Ashanti Shows Off New Hairdo

Ashanti new hairstyle

Former R&B singer Ashanti has a lot of time on her hands nowadays. Yesterday she posted photos of her new hairstyle on her official Instagram page. What makes her new ‘do so unique is that her hair is growing from her scalp. That’s right: Ashanti does not wear weave! Hopefully Ashanti will inspire other women to burn their lacefront wigs and extensions. Real hair looks so sexy and mature on a woman.

Ashanti new hairstyle

Photos: Ashanti’s Instragram

40 Responses to “Ashanti Shows Off New Hairdo”

Such A F'n Lady says:

Cute hair! Looks much better than that mess she was wearing :coffee:

LSLH d/b/a Amber Rose's Scalp says:

I like her hair. Nice.

This is cute….. but I guess bobs are in :tea:

That’s right: Ashanti does not wear weave!

Sandra Sandra Sandra :tea:

scorpio says:

Beyonce?

New hair DO! what abour her FACE??/ :blink:
    What da fugg did she do to it?

The Master Beta :D says:

Cute

Such A F'n Lady says:

That’s right: Ashanti does not wear weave!
    __________________________________

How we know she don’t have a track or two in her head though? :waits:

2know the ledge excuses are for the weak says:

always thought ashanti was sexy AF. real hair is so a turn on for me love when a woman rocks her natural hair. lawd have mercy

MsB2u says:

I LIKE THIS STYLE ON HER

I like it. I wonder if that’s all her. If it’s a weave it is very well done.

Afiya says:

She looks a lot like Sanaa Lathan. Style is cute.

Everyone said it!

:crying1: We always been a bunch of liars..
    ————————

I left something for my fellow poster downstairs

deedeegirl says:

Ashanti does wear a weave sometimes (and a bad one too). But her hair looks adorable, she looks younger and very fresh.

I like this look on Ashanti. But that does not mean she isn’t wearing a weave.

Sandra, you do know some people wear extensions to get a more fuller look instead of length right? :tea:

Diva says:

That hairstyle looks great on her.

Bishy nucca’s are not the bitness! :coffee:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

I :heart: it. She looks great. Much improved over that long weave/wig combo she was wearing :applause:

Everything would be on point, but whoever did her brows did not know what they were doing :no: Her left brow got forgotten about :rofl: #aintmyfault

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

sets out of office greeting*
    I will check in with ya’ll a little bit later. Gotta run some errands :steer:

Caramel Rain says:

@ Man, you are indeed a very handsome man. And it’s always the the ugly people call people ugly :wink:
    ————
    :ghost:

You know you just called him ugly right?

I like her necklace. I’d wear it with a suit and nothing else, that’s all I’ve got on this one… :tea:

She looks great.

Her left brow got forgotten about

Whas wrong with her iBrowse? *squints* They supposed to be sisters not twins. They cute. :hater:

:heart: Ashanti :heart:

Always been my boo! :yes:

I like her necklace. I’d wear it with a suit and nothing else

:nun: :heart: :suitedandbooted:

OTB, you’on think they forgot to take off the some of the left brow? (her left) :thinking:

It’s supposed to line up with ‘the corner of your eye’. Her right one is perfect :shrug:

Hershey says:

Surely she posted a video proving this hair grows from her scalp, Sandra will update this post later proving she’s weaveless, otherwise I like her plain jane flat wrap weave :coffee:

Caramel Rain says:

Ashanti is very pretty. I love this cut on her.. Me thinks I will get a bob for the fall that’s tapered in the back. Halle Berry back and Ashanti front

If’n MingLee sent me back out into the street with them brows :mad:

@CARAMEL
    “Man, you are indeed a very handsome man. And it’s always the the ugly people call people ugly”

Thanks babe! :hugs:

God will reward you for your honesty.

Don’t worry, I don’t let these hatin hoes get to me. I know they hatin on me cause they lonely… prolly fat and hungry too. :yes:

Her left brow got forgotten about

:disagree:
    They should be as close to thee same as possible :rules:

Hershey says:

I wonder if Drake did her brows, they look familiar :blink:

Caramel Rain says:

:buttshake: Pop that Razzle Dazzle Dazzle! :buttshake: Shake that Razzle Dazzle Dazzle! says:

Caramel Rain says:

————

You know you just called him ugly right?

***********************

Ummmmmm…. Razz! I didnt mean to. :ashamed: I was giving him a compliment. Guess it went wrong, lost in translation.. IDK. I just cant get right.

Man, take my comment in the best way :yes:

:newpost: On a pillow booty :newpost:

aaron says:

This is my favorite go to hair style. I love it at any length.

Caramel Rain says:

Thanks babe!

God will reward you for your honesty.

*****************
    :yes: @ Man, You know you look good and your women know this also! That’s why you be fighting them hoes off. Let the hate roll off your back like water on a duck. :)

Leslie says:

Very pretty! She looks older and mature.

GottaBigOne says:

MA GURL Ashanti!!!

She Always Rockin’ a Hairdo SO Good that until this Day I don’t know if she wore wigs or NOT!
    (If she do or has worn a weave she must go where Ms. Halle Berry go ’cause the only reason why I know that Ms. Berry wears a weave is because her hair is short (Most of the Time).
    I ALWAYS say IF a Sistah or anyone else gonna wear weave and/or extensions SAVE up your money and buy one that Looks really Natural or Real!
    (The whole purpose of wearing someone’s else’s scalp is so that someone CANNOT tell it’s someone else’s scalp!!!)

Also re: Ms. Ashanti: The other day THAT other (Gossip) blog included her on the list of singers who cannot sing!
    WELL! Ms. Ashanti MUST have been put on same By Mistake ’cause this young woman can BLOW. Y’all check out the Youtube video where she does a medley of two of Whitney Houston’s tunes – - LIVE!
    She Done GOOD!

GBO

Sandra, Ashanti ALWAYS wears weaves. Nut just because entertainers wear weaves and wigs, doesn’t mean they don’t have a nice length of natural healthy hair. They are actually doing their own hair justice by protecting it from the regular wear and tear of day to day maintenance :smile: