Doctors Discover Gold Mine in Woman’s Knees

Doctors Discover Gold Mine in Woman's Knees

A 65-year-old South Korean woman went to a doctor complaining of severe joint pain after receiving dozens of acupuncture treatments. When the doctor examined her X-rays he saw hundreds of acupuncture needles left behind in the soft tissue of her knees.

The unnamed woman was diagnosed with osteoarthritis, a common cause of debilitating pain and stiffness in the knee joints caused by worn cartilage.

Doctors usually prescribe Tylenol®, Non-steroidal antiinflammatory drugs NSAIDS (e.g. Motrin®, Advil®, Aleve®), and narcotic painkillers to treat the pain.

But when conventional medicine failed to alleviate her pain, the woman turned to acupuncture sessions for relief.

In acupuncture treatment, needles are used to relieve pain and other physical ailments by supposedly stimulating certain points in the body.

There is little scientific evidence to suggest that acupuncture works. Acupuncture provides a placebo effect for people who desperately want to believe the treatments work.

In the woman’s case, the needles, presumably made of gold, were left behind in the soft tissue for continued stimulation, Yahoo News reports.

Dr. Ali Guermazi, a professor of radiology at Boston University, cautions against leaving acupuncture needles inside the body. Needles are considered foreign objects and may trigger the body’s defenses to attack and form scar tissue around the objects. This could lead to inflammation, abscess, infection and more pain.

It could also make it hard for a doctor to read an X-ray. “The needles may obscure some of the anatomy,” Guermazi said.

“The human body wants to get rid of the foreign object,” Guermazi said.

“The patient can’t go into an MRI because needles left in the body may move, and damage an artery.”

57 Responses to “Doctors Discover Gold Mine in Woman’s Knees”

Thank you Sandra for finally allowing me to register. Now that I am here, where do I sign up for the SR rent assistance program :think: says:

Wow. Doctors once found a meal worm living in the soft tissue of my brain. We don’t know how it got there, but it increased my IQ score by several points. I was all set to join Mensa before they removed it. Damn Obama care :mad:

Trendsetter says:

:blink:

That’s crazy :no:

MisTaken :cell: The Black Mamba says:

Ok so this weirds me out.. like little worms :hurl:

and they left a gang of them shyts in her leg :rofl: :rofl:

LadieLeo says:

Shoulda used Robitussin :tea:

______

Dissenting…

rwilliams4782 says:

Some chunky legs

rwilliams4782 says:

Her xray looks like a scratch Madea play DVD

she got some thick ass thighs tho. :thumbsup: gone head den mama

So will they be removed :thinking: that will probably take forever …. :no:

Shoulda used Robitussin

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Could put some Vicks Vapor Rub on em. Ray Charles mama put some in the form of some “sass” in his eyes and he was perfectly fine.

Shoulda used Robitussin :tea:

Windex. :tea:

I rad this yesterday and didnt get the conclusion out of it

LadieLeo says:

Shoulda used Robitussin

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

*************************************
    yep he was able to :spank: and didn’t need to see so maybe the vicks opened up his nose so he could smell the victim.

Ms Peaches says:

Why come , I thought she was a prayer warrior. This looks gross as hell.

Shoulda used Robitussin

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:yes: like my friend who put toothpaste on her pimple. not only did she still have the blackhead but a nice black scar surrounding it for about a month.

thank goodness we got Obamacare now :tea:

YIKES!

I was just telling my mama, you can tell who had to clean up more when we were younger!

:rofl: San, you know what they get away with..relaxed parenting…(first time parents irk my soul).. :hahaha:

You do more when you can do more. :shrug: I dont play that boy vs girl chit..its mostly an age thing in my house. They didnt wash dishes when they were under 11 either. It balances out. Cause Mars would love to stay up and watch whatever nerd ass cartoon he into this week but his age say he gonna miss it every night. :lol:

libra80sbaby says:

:facepalm:

thank goodness we got Obamacare now :tea:
    _______

Fired my kid’s dentist just this morn. :hahaha: :nun: Taking my kids to peds dental in the big house.

Windex.

you spelled Fabuloso wrong. #helpful

smell the victim.
    _________

DV jokes aint right :rofl: :rofl:

My chiro does this combo of acupuncture with the tens unit (that hard vibrating thing with the patches), you leave his office feeling hiiiiiigh!

iAmChan says:

Ouch. Nothing further.

IsThisThingOn...Turn my Mic Byke On! :mad: says:

this makes me think about that episode of snoop’s family show, when they took him to the elderly chinese acupuncturist knowing he was already scared of needles. the doctor came in there and was greeting snoop, but he had already hauled up outta there and was in the parking lot with his fat body guard trying to run and keep up with him. i think i lost consciousness for a minute because the doc was blind. :ghost:

Fabuloso
    _________

:rofl: :thankyou: *Fabuloso

You do more when you can do more. I dont play that boy vs girl chit..its mostly an age thing in my house. They didnt wash dishes when they were under 11 either. It balances out. Cause Mars would love to stay up and watch whatever nerd ass cartoon he into this week but his age say he gonna miss it every night.

—————–
    Girl it was 5 of us! And cousins around, so when My Granny said San nem, such and such nem. Anybody perferably the older ones come. We as the oldest had more chores, the youngest were able to just clean their room ya know.

Or she could take a laxative. Anything wrong with you…dont go see my dayum mama. :no: You getting some Correctol and two glasses of water.

Ma I burned my hand. :crying1:

MamaDub: What you need is a good cleaning. Here. Take these. Go lay down. :coffee:

She coulda been shytted those needles out.

:rofl: !!!

LadieLeo says:

smell the victim.
    _________

DV jokes aint right

*******************
    Well I’m pretty sure they ain’t call out to him like marco polo so he had to find him some way right :shrugs:

deedeegirl says:

Uh. WTF? Hell to the no.

rwilliams4782 says:

That acupuncturist must have been 2 years old .how in the fack do you manage to do that..not one but several

:yes: I know..especially when it be a lot of yall but only a few girls. :| You see why im such a femi-nazi. I been taking care of ppl forever. :| Bros and cousins been.. :thinking: playing sports, video games, taking out the trash.. :eyeroll: and look at them now. Good job, family. *tight face*

:hahaha: *gloats*

LadieLeo says:

You getting some Correctol and two glasses of water.

****************************************
    Correctol :huh: yall was rich. Epsom salt in water…….That was the nasty thing ever. My granni made me drank that and cut my nails. I started acting a pure fool so she finally stopped that mess.

My mom somehow keeps a stash of antibiotics. If you yawn the wrong way around her, she’s trying to give you amoxicillin… she gives it to her pets too :(

how in the fack do you manage to do that..not one but several

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    And they all up there in her dayum UPPER thigh.

________

Listen :hahaha: im with you Leo. You know if you lose one sense the others be heightened… :hahaha:

LadieLeo says:

rwilliams4782 says:

**********************
    they were left in so they could continue to work

She could be in North Korea getting fed to dogs….Silver lining..

LadieLeo says:

laterthannever says:

********************
    antibiotics mess up your birth control….your ma tryin to get somebody a baby :no:

:newpost: Miami Heat honored at the White House

LadieLeo says:

She could be in North Korea getting fed to dogs….Silver lining..

****************
    they only do that to family…..she’d get worse

rwilliams4782 says:

I know this is fugged up to say but I was on IG and Jahi McMaths uncle page. .someone wrote “how is jahi doing” I had to exit really fast….

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    That Vicks/crushed up cough drops his mama put in his eyeballs at 4 yo helped him smell things out huh

Hate you

Apparition says:

:think: Wonder if her knees felt like they were asleep all the time.

Hey Later :wave: LMAOOOOOO your mama a pet lover, yes..

laterthannever says:

mine too. she goes to the pharmacist without nan prescription. sent me over there one day. she tole me “just tell the man Lizbit sent you”.

think its 50 cents a pill. :yes:

IsThisThingOn...Turn my Mic Byke On! :mad: says:

And they all up there in her dayum UPPER thigh.

I just hope she ain’t fall asleep and her thigh region was numb and… well… you know, you can’t trust folk no more, not even some of these doctors and thangs :no:

I know..especially when it be a lot of yall but only a few girls. You see why im such a femi-nazi. I been taking care of ppl forever. Bros and cousins been.. playing sports, video games, taking out the trash.. and look at them now. Good job, family. *tight face*

*gloats*

—————–
    Say what. All us at the laundry mat, who folding the clothes <—– :tea: Who outside throwing the football ——– :cuss: Shid I got old enuf, I told my mama I'm not washing no teenager clothes. They dirty em up, they can wash em and you should'nt either Maam

HEY App! :hug:

:mad:
    my CO-Worker is always commenting on my lunch/FOOD!
    * oh thats smells delicious
    * that looks healthy
    * is that pork chops
    he gets on my DAMN Nerves!!!!

I have tacos, He saYs wow are those home made :huh:

:hug: Hey OTB! My mom just needs a goat to officially have a farm! Cat has a face tumor (exploring in those country fields) and she’s pouring peroxide and iodine on it, lacing his soft food with antibiotics. :( :no: