Gay Troops Perform Drag Show On American Military Base (Video)

Gay Troops Perform Drag Show On American Military Base

American gay and lesbian troops stationed in Japan performed in the first ever drag show on a U.S. military base.

The gay and lesbian troop members performed in drag — wearing full makeup, heels and wigs — while lip syncing to hit songs such as “I Wanna Dance with Somebody” at the Kadena Air Base in Japan, Theweek.com reports.

Navy Lt. Marissa Greene told Stars and Stripes she only expected to sell 75 tickets for the variety show, but ended up selling more than 400 in ten days. The event went through the same approval process as other on-base fundraisers go through, with the only caveat being that it was not allowed to be labeled a “drag show” in its publicity materials. The show was warmly received by spectators, who rocked out to performances by the likes of Manny Nuff and Chocolate Sunrise (“a crowd favorite,” the website notes.)

Just a few years ago, performances like these would have been grounds for a possible discharge. The repeal of Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell has made it possible for events like this to occur. –Jordan Valinsky Source

President Obama would’ve been so proud.

48 Responses to “Gay Troops Perform Drag Show On American Military Base (Video)”

Flawless says:

:no:

missyJ says:

I keep opening my mouth to speak on this and nothing comes out…. :facepalm:

Good mornting

First Nene on DWTS and then this post?

This cant be life

Brownskin Cutie (Carrington's E-boo) says:

The one in the pic up top looks like Nene Leakes.Marlo was right!

This performance just illustrates what I’ve been saying all along. They just want attention. They want to be seen. That’s why I tell parents to spend quality time with your children. Especially you fathers. A man is absolutely crucial in a child’s life.

This make up that I have been seeing lately all looks draggish with the contouring and just :no: looks totally unnatural :nono: Too many walking around here looking like Rupaul’s drage race

waterlily_76 says:

I can’t.

It won’t be long before we see uniformed military members in full drag. Because their feelings and their needs are more important than tradition or standards.

:sissyclaws at Chris Bosh: Oh no you must be MISTAKEN cause D Wade asked me to be his BRIDEMAID :nun: says:

I died three times before I could even post this. We about to get monkey stomped in our next war. People might be mad at me for what I am about to say but N Korea ain’t about to be scared of a :sissyclaw: :karate: Chile… we finna die :rofl: They are worried about the WRONG thing. Concentrate on protecting this country. Not applying your concealer and tucking your dack in to form a FUPRA :stop:

A.J. says:

Entirely way too much. Just no. :no:

Is that my Bren?!!! :muah:

Uh no.. you must be MISTAKEN :tea: Let me change my name. Ya”’ tripping… lol

:thankyou: Doing way too much … :nono: way too much

n1kk1a says:

I doubt they will be fighting in drag, but I’m proud that they did this! It’s pretty harsh to think that they won’t perform their jobs well just because they like what they like.

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

I doubt they will be fighting in drag, but I’m proud that they did this
    ____________________________________
    :blink:

Brownskin Cutie (Carrington's E-boo) says:

Mmmmmhmmm,u just push me to the side!!! :cry:

I woke up like this! :whistle:

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

I changed my name from :sissyclaw: to avoid confusion with Bren :lol:

Ohhhh!!! Hey Taken!!!

MisTaken says:

I changed my name from :sissyclaw: to avoid confusion with Bren :lol:

So Bren really is gone. :sad:

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

Hey Brown :hugs: Whatchu been up to?

Bren left? Hey auntie

Brownskin Cutie (Carrington's E-boo) says:

@Taken,nothing much but and taking care of babygirl. How have you been?

DoNotDeleteMe says:

Well, windmilling and scissor legging will not win a war! :tea:

WE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

Brownskin Cutie says:

Bren left? Hey auntie

Good morning sweetie. Yes, our Bren has moved on to greener pastures. We all thought MisTaken was Bren because their fonts were so similar. :sad:

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

So Bren really is gone.
    No he’s still here :lol: Next time he fonts I will point out his name for you :yes:

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

_________________________________
    :shock: Wait he was JUST here. Did he tell you he was leaving? :cry:

@ MisTaken: Bren is gone… for real this time. :sad:

@ Brownskin Cutie: I tried to email you but the mail came back undelivered. I guess your gubermint job blocked my email server.

Brownskin Cutie (Carrington's E-boo) says:

Why did he leave? Lawd,everyone is leaving. Is my boo still here? I saw that Ty is gone too:(

Brownskin Cutie (Carrington's E-boo) says:

@Taken,it’s still the same.I’ll email you now

Nancy Drew?

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

Awe SR. You wanna :hug:
    I truly enjoyed Bren. Even if I could smell his halitosis through his font. I knew you can read this Bren :eek: Respond to me. E fight me :karate: Do something. Do it for TY. For YSO. For Gypsy. For the fallen ROSES ….. Just don’t leave us :wails:

Gypsy too!!! :wail:

:shocked: :shocked: BREN IS GONE????!!!!! ..but what had happened tho???
    *paula deen turkey neck tremble* :confused:

JerseyGirl68 says:

The devil is and will always be a liar. Next.

Wasting time says:

Putin has sent this link to his troops and told them to march on the Ukraine because ^^^ this is what’s coming to engange them in battle…smh!

Carrington says:

Sandra Rose says,

————
    So, is the basis of this statement rooted in men turning out straight if the father is there to consistently knock his scheboinker back soft each time it “Rose” inappropriately”?

How does a parent raise you to be straight?
    Are there no men who raised their boys & they turned out to be gat DESPITE the fact that deddy tossed a football with him?
    As a confessed lesbian, would that logic also apply to the fact that you were raised by a woman & still ended up gay?
    Is the fathers influence that which determines what will make a d@ck hard and a tongue wag?
    How does Barack Obama end up in EVERY post?

#inquiring minds want to know – OK, I’m lying, I want to know.

There’s my boo!!! Hey Carrington :hug:

Carrington says:

Muuuuah!! (Before Sandra ban my a$$) LOL

lexdiamonz says:

WHY did i think that was NeNe

:kona:

Dhoward1913 says:

The resemblance to Nene was uncanny.

Lady_L says:

oh…

belindamays says:

Is this Serena Willams? :/

rozb says:

As a Navy vet, putting on performances in drag used to be part of the crossing the line ceremony. When a ship crosses the equator during a deployment, anyone who is crossing for the first time on a Naval vessel is called a Wog or Pollywog. Wogs are then initiated to become Shellbacks. Part of the crossing the line ceremony is the beauty pageant where the guys use whatever is onboard to dress like women or at lest appear feminine. The winner is allowed to sit on King Neptune’s court.

There’s a lot more to the crossing of the line, but I had to put this out there. This is nothing new; they don’t go to work dressed this way. And this has nothing to do with President Obama.