Keyshia Cole Says Marriage Counseling Works

R&B singer Keyshia Cole, says marriage counseling works.

According to Eurweb.com, Cole’s husband, Daniel Gibson “was at first a bit hesitant to seek professional therapy for their marriage, but over time, he realized it was necessary.”

What’s not surprising to me is that Cole and Gibson sought marriage counseling in the first place.

Cole, 31, and Gibson, 26, met and began dating in 2009. They wed in an intimate ceremony on May 21, 2011 — a year after their first child, Daniel Hiram Gibson, Jr., was born.

3 years is about right for Dopamine (which sparked their strong sexual attraction to each other) to begin to fade. Young people who don’t understand how dopamine (and other brain neurotransmitters) works on sexual relationships falsely assume that their initial strong sexual attraction to each other must be love. It is not.

So when the dopamine begins to fade, these young people falsely believe that the “love” they once shared is now gone.

Actually, what’s gone is the dopamine — the initial spark that brought them together in the first place. But if they truly care about each other, the love that they cultivated over the course of their relationship will endure and last a lifetime.

It’s easy to see how young couples can be worried in the absence of dopamine. It’s a confusing time when couples begin to question their feelings. That is when they either break up, cheat, or choose to hang in there and work hard to make their love stronger.

If dopamine is the spark that brings two people together, then love is the glue that eventually bonds two people as one.

Dopamine is not love, and there’s nothing magical about it. Love doesn’t just appear out of thin air. It takes hard work to make it last.

It’s clear that the Gibsons have chosen to hang in there and work to make their love last. The couple was correct in seeking out marriage counseling to help them understand why the mood between them has changed.

“Once I get upset, there’s kind of no turning back,” said Cole. “He knows that that’s not fair, and I know that’s not fair. Sometimes I really get caught up in my emotions and I’m really good at it. So, like our psychiatrist says, I have to try to do ‘the unnatural thing.’ So, I’m trying.”

• Who Knew Keyshia Cole Had a Stalker?
  • Celebrity Seed: Keyshia Cole, Daniel Gibson
  • Keyshia Cole celebrates her 30th birthday in Cleveland
  • Keyshia Cole and hubby Booby take time out to give back

102 Responses to “Keyshia Cole Says Marriage Counseling Works”

Daisy says:

I am rooting for them as a couple :cheer:

Counseling and Therapy do work :yes:

belindammp says:

What about anger managment one of them sure could use it

YSoSrs says:

Psh. :coffee:

NaijaGal says:

so she’s 5 years older than him :thinking:

Daisy says:

Anger management could be addressed in therapy

Daisy says:

:offtopic: I can’t stand Elizabeth on The View :mad: I knew she would make my pressure rise after she tweeted that President Obama is leading the “war on women”.

Great happy for em!

Gigi26 says:

:shrugs: Like I said Keyshia used to dealing with them “ain’t shyt” niggas…the one she has to prove herself too. She don’t have to do that with ole buddy so she treats him any kind of way.

Better hope he stick around for the long run cuz her attitude is garbage. And PUHLEAZE lose the blond.

Mamacita says:

I like them together. I wish them the best! :love:

Good Morning all :waves:

supa says:

She has a nasty disposition and it shows. Her attitude is disrespectful and comes off as the world owes her something…and I hate it. Yes, she came from a dysfunctional home, but so did many of us. I just wish that her yodeling ass would go away. She doesn’t deserve a lick of success and the perks that come with it, but I guess everyone got the memo because wasn’t she performing in a radio station lobby a few weeks back? :rofl:

dancerbee93 says:

Daisy says:

I can’t stand Elizabeth on The View I knew she would make my pressure rise after she tweeted that President Obama is leading the “war on women”.
      —————-
      She pisses me off like Rom-nocchio..:cuss:

San says:

The fact is love isnt the only thing that sustains a relationship. I can love you, but you keep being a bum and not paying in like you weigh in, I will leave you. :tea:

NaijaGal says:

@DAISY – she’s an idiot married to an idiot and that idiot leads this idiot

Gigi26 says:

I think Keyshia problem is she’s used to proving her love to ain’t shyt niggas (see Jeezy relations lol)…so she got a guy that geniunely loves her and is not the “ain’t shyt” type and she don’t know how to deal with it.

Its like giving millions to a hillbilly. They never had anything good so they get it and don’t know the real value of it until its near gone or gone entirely. I hope that doesn’t happen to Keyshia.
      ~ ~ ~ ~
      Agree to the hunnneth!

I’m sad that newlyweds would need marriage counselling, but I’m happy that they are invested enough to do what needs to be done. I’m really rooting for them.

Razzle Dazzle Boo says:

What about anger management??

MaMacita :happy:
      I like them together as well.I DONT Like Boobies look up there though . . he looks like charmin

:blink: :blink: What in the God bless America is going on with that pic!

And I don’t mind admitting Im one of the very few who did not watch this show! DVR night….

NaijaGal says:

so Chris Brown got a tattoo on his throat…ummmm yeah I got nothing

Anna says:

Daisy says:

~~~~~~~
      I can’t stand her either, never could. She is holier than thou, young repub on the show, and as long ss she has a baby every now and again she will have a job(on the view).

belindammp says:

What about anger managment one of them sure could use it
      ******************

That’s what I was thinking. I would have started there and then did the marriage counselling after that foundation was laid. I just had a vision of poor sensitive Boobie crying as ghetto azz Keyshia cusses him out for leaving a swalla of milk in the carton.

Diva says:

Boobie :rofl:

KyCakes says:

NaijaGal says:

so she’s 5 years older than him :think:
      ———————————————————————-
      You wouldn’t think so with that little bird chest he rockin’…

Sandra, we need more posts on the effects of dopamine :yes:

:sarcasm:

Eazy says:

They already need counseling? Didnt they get married yesterday….damm
      Heyyyyy Roses :waves: :hug:

Diva says:

Anna says:

Daisy says:

~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      I can’t stand her azz either!!!

Daisy says:

You can have two people go through the same bad exp. and they will handle it differently. Everybody is different and has to find their own footing in their own time.

Bibi says:

Damn I keep missing this show.. :shrugs:

Gigi26 says:

They shoulda never given Keyshia better teef, bish smelling herself now :lol:

Just because a couple sees a marriage counselor doesn’t always mean that it’s trouble in paradise. When my old co-worker got engaged, she signed her and her fiance up for marriage counseling prior to getting married. All personal issues that weren’t discussed between the two, were raised during the counseling session. For example, him not having his dad in his life, and how that would effect him raising their children when the time came, her not expressing emotions, etc. :shrugs:

NaijaGal says:
      so Chris Brown got a tattoo on his throat…ummmm yeah I got nothing
      ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~
      :eek:

S/N i been so Ashy :blink:

Milky says:

:cosign: she seems so fake to me! I cant even stand to watch her at all. That’s why I dont watch the view!

MissHarlem says:

Didnt back in the day you would go to counseling before getting married? So whats the big deal on a couple deciding to go to counseling no matter what stage in a serious relationship? In any event my breakfast was rather smashing this morning.

Milky says:

:whistle:
      what could it be eeee in you i see. what could it be. Love ole love stop makin a fool of meeeee! Ole love ole love stop makin a fool of me!

THIS MY SHAIT RIGHT HERE!!

:wave: BiBi and Unpredict, and yes that is a valid point and reasoning

PERFECTO says:

Couples just need to be honest with each other…spare no feelings for the truth is worth way more! No counseling needed!

Gigi26 says:

They shoulda never given Keyshia better teef, bish smelling herself now

I never noticed how big them teef were until I watched the show last night. :-D

MissHarlem says:

DAMNIT MIRS :mad: we saying the same damn thing at the same damn time :lol: hey boo

MissHarlem says:

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!! :yes:

NaijaGal says:

Unpredictable says:

===========================
      :cosign: and if more people did that before walking down the aisle they’d probably avoid a lot of unnecessary issues

Milky says:

@diva i see the monkey went and got her weave game right. so many are going to be jealous. :rofl:

Gigi26 says:

I never noticed how big them teef were until I watched the show last night.
      ————————————
      I’ve never seen veneers that were so damn big, on K. Michelle and Keyshia, it gives them horse mouths

SuthernBelle4 says:

@Harlem you right, some ministers refuse to marry you if you don’t let them counsel you about your marriage.
      That’s a nice picture of Boobie and Keyshia. I saw a pic of her sister with her husband on another site and no words for the level of ratchetry in that pic.

Daisy says:

______________________________________________________________

:eek: You can be HONEST and NOT spare feelings and still need counseling.

lovezoe says:

Keyshia attitude funky. You can feel it through the screen. Hopefully Boobie softens her heart.

Eazy says:

:waves: Diva!! Whats that movie when the group of women scream DIVVVVA as a greeting to eachother :thinkingL

Gigi26 says:

Suthern: Did Soulo get that tooth he was missing replaced?

If ya ask me Neffie first husband was sexy as fukk (the one in Oakland) but that nigga had a 3 some with her cousin and fell in love with the bytch :no:

Ratchet ass family :lol:

MissHarlem says:

*******************

I like to assume they still do. Pastor insisted for me and hubby to be counselled prior to the wedding. That was spiritual, but it was truly a wonderful thing and I appreciated him so much for being willing to do it and partipate fully. That is not the same has going to counselling becuase you are having problems. But again I stand by the fact that the major problem is Keyshia’s anger management problem and extreme ghettoness. Boobie’s sensitivity is probably an issue as well, but not as harmful as Keyshia’s problem.

NaijaGal says:

Unpredictable says:

===========================

Word!!!!! :yes:

Diva says:

:wave: MsHarlem

MissHarlem says:

SUTHERN :yes: exactly

lovezoe says:

Easy- they did it on Fresh Prince

KayCeiSoul says:

I want these two to make it like they were my own cousins. I am rooting for them and their baby boy. Loves them as a couple. :heart:

Diva says:

Eazy says:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      *sratches head*

Eazy says:

****************

Aunt Viv and her sisters greeted each other that way on the Fresh Prince of Bell Air, but that wasn’t a movie. I can’t think of anything else.

KayCeiSoul says:

MILKY! :rofl:

You ain’t shyt. That is one of my favs. I LOVE me some Martin!

SuthernBelle4 says:

lol @Gigi he had his mouth closed but this nukka had the nerve to have on a suit jacket, pressed 1985 jeans, and some dress shoes and Neffie up there looking like Morticia, its just so sad. Supposedly they suppose to have a reality show coming out too

Eazy says:

Thank you LoveZoe.. I knew it was about 3-4 blk women screaming that :lol:

Trendsetter says:

Gigi26 says:

I never noticed how big them teef were until I watched the show last night.
      ————————————

don’t forget malaysia from bbw

Anna says:

PERFECTO says:

~~~~~~~~
      It’s not always that easy for some couples. Ppl want to bring up old stuff to a new argument. It doesn’t work that way.

SuthernBelle4 says:

that’s funny cause Keyshia and K Michelle favor to me :thinking:

kingstonn says:

boobie is a sexy lil thang.
      i saw him at her concert last year and almost fell out my chair trying to get a better look. :no:

Diva says:

Milky says:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      guhl she done got it right and tight! shidddd were the haters at?

MissHarlem says:

MSDIVA :waves: hey boo

BIRD end result is counseling is a positive thing. Right wrong or indifferent Im all for it with couples.

Bibi says:

:waves: @Luvn, Diva, Eazy, Lovezoe, Kaycei, MissHarlem, Unpre, Gigi, Daisy, Naija, Milky, Bird, Vesuvius

Eazy says:

Dang they already reporting Breezy and RhiRhi fighting eachother this early into their “renewed love” :popcorn:

PERFECTO says:

Keeping the dopamine alive…..
      Evolve to the better version of what you were physically when he or she first met you.
      Ladies after pregnancy get ya azz in the gym and get the body back right!
      It wouldn’t hurt to have more lingerie than regular close!
      Fellas trade in the shell 6 pack for a real one.
      Dont go gettn homer simpson on em!

SuthernBelle4 says:

Daisy
      Ysosr
      Luvn_life

And :waves: for anyone else I missed

NaijaGal says:

so Chris Brown got a tattoo on his throat…ummmm yeah I got nothing

He has several tattoos on his throat. How can we tell which is the new one? :shrug:

Eazy says:

But dammit that bish so fine! Why I gotsta be so wide :mad:

Gigi26 says:

:rofl: :no: Damn shame

:waves: Bibi darling!

Diva says:

luVn_liFe… says:

MsDIVARo you shole got Yo MonKae Fancy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      That monkae is a D-I-V-A!
      :wave: Hey Bibi

NaijaGal says:

SuthernBelle4 says:

=======================
      don’t nobody wanna see that ish…Neffie’s meant to be a 9-5er but she wanna be a star…no ma’am pam…get you a good call center job and she could be a supervisor one day while going to school on their dime #plans #actions

Ummmmm, yeah, next!!!!!!!!!!!!

KayCeiSoul says:

Hey MsB :waves:

And Naija! :rofl: Why you put Neffe in a call center? Dayum you, because she fits so well. Verizon maybe? :dead:

Soooooo, Sandra, what’s your take on ashy lips, ice cream cone face Gucci Mane, throwing Keyshia in the middle of he and Jeezy’s beef????? *passes mic to Sandra*

BrownSuggaBabe says:

SuthernBelle4 says:

Is Jeezy a friend of the blog cause I was about to say something real side ways
      ~~~~~~~
      :waiting:

ohpretty1 says:

I am pro PRE-marital counseling. With her past and issues PRE marital counseling would have been her only option to get me down the ailse :lol:

KayCeiSoul says:

Bibi!!! :waves:

MSVALLDAY says:

At least they are seeking help

zurishay says:

Her attitude is too funky. I hate to say it, but she doesnt deserve him. Hes too good of a person to put up with all of that. But, those are usually the relationships that last- the ones where the wife goes upside the husbands head. Smh

NaijaGal says:

BiBi, MsB :hug: been missing yalls fonts :heart:

They goin have one more kid and then get divorced.

Gigi26 says:

:ghost: not the call center!! LMAO

ohpretty1 says:

MSVALLDAY says:

At least they are seeking help

———

True. I hope it works. I only saw half an episode but he really seems to be a good man.

Keyshia may have her issues, but he also ain’t picture perfect. They both admitted during an interview that he cheated after they got married.

ohpretty1 says:

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

They goin have one more kid and then get divorced.
      ——–

:-(

lovezoe says:

I didn’t see he cheated? Interesting

NaijaGal says:

@KAYCEI & GIGI – you know I’m right…@KAY I was thinking AT&T :lol:

lovezoe says:

I didn’t see he cheated? Interesting

Heyyyy Love :waves:

They both did an interview with the Breakfast Club a few weeks ago, and they both admitted that he cheated.

KayCeiSoul says:

:dead: @ At&t!

Yep, Neffie would be the one to be complaining about the $15/hour cap for the call center employees. She too old for that kinda bread. She done experienced having new kitchen counters, so it’s too late for that.

KayCeiSoul says:

:dead: @ At&t!

———–

GAGIRL87 says:

I have nothing :shrugs:

Daisy says:

A few blogs posted that BC interview and it said she talked about cheating but they sure didn’t mention she said Boobie cheated on her…I need to go find that post and hit play. She was on Rickey Smiley’s show too but they didn’t ask her about cheating.

belindammp says:

MissHarlem says:

*******************
      yes because when me and hubby got married 11 years ago we got counseling before we even got marriage license to see if marriage was what we both wanted because a man can love my dirty drawers but if he has a messed up attitude i will quickly throw the
      :peace: