The parents of Atlanta R&B singer Natina Reed, 32, are asking the public for help in determining where she was coming from and where she was going when she was struck and killed by a car on Friday.

In an interview with Channel 2 Action News, Reed's parents, Tamara Goodridge and Paul Reed, said their daughter was talking on her cell phone and walking along Lawrenceville Highway near Hamilton Road, just north of Lilburn, when she was struck by a car around 10:30 p.m. She was pronounced dead at a local hospital at 10:59 p.m.

"She was on the phone," said Reed's father. "She was walking across the street on the phone, and the next thing she’s on the floor."

The driver of the red Honda that hit Reed called 911 to report the accident. No charges are pending against the driver.

There are unconfirmed rumors that Reed was kicked out of a car following a drunken argument with the driver.

Reed's parents and police want to speak with anyone who knows Reed's whereabouts in the hours before she was killed.

"We’re not looking to be victims,” Tamara Goodridge told Channel 2. “We’re not seeking to be angry, but we do need a resolve."

Police are awaiting the results of toxicology reports to determine if Reed was impaired by alcohol or drugs as she walked along well-travelled Lawrenceville highway.

Police doubt the theory that Reed was returning home from a store. “It’s kind of a dark lit area,” police spokesman Sgt. Rich Long told the AJC. “There is not really anything in that area that's open at that time of night, that would be any kind of a draw to a person up there,” he said.

Reed is a former member of the late-1990s R&B group Blaque, known for their hit singles such as "808" and "Bring It All To Me". Reed also starred with Gabrielle Union in the cheerleader movie Bring It On.

"She was full of life, tenacity and a visionary always a visionary and very good at what she did," Reed’s mother told Channel 2 Action News.

"Even her acting you could see the light of what she was trying to communicate,” added her father, Paul Reed. “Her acting was so profound that you believed the story."

Reed was a cousin of the late TLC singer Lisa “Left Eye” Lopes, who also died in a car accident in Honduras on April 25, 2002 at age 30. Reed is survived by a 10-year-old son, Tren Brown, by her former husband, rapper Kurupt.

Kurupt, whose formal name is Ricardo Emmanuel Brown, said, "Myself and Tren, Natina’s son, would like to thank everyone for their love and support during this tragic time. This is a tremendous loss to our family. Natina was a great person and I wish everyone had the opportunity to meet her and know her as I did."

Reed's parents said they are working on plans for a public wake and funeral for Reed set for Friday and Saturday. Additionally, Reed's parents are creating a foundation to benefit Natina’s 10-year-old son Tren.

• Former Blaque Member Busted For Disorderly Conduct
  • FanMAIL: Natina Reed Cleans Up Nicely
  • Devyne Stephens 40th Birthday Bash at Dreamland
  • Former “BLAQUE” Member Natina Reed Arrested for DUI… AGAIN! [MUGSHOT]
    • brownskin A.K.A Creamy

:wail: listening to bring it all to me NOW the remix... I like that group

• Diva

sad sad sad...but on the floor.....shouldn't that have read on the ground?

• brownskin A.K.A Creamy

was she Preggo :shrugs: oh maybe thats the picture ok :kona:

• MsB

I have never heard of this lady.... My condolences to her family

• YSoSrs

Oh. That's who that is.

• Diva

@MsB, that gravi is killing me softly....that pillsbury dough woman has a bakery full of ROLLS!

• http://Apr0424.wordpress.com boistop

Just awful

• brownskin A.K.A Creamy

shes a cute girl I wonder who did her make up that night, so I can go slap the Fugg outta them ok I know>>>>>>>>>>> :kona:

• http://Apr0424.wordpress.com boistop

@diva
      HeyyyyyyyGurlllll

brownskin A.K.A Creamy says:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      I didn't wanna speak ill of the dearly departed, but that foundation is way to light!!! May she RIP! Creamy get to the :kona: NOW

Boistop :hug:

• Such A F’n Lady

Was she ever married to Kurupt? I thought they were just once engaged. :thinks:

Hello all! :waves:

• kingstonn

both of those were my songs back in elementary! and the one she had with Kurupt "it's over now" :wail:

• DoNotDeleteMe

Something about Kurupt's statement unsettles me:

"Myself and Tren, Natina's son, would like to thank everyone for their love and support during this tragic time," he said. "This is a tremendous loss to our family. Natina was a great person and I wish everyone had the opportunity to meet her and know her as I did."

Can someone tell this basehead that Tren is his son as well? :mad:

• kingstonn

um.. that's an old picture.
      that's back when Auntie used to watermark the images she took.

• Daisy

:sad: :pray: Bring it all to me was my JAM w/98 degrees and Boom like a 808

Greetings all :waves:

Such A F'n Lady says:

Was she ever married to Kurupt? I thought they were just once engaged.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Hey such!!! Every where I've read says they were Engaged not married! :shrugs:

• http://Apr0424.wordpress.com boistop

• DoNotDeleteMe

Diva says:

sad sad sad…but on the floor…..shouldn’t that have read on the ground?

___________________________

...or on the asphalt?

• MsB

:smack: I didn't read the post, I liked that group... I don't wear makeup so I may be wrong but her makeup looks off?? :shrug:

• Diva

:wave: hey Daisy Mae!!!!!!

DoNotDeleteMe says:

Diva says:

sad sad sad…but on the floor…..shouldn’t that have read on the ground?

___________________________

…or on the asphalt?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      right, but floor............. :smack:

• ReadingIsFundamental

My prayers to the family.

Ok, I'm not understanding what "resolve" her parents need. They know she was walking on a road, on her phone, hit by a driver, the driver stopped and called 911. Isn't that it? They know who hit and killed her and so, shouldn't they just be getting clarification from the police as to why the driver is not being charged with something? Why are they fishing for what she was doing prior to the accident? They might find out something they don't want to know about their little girl. What she was doing prior doesn't actually shed light on her walking on a road and getting hit. For whatever reason, she was walking on a dark road and got hit. Whoever she was with earlier has nothing to do with her death.

• pointhimout

natina's son. dont yall women hate when the father of ur child treats the child like it's urs, not his? i told a friend that their kids were really "her" kids. sure enough, baby daddy made a comment like 'u and ur kids...' she was over.

this natina story is unfortunate, but it goes to show that in the wink of an eye, your decision can change or cause u ur life. i was driving sunday and almost ran into the back of someone all cuz I was looking at some fish. in a split second, my life could've changed. I dont believe in every situation it was a person's time to go. I believe our negligence or poor judgement brings death sooner than intended. ijs.

on the news, her dad did really say 'on the floor.' i watched it last night. her mom was so well spoke and composed.

• MsB

Diva says:

@MsB, that gravi is killing me softly….that pillsbury dough woman has a bakery full of ROLLS!
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:dead:
      She built like the Michelin Man

MsB says:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

___________________________________
      She built like the Michelin Man and the Pillsbury dough boy rolled up into one. (fixed it for you)

• KyCakes

If her Parents really want to know, they can have LE ping her phone to see where she was, when she was there, etc....

• kingstonn

@ point
      maybe they want to know who she was talking to and where she was coming from? :shrug:

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

ReadingIsFundamental says:

They know she was walking on a road, on her phone, hit by a driver, the driver stopped and called 911. Isn’t that it? They know who hit and killed her and so, shouldn’t they just be getting clarification from the police as to why the driver is not being charged with something?

It's not the driver's fault if she's walking in the roadway, in the dark, wearing dark clothing when she was hit. Her parents have a right to know what "MAN" put a woman out of his car on the side of the road and made her walk on busy Lawrenceville highway. At least the driver stopped. Most people would have kept going.

• brownskin A.K.A Creamy

I was gonna make another comment about............... but DIVA put me back in the>>> :kona: Ill be here til its time to go home..

• MsB

Diva says:

<------- This is the face I gave when I seen that pic. I had to change I know Sandra hasn't been playing about her blog and I just got my login... :lol:

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

By now the police should have her cell phone records. What's taking so long to find the driver and beat a confession out of him? :shrug:

• Victoria

@pointhimout & Sandra

Sandra added in the Tren part for reader clarification.

@kurupt_gotti
      Myself and Tren, would like to thank everyone for their love and support during this tragic time. This is a tremendous loss to our family.

• KyCakes

By now the police should have her cell phone records. What’s taking so long to find the driver and beat a confession out of him? :shrug:
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      :rofl: You're out of control, Sandra...

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

Diva says:

sad sad sad…but on the floor…..shouldn’t that have read on the ground?

I see that a LOT when I read news stories. I always auto-correct "floor" to "ground" when I read it.

• Daisy

Hey Diva

• DoNotDeleteMe

Victoria says:

@pointhimout & Sandra

Sandra added in the Tren part for reader clarification.

@kurupt_gotti

___________________________________

Wrong. Don't lie on Sandra. He said "Natina's son" on the MTV website. It was stated just like that in the statement that bastid released!

MsB says:

Diva says:

<——- This is the face I gave when I seen that pic. I had to change I know Sandra hasn't been playing about her blog and I just got my login…
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Thank you for changing that ma and protecting your login....wouldn't wanna lose you so soon!!!

• Daisy

Both her Left Eye died via car accidents...interesting

• ReadingIsFundamental

Sandra, is that not involuntary manslaughter though? Unless you throw yourself in front of a car, it is the driver's fault if they hit you right? I live up a mountain and we have one way streets with no damn shoulders. We have stupid ass bike riders who want to ride bikes early in the dark mornings and some silly night joggers. Even if they are in all black with no flashlight, we are responsible in my state if we hit them. I'm not saying that every situation is the same and requires jail time but, if you accidentally harm someone, you are still responsible to a degree. Whoever put her out of the car is an assh*le yes but, not necessarily responsible for her death. There is no telling what they were arguing about, if she got out willingly (women do that crazy shit), or who was at fault for her having to walk out there. We are talking about a woman who had an alcohol problem. God bless her soul but, I can't drink the kool-aid immediately that she was in her right mind out there.

• Daisy

*and

Diva says:

sad sad sad…but on the floor…..shouldn’t that have read on the ground?

I see that a LOT when I read news stories. I always auto-correct “floor” to “ground” when I read it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      You on it then Auntie!!!!!! :hug:

• Daisy

How old is Tren?

@Daisy, 10

• http://random-rhiannon.blogspot.com rhiannon

Hamilton Road runs right behind the community where my Mom lives. That stretch of Lawrenceville Rd is very dangerous. I just don't see where she could have been going. Both gas stations in the area are closed around 10pm.There is a Walmart neighborhood market but they too are closed. Once you pass my Moms complex, there are no more sidewalks. The road has a large curved/hill & cars are often flying by. The fact that someone finally got hit doesn't surprise me. That same area has wrecks at least once or twice a month.

• kingstonn

@ daisy
      did you see that documentary LeftEye made? the way she died STILL spooks me. :wail:

• DoNotDeleteMe

He is 10 years old...and a super cutie pie~

• Milky

@diva :koolaid3: here bew. massages ur shoulders and neck, it has been a long time!

• MzTisch

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      I read somewhere that she was the cousin of Farrah from Destiny child and only the protege' of Left Eye. Not a relative. Which one is correct?

Also, I read that her and Kurupt were engaged, but never made it to the alter.

Hey everyone! :D

Milky says:

@diva here bew. massages ur shoulders and neck, it has been a long time!

*puts my feet up on the desk as I sip* awwwwwwwwwwwww

• SOTHERNGRL

@MILKY Why did a very nice lady just leave out of my office with guess what on A PAIR OF BLACK VELVET PANTS LAWWD. Why dis I have to keep looking sown at the paper I was writing on because I did not want this lady to see me sniggling.

• Milky

___________________________________
      the ANGRY PANTS are invading everyone... I thought it was just me!! DAMN THOSE PANTS TO HELL!!!

• Milky

i swear they dont come in any other color than black!!!!

• http://twitter.com/jetsetdeeva DeevaC

Natina and left eye weren't cousins but she is Farrah Franklins Cousin.

• Sam

Her parents have a right to know what “MAN” put a woman out of his car on the side of the road and made her walk on busy Lawrenceville highway

^^^^
      what are you implying here :thinking:

Milky says:

i swear they dont come in any other color than black!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      They don't need to come in the color black!!!!

• MzTisch

@Deeva C, that's what I swore I read. Thanks, I knew I was just a lil crazy.

• Trendsetter

:offtopic:

Kindergarten Teacher Suspended For Threatening Facebook Comments About Students
      Memphis kindergarten teacher Tameka Gatewood is on unpaid suspension pending a hearing for comments she made about her students on Facebook, WMC-TV reports.

According to the station, her public posts include references to two of her Rainshaven Elemenary School kindergarteners arguing:

“How bout I blasted both of them. The girl in my class hair is nappy almost every day and the boy wears dirty clothes, face nasty and can’t even read. They didn’t bother nobody else when I got through with them.”

“What do you think you’re supposed to do? Bang! Bang! Shoot ‘em up dammit! Just kidding!! For real tho – slap their ass back then Bang! Bang! Shoot ‘em up dammit.”

Parents are furious. While the city of Memphis has a social media policy barring municipal employees from publicly posting comments that would negatively reflect the city — or place the city at risk for lawsuits — the rules don’t extend to school employees. Parents say that Gatewood should be fired and the district could use social media regulations.

“She needs to be up out of here. Because how can you do your job and that’s what you think about students?” parent Monica Watson told WMC-TV. “That’s ridiculous. I wouldn’t want anyone like that teaching my child, over them, trying to teach them the value of life…period

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_gGqaUA78I datsmdubya2u

I want donotedeleteme to put up a gravi

• http://SandraRose.com Keesh

I just dont think anyone should be crossing the street on a hwy at night on a cell phone. I have almost hit people walking across the street int he damn daytime. Catch me on the hwy doing 65 or more at night, things not gonna go well. I applaud the people who hit her for stopping. Such a sad story, no winners here.

• Milky

They don’t need to come in the color black!!!!

_______________________________
      no font has ever been truer!!!

• Sam

Trendsetter

That's crazy... :no:
      You can't post every feeling on facebook and/or twitter especially when you talking about killing folks

• Milky

@sam or talkin about ur students for that matter!!

• ReadingIsFundamental

Milky, ummmm, why do we have to suffer with you looking at those damn pants?

• Milky

Milky, ummmm, why do we have to suffer with you looking at those damn pants?

_____________________________
      why must i suffer alone????? :rofl:

Sam says:

Trendsetter

That’s crazy…
      You can’t post every feeling on facebook and/or twitter especially when you talking about killing folks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      When these folks gone learn? Never I'm guessing

• YSoSrs

@DATS

Delete will put of a Gravi when :pigsfly:

• ReadingIsFundamental

throwing nail polish remover at my screen won't make it go away.

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

datsmdubya2u says:

I want donotedeleteme to put up a gravi

So do I. :yes:

ReadingIsFundamental says:

Milky, ummmm, why do we have to suffer with you looking at those damn pants?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      May I ask what kind of shoes this lady has on with said pants?

• DoNotDeleteMe

datsmdubya2u says:

I want donotedeleteme to put up a gravi

So do I.

_____________________________

Sorry...I am not computer savvy...so I would not know where to start. :shrug:

• Sam

May I ask what kind of shoes this lady has on with said pants?
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      Oh the visual I picture the pointy toes with thick heels and a nice prince ruffled shirt :rofl:

BYE YALL!!! :bye:

Diva congrats again on your gorgeous grandbaby may he blessed all his life :)

• ReadingIsFundamental

Oh damn, I have to go stalk some other blog site now. I'm on the west coast all alone and the stock markets are closed so, I have nothing to do here at work. Maybe it's nap time.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_gGqaUA78I datsmdubya2u

Dear DoNot

Find a photo you'd like to use

save it to your computer. saving to ur desktop is the easiest

go to gravitar.com

register ur acct with the same email you used to register your Sandra Rose acct.

upload the gravi

Done!

Sam says:

May I ask what kind of shoes this lady has on with said pants?
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

BYE YALL!!!

Diva congrats again on your gorgeous grandbaby may he blessed all his life
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Awww Sam thanks!!! that was so sweet of you ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ makes my heart dance!

datsmdubya2u says:

Dear DoNot

Find a photo you’d like to use

save it to your computer. saving to ur desktop is the easiest

go to gravitar.com

upload the gravi

Done!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Easy as cutting a piece of pie!

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

Diva's grandbaby looks almost as grown as my grandnephew looked the day he was born. :)

• Diva

Diva’s grandbaby looks almost as grown as my grandnephew looked the day he was born.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Sandy, he doesn't look like he was just born 3 days ago, right? The pic in my gravi he was actually 2 days old. These babies nowadays don't look like newborns anymore!

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_gGqaUA78I datsmdubya2u

ReadingIsFundamental says:

Milky, ummmm, why do we have to suffer with you looking at those damn pants?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      May I ask what kind of shoes this lady has on with said pants?

_______________________________

Im guessing payless pointy-toed boots that a kinda run over?

• Anna

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Sandy, he doesn’t look like he was just born 3 days ago, right? The pic in my gravi he was actually 2 days old. These babies nowadays don’t look like newborns anymore!

~~~~~~~~~~~
      They don't look like newborns. They can hold their own bottle by a month old.

Anna says:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~
      They don’t look like newborns. They can hold their own bottle by a month old.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      truuu(2 chainz voice)

datsmdubya2u says:

ReadingIsFundamental says:

Milky, ummmm, why do we have to suffer with you looking at those damn pants?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      May I ask what kind of shoes this lady has on with said pants?

_______________________________

Im guessing payless pointy-toed boots that a kinda run over?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      :nono: call the fashion PO-PO on dat hoe!

• luVn_liFe…

@Milky :dead: at them damn Pants . .
      I was Just on her a few weeks ago talking bout 808,that song was thee shyte in HS,and Mokensteph!

I dont understand what More the Parents need. :shrug:

But why Not subpoena her cell phone records and see who she was talking to?

• AlluringlySweet

When someone dies in such a tragic and unexpected wa, most of the time, the cloest affected want to know why. Working at a large trauma hospital I see it all the time. It makes no sense to most why it matters but for her parents it's closure and a step in their grieving process. One day their child was here and the next, in a blink of the eye, she was gone. That's a lot to process.

• AlluringlySweet

*way

• AlluringlySweet

*closest......typing on phone.

• http://mistarie28.wordpress.com mistarie

*Random* Ronnie Devoe and his wife look like twins. At least, long lost brother and sister. Lord forgive me. :pray:

• hell_on_heels

My heart truly goes out, but I just can't hold this in. Her parents want to start a "trust" for her son. People, please get your things in order before you depart!!! There will NEVER be a U-Haul following a hearse (I'm just saying).