why keep punishing him? Every child needs Christmas gifts right? Sandra hit the nail on the head. WE GOTTA DO BETTER! I told my friend that her son is going to be an uneducated FRESH TO DEATH MORON! :rofl:

steph L says:

This chit cray! :coffee:

chubbswifey says:

I wish I might! Michael Jordan has enough money, he does not need mines. :nono: Crazy folks always making a spectacle of themselves.

NikkeMinxx says:

Hypnotiq Harmonie Splashes for everyone….. shots or drinks ladies?

Hpnotiq Harmonie
    Premium Vodka
    Grapefruit Juice
    Grenadine

TPtotalpackage says:

Out all night to get a pair of Jordans and most of these people don’t have life insurance….

Ty says:

I am so glad that I’ve outgrown this foolishness. I’ve purchased that same shoe at least 4 times back in my high schools days. My friends and I even went to Shine King (shoe shop) and dyed them different colors trying to be different :coffee: Only person on my block with purple Jordans LOL Now u cant pay me to put that heavy shyt on :nono:

chubbswifey says:

TPtotalpackage says:

:cosign:

Some of them probably don’t have car insurance. SMH

Ty says:

TPtotalpackage says:

______________________________________
    :cosign:

*gives my glass to Nike* :koolaid3:

chubbswifey says:

They are fighting in line for them and will probably be in the club Sunday night fighting because somebody stepped on them. :rofl:

KayCeiSoul says:

And this is the reason why I want to eggnog MJ! He releases Retro’s err’holiday!!!!!!! :cuss:

These fools tore up the mall here. Knocked over Christmas trees and ornaments, bum rushed the whole mall.

I hope when they get home and open the box there’s a pair of Jesus sandals in there.

Bastages. :rolleyes:

NikkeMinxx says:

Here you are Igo since you special and stuff, taste this one…

Hpnotiq Harmonie
    Citrus Vodka
    Cointreau
    Lime Juice

MzTisch says:

The funny things is most people that have Jordan’s on their feet are tore the phuk up from the ankles on up.

I’ve seen it….

Nicca got on the Jordan’s, but he the rest of him looks homeless.

@Nikke can a sistah get a pomengranate (sp) tho? :D

amatrex says:

Any particular reason why the folks at the Beverly Center in LA are being civil while waiting in line for the shoe?

NikkeMinxx says:

@FayFay (tatted’s baybay) you want a martini or margarita?

Nasir Rahim says:

I mean really with all thats going on in the world these dumb azzes line up for sneakers!! They need to be saving their money for water and other accessories for when they declare marshal law in their city. DUMMIESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

:rofl: @ MzTisch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dirty white tee contrasting off the beaming white of the shoe.
    Dust bunnies from the jeans bouncing on the glistening white laces.

You ain’t never lied.

SANDRA
    doesn’t Eastpoint like Jordans
    so if he has these does that mean he’s a sorry ass???

MzTisch says:

@ MzTisch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dirty white tee contrasting off the beaming white of the shoe.
    Dust bunnies from the jeans bouncing on the glistening white laces.

You ain’t never lied.

^^^^^^^^^
    If I even see you with a white tee on in my peripherals (sp)…I’m not even looking your way………..I’m crossing the street…..I’m rolling my windows up.

now on topic, as i stated b4, FayFay does NOT under any circumstances do lines like that. NOR would i go crazy over ANY article of clothing/shoes. its. just. not. that. serious!

SANDRA
    doesn’t Eastpoint like Jordans
    so if he has these does that mean he’s a sorry ass???

If he waited in a long line for shoes that he can’t eat, then, um, yeah. :coffee:

CHARBEE says:

amatrex says:

__________________________________________________________________

CAUSE L A P D’S “FINEST” DONT PLAY THAT CHIT. FOLKS GONE GET THEY AZZES WHIPPED.

Whew the memories!

Fay! I had my first pomegranate martini in NC this past spring, and oh my!

I am an introvert (Myers-Briggs results).

But I was about that networking that night after two of those bishes!

:koolaid3:

CHARBEE says:

SANDRA
    doesn’t Eastpoint like Jordans
    so if he has these does that mean he’s a sorry ass???

If he waited in a long line for shoes that he can’t eat, then, um, yeah.
    ___________________________

:lol: AUNTIE YOU ARE SO BLUNT.

MzTisch says:

Fayla aka IWhipIt..WhipItRealGood:) says:

^^^^^
    I hate lines too. I don’t want to stand in lines when I have to. I had to stand in line at Wal-mart for 30 minutes to get the rest of my baby toys out of lay-away…I was pissed at myself for not planning better so there wouldn’t be a line. I couldn’t imagine doing this chit here…

Yall still crazy says:

So yall just gonna let bron’s bm tweet in peace huh? :lol:

#messy

:think: lemme get that ‘tini bew. i always feel so sophistimacated when i drink ‘tinis :grill:

TPtotalpackage says:

:applause:

YALL
    i saw that and I usually ride for Savannah but um ion know what the hell she talkin bout

MzDetermined says:

Wow…I wish i would stand in line as cold as it is for a pair of shoes that everybody will have. I’m sorry it is just not that serious.

AndThenIHitMyDougie says:

@PSP

Fukk them drinks, girl! Whatchu finna buy me from Saks?!

*I seent you winning that other post.* :coffee:

Aekelani says:

All those shoes look the same

Ty says:

Nasir Rahim says:

_________________________________
    Unfortunately the majority doesnt think it will happen and dont even know that the bill is currently in the house and will be signed soon. They are distracted by Jordans and whatever else the media feeds them :(

KayCeiSoul says:

Out of all those people in that line – they had to know that somebody wasn’t getting not nary a shoe lace. :rolleyes:

NikkeMinxx says:

@key and fayla…. :cheers:

pomegranate juice
    cranberry juice ****tail
    raspberry vodka orange-flavored liqueur
    grenadine syrup

2know the ledge says:

these negros here were fighting and getting arrested over these stupid arse sneakers. Now some are spending their xmas in jail over some wack sneakers. It just blows my mind that Jordan stay rack in the money and nucca’s going out here throwing down 2 bones on these sneakers really son? Stupid part these things will be on sale next week or next month.

Whew the memories!

Fay! I had my first pomegranate martini in NC this past spring, and oh my!

I am an introvert (Myers-Briggs results).

But I was about that networking that night after two of those bishes!
    girrrl them thangs is the truth.edu! :yes:

me & Walmart? negative. i almost get pissed driving by one :lol: and right abt NOW? :hailnaw:
    the thought of walmart makes me feel some kinda way. the store aint right :(

i lubs Sam’s tho :yes:

NikkeMinxx says:

@dougie.. toe socks, guhl you aint know!

NikkeMinxx says:

@KayCei my bad boo #45 is yours too….

Nikke
    do you need my address to mail me my gift?????

Aekelani says:

Our society has become so materialistic, standing in lines for shoes and phones and camping out for black friday deals. It makes no sense to me.

NikkeMinxx says:

@WonderWoman.. can I bring it to you? :wink:

MzTisch says:

Fayla aka IWhipIt..WhipItRealGood:) says:

Whew the memories!

Fay! I had my first pomegranate martini in NC this past spring, and oh my!

I am an introvert (Myers-Briggs results).

But I was about that networking that night after two of those bishes!
    girrrl them thangs is the truth.edu!

me & Walmart? negative. i almost get pissed driving by one and right abt NOW?
    the thought of walmart makes me feel some kinda way. the store aint right

i lubs Sam’s tho
    ^^^^^^^^^^^
    Wal-mart HAS gone downhill over the years. Ctfu…..

Maaaaaaaaannnnn~! Sam’s Club be ridic during the first week of the month.

I swear, that standing in line, and sleeping outside, and cathcing cases for the latest anything, is the fuggin dumbest chit I’ve ever seen. SMH

And those sneakers are ugly, and been ugly.

Sup yall :waves:

NikkeMinxx says:

@key and fayla….

pomegranate juice
    cranberry juice ****tail
    raspberry vodka orange-flavored liqueur
    grenadine syrup
    ty for that likkagasm *drools*

TY :waves:

Nasir Rahim says:

Ty says Unfortunately the majority doesnt think it will happen and dont even know that the bill is currently in the house and will be signed soon. They are distracted by Jordans and whatever else the media feeds them
    OH WELL THEY BETTA GET IT TOGETHER CAUSE ITS ABOUT TO POP OFF AND THATS REAL TALK!!!!

KayCeiSoul says:

And look! His crispy broiled azz got ‘em on in the pic. No socks. Dawgs just a barkin’!

Bastage. :mad:

I’m mad, because even though I went online, I STILL got to hustle these extras that I got charged for. That puts me at risk of being whomped in the head!!!

Hopefully they will credit my account and simply send ONE pair. ONE. And Merry Christmas to my 17 year old who deserves to have them and anything else I can afford to gift him with.

YASSS! Thank ya Nikks! :koolaid3:

BruhMan5th Flr says:

First and last experience sitting in someone’s line for Jordan’s ninja’s aint got no sense

Aekelani says:

In Walmart you find some of the ghettoest people that shop there and work there. Where do these people come from…

Unpredictable says:

And those sneakers are ugly, and been ugly.

Sup yall
    :cosign:

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyy Bew! :2dance: <—not wearing Jordans

AndThenIHitMyDougie says:

@PSP

Saks sells toe socks? They Fendi or Gucci or something? Oh…well, sh*t. Send em then!! :yahoo:

<—-Gonna wait a few months to get them. The salt and winter snow here would kill them. :yes:

AEKELANI
    please tell me you’ve been to people of walmart dot com

Ty says:

Nasir Rahim says:

_________________________________
    SKEEERT :steer:
    oh we droppin knowledge :popcorn:
    u betta fuggin believe it’s coming
    stocking up on essentials NOW

Ty says:

Nasir Rahim says:

______________________________________
    U are so right! Also the reason why they are bringing the troops home.

:wave: @ FayFay

I heardabout the marshall law a few months ago

Ty says:

Fayla aka IWhipIt..WhipItRealGood:) says:

Ty says:

Nasir Rahim says:

_________________________________
    SKEEERT
    oh we droppin knowledge
    u betta fuggin believe it’s coming
    stocking up on essentials NOW
    _________________________________
    Yes Fay…the bill was sent to the house for Obama to sign and it might be signed already. I’ve been buying seeds and water for months :yes:

Aekelani says:

MY FURLEY’S JUMPOFF AKA SUGA WALLS says:

AEKELANI
    please tell me you’ve been to people of walmart dot com

______________________________________________________________________

lol No i haven’t is this a website about the ghetto-ness of walmart? lol

yes it is and you are gonna love me long time once you go to it!

somebody even made a song about it on youtube

Aekelani says:

LOL I am going right now! LOL

AndThenIHitMyDougie says:

@PSP

*********************************

@Dougie – my toes are long. I think those socks were made for me. Look like another set of hands in gloves when I put them on. :yes:

I :heart: toe socks. And Wal-Mart has them for $2 a pair.

FeFe says:

@KayCei

So what ur saying is that you have the Ciara-toe syndrome? :lol:

Aekelani says:

********************************

They come from “The Further”.

I can’t think of the name of the stupid movie I got that from. :rofl:
    Some horror flick.

JUST GOT THE WORD TO GO SO YALL HAVE A HAPPY HOLIDAY :yahoo: :danban:

@ Fe – Yes heffa. :mad:

So I thank for Chri-muhh somebody need to sprang for that nigga-toe cracking surgery Ci-Ci had, and I can get this fixed! :rofl:

I just don’t want to be off balance afterwards and start falling.

Ain’t nothing like gripping them boys in my plush carpet and swinging myself to my bed at night. :rofl:

I’m a hawt bish though. Men ALWAYS overlook my hand – I mean feet.
    :wink:

FeFe says:

:hunching:

Have a Happy Holiday chica!

FeFe says:

@KayCei

:lol: ain’t nuffin wrong with long toes…that just means that if you about to fall over an edge you can “grip” yourself betta and catch ur balance! :yes:

TY i had been procrastinating but that season has ended. 2012 will be an eye opener for many :yes:
    but imma be as prepared as i can, & armed to the teeth :grill:

@ Fe – Yes heffa.

I just don’t want to be off balance afterwards and start falling.

I’m a hawt bish though. Men ALWAYS overlook my hand – I mean feet.
    :dead: :rofl: Kay u ILL cray cray

*waves at Fay & Fe with my finger-toes* :rofl:

laykeya says:

It’s dumb to wait in a line that long for something other than food, unless your’re literally starving to death. Secondly why wait for shoes so many people want? Ya’ll gonna all be walking around in the same shoes.

Anna says:

laykeya says:

~~~~~~
    The same ugly shoes. :lol:

eastpointvet says:

Lol I have all Jordan’s already so I don’t have to wait in lines for re releases there is also a such thing as Nike.com u can order from the comfort of your home

LittleBigMouth says:

This is only the beginning, there will be a string of robberies soon after. These are sneakers that have already been released, i’m not getting the point

Bigbadwolf says:

Wow :shocked: I actually still have mine from high school. I should put my chit on ebay :think:

Fatkat says:

This really makes no sense. Back in the 90’s I wore nothing but air jordans. The difference was every shoe cost me $50 no matter the brand.. I chose jordans because I loved mike back in the day, the bulls and basketball. So I chose to buy the $50 shoe that at least Mike wore while playing. At least his shoes didn’t come out every week in different styles or colors. I would not buy air jordans now because my foot has not grown much since the 90’s, the cost is triple the amount, I can get shoes for much cheaper that look way better, the number one reason…I had the shoe already so why would I make a rich man much richer who don’t give a damn. so glad our boys don’t care. We show them pictures of them as babies with the exact same shoe that cost $20 then as well as all baby shoes back then but they cost way more for babies now.

!*LaKErCHiC@*! says:

scandalous1 says:

**********************************
    Same thing goes for a woman. I wouldn’t turn my head twice to look. Just pathetic.