Oprah Network to Produce Reality Show Featuring Gay NFL Player

Oprah and Michael Sam

Television mogul Oprah Winfrey apparently isn’t letting her failed Lindsay Lohan reality TV series deter her from sinking money into another flop reality series.

Oprah’s OWN Network is developing a “deeply personal” reality TV series around St. Louis Rams 7th round draft pick Michael Sam, who announced he was gay back in February.

Before he was drafted as the Rams’ 249th pick (7 picks away from Mr. Irrelevant), Sam said he wished reporters would focus on his football skills rather than his sexual preference.

“Like every player out there working to make a team right now, my focus is on playing football to the very best of my ability,” said Sam.

This is another example of Sam manipulating the media for his own selfish benefits. He has no intentions of focusing on football or he wouldn’t be filming a reality show before he has even made the team.

Social media users and Rams fans are questioning Sam’s sincerity.

One Twitter.com user pointed out the irony of Oprah’s cameras following a 7th round draft pick who probably has no chance of making the team’s roster.

65 Responses to “Oprah Network to Produce Reality Show Featuring Gay NFL Player”

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

Oprah needs something to do. Ugh.

SummerBaby says:

:tea:

Smonae says:

Now why the phuck he got a show, azz wasnt even in the 1st round :no:

Matchsticks says:

this dude could file a damn cast iron pipe down with his teeth!

gbellab says:

C’mon Oprah you too are pushing the gay agenda..

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

@Smonae Yes!!! Who really wants to see him?! Who is giving Oprah these ideas? Steadman? Good Lord.

Tired of Oprah on this bull :rolleyes: and by Bull I mean people EYE don’t care about like Lindsey Lohan. She is a powerful lady and can land some more interesting people. Sam this is a dumb move. You are going to end up being a reality tv star (maybe) instead of a pro football player

Nicole LJ says:

I love Oprah, but this a NO. No one cares about this dude. And that picture of him up top, not cute. He looks special.

SummerBaby says:

Does anyone watch Love in the City that comes on OWN? I watched it & enjoyed it, but I’m waiting for The Have and Have Nots to come back on.

@SANDRA

BRUH!
    :facepalm:

After this nigga is cut, I PROMISE you he will be on some reality show. Prolly one tryin to make him meet a boyfriend.

“Sacked by Sam”
    or
    “Tryouts… for Michael Sam”

or some chit like that. It’s coming. Then it will air in prime time. Mark my words.

@JL: No I wasn’t being mean to you fren. I was just joking *kick the ground and looks down shyly* You know how my mouth be slick sometimes :oops: ION how to act on the blog sometimes. God ain’t THREW with me yet :crying1:

ShoYaRight says:

there ain’t a person oprah won’t exploit to save that failing network, i.e. kim kardashian, lindsey, latoya jackson, michael sam, etc.

Wasting time says:

Please O before he all on your channel get them teef fixed!

Not interested. And now that he has that fat check I wouldn’t have nuffin bad to say if he decided to get his teefus fixed.

Oh and Say. I broke line and spoke you to you downstairs. Said I wasn’t going to for 48 hours but you been here 24 so I was like NUCCA YOU MADE IT :yahoo: But I see you slow to reply :tea: I’mma keep my hi close to my bosom next time.

But you felt it was necessary to make an announcement ? :tea: Yeah ok

Smonae says:

Rt Lindsey who wants to see this train wreck :no: not I

Summer no, I’m soo behind on some of my shows

VDot says:

:facepalm: Anyone can get a show. At this point, I’m proposing a Sandra Rose reality show. I think it would be extremely entertaining. And of course the Rose garden would be on the show :yes: It could examine Sandra’s relationships with FOB’s – how they came about, are they one-sided, twitter beefs; maybe even follow her as she becomes a citizen :coffee: We could do a meet and greet for the Rose garden. :yes: Figure out if people are getting catfished; blog hook ups :hump:

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

ION how to act on the blog sometimes. God ain’t THREW with me yet
    ———-
    @Taken You don’t know how to act on the blog NEVER, just like most of us. And the blog was told to stop using Jesus to do what we want to do. I know you saw it. :hahaha:

Matchsticks says:

this dude could file a damn cast iron pipe down with his teeth!
    :ghost:

ShoYaRight says:

and whitney’s body wasn’t even cold in the ground before she paraded her family on the network for an interview. chile…

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

At this point, I’m proposing a Sandra Rose reality show. I think it would be extremely entertaining. And of course the Rose garden would be on the show It could examine Sandra’s relationships with FOB’s – how they came about, are they one-sided, twitter beefs; maybe even follow her as she becomes a citizen We could do a meet and greet for the Rose garden. Figure out if people are getting catfished; blog hook ups
    —————
    This I would watch, just to see what some of the Roses look like :kona:

MisTaken if you nasty *closes housecoat* :winky: says:

Tired of Oprah on this bull and by Bull I mean people EYE don’t care about like Lindsey Lohan. She is a powerful lady and can land some more interesting people. Sam this is a dumb move. You are going to end up being a reality tv star (maybe) instead of a pro football player

:cosign:

Man his show is gonna be “Ram-med by Sam” :thumbsup:

Smonae says:

Now why the phuck he got a show, azz wasnt even in the 1st round
    *************************

Stop playin. You know why. :gay:

Apparition says:

I don’t blame dude for trying to get his money. The Rams are loaded at his position so he likely won’t make the cut. Team won’t like it though. I wonder what percentage of the jersey sales he gets.

Wasting time says:

His peoples are going to be checking for him. They are too proud and not for nothing he was a good player in the college :yes: he a trailblazer and is going to get a lot of attention. IF he stay humble, play the game with little to no drama he will be OK.

Kid Fury said his little YT twinkle gonna be the baddest b!tch at the wives table :rofl:

VDot says:

Yeah those teeth were made for dack sucking :yes: Fukked up in all the right places :jack:

kamadiva says:

:hi: Morning, everyone! Hope all is well!

I’m trying to catch up on the latest from the past few days!

VDot says:

:rofl: :rofl: :nun: <— Him twirling to the table

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

Yeah those teeth were made for dack sucking Fukked up in all the right places
    ———-
    :dead:

VDot says:

Anyone can get a show. At this point, I’m proposing a Sandra Rose reality show.
    ***********************

I actually thought about that. But how would we like being the topic of discussion on blogs? Folks gone be coming for us extra hard. Can yall take it?

He needs to concentrate on Football
    and
    O needs to se bout her school

:tea:

kamadiva says:

I got nothing on this topic!

Smonae says:

” I wonder what percentage of the jersey sales he gets.”

Not much we buy Cardinals gear here, this a baseball town :yes:

Apparition says:

I’m proposing a Sandra Rose reality show.
    ——————————-
    :thumbsup: At the end of each episode you could have Sandra reading some of you guys’ comments while she sits in a bubble bath like Rev Run.

Wasting time says:

====================================
    You are so right and I am not the one. Gonna be like Rhi Rhi and reply to every one with a fvck you :hahaha:

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

————
    And some of us *looks around* will do the mature thing and ignore, while the rest of us would be dragging people more than we do now. It just would not be out of fun.

missyJ says:

Oprah is getting desperate… It’s quite unbecoming :tea:

Just Looking says:

@Taken – knew that :happy: just checkn to see if you care. :winky:

VDot says:

I’ma do like my girl Kandi and “Fly Above it All”, while ascending up, I may Solange :karate: a few :coffee: :lol:

SayitAintSo says:

:offtopic: I was watching Hollwood Exes and is it me or did Montae (sp) get bold this season?

says:

I’ma write him a note asking how those nails he be chewin on taste :tea:

hey yall :hi:

Keeping in tune with Football . . . Hernandez has been Indicted on a double homicide in Boston killing
    :tea:

Wasting time says:

Mayte got comfortable with her crazy hunti :tea:

VDot says:

I haven’t seen the most recent, but last week that bish was doing the most. I was looking at the tv screen like :huh: is that bish breaking chit in someone else’s house :no: I can’t go for that. Mess around and get :shank: with that glass

says:

i’m contemplating coming out the closet myself for all the free publicity folk be gettin for it nowadays. might can help me sell some houses & whatnot :shrug:

beards are sewww 2013 :tea:

VDot says:

:newpost: fired Standard hotel employee

luVn_liFe… says:

Isn’t that the one that been threatening the folks inside the jailhouse too? :tea:

aRoTh says:

Summer says:

Does anyone watch Love in the City that comes on OWN?

I watched it the FIRST time it came on on Bravo. I hadn’t seen previews for it since. I couldn’t get the angle they were trying to show. Young blk successful breast cancer survivors looking for love, wanting babies and married to/dating other races…..in NYC. :shrug: It’s a cool show, I just couldn’t figure it out. But now that you said it comes on OWN, I’ll probably pick it back up. That one chicks thighs are the biz-ni-yee!

SayitAintSo says:

*****************

Mayte been a spit fire and she be goin hard for fur. And even though R. Kelly be puttin Drea through hail for her child support Mayte was right about the rest of them. Life is good for them while those support checks are coming in. Mayte ain’t got nobody to sue for child support.

I AINT MADATCHA says:

Yeah those teeth were made for dack sucking Fukked up in all the right places

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Oh my!! VDot you put that so eloquently. :rofl:

Buttercup says:

Right when I think Oprah is making major moves, i.e. Teavana partnership, she does stuff like this :smack: I guess you have to take some loses to get a win.

Buttercup says:

Does anyone watch Love in the City that comes on OWN?
    =========
    I caught a couple of episodes. It’s good television for a rainy Saturday when you’re not in the mood to read :yes:

OpinionHated says:

This pisses me off – I thought this blockhead fool said he ain’t interested in showcasing his sexual lifestyle – then why do a show – uuuggghh then as soon as someone say something about his gayness he gonna be back on that I’m an athlete lets stick to that bull… uurrrggghh

as for hollywood execs… is it wrong im glad we don’t see R kelly baby hair having ex too much no mo… I see why Prince left her stupid azz – Matae she’s soooo annoying… and Conseco’s ex is prejudice as heck… I didn’t watch tehmost recent show though – i’ll catch it tonight on demand

OpinionHated says:

Started watching Penny Dreadful on HBO – not sure how I feel about it yet….. its about werewolves, vampires, frankenstein monsters – you name it they’re in this show…

Paige says:

My goodness!! He really needs to have his teeth fixed. I thank God everyday for my 2 dental insurance plans. I would hate to think my children have to go through life with their teeth looking like this!! :phew:

And if I were a gay man there is no way in hell I would let him go down on me!! Penis will be torn to shreds!!!

pointhimout says:

i’m so bored with this guy. didn’t they select him last round, last player, final position, 2 team reps sitting in an empty auditorium?

ur gay, so ****in what. true to black athlete form, he has a partner who isn’t black. he’s not much to look at, so the others can have him. but yeah, aint schit unique about your story dude. after 2 episodes on lindsey lohan, i stopped watching because she’s nothing more than a spoiled brat adult who continues to make her bad choices everyone else’s fault.

AntBGr8 says:

I’m tired of people pushing off this whole gay agenda smh.

Miapluck says: