Pandora Pays Lil Wayne, Drake Over $3 Million Per Year

Recording artists with modest to poor record sales now have a new revenue stream thanks to Internet radio service, Pandora.

Pandora Media, Inc CEO Tim Westergren released a statement Tuesday acknowledging that it pays superstar rappers Lil Wayne and Drake over $3 million in royalties for streaming their music online.

Drake’s friend, Bad Boy artist French Montana (pictured above left with Drake), will receive a check for $138,567 from Pandora for his hit track “Pop That,” featuring Lil Wayne, Drake and Rick Ross.

Pandora Media, Inc, which operates Pandora Internet radio, is raking in millions of dollars in advertising revenue annually. And the service is enriching artists who normally don’t get radio spins.

“For over two thousand artists Pandora will pay over $10,000 dollars each over the next 12 months,” said Westergren on Pandora’s blog, “And for more than 800 [artists] we’ll pay over $50,000 — more than the income of the average American household. For top earners like Coldplay, Adele, Wiz Khalifa, Jason Aldean and others Pandora is already paying over $1 million each.”

That’s great news for underground artists who wouldn’t normally receive a royalty check for radio play.

“These are all working artists who live well outside the mainstream–no steady rotation on broadcast radio, no high profile opening slots on major tours, no front page placement in online retail,” said Westergren.

• Drake’s ex-girlfriend wants her check for “Marvin’s Room” intro
  • Report: Jay Z Earned $63 Million, Donated $6,000 to Charity
  • Jay Z and Beyonce fundraiser raises $4 million for President Obama
  • Rihanna in tax trouble with the IRS

• luVn_liFe…

WoW, I guess thats why they’ve started limiting the FREE amount of hours :eek:

• Xena68

Glad they are paying them because I sure as hell ain’t :lol:

• kingstonn

pandora plays the SAME song over & over & over & over. they need to save the money to find more songs to play. :rolleyes:

• jealousCNenvy

WOW, I hear this commercial inturrupting my Pandora all day. Thats alotof money they puttin out though. smh.

• lovezoe

:yawn:

• Bad Influence

this is stupid… i dnt even play Pandora anymore so..

• jazi65

Xena68 says:

Glad they are paying them because I sure as hell ain’t

• Bad Influence

lets talk about Drakes hair tho..

possibly fingerwaves? :blink:

• Aryanna

R. Kelly’s & H Town’s Station >>

Off Topic: Future sexy axx really dissapointed me last night at the awards. -_- My generation’s music suckkkkkkkkkkks!

• luVn_liFe…

VDot says:

Did yall hear that interview Gucci had with the breakfast club. That ashy lip nucca had Charlamagne and company straight shook. They didn’t want those problems.

Them: So they say you threw a chick out the car.

Ashy Mouth: Mutherfugger don’t be asking me about that chit before you come up missing.
      Them: I thought the case was settled
      Ashy Mouth: Mutherfugging didn’t I just tell you I wasnt talmabout that chit. I will have Wacka this place up.
      ~ ~ ~ ~
      VDot someone postd it earlier,They said those Gals Were Scurred! :hahaha:

• YSoSrs

Totally worth the money. Totally. :coffee:

• dancerbee93

I bypass my pandora app :shrugs:

Heyyyy everybody!!!

@bad :hugs:
      luvn
      xena
      kingston

• Xena68

Hey Dancer :hi:

• http://SandraRose.com Keesh

Aryanna says:

R. Kelly’s & H Town’s Station >>

How old are you boo? Future sexy?

• Aryanna

luVn_liFe… says:

VDot says:

Them: So they say you threw a chick out the car.

Them: I thought the case was settled

Im glad he punked his axx.. Charlamange ( SP) is rude. I felt sorry for Lil Mama when he made her cry.

• Aryanna

Keesh says:

Aryanna says:

R. Kelly’s & H Town’s Station >>

How old are you boo? Future sexy?

LOL.. 22..

• Long Time Lurker

:thinks: Having flashbacks chibytex :rofl:

• Razzle Dazzle Boo

‘Future’ goes in the same category as 2Nex. :yawn:

• luVn_liFe…

@dancerbee :danban1: Hit a STEP!!

• Razzle Dazzle Boo

Bad Influence says:

lets talk about Drakes hair tho..

possibly fingerwaves?
      ————-
      that mofo got a side part in his hair like he :tape: neh-mind

• http://SandraRose.com Keesh

luVn_liFe… says:

VDot says:

Them: So they say you threw a chick out the car.

Them: I thought the case was settled
      ~ ~ ~ ~

VDot someone postd it earlier,They said those Gals Were Scurred

And he was NOT lyin about putting a hit out! That fool use to host parties at a club here, and basically live here when he had that so icey song and…you know what let me shut up

• lovezoe

I don’t know why some artists go on certain radio shows. Who do t Charlamagne messy? And he a **** rider for certain folks, everyone else :no: he will get on Twitter and say this and that about Ashy but won’t say nothing to his Dave

• kingstonn

who is future?

and hey dancer! :yahoo:

• Trendsetter

Future sexy?

I heard that a lot on twiiter last night…maybe it’s me…because honey boo boo I don’t see it

• http://SandraRose.com Keesh

Aryanna says:

Keesh says:

Aryanna says:

R. Kelly’s & H Town’s Station >>

How old are you boo? Future sexy?

LOL.. 22..

Yeah, I can see how you would think he sexy. I hope you having a good time at the age of 22 cause that is the age you suppose to be….nevamind

• Xena68

When they asked him why did he go to Jeezys birthday party if he don’t like him that nicca said because I was fly as phuck I wasn’t gone let a good outfit go to waste Gucci is crazy :hahaha:

• YSoSrs

@LURKER

Get out! :hahaha:

• http://Www.yallaintchit.com Man, I just don’t care™

:yahoo:
      :yahoo:
      :yahoo:
      :yahoo:
      :yahoo:
      :yahoo:
      :yahoo:
      :yahoo:
      :yahoo:

^Wayne’s baby mammas, side pieces, and male boos.

• Roc

:think: Wondering just how many people actually purchase Drake’s songs.

In other news…I actually saw Mitt Romney’s taxes today. He sent a loan through my bank.

• Aryanna

@Keesh

Suppose to be what?? lol

• http://SandraRose.com Keesh

Yeah Drake look like he got a fatback

• Diva

@Dancer :kiss: hey ma…juu made it!!! :woohoo:

• Long Time Lurker

@YSO, see how you caught that? YOU IS WISE!!! :rofl:

• luVn_liFe…

Xena68 says:

~ ~ ~ ~
      :hahaha: Nah that is Funny as hayle!!!! :lol:

• http://SandraRose.com Keesh

I cant…they already clown me about saying certain things. I better not

• Bad Influence

dingbat :smack:

• dancerbee93

@luvn :dance: :danban:

• http://SandraRose.com Keesh

Roc says:

Wondering just how many people actually purchase Drake’s songs.

Do tell, but if you cant I understand

• Bad Influence

I hate Lurker…so much :ghost:

• Long Time Lurker

Bad Influence says:

dingbat

Remind u of anybody?

• kingstonn

@ SANDRA
      google “completely wrong” and see what pops up. :coffee:

• lovezoe

I don’t think Future sexy. :no:

• luVn_liFe…

:danban: SEE I Know you aint the DancerBee for Nothing :danban1:

• Xena68

@ Man all those damn emotes bout to give me a seizure :lol:

• http://www.twitter.com/cocoabana Cocoabana

I hate Man.

• http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhs97yBYZ9rGSCt3MB YOUR NAME HERE!

I’m taking orders for tshirts in here and they all start at 19.99
      The come on a variety of colors
      Bubblicious Pink
      Doublemint Green
      Big Red
      and Trident Layered Look.

Order fast, limited supply!

• YSoSrs

@LURKER

And kind. And impotant. I is alladat. :yahoo:

• Bad Influence

DancahhhBeeee :hug:

• Roc

@ Keesh…they look just like you would expect. He wrote everything off and made $1.5MM last year off speaking engagements.

• kingstonn

OMG. his.. your ass ain’t right for what you posted downstairs! :dead: :ghost:

• Bad Influence

@ShoNuff im gonna order 1 of each…bill me and ship 2 Keesh k?

Welp I don’t listen to neither one of these fools, My station are as follows, Mariah Carey, Hi-Five, New Edition, Nortorious BIG, and Mokenstef
      :tea:

• Bad Influence

por que, Kang?? :lol:

i do nuttin..

• Razzle Dazzle Boo

Xena68 says:

—–
      :rofl: and why did they throw out his plea of insanity??? :rofl:

• luVn_liFe…

@JENIE
      Mokenstef <— Real BLAST From the past!!!! let me YT that song

• YSoSrs

@SHONUFFAINTSHT

I’ll take a Trident Layered look in a Black Large. The African American Large runs too small for my bewbs. :boobs:

• VDot

@Luvn – They were extra scared. Charlamagne straight said I’ve been scared since i found out he really busted those :shotsfired:

• Bad Influence

oooooooh Mokenstef…

‘SEX IN THE RAINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
      just you and me boy..so lets get busyyyyy’

:buttshake:

• dancerbee93

@diva jusss for a minute…gotta get my daily dose

• luVn_liFe…

VDot says:
      ~ ~ ~ ~

Girl U Just made me HOLLLER!!!

• Bad Influence

:dead: @ Yso…

i’ll take a “im not going back to the strip club steebie” medium…i wanna match with YSO

Who said that Chiby shyt? Yall aint shyt!

• http://SandraRose.com Keesh

Bad Influence says:

@ShoNuff im gonna order 1 of each…bill me and ship 2 Keesh k?

cute but Im sure they will be just fine on your back

• VDot

Xena68 says:

__________________________________________

He said Did yall see my instagram photo, I was fly as phuck :hahaha:

That nucca crazy! He don’t give a fugg. With his ugly azz.

luVn_liFe… says:

@JENIE
      Mokenstef <— Real BLAST From the past!!!! let me YT that song

That station be jamming too :yes:

• lovezoe

:newpost: Beyonce shade

• VDot

Who is ShoNuff? I’ve heard that “reference” before :thinking:

• NaijaGal

that interview made me :heart: Gucci :rofl:

• Bad Influence

@Keesh, i got those 2 cover ur nice build that u said u have…altho we aint see the pic yet…im considerate dawg…u being all ungrateful n shyt *lip quiver*

• Diva

dancerbee93 says:

@diva jusss for a minute…gotta get my daily dose

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      smh you see it’s on and POPPING. *no pun intended :dead:

• Diva

Bad Influence says:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      :chase:

• kingstonn

*throws frozen hot dogs @ His*

• sassyshe

Sandra Pandora president released that statement to urge listeners to help pass a bill that would greatly reduce what they have to pay artists

• Bad Influence

KINGSTONN :ghost:

dnt hit my chest please :no:

• luVn_liFe…

sassyshe says
      ~ ~ ~ ~
      Is that what that Email titled HELP was about :think: I straight deleted it,i thought they wanted money :shrug:

• http://dawnsheen.blogspot.com/ Min Min Sheen (The artist formally kwn as Dawn Sheen)

I heard artist like Ciara, Dawn Richards, Ace Hood, send monthly payments to Pandora to play their music but I saw that Ciara’s check bounced so ****’s about to get real.

• http://gravatar.com/msloloyolo MsLolo

VDot says:

Who is ShoNuff? I’ve heard that “reference” before

80’s movie “The Last Dragon”. He’s the meanest, until Bruce Leroy is on the scene.

• http://www.philly.com/ J Said it!

uncle luke wants his cut.. diddy and frenchie . pop that!!!!

• Audacious2

:shocked: Tim is making the $crilla.

Wow, I met him & his gal pal from 10yrs. ago, had dinner with them. I remember how passionate Tim was about promoting underground musicians who didn’t get the airtime in mainstream like some artist. I remember when all his staff 24+ friends were all ‘volunteering’ to make Pandora a success. I’m so happy for him, because he’s a real down to earth cool dude.