Update: Police arrest 2 teens who shot baby in stroller

Sherry West

Update: Police arrested two teens suspected of shooting and killing a 1-year-old toddler in his stroller in Brunswick (GA) Thursday morning.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that police arrested the 2 teens Friday afternoon, after scouring school absentee records for their names.

Seventeen-year-old De’Marquis Elkins is charged as an adult with first-degree murder, along with a 14-year-old who was not identified because he is a juvenile, Police Chief Tobe Green told the AJC.

Sherry West

The teens approached Sherry West Friday morning at 9:15 a.m. near her rented house in a quiet residential neighborhood. West said one of the teens demanded money from her.

“He asked me for money and I said I didn’t have it,” she said. “When you have a baby, you spend all your money on babies. They’re expensive. And he kept asking and I just said ‘I don’t have it.’ And he said, ‘Do you want me to kill your baby?’ And I said, ‘No, don’t kill my baby!’”

She said the older boy fired a shot into the ground from a handgun, but she didn’t see the gun eject a shell so she believed it was a toy gun.

He then fired a shot past her head. The bullet grazed her ear leaving a small bruise. The teen fired 4 shots in all. One bullet hit her in the leg.

“The boy proceeded to go around to the stroller and he shot my baby in the face,” she said. “And then he just shoved me when I started screaming and he ran down London Street with the little boy.”

Antonio’s father, Luis Santiago, (pictured above with West) said he wished he could have been there to protect his family.
“He was special,” Santiago said. “He had the bluest, bluest eyes.”

West also lost her 18-year-old son, Shaun Glassey, to violence in New Jersey in 2008.

“He and some other boys were going to ambush a kid,” Bernie Weisenfeld, a spokesman for the Gloucester County prosecutor’s office, told the AP Friday.

One of the boys disarmed Glassey, who had a knife, and turned the knife on him. The 17-year-old who stabbed Glassey in self-defense was not charged.

64 Responses to “Update: Police arrest 2 teens who shot baby in stroller”

A.J. says:

Well do not check nobody’s school. They may be holding someone up rat-now. Try Dunkin’ Donuts.

lovezoe says:

I hope they catch those kids. I also ask for forgiveness for thinking this was a Susan Smith.

LadieLeo says:

Brunswick is right up the street so its all over our news in Jax. When I saw that broad was doing an interview at 10 last night I was like yeah right :tea:

NaijaGal says:

like I said, I don’t buy her story…we gone shoot you in the leg but make sure the baby is dead, yeah ok…and when the truth comes out that she killed her baby I’ll be saying “I knew it”

that_VA_thickchick says:

I can’t with this post. Too sad.

(from downstairs)

LadieLeo says:

NaijaGal says:

You think she was in there whispering and with Prince Akeem aka Ricky Bobby?
    =================
    but I ain’t one to gossip so you ain’t heard it from me

**********************************
    Mr. I’d never in my whole life never, Mr. I never in my whole life never? I wouldn’t give it up to that waste of a sin. I like nassie This guy I’ve been messing with on and off for 20 years.
    You sound like Kenya Caramel Blu Rain with the off and on :hump: :lol: I need me an off and on. It sounds like I’m missing out.

libra80sbaby says:

IF this is legit, find them mufuggas..if not burn her mufuggin azz :yes:

that_VA_thickchick says:

NaijaGal says:

It’s sad that we live in such a sick world that we could even find something like this feasible. But it definitely sounds fishy. Blame Susan Smith AND Casey Anthony.

Bella770 says:

Some of these hoodrat bytches need to learn how to swallow instead of producing these no good azz chirren!!!!!

:no:

NaijaGal says:

Def Susan Smith…she started that foolishness…at least the woman didn’t say it was a black man, just black teens

The woman who is recovering from her leg wound, told police she tried to shield her baby but the armed robbers shoved her aside and shot the child.
    ~ ~ ~
    IDK :think:
    Even Now with my SON 18,I would do all i can to PROTECT him,if he’s getting stabbed I am TOO.

LadieLeo says:

You sound like Kenya Caramel Blu Rain with the off and on I need me an off and on. It sounds like I’m missing out.

****************************
    He’s never been and off and on love interest just an off on…..but when we first met we were in high school. He graduated went to the military so we’d see each other when he came home. That lasted for like 5 years than a 13 year gap and one day he hit me up on fb. That was like 3 years ago. So on occassion we get together to say hey :yes: . Then errbody goin bout their business. But although I’m Petty Officer he is King of Petty….he mad cause the light bright boys fell off so he get to feeling himself. He is such a pretty boy but ooh so nassie :yes:
    I ain’t talked to PA since Monday.

LadieLeo says:

NaijaGal says:

**********************
    :dead:

lovezoe says:

NAIJA- I felt the same way when I read it. I so hope that’s not it

MsOnederful says:

NaijaGal says:

I agree something sounds very suspicious here…It’s going to come out. SMH

SouthernPrincess says:

This sounds so fishy to me. #1 9:15 in a residential neighborhood? No one heard or saw anything? People should have been going to school or work
    #2 why is there no description of the shooters? 3 can a child really push you that hard 4 why did she just put her hand over her baby 5 did she have a purse visible?

If some kids did this I hope they never see daylight again. Prison for life.

If she did this she should have a firing squad shot her ass in the middle of downtown

that_VA_thickchick says:

LadieLeo says:

****************************
    He’s never been and off and on love interest just an off on…..but when we first met we were in high school. He graduated went to the military so we’d see each other when he came home. That lasted for like 5 years than a 13 year gap and one day he hit me up on fb. That was like 3 years ago. So on occassion we get together to say hey . Then errbody goin bout their business. But although I’m Petty Officer he is King of Petty….he mad cause the light bright boys fell off so he get to feeling himself. He is such a pretty boy but ooh so nassie
    I ain’t talked to PA since Monday.
    Well *clutches pearls* My Word!

Crickett says:

Why the death stroller Sandra? These are the kids of the Metro Mart hoodrats in a couple of years- no emotions with dead hearts.

This sounds like a domestic incident. I’m always suspicious when one person is killed and another person has a superficial injury. That doesn’t add up. :no:

SouthernPrincess says:

Exactly. No one heard screaming or shooting in a quiet, residential neighborhood at that time of the morning? :blink:

Atypical says:

Smdh….And no I don’t buy her, they shot me in the leg and my baby in the head story..What was the purpose? Why leave the person who can identify/testify against you alive? If you’re talking about some goons, thats what goons do… Kill everybody. ..I would like to see how this plays out because I call bull$^it…

Miany says:

19 Sandra Rose says:
    ^^ It does Not add up at all……walking way witha grazed leg meanwhile that baby died… :wtf: folk dont just drop the babies at a fire station.
    :hello: Sandra, Crickett, that_VA, Southern Princess, MsOne, Lovezoe, Ladie Leo, Naija, Luvn, Bella, Libra, A.J. Good morning yall!!! Happy Friday :party:

Yeah I just GooGled SHERRY WEST,that Bish is 300lbs!You mean to tell me those young boys wer able to push her away from SaviNg her baby . .
    Nawwh THis SpriTe needs more people!

MIANY :happy: HeY Love :blink: yestday u changed ur handle to Miss Mainy??

NaijaGal says:

MIANY :hug: now us average citizens aren’t buying her chit so I’m sure the police are building up a case against her as we font

NaijaGal says:

yestday u changed ur handle to Miss Mainy??
    =================
    *whispers* no that’s another poster LUV

Miany says:

Atypical says:
    Why leave the person who can identify/testify against you alive?
    ^^^ Yup…it’s some male cow feces goin on round here… smdh..One reason they leave the person who can testify against them alive cuz that’s the person who hired em..

LadieLeo says:

Morning Miany, Go DJ :buttshake:

Morning :kiss: NaijaGal says:yestday u changed ur handle to Miss Mainy??
    =================
    *whispers* no that’s another poster<–REAllY *stankFace* Oh i was talking to that person yestday :wtf:

libra80sbaby says:

:offtopic: Sandra…I think you may need to put Monica Brown on “preggers watch.” :yes:

iyonah says:

Special place for these two :rolleyes:

Miany says:

NaijaGal says:
    yestday u changed ur handle to Miss Mainy??
    =================
    *whispers* no that’s another poster LUV
    ^^^ :hug: Luvn, Naija….Naija, yup popo~~~> :gossip: the minute they completed her report. I know we gotta Miss Miami Luvn. I havent e-met Miss Mainy as of yet.

MsOnederful says:

:waves: Miany :cheers:

Miany says:

@libra…. :) I think I like Monica just a bit more than auntie does.. lol… I hope she is preggo and happy and I hope her and SB continue to grow their beautiful blended family

Pickachu Tran says:

:yawn: She lying…anyway ITS FRIDAY BISHES :party:

:tea; Lord have mercy :no: Morning everyone :tea:

@Mainy,No it wasnt Ms Miami, :pc: LemmeSEE

What is wrong with these children :no:

Miany says:

Ladie Leo :danban1:
    MsOnederful :koolaid3: <~~~ I have a feeling this will be me tonight.. Take one look at a wet willie's cup then I'm gonna DIIIIIIVE IN!!

AllNYC says:

MONSTERS!!

I have been watching Selena yt videos all morning and have been over :sad: I really like Selena, I remember loving her music when I was young and didn’t even know the words :no: always the good ones dying :crying:

that_VA_thickchick says:

Listening to Just Timberlake’s new CD. See THIS is how you make more mature music and hold on to your fan base at the same time. OH AND AND ANNND he took a dayum break instead of constantly cramming nonsense down our throats.

SHADE THROWN

lovezoe says:

****************************

We’re going to have to go to the corner together because it damn sure entered my mind. It always makes me uneasy when one person gets a flesh wound and the other gets a bullet to the head.

that_VA_thickchick says:

*Justin

Nakeya_j says:

SHADE THROWN
    ——
    Throwing shade early I see. It’s noted. lol.

Nakeya_j says:

SHADE THROWN
    ——
    Throwing shade early I see. It’s noted. lol.

:thinking: :thinking: :nono: She a lie and the truth aint in her.

Winner, winner :chickenhead: dinner… what she got to do with it? :cry: lololol

Miany says:

:hi: Nakeya, OTB, Bird, AllNYC, iyonah Good Morning ladies…

Miany :hi: Morting. :newpost: up.

that_VA_thickchick says:

Hey Ya’ll!

keya :lol:

OTB
    Miany
    Bird
    Jenie :HUG:
    MsOne
    Pickachu

Miany says:

I’ve been hearing a lot about JT’s cd…I really wasnt even gonna give it a listen but….some dummy got me an ipad this week soooo I guess I’ll put this free spotify demo to use.

Nakeya_j says:

—-
    Wish I knew a dummy to buy me one :( Let me know if the album is good

MsOnederful says:

Awwww hey Va booo :waves: and miany you better not get sloshed like a fish this weekend Missy!!! N if you do do it in the privacy of your own crib..that way you won’t have to worry about getting home from being out and about and half drunk lol

Lord have mercy… RIP Baby.

As someone who has been robbed at gun point, that is a scary thing! I would hope that she wouldn’t have created this :no: smh!

I think the police can tell easily with people’s behavior, there’s a certain way victim act/react. So if she is involved, I’m certain they will discover it :tea: Not judging her, she just lost her baby :tea: and I can’t imagine how she feels…

lola says:

Not Glynn County! I go there to get away from cook county. :pray: for my people

aqtpie says:

They arrested the teens that allegedly killed this baby. SMH!!!

Nhere says:

SouthernPrincess says:

I don’t know too many kids 13-15 or 10 years old that are that hard up for cash. Most parents or other relatives take care of the essentials so what else she got? While y’all are giving her the side eye watch the dad too. Sorry but why is fernando hung up on blue eyes and your baby is gone?

Nhere says:

The plot thickens. This story just took a sharp left and the pictures didn’t help.

But whose-in-ever responsible for this needs to go down.

Neighbors called police when they heard the gunshots. The AJC didn’t tell the whole story. I feel sorry for thinking that woman killed her son. :(

Starr says:

Sandra, I thought the same thing, and i do feel bad that I was skeptical of this woman story. The fact that I was hearing conflicting stories about what happened didn’t help either. Sad world we living in these days.

Sakeena says:

This is awful :( I feel bad thinking she killed her baby.

JJSPLAYHOUSE says:

I’m from Savannah, which is 40 minutes from Hinesville, this has been on the news several times daily,but something just ain’t right about this story. It sounds like a drug deal gone wrong to me. It’s sad either way.

msimserious says:

Auntie we need another update, I saw where the Mother’s daughter has come forward to say she doesn’t believe her story! Also, per the daughter, the mother has mental issues and she called her the same night asking about the life insurance policy.