President Obama Under Fire for Negotiating With Terrorists to Release a Traitor

2nd Lt Darryn Andrews

As many as 14 U.S. soldiers may have lost their lives searching for Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, a traitor who deliberately deserted his army post in Pakistan 5 years ago.

President Barack Obama has come under fire for negotiation with the Taliban terrorist organization for Bergdahl’s freedom. In exchange for bringing the traitor home, Obama agreed to release 5 dangerous Taliban terrorists from Guantánamo Bay, the American detention camp in Cuba.

Sondra Andrews’ son, 2nd Lt. Darryn Andrews, is one of five soldiers who was killed searching for Bergdahl.

Bowe Bergdahl

Sondra Andrews said Bergdahl’s release from captivity stirred “very raw emotions.”

“It gets really hurtful when I think, this guy was worth my son’s life? My son who was patriotic? Who was a true soldier? Who defended his country with his life?” Andrews told Army Times via phone on Monday. “That guy was worth that? I don’t think so.”

Andrews was also angered to learn that Obama released five dangerous terrorists in exchange for Bergdahl.

“I bet you anything there were soldiers killed or wounded capturing those five guys,” she said. “So what does that do for their sacrifice? They sacrificed for nothing, because they turned right around and let them go.”

Soldiers who served alongside Bergdahl at an army base in Paktika province, near the border with Pakistan, say he deliberately walked away from the base on June 30, 2009.

Prior to his disappearance, Bergdahl (pictured above) reportedly talked about defecting and renouncing his U.S. citizenship.

He and 2nd Lt. Darryn Andrews, 34, were deployed with 1st Battalion, 501st Parachute Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 25th Infantry Division

Darryn’s mother said her son was one of the soldiers killed on Sept. 4, 2009, during a special mission for the army. Darryn was killed when the vehicle he was riding in was attacked by an improvised explosive device and a rocket-propelled grenade.

“By omission, we assumed they were just pursuing the Taliban,” she said. “Then the guys [Darryn Andrews served with] started contacting me. They said, ‘No, ma’am, we were looking for [Bergdahl].’ ”

Sondra Andrews said the five soldiers were sent in search of Bergdahl within hours after he went missing.

“They found his gear. They knew [he’d left],” she said. “You don’t get captured and leave your gear in neat little stacks. They knew he had walked away from his post.”

She said she wants a full investigation into the actions surrounding Bergdahl’s release.

After announcing Bergdahl’s release from captivity, President Obama celebrated with the traitor’s parents at a hastily arranged press conference in the Rose Garden.

Sondra Andrews was shocked to learn that Obama referred to Bergdahl as a “hero.”

“The military really owes the parents of these fallen soldiers the truth,” Sondra Andrews said. “Just the fact that they’re calling that man a hero just took me to my knees.”

• UNBELIEVABLE: Obama Makes Excuses for Fort Hood Shooter!
  • Obama: “Pay No Attention To That Islamic Extremist Behind the Curtain!”
  • Times Square Bomb: Pakistani Man Arrested Trying To Flee Country
  • Pop Quiz: What does President Obama’s Body Language say about him?

90 Responses to “President Obama Under Fire for Negotiating With Terrorists to Release a Traitor”

Yeah, Im Not sure this was a good decision; double edged sword. double.edged.sword.

Akiba says:

I was wondering when you were gonna post this Sandra.

Obama my dog, but I really can’t support him on this one. :facepalm:

I know there is more to the story, but still. I hope it is worth the beating he will get in the press.

libra80sbaby says:

:no: This is a shame. #DoBetterObama

libra80sbaby says:

Akiba says:

————–
      this is true

libra80sbaby says:

Just like Akiba said…we will NEVER know the real story behind all of this. We will only know what “they” want us to know. Damn shame

Jdore says:

:praying: for the families of the falling soldiers. With that being said, there is more to this story. They don’t ever give the soldiers the whole story when going on these missions so they can take the story with a grain of salt. Also these soldiers signed up to do this. Unfortunately sometimes in war casualties happen and they know that going in

FuturedocDonte says:

The double standard that is American….

On one hand its “keep that traitor over there. He deserved it”. On the other hand it’s “if that was my son I’d do ANYTHING”.

I’m interested to learn the backstory as to why this was allowed. I agree, they should have left him….

Owwwww LAWD!! Here we go!!!

Wasting time says:

Why is this man a traitor and deserter now. He wasn’t 5 years ago when he was captured. He wasn’t 5 years ago when is platoon when after him and lost 6. He wasn’t the last 5 years when his service brothers and sisters and parents were demanding his return but he is now since they had to trade to get him back :no: way to go lame stream media for throwing this man under the bus for political prepossess. Sad that his platoon is now backing this up 5 years later.

I am sure this was a trade for far greater reasons than we would ever know. That “traitor” is of more value to us alive and in U.S custody for some reason. We may never know why. It could be for the greater good and it could be B6-13 classified :eek: No but for real ..I am thinking if he was telling U.S secrets wouldn’t they just kill him? Something in the milk ain’t clean :no:

Shandra says:

i rarely post on SR, longtime lurker here…but to see sandra post an article from drudge report required i comment…1st off, the detainees released were up for release at the end of this yr because we’ve “legally” held them as long as we could…2nd, we don’t know the full story behind this soldiers disappearance. even if the story is true that he abandoned his post, he is still an American. we leave no fellow Americans behind! we can deal with whatever punishment is due him once due process is served but we don’t leave him. this wasn’t his 1st tour of duty, he has served his country. like i said, we don’t know all the facts, but we don’t leave him.

KABYEYOU says:

When it comes to war, no matter what you do its going to be wrong. Happy homey back in the US, and sorry for the soldiers that died looking for him.

The Pearl! says:

B-b-but what happened to innocent until proven guilty? Don’t we still need to bring him back to the U.S. and THEN try him for his transgressions to determine whether he committed treason? We don’t just leave him there to be tortured and die. He’s “our” traitor and we should deal with his misdeeds here, in a U.S. military court of law.

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

Good Morning All. Oh Taken I’m about to not follow you on IG cuz I can’t keep laughing at your baby.

On Topic: Let me go read. brb

CaliYoruba says:

When it comes to things like this, we’ll never know the truth. Reminds me of that episode of Scandal when they guy was actually a hero but they couldn’t tell anyone.

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

I was wondering when you were gonna post this Sandra.

Obama my dog, but I really can’t support him on this one.

I dont imagine that Obama has any more fux to give about a media beatdown at this point.

Savannah says:

Maam he signed up for the Army unfortunately they die sometimes. This lady is reaching because she may be grieving but this has nothing to do with us civilians. We don’t know that this man is a trader that’s what she is saying.

MissHarlem says:

It’s too early to fact check. Good Morning :coffee:

Speedy day all :waves:

Beta says:

Who has all the answers on this here :rules:

Wasting time says:

How so we know his mission wasn’t to be captured from the jump and it was just classified. We will never know the whole story but as stated above.

Miany says:

:waves: hey y’all
      I’m sad that folk are still out here dying over nothing. I’m sad these people are losing their loved ones. …… I fail to believe the dude was a traitor. I fail to believe most of the things I see or hear reported.

free says:

Akiba says: There more to this story. You know the government only let’s us common folks know what they want us to know…

***************************

exactly.

additionally, who would VOLUNTEER for military service if the USA says “you get caught, we really don’t give a shyt”? this is not somebody who decided to take a vacation near the area and crossed into enemy territory. this was an active military personnel in a war zone.

i hate how we treat military personnel like they ain’t shyt. no jobs, no mental or physical health care, and now desertion by your COUNTRY because you maybe walked off a base. who knows why? a lot of personnel are committing suicides so dude may have been cray.

how the F are republicans complaining about the VA but willing to leave dude with the enemy at the same time? i don’t get it. do you care about the military or not? no, i get it, they only care if the BLACK PRESIDENT does or doesn’t do something.

the sad part is these MFs are probably hoping the 5 who were released wreak havoc that they can blame the president for.

bring this dude home and he gets a trial like anybody else. first and foremost, bring him home.

MissHarlem says:

It’s too early to fact check

:lol: you remind me of Daria sometimes.

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

My question is that, the people we were holding, what were we doing with them? How long are we allowed to hold them for?

aRoTh says:

I’ve followed this story a lil more closely than I ever would about this “war”. However when I saw how :obama: said “We leave no fellow Americans behind..” and he gave that look like “this is what YALL always hollerin and now I’ve done it, yall mad. Deal.”. I know/knew then Prez ain’t f-n with this crap no longer. We won’t hear any more on this story after this week. Watch. :tea:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I definately agree that a mistake was made here. When your fellow soldiers are speaking out against you to the press then you musta been a bad mutha. And we done freed 5 terrorists to go plan new shat. And for all we know, this mofo might have some terrorist plans of his own now that he is back on American soil.

aRoTh says:

User says:

:clap: :cosign:

aRoTh says:

this mofo might have some terrorist plans of his own now
      __________________________

He sure does. His father even learned the Afghan language (not that learning a new language is a bad thing, but in THIS case…). I didn’t read this write-up…..yet. But did anybody see/hear about the email he sent his parents talking about “how disgusting it was to be an American” or something along those lines?

VDot says:

:cosign: :applause:

bama_n_jersey says:

Unfortunately we are only being told what people want to tell us in the media. So they are saying that the POTUS is wrong for trading him for detainees? Why not report that the detainees have been held for almost 13 years and were about to be released anyway? So they are saying that he was a traitor? Do they really know this for real? Would they have sent his unit looking for him if he was a traitor or would they have called in the “special group” to look for him?

Oh and where was all of this hoopla with the Former POTUS (Bush) released almost 50 detainees? We didn’t hear about those did we? Get out of here with this one sided mess!!

free says:

aRoTh says:

User says:

:clap: :cosign:

*********************

:cosign: fugg ‘em

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

Ok I read, and I agree with some of you here. We do not leave any americans behind, Obama did what they wanted and if you ask me it was a set up (I still love Obama), and I have zero to give for this past what we know because the goverment only lets us know what they want us to know.

aRoTh says:

Wasting time says:

Didn’t they say he was the ONLY POW we had?

Hearts~n~Kisses says:

I’ll be glad when all the facts come out. There is def more to the story than is being told. Pro- some classified B-613 shyt we’ll never REALLY know the truth about.

It’s too early to fact check
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      :stop: It is never too early OR too late to fact check.

Only trusted source…is self-research and verification…TWICE
      ~ Rob Waters

Until we know the full story, this was a mistake by Obama. It simply was. American or not.

I’m allowing for the fact that clearly there is more goin on than what was told, but just on the surface, this was the wrong call. No other way to put it. :no:

@HEARTS & KISSES

:rofl: at that gravie! Looooool!

Hearts~n~Kisses says:

@Man, I fell out when I saw it. :lol:

OpinionHated says:

We should never negotiate with terrorsit for the return of hostages… this was a bad move what was Obama and his administration thinking… I have a feeling there is much more to this story than meets the eye…. I feel like Obama has given up like phuck it I don’t got nothing else to prove let me just skate through the rest of my term cause all of a sudden his administrations policies don’t make no flippin sense – and our response to Putin’s show of force in the Ukraine is embarrassing…

<<< Thinks they got him just SO WE can punish him. We punish our OWN. Dont leave him over there. Ship him byke. WE got it! Treason aint nothing America has EVER taken lightly.

Treason is the ONLY crime LISTED the U.S. Consitution.

bama_n_jersey says:

While I was in the military, I got left in the middle of the desert in Qatar(only one person stayed back with me)when my HuumV broke down, while we were on a mission to load ships with equipment. We had no weapons, MP left me, unit left me and they were not coming back to get me until everyone else made it to our destination safely. Did I think it was right at the time…no…but that is what I signed up for when I signed my name on the line to join the US Military.

aRoTh says: this mofo might have some terrorist plans of his own now
      __________________________

~~~~~~~~~~~~
      True Life Sgt.Brody before our eyes :eek:

bama_n_jersey says:

The detainees were getting released anyway…Bush released almost 50 detainees with no media coverage and no concern from the public

@Hort I am so mad at chu right now with that gravi. CHILEEEEE

:chase:

Shandra says:

*****************************

This is true too. I think I’m changing my opinion. Let’s see what happens with this.

Hearts~n~Kisses says:

I saw on the news this morning that his dad tweeted some shyt about still working on getting prisoners from GITMO released just 2 days before his son was released.

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

—————
      Right. They were not the first adn won’t be the last, but why is it such a big thing when Obama does it?!

bama_n_jersey says:

@Keya…EXACTLY!!!! but we already know why it is such a big deal. It’s not the why, it’s the WHO :shrug:

Hearts~n~Kisses says:

@Dub, :hugs: You know Petah fly. :rofl: He got his nips showing and errthang. :hahaha:

because the boy didnt ask massa for permission first. :whip:

Wasting time says:

At the risk of repeating myself but the propaganda against this man and the president. 5 years he has been gone and in 09 we knew when THE MILITARY reported him captured. They didn’t report him a deserter who was captured but CAPTURED now today he a deserter, a terrorist etc etc :no:

Everybody upset about the VA really? Its sucked since way before O been in office :no: my uncle died in 91 and my dad still tells horror stories of his brothers VA stay. My dad is ex Air Force and would rather die in the house then go to the VA. He don’t even do the USAA insurance.

Close to 50% of our homeless is military and there is no immediate plan to assist them and that has been going on for decades. Lets not mention their mental health issues and lack of treatment and care; but people are mad at system that ensures everyone gets proper care.

MissHarlem says:

USER :rofl: perfect description. I see we HAVE fronted in a former Sr life :lol:

Hearts~n~Kisses says:

bama_n_jersey says:

:cosign:
      I don’t agree with how he handled it but I 100% think the only reason such a big deal is being made is because it’s pres. Obama

datsmdubya2u says:

I dont mind they got him back but 5 for one? Chile Obama just wanted to clean out guantanomo thats all. Tired of feeding them mugs.

Wasting time says:

Everybody upset about the VA really? Its sucked since way before O been in office my uncle died in 91 and my dad still tells horror stories of his brothers VA stay. My dad is ex Air Force and would rather die in the house then go to the VA. He don’t even do the USAA insurance.

chile my uncle was healthy when he went to get his annual physical at the VA and died two days later from a staph infection that they gave him. :eek: and you aint never lied about the homeless. them boys go over there thinking they are going to come home and get a free college education and half the time they either come back crazy, come back physically or mentally broken, or worse yet—dont make it back at all.

I guess its a crap shoot. you might get lucky but if you dont get lucky—-thats yo ass, mr. postman!

Hearts~n~Kisses says:

@Wasting, You preaching today!! :applause:

MissHarlem says:

*fonted

DUBB I stand corrected you are right, it’s never to early or late. You took me back to mass comm 101 :yes:

MSVALLDAY says:

Akiba says:

There you go! There is way more to this story.

@Shandra and @free – good points :yes:
      and like many others said, since when can we expect THEE truth from mainstream media. bottom line, President Obama is damned if he do/if he don’t :shrug:

aRoTh says:

datsmdubya2u says:

I dont mind they got him back but 5 for one
      ____________________________

Now THAT is something to think about as well. My thing is, what is the purpose of capturing the POW just to give them byke after so many years? :shrug:

Think outside the box :eek:

We can’t know everything, nor should we :tea:

sassyshe says:

Good morning all. The only reason this is getting airplay is because obama declared June GLBT month. Negotiations for prisoners occur on a daily basis, often the pres is not involved unless its a high profile prisoner and paperwork he signs is on advice of his military high ranking officials and defense secretary. There is more to this story and it should be left as such

aRoTh says:

Nancy says:

bottom line, President Obama is damned if he do/if he don’t

Exactly. Like he said “We don’t leave a fellow American behind….”. Want tah hear it? here it go! Now deal. TUH!

and Juneteenth and Black Music Month too. :yes: we celebrate some of everything, dont we?

@Free “thank you” for your service and welcome home, wow. :hug:
      yeah, it’s what you signed-up for, but, trust, everybody ain’t able (points to self) so I personally appreciate you and all the others who answer the ‘call of duty’ :clap:

sassyshe says:

@wasting :cosign: and after everyone has ignored what is going on at the VA Obama is the only one who is calling for the VA president to step aside so that they can implement initial changes needed

Wasting time says:

@hearts your gravie though :lol:

This is close to my heart cause anyone who is selfless enough to fight for my freedoms deserves better then what these people are getting. To use our military for political purposes with out addressing the real issues these men, women and their families face is just wrong.

I’ve seen success stories, I work with one and my home girl is married to one. I’ve also seen a friends husband come home not the same and she was forced to leave him. She don’t date nor will she take her ring off because she loves him not the monster he sometimes turns into and it’s not his fault.

MissHarlem says:

WASTING you saved me time. Thanks hun :yes:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      YOU better SAY IT. Our VA hospillah is being investigated right NOW.

Walston said her husband, who served in Iraq, first showed symptoms of the disease in January 2011, when they were still dating. He went to the Durham VA Medical Center and was given a first-available appointment for a colonoscopy at the end of August, she said.

“You have to wonder if you are diagnosed at Stage 4, then what (stage) would it have been at eight months earlier,” Lisa Walston said.

As they waited for his appointment, the couple made several trips back to the VA as Walston’s symptoms worsened. “He went back to the ER five separate times,” Lisa Walston said.

VA hospitals across the country, including the one in Durham, are under investigation for inappropriate scheduling practices. Reports have surfaced of vets dying while waiting for treatment.

When asked about the Walston case, Durham VA Health System Specialist Pete Tillman said, “If this is true, my heart goes out to his wife. We take this very seriously, and I’m going to look into this very carefully.”

Walston said she wonders about other veterans who may not be getting the treatment they need at VA hospitals, and she said she hopes the federal government investigation will lead to improvements in the system.

“I do worry that as they uncover more, stuff may come out,” she said.

Hearts~n~Kisses says:

@Wasting, Close to mine too. Hubby is military and i dion’t even want to get started on the piss poor care he receives most of the time. Shyt is sad.

@Wasting and @User, sorry to hear that your fam received such horrible treatment :no: :hug:

i feel myself getting angry :think: maybe i should do some work… :kona:

Hearts~n~Kisses says:

@Nancy, You like my gravi? :coffee:

FuturedocDonte says:

:offtopic:

Just realized that roger troutman, the dude that sing ” I wanna be your man” with the tube in his throat is the same dude in the tupac-dr. Dre video “California Love” :lol:

If u knew this already it’s because u old and I’m not :eek: :kona:

OpinionHated says:

I’m not taking the blame away from the organzation but dagnamit on some level these patients need to be accountable for lack of health care – how do you go to the doctor and be okay with them telling you the sh*t I’m hearing above – I’m glad I live in Massachusetts – we don’t have issues like that around health care – not for our vets and not for our civilians… we’re informed patients and we know our rights…. people got to open their mouth and stop acting scared of their doctor – you are paying for a service if you aren’t getting what you pay for then you’re the fool for not speaking up for yourself to demand what you deserve.

Hearts~n~Kisses says:

@Donte, :blink: I’m 30,sir and EYE knew that. :rofl:

datsmdubya2u says:

Did yall hear them on fox talking abt the solders father? Tom bout “he hotta beard he must be a muslim” :oldman: a mess
      They will throw each other under the bus to get back at Obama.

Wasting time says:

:box: did he call us old?!? :karate:

FuturedocDonte says:

:offtopic:

:rofl: :ghost:

Hearts~n~Kisses says:

@Donte, :blink: I’m 30,sir and EYE knew that.

I’m 31 :rofl: Donte dead wrong for that one

aRoTh says:

FuturedocDonte says:

If u knew this already it’s because u old and I’m not
      ________________________________

LOL

You do realize his no longer with us as well? Shot and killed by his brother in an alley.

Just in case you didn’t know. LOL

FuturedocDonte says:

If u knew this already it’s because u old and I’m not

didnt his brother kill him and leave him in a car while he went somewhere and killed himself? :think:

guess he had to die so that TPain and Future could live. #Loominatty

VDot says:

:newpost: on lesbuns

aRoTh says:

@Dats

I was watching something and they mentioned “he grew a beard…”.. And I thought THAT was an odd particular to point out. :huh: :wtf: cares that he grew a beard? :gossip: Anyone? :shrug:

MissSophiaizhere says:

Gm all now to the topic, I stand and support the President decision, people should know all the facts before throwing out their opinion, the Government has been keeping us in the dark for years, this case is no different what we do know is this, these 5 men were going to be released whether or not we found the American soldier or not and unless these folks are to be tried for a crime we should not waste out hard earned tax dollars keeping them detained…

I guess hipsters are terrorists too then. good to know :sarcasm:

the tea party is getting crazier by the day.

BayMami_de4 says: