Arrest in murder case of Texas lesbian couple found near dumpster

Crystal Jackson and Britney Cosby

The father of one of the two Houston women found dead next to a dumpster last week has been arrested and charged with 2 counts of tampering with evidence.

James Cosby, 45, father of 24-year-old Britney Cosby (above right), was taken into custody Thursday. The bodies of Britney and her girlfriend, Crystal Jackson, 24, were found next to a dumpster behind a convenience store in Port Bolivar, Texas last Friday morning.

The murders occurred in Cosby’s home, ABC13 in Houston reports.

Crystal Jackson and Britney Cosby

Cosby was among the mourners attending a vigil for his daughter on Wednesday, Mar. 12. “You can’t really put something like this into words,” he said in an interview with ABC13.

Cosby is being held in the Galveston County jail on $500,000 bond. More charges may be pending against him.

Jackson’s family members said the women were killed after they returned from Galveston where they attended Mardi Gras.

“They didn’t have to die. Whatever it was, it was petty,” said Cosby’s family member Leonard Freeman.

Police said Jackson was beaten then shot to death, while Cosby died of bunt trauma to the head.

Authorities believe they were killed elsewhere and their bodies were moved to the location where they were found.

The two women had dated for 2 years. They lived together at Cosby’s great grandmother’s home.

Anyone with information about the murders or the stolen vehicle is asked to call the Galveston County Sheriff’s Office tip line at 866-248-8477.

47 Responses to “Arrest in murder case of Texas lesbian couple found near dumpster”

aRoTh says:

Da FVK!!!!!!!!!!!

These fathers killing their daughters ain’t what’s hot in these streets. I just read THIS MORNING about a NJ deadbeat that threw his 2-year old in a creek, while she was still strapped in her carseat. Then the fukka had the nerve to tie it down with a carjack……….like an anchor! The hell is the problem????

Jesus christ!!

I had to read that one sentence like 10 times, It . . :no:

SummerBaby says:

I’m confused! Did another family member kill them?

Gigi26 says:

SMH Horrible!! Damn I wonder why he did it..

aRoTh says:

____________________________________

:no: 5 good minutes. That’s all I need, I promise. :coffee:

~~~~~~~~~~
    THAT and this story . . MAN what the hell!!

Im Out :no:

:thankyou: for the :newpost: SANDRITA.. We WERE HAVING FUN DOWNSTAIRS

:mad:

:pigsfly:

The dayum DEDDY did it? Aint the other girl dad a pastor? Man LISTEN. What is folks problem?????

Buttercup says:

Her own daddy though? This story just went from bad to worse.

weFukNorNah says:

I’m fairly smart but I’m not comprehending… did he murder them or tamper with evidence? What evidence?

Matchsticks says:

I’m still so confused, the murder happened in his house, but he was arrested for tampering with evidence??? If he did it wouldn’t he be charged with murder??? :think:

weFukNorNah says:

Maybe someone else killed them and he helped dump the body ..

*waits for news that somebody was trying to exorcise them*

disclaimer: this a blog, so yeah, i’m speculating :tea:

Wasting time says:

WoW! smh!

weFukNorNah says:

hey booo

weFukNorNah says:

:waves: Hey you!
    I think he murdered them, and then removed the evidence (bodies).

RIP!

Gigi26 says:

Tampering with evidence huh? Seems like he knew who did it…

It didn’t say he killed them (or that he didn’t kill them).

It said they were killed in his home but the bodies were found by a dumpster… so he was only charged with “tampering with evidence” (moving the bodies) for now.

They are probably waiting on further confirmation of him committing the actual murder so they charged him with what they could for the time being.

Wasting time says:

Nancy Drew (formerly IsThisThingOn) :cool: <<<has entered into witness protection :scared: says:

disclaimer: this a blog, so yeah, i’m speculating :tea:

:tea: :hahaha:

If they’re hold him on a $500,000 bond, he did more than “tamper”

Buttercup says:

I just can’t imagine. My daddy had his faults, but he would never allow anyone to hurt us and him hurting us himself was a no go. Heck, he never even spanked me. If you had to rely on feeling safe around anyone, your parents should be number 1 on the list.

San ah make ya dance says:

————-
    Now who would have thought this

______________________________

“This investigation is still ongoing which may lead to charges being upgraded to Capital Murder.” (thecwtv . tv)

San ah make ya dance says:

Either way HE INVOLVED

The news still referring to the girls as “friends.”
    :facepalm:

weFukNorNah says:

Capital murder + Texas = Death … I can’t imagine someone doing that to their own flesh and blood .. What could you be upset at….and the fact that you showed up to a vigil like you’re innocent

San ah make ya dance says:

———
    Ruthless

“You can’t really put something like this into words,”
    TRANSLATION:
    “I don’t know how to confess”

weFukNorNah says:

People don’t realize that when you murder someone you know it won’t be hard to track because I’m sure you talked to the victim via text message or phone at some time or hours before you killed them

so they were living at one young lady’s granmama house… is he the father of that young lady? :think:
    if so, this MAY be a motive <<<<more speculation

their car was stolen, which sounds wack like crack<<<<< also speculation

Carrington says:

Brittany was a cool chick. I hate to use the term, but she came across as one of those laid back dudes who was cool as a fan.

She wasn’t one of those lesbians who was angry and hated men, she was always the nicest person ever whenever I saw her at Starbucks. She just had one of those personalities where you knew that she was cool with EVERYBODY. Always had a smile on her face.

This is really sad.

Buttercup says:

Yeah, it sounds like tampering with evidence is the only thing they can charge him with, but they are looking for something to tie him to the actual murders.

Jamillah says:

This is just shameful. The lack of respect for human life with all this senseless violence is destroying our communities and our families. These young women, like many other victims did not deserve what happened to them. This society is in need of some serious intervention.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    COSIGN. Same here. I can count on one hand how many times my dad spanked me. 2 that I can think of. And he was REAL protective when we were coming up. Even when we were older at times. This is so sad. :no:

VDot says:

Auntie, any thoughts on your arch nemesis shutting down her blog after 8 years? :coffee:

weFukNorNah says:

Who shuttin their blog down?

San ah make ya dance says:

Britney look like this stud I know

Gigi26 says:

The news still referring to the girls as “friends.”
    ————————–
    They in the bible belt Man lol you know once they drop the word “Lesbian” people will call in saying the Devil is a lie.

essenze says:

This is so sad. It is one thing to murder. It is a whole other thing to murder a loved one if he did indeed kill them. I can’t begin to think what goes through a person’s head as their mother, father, husband, child, sister, etc., is taking their life. I just gave myself the chills even thinking about it. :no:

@VDot, last night Auntie said she thought it had been shut down “years ago”

:cloud: or nah?

The news still referring to the girls as “friends.”
    ————————–

I know… but dayum. It’s plain as day tho!

Oh, and why they was on these girls Facebook pages spreading hate and filth and stuff?

SMH.

@Nan that was shade cause she know good and well that blog was still up and running.

Godspeed to the NOW OFFICIALLY closed blog.

VDot says:

@VDot, last night Auntie said she thought it had been shut down “years ago”

:rofl: :rofl:

:newpost:

pointhimout says:

again, the fabric of “family” aint what it once was. being gay out here is no joke. for the dad to tamper with and be at a vigil knowing full phuckin well he played some part in the deaths is ridiculous. now reality sets in. the bible says xyz about gays. you judged and you decided on what another person should do with their sexuality. and where is your god when your dumb ass is sitting in a penitentiary for the rest of your life?

Condolences to the ladies. I swear family is 8/10 x’s at the root of your demise. I don’t get into family and I’ve said this many times. There’s a small number of blood relatives I deal with. It’s more evident that we’re living in a time where you just happened to be related to sm1 who has the same blood as you; ur not really “family.” For those who do have real family, good for you so enjoy it.