Cafeteria Worker Arrested for Stealing $1M

Brenda Watts A former cafeteria manager for the Fulton County public school system was arrested and charged with allegedly embezzling more than $1 million from the school cafeteria where she worked, AJC.com reports.

Channel 2 investigative reporter Richard Belcher broke the story last spring when a former cafeteria worker leaked information about the embezzlement scheme to Channel 2 News.

Former cafeteria manager Brenda Watts is accused of running a cash only food line inside North Springs High School cafeteria in North Fulton County.

She allegedly pocketed $500 in cash per day from the cafeteria over 15 to 20 years.

Watts, who retired from her job one day after Belcher’s report ran, had worked for the school system for 26 years.

Brenda Watts Belcher said the total amount of money possibly stolen over 15 years adds up to more than $1.3 million.

The whistleblower, Beth Walsh, provided Action News with video from inside the North Springs High School cafeteria. The video shows four food lines — all of which had cash registers to keep track of the money. But one food line stood alone — a blue cart that sold a-la-carte food items for cash only. There was no cash register to track the cash transactions.

Belcher asked Walsh how long the cafeteria manager operated the a-la-carte line. “At least 15 years. Up to maybe 20,” Walsh said.

Fulton County school police obtained 10 arrest warrants for Watts, who apparently spent some of her ill-gotten proceeds on a 5-bedroom, 5400 sq. ft. house in south DeKalb County.

No one answered the door when Belcher stopped at the home for a comment on his news report. Moments later, the garage door opened and a Mercedes Benz pulled out and drove away from the residence.

Walsh, the whistleblower, was fired but she said she doesn’t regret turning in her former boss.

“You know, just, if you feel like something’s going on, look into it. You could be wrong. But if you’re right, you’re doing the right thing,” Walsh said.

105 Responses to “Cafeteria Worker Arrested for Stealing $1M”

deedeegirl says:

Im wondering how they are going to be able to prove this. without a paper trail, they’re just guessing right?

MsB2u says:

Well that jail cell will be a big down grade from the house I’m looking at in that picture

LSLH says:

I see she didn’t invest any of it in her hair.

rwilliams4782 says:

Damn I need to work there lol

She looks MADDD in that picture :rofl:

But :thinking: what does embezzling $1M get about 2-3 yrs in jail. Or does it depend? :shrug: Where’s Esq for her O? :lol:

JuanHustle says:

My free and reduced lunch self always wondered what was with the wonders of that a la carte line. All the scrumptious selections.

Spinderella lookin azz

rwilliams4782 says:

Ole cece peniston lookin azz

The a-la-carte line is a huge scam that’s been going on in schools for years. I bet she was able to get away with it for so long because she gave kick backs to higher ups. That’s why they fired the whistleblower. :coffee:

i :heart: sandrarose time warner can kiss my puppylove says:

Mean ass lunch lady

i :heart: sandrarose time warner can kiss my puppylove says:

Can’t the whistle blower sue them for unlawful termination

deedeegirl says:

This woman looks nothing like CeCe Penniston. I know her too, LOL!

FuturedocDonte says:

Can’t the whistle blower sue them for unlawful termination
    —-
    It depends… Did she get fired cuz she whistle blew or did she whistle blow because she got fired :thinking:

MsB2u says:

<–Doesn't Talk To Strangers says:

She looks MADDD in that picture
    But what does embezzling $1M get about 2-3 yrs in jail. Or does it depend? Where’s Esq for her O?
    ————————
    She is mad……MAD she got caught :hahaha:

I bet the kids knew :hahaha: this is so funny to me..rougish bitch. Helmet hair having ass..she stole it. And she stole the pump it up formula too.

Dont she look like she took home the leftover snacks? :hahaha: im willing to bet she got a chubby ass kid or granbaby in that house :yes:

Deedee you know this this woman :blink: or Cece. Please say cece cause this lady :hide: your purse

FuturedocDonte says:

Dont she look like she took home the leftover snacks? im willing to bet she got a chubby ass kid or granbaby in that house

She the neighborhood candy lady :yes:

Sunkissed404 says:

Wow…smh

i :heart: sandrarose time warner can kiss my puppylove says:

She was fresh out the shop when they picked her up. She thought she was :nun:

So kids bought that much worth of snacks that u didn’t miss 500

Jahvonna says:

@rwilliams4782…I was thinking the same thing. How much was this al-la-carte making a day or how big was the student population.

datsmdubya2u says:

dang a la carte line… :thinking: must’ve had better stuff than the regular line i guess.

And sandy is right no way she did this for 15 20 years without higher ups knowing and grifting from this enterprise. They had their hands out period..

deedeegirl says:

hahaha, I know Cece.

folks just do the right thing! Damn :tea:

Yeah CeCe Penniston was a Miss Black something. Arizona? Idr.

But it was inside that this bish up top cried though.

Bye.

Keep on walking she aint talking….

pointhimout says:

I’ll be damned. This heffa ran a hustle for 15-20 years? The whistle-blower must have been kicked out the hustle or something. Just wow. And she’s one of those people you ask what she does for a living, but her lifestyle doesn’t add up to what the average salary pays (for this type work). I don’t count folks money, but aint that many trust funds or own business success in the world to explain that huge home and her making, at best, $15 an hour. Amazing. More reason why I don’t throw shade when a see how a person’s living, but mainly, I don’t clap like a seal either.

You never know how or what folks did to get all they have. SMH.

pointhimout says:

@9 – ok, so the whistle blower was kicked out the circle

@12 – why is that funny? u crazy. I’d probably laugh too if I knew someone who was doing somethign crazy like this and living it up, but gets caught.

pointhimout says:

oooooh u know cece peniston. got it now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    :think: HER SUPERIORS Allowed her to do that. :tea: they’re Just as GUILTY!

BRENDA Watts is gonna be on the stand like NINO BROWN, “This is bigger than Me!”
    pointing mofos out.

also the Whistleblower Will Be paid nicely. file her whistle blower lawsuit, she’ll be whistling while she twerKs :whistle:

:facepalm: BIEBS was just arrested on MIAMI BCH for drag racing and failing a BreathayZer :smack:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

I bet DTTS set this whole scheme up. A plan to get more food? Dawg COME ON!! This has her paws all over here. Where does this this lady live Dallas??? :rofl:
    No but for real 15 years? Everybody knew what was going on with this.

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Justin Biber is going to jail or to an early grave trying to be down :no:

rwilliams4782 says:

Morninnnnnn *tips hat like mister from color purple*

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Morning RWill :hi: You sure you ain’t tip your hat like Charlie Wilson. It’s boring and lame here at work. Everybody is whispering and gossiping about our reorg. I don’t wanan talk about to no mo :no: And my baby is sick. But alas the struggles of being grown. I have to attend these meetings.

You go on keep on :whistle: you can just go on walk on keep on… :whistle: I know I know…. I know it’s just too late :danban: Cede was my chick, I was young jamming to her in single digits :yes: on video soul

Info Cece moves on the Sean T :danban: oh yes

I do :smack: Lord knows I hate touch screens :crying1:

rwilliams4782 says:

Oh I’m on my way to this cycling class….I’m unemployed lol

rwilliams4782 says:

I heard cece and Tracy Spencer roommates..

Morning SANDRA ROSE I see u BLocked me on twitter :rolleyes:

:wave: rlwilliams,MISTAKE, Jenie Morning.

rwilliams4782 says:

Lol damn… she got blocked… morning tho

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Jenie when I phone post it auto predicts what I am going to type. Why does my phone try to put byke in my messages and emails now? I was replying to a work email and it said :I will be byke into the office :facepalm:

free says:

luVn_liFe… says: HER SUPERIORS Allowed her to do that. :tea: they’re Just as GUILTY!

******************************

Chile I’m still not good with that auto predict thing either :no: sometimes I don’t pay attention when the words pop up…. I be so into typing :lol: They need t o bring sidekickt back :crying: Ivwas straight roasting folks on my side kick…… :karate: <<<me whipping my side kick out like a switch blade….. :typing:

Luvyn :rofl: what u do :ghost: Sandra cut throat :rofl:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Luvie what did you say? :lol: You was being a nuisance?
    So when I replied on SR earlier I did it from my work PC. Why my new boss walk up on me and ask me how Taken2 was since I left early. I saw him look at my screen twice. So he is one of those :rolleyes: I gotta keep the minimize/paper shuffle on point with him.

jeniefrumdabloc says: what u do :ghost: Sandra cut throat :rofl:
    :shrug:
    I have NO CLUE Jenaaay, I havent been on the TWIITER IN AWHILE OR reallY tweet. . .

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Jenir was going in :typing: on that sidekick? :hahaha: I was so proficient with my blackberry. Those were the days :wails:

This child in this dentist office had no kind of training :nono: get somewhere and sit that add down dank…. Climbing on shyt screaming… Yelling….. :cuss:

cteastcoast says:

Good morning everyone :yawn:

Sandrita Plays TOO Much, Sandra ur WAYYY To Sensitive to be a blogger
    :tea: Just sayiNg, iluvYAgirl :kona:

Laws the touchscreen fugd my comment all up :facepalm:

EastCoast :hi: HEllo

cteastcoast says:

It’s hard to believe that in 15yrs nobody noticed this blue cart and not know it was NOT apart of the reg lunch specials

kamadiva says:

:hi: Morning, All!

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Luvie maybe she was cleaning house and got rid of people who don’t tweet much. You think it was an honest misTAKE? <she what I did there :tea:

jeniefrumdabloc says:Laws the touchscreen fugd my comment all up
    ~~~~~~~~~

*See
    And that folks is why I hate to phone post

misTAKE IONo :shrug: Im NOT really much concerned. Me/Hubby tweet and interact from the same handle AGAiN :shrug:

Morning CT :yes: <head nod for now till I get to know you :lol:

<— lOOK At this Guy

Taken Chile you get cussed on a sidekick, :typing: I talking paragraphss and all. :rofl: Now u doing good to get a complete sentence…. Folks getting a bunch of acronyms from my tail Chile…. It’s to much with these tough screens

Yes they are TOUGH screens :lol:

Cussed out :facepalm: That was suppose to be cussed out :smack:

Damn this I will font when I get work ….. :facepalm:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

:rofl: it keeps getting worse when you try to correct it! I know what you mean. Shoot I do it ALL the time. Is it time to go home yet? :yawn:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

:bye: Jenie. I guess I will see if I can listen to music and work. I don’t know how much they new dude is going to keep coming up behind me. The next few weeks are transitional so I will give him a pass

Miany says:

:waves: morning y all
    :goodpost: <~~~ really says fugg the police! Get u a lawyer sista :rofl:

Miany says:

So c milian fiancé daddy is on the radio right now. ..I see why Cristina Millian is datin dis dude :tea:

@MIAny :hug: hey huney, why is she dating him,they RISSh?

by Miany on Jan 23, 2014 at 8:35 am
    ———-
    Is she still engaged? She is really one of those that I just cannot remember stuff about. Sad but true. And why is she dating him? He got plenty money??? :lol:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

I feel like this peach and fruit herbal tea is running right through me :oops:

Miany says:

:hug: Luvn, Mistaken….dude & hos daddy discovered drake…PLUS daddy money seem long & he seem like an og.. just the feeling I got off his slow talkin azz…he used to run rap a lot records I believe

rwilliams4782 says:

Yall see where draya put on twitter that she doesn’t want anyone’s I got someone else pregnant proposal. .only ring she wants now is a nuvaring

Yea he got long money..

rwilliams4782 says:

He isn’t cute but his coinage makes it better

RLWilliams :lol: Good for DraYa

MiaNY wow he discovered Drake :tea:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

So this dude proposed to his girl underwater… While snorkeling … With a sign… She was so shocked she gasped and swallowed water… And almost died :hahaha:

:haha: This bish and you had the Nerve to have a nice house WITH a Mercedes :phew: You not living that good off of Cafeteria pay

————–
    A Proposal to…die for? :lol:

rwilliams4782 says:

That’s some phuck chit. .folks doin too much..remember that guy proposed and the ring fell when he tried to get it he fell off a cliff …Some chit like that

————-
    The fact that she felt the need to say that…lets us know she wants a ring :tea: Gon somewhere tweety

sassyshe says:

@luvn yeah daddy discovered drake cause jas and drake were friends, sold him to cash money for finders fee and 30% for life then turned around and sued cashmoney because those negros dont like to give royalties. Thats hw drake and them gt his royalties from bird man and they still collecting I think its like 15-20% of all music drake makes

Miany says:

:rofl: proposal to die for
    Ion know bout that million dollar figure tho. ..I’m thinking she csn beat the case…less they got her on tape stealing7 REGULARLY or unless they got paper trails showing short inventory

Miany says:

:yes: Sassy dude insinuated that he had to muscle cash Money to make sure contract was signed in his presence then had to make sure he got his exec producer credits on the second album cuz they initially left him off :lol: dude don’t play bout money.

man DAYUM it’s :cold:

Karlie Redd still with cash money? :tea:

A Proposal to…die for?
    ————-
    Oh the irony :rofl:
    Ugh…. I am trying to talk to the one of the new people I supervise and the other one keeps lurking around :rolleyes: She said HEY MY NEW BOSS. Hoe.sit.down. I hate phony people. I know she was mad when they told her. She is older and a pank toe. Well both of them are pank toes…

Miany says:

Bieber need to sit the fugg diwn somewhere. ..this don’t look like it’ll end well. Hope he got millions put up somewhere cuz this look like the beginning of the end

i just watched the BIEBER vid . . . when he was pulled over those Females were all in the driver wndows with cameras, NO REGARD to the police.
    :smack:
    MoFos are Kray KRAY

Miany says:

:yahoo: congrats Mistaken…we got promoted? :biggrin:
    LUVN…LIKE WHYYY it gotta be this cold? :cold:

sassyshe says:

@mainy he did those some ole school gangstas I think they came up with scarface so they have that old school clout and all the time they were fighting with birdman jay was tryna steal drake but they clipped those wings too

———–
    :biggrin: Those be the ones watching :tea: Watch that A$%

Beaver turning into Britney spears

MIAny
    fortunately for the BIEBS i think he still has alot of string left. Those sprites love HIM :tea:

U know they media/labels will put up with alot of stuff from these “CELEBS” as long as they continue to Pull in the revenue. BIEBS does

kamadiva says:

Cafeteria Lady had the hustle down!!

Justin is on a the fast track to distruction!

rwilliams4782 says:

That’s why I feel you need to be 18 for record deals when u been in the game since 15 you run outta chit to do…

libra80sbaby says:

:facepalm: Lernch ladies scammin the churren. Lordt I done seent it all

kamadiva says:

forgive me – distruction should be DESTRUCTION!

kamadiva says:

What about Vince Young filing for Chapter 11 – states he only has $500K in assests but $10Mil in Liabilities. He made over $25Mil in his short NFL career. NFL needs to send these men to financial planning classes!