5 Questions With Tameka Tiny Harris

Former Xscape singer Tameka “Tiny” Harris was gracious and kind enough to grant Sandrarose.com an exclusive interview! Tiny opened up about her new single that peaked at #1 on iTunes, the status of her marriage to rap tycoon T.I., her new Tequila venture, boxer Floyd Mayweather, open relationships, whether Xscape plans to get back together for a one-time only concert, AND MORE!

Check out Tiny’s exclusive interview after the break!

SANDRA ROSE: “What You Gon’ Do” is a great single. Is it off of your new album, and what’s the title of your album?

TAMEKA “TINY” HARRIS: I don’t know yet… maybe. I didn’t think it all the way through. I just put a song out. I’ve done like one and a half songs, to be honest with you. I’ll be working on a little bit more material… If I was to do [an album], I know a couple of producers I would love to work with. I like different producers, like Pharrell, Timbaland… I’m thinking about doing more singles.

Who’s your favorite singer right now?

Who is my favorite singer? I don’t know. I like a lot of people. I love Beyonce, I love Rihanna. I like Usher, I like Trey Songz, I like Chris Brown…

What do you think about Iggy Azalea?

I like… I love Iggy. [laughing]

Would you do any music with her?

I definitely wouldn’t mind. I don’t know if I’m gonna do it. But I wouldn’t mind… it would be a cute collaboration.

If you ever see [boxer] Floyd Mayweather in the near future will you hug him, shake his hand or even speak to him?

Maaan, I mean, I would just like to stay away just because of the drama that has carried with the two. You know what I’m sayin’? Out of respect for TIP, I will keep my distance.

So you’re not even going to speak to him?

If I see him… I ain’t going to ignore him, you know? I can’t do that. I’m saying just to keep it nice and cordial… to keep everything going on a straight path… and try to not go in that direction.

How do you feel about open relationships?

I mean, to each his own, that’s how I feel about it. Whatever… I mean… I think whatever a person feels like works for them… and whatever they’re comfortable with doing, they should do it.

Are you comfortable with having an open relationship?

Uh… I’m just not going to go into that. What you mean ‘open’ like what?

Like letting TIP run around and…

NO! I’m not cool with that.

When is the official launch of your Tequila line?

I don’t know yet. We had a soft launch in New Orleans. I love New Orleans. I think I’m starting out in New Orleans where the product is going to be [sold] in a few cities. That’s going to be the official launch.

What are the flavors of your Tequila?

The first 2 are going to be orange blossom tequila and lime tequila. Then the 3rd flavor is my cinnamon tequila. Hopefully we will do a holiday special for that. That’s my favorite!

How do you feel about transitioning from reality TV back to music?

I feel good that the song is doing and how well the people are receiving it. I think one kinda goes hand in hand with the other.

Do you ever think you and the girls [Xscape] will ever get back together for a one-time performance?

You should never say never! But I can’t see it right now. You know, there’s just too much between the girls and the things that have gone on. I guess there’s no parting from that. There’s no getting past that. Not to come back and work together… it’s not gonna happen so far right now.

Did they ever ask you to be on R&B Divas?

Would you do it?

Nah. I can’t go from my show to another show where I don’t have any pull or credit or any control. I’m executive producer over everything I do. So I can’t go to somebody’s show and just be on it… unless it’s scripted.

Is there anything that you want my readers to know?

I just wanna say thank y’all! Thank everybody for the support. Y’all helped to get the song to #1! And also don’t forget to go get the tequila because it’s really… I mean this song that I have is geared.. I mean, it’s kinda like a woman’s anthem. It wasn’t really geared; I was just feeling my, expressing my feelings. I feel like this tequila is also geared to folks. It’s something that women can really love — if you ain’t like no big strong drinker, because that’s me: I’m not. And I think the men, they can love it and feel a part of it ’cause you wanna buy it for your woman. You can have that in your house. When you get the ladies over, you can say, ‘Hey, I know y’all like this!’

Special thanks to Tiny’s publicist, Courtney Barnes, for setting up this interview!

• LIVE CHAT With Tiny & Toya – CLOSED
  • 5 Questions With Eva Marcille (Girlfriend Confidential: LA)
  • 5 Questions with Dice Dixon (La La’s Cousin)
  • SR Interrogates: DJ Holiday (Mixtape King Of The South)

91 Responses to “SR Exclusive: Tameka “Tiny” Harris Opens Up About T.I., Floyd Mayweather, Open Relationships, Xscape”

VDot says:

*rubs hands together* Fukk Yea :yea:

Question 1: What are your thoughts on…… Wait, do we get to ask, or have you already generated and asked the questions Sandra? :huh:

VDot says:

If it’s the latter, I guess my only question is, What the Fuk You Gon Do? :eek: :tea:

CocoKhaleesi says:

I don’t care for the earring… Is it that it is turned a certain Way? looks weird… Anyway are we asking the questions (for some reason I doubt this)

5 questions huh :tea: That’s all you get ?

pointhimout says:

1. Tiny congrats on the success of your song and yes, I downloaded the single from Itunes. My question is #WTFYGD now that riders want to come out and be a part of the attention you’re getting? U know those folks who threw every insult and everything else but the kitchen sink at you.

2. I’m always supportive when sm1 from our era can blow the dust of the mic and put out some heat vs trying to keep up with bullschit music of today. How did you choose your producer and did you write #WTFYGD alone? Also, would you welcome new opportunities to write songs or opportunities to be a performer more? We remember you wrote No Scrubs with Kandi.

3. You’re asked to perform in/at your favorite legend’s honor show, who is the legend and what song would you perform or cover?

Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake says:

Tiny, hey girl! We love the single. Are we going to get a whole album!? Did you read our comments in the previous post about you? (If not, just know we are team Tiny) @Sandra, I am here for this and I will be here tomorrow for it!!!

Unshakable says:

@topic – She seems like such a down to earth person from the times I have seen her on tv. I remember the Xscape days when she was jamming on the song “Tonight” while in that white suit…lol! I’m sure her interview will be interesting and not the manufactured rhetoric some stars have been programmed to say. Kudos to you, Tiny, and may God bless you on all fronts.

@point – your posts scream “realness” and I love you for it. By the way, that boy in your gravi should be tired of posing spread eagle….he don’t ever get to take a break? :hahaha:

Tainted_Love says:

Hey Tiny :waves:
      What took you so long to get back in the studio ? Your new song is fire ! Curious to know why we hadn’t heard any music from you sooner

Tainted_Love says:

Can’t wait for the real questions to go up tomorrow :tea;

buddapecan says:

:yahoo: I can not wait!!!! I’m glad I came back to check on you Auntie! Those earlier posts had me worried about you! LOL! You definitely saved the best for last!!! :heart:

Afiya says:

:applause: GOOD FOR YOU Tiny, Nignore that petty **** Floyd, he ain’t even worth it :no:

Liked your song, but like I said before, never think that either of you can’t be replaced…pay attention :hug:

pointhimout says:

@7 thx doll. I appreciate that. I misread the post initially and was hype to throw some questions out there.

buddapecan says:

Thanks, Auntie!!!

CocoKhaleesi says:

You can tell she is a strong woman… No one is perfect but the sacrifice women make for their families wow… I wish you nothing but success in all avenues of your life tiny!

Go-Go Girlie says:

I like Tiny and wish her well.

sassyshe says:

Tiny know she is well loved here (except for a few, cough cough @man, :lol: ). Congrats for all her success. Sandra you know the roses should get something special cause you know you got the exclusive cause the roses were always :steer: with her during all the drama

SummerBaby says:

Thanks Sandra for this post. Im lovingTiny’s new single!

San ah make ya dance says:

The way this was typed out tho :crying1: Im so confused and the fact y’all really asking questions :dead:

DownBottom says:

:blink: ERMAGHAWDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need a translation :tape:

MisUnderstood says:

@San..we are >>>··<<< here.

nybrn2 says:

I like the new song…..

ALBoy says:

Al’s questions
      1. Will you ever ride a motorized bike again?
      2. Does your assistant have a mustache?
      3/4. Two part question who inspired you to start singing and did you :hump: Floyd?

San ah make ya dance says:

Q & A is over yall :crying1:
      @Misunderstood :hahaha: :co fused:

San ah make ya dance says:

:confused:

Milky says:

What did yall lonely, bitter, ugly, crayon eating muddacunts do to piss Sandrita off?? :mad: no wonder she over at RWS looking for replacement Roses. :facepalm:

Matchsticks says:

Thanks Tiny and Sandra! love the new song, it’s hot! :headphones:

MisUnderstood says:

Milky says:

******************************

What happened? Who pissed Sandra off? Who’s a muddacunt? NAd you forgot fat :lol:

MisUnderstood says:

San ah make ya dance says:

Q & A is over yall :crying1:
      @Misunderstood :hahaha: :confused:
      ********************
      @San I was looking through the comments like :rofl: :confused: & :sideeye:

ALBoy says:

Question
      5. Since TI swung on Floyd (which clearly shows he loves you) would you swing on Kayla Ali to prove your love?
      If we doing tit for tat let’s make it All even

:yahoo: :cheer: :claps: Now you know I :heart: Tiny! SR why didn’t you tell her that? That should have been your #1 question. How do you feel about the support Mistaken has given you and how she held you down above everything and everybody else but God :eek: Let me stop playing :hahaha: Good interview.

@San: They disappoint us every time don’t they? They audacity of their blackness :crying1:
      And AlBoy :spank: GET OUTTA HERE

VDot says:

:blink: Goes to :pc:

San ah make ya dance says:

————–
      They make me sick :hahaha:

San ah make ya dance says:

Yall understood all of that tho :tape:

VDot says:

try to not go in that direction

Temptation is real yall :tea:

BabyCakes says:

Good Morning Everyone!!!

bama_n_jersey says:

I Like Tiny…but I am so confused by this entire post :blink: :shrug:

Wasting time says:

Morning Roses :waves:

:applause: Sandra on the Exclusive! Your Roses are here for it!!

I have a meeting at 9am but I just wanted to say:

I told you; I told you (Boosie Daughter VC) that Kanan was behind Pink Sneakers; I be knowing…lolol Only other person to get it was Rollo and he gone now

Milky says:

:wave: <—–missing post from Saturday!
      Good Morning
      taken
      vdot
      san
      Sandra :hug:
      I know yall aint going to be shait, so I am not even going to ask!

Milky says:

:wave:
      missin fan… I mean Babycakes
      wasting :hug:
      bama :spank:

Afiya says:

San ah make ya dance says:

Yall understood all of that tho

^That last answer had me :huh: :thinking: :shrug:

bama_n_jersey says:

Morning :waves:

San ah make ya dance says:

:happy: Wasting
      :waves: Milky

Milky says:

Bama you know how you whoop the kids before you take them somewhere so they wont act with promises of another if they get out of line.. No… oh okay :kona:

Milky says:

Tiny really danced :danban2: the question about open relationships. The question should have been are you and TIP involved in threesomes! I love you Tiny, just the people want to know. Nosey bastards!!!!

there’s certain conversations Im not equipped to have on a Monday morning and ppl are already trying my patience :yawn:

:hi: good morning everybody :hug:

:stop: @San: That is not the PURNT. You fill in the blanks! I go from education to deciphering Atl done speak on seconds. U got to learn Grady Baby speak :rofl:

whats a nice way to say “but I dont give a fuk about yo kids”?

when I date ppl, I only want to date THAT person. I dont want to make a family or merge a family. I dont give a fuk about meeting yo mama, I already got a mama :shrugs: and I barely mess with her. I already got kids and half the reason why Im out is to get some time away from they asses.

how can I put that nicely :think: cuz on a Monday morning I may say something quite terrible :bite:

CocoKhaleesi says:

I think its either a tea kettle :tea: <—cuz she gave aun-tea the tea or its a genie lamp because her one wish is that MisTake would be shyt today. :yes:

VDot says:

Morning Milky, Time Waster and all you other Thorns :hug: :waves:

VDot says:

whats a nice way to say “but I dont give a fuk about yo kids”?
      when I date ppl, I only want to date THAT person.

:rofl: :rofl: So mean and heartless. :lol:

Say something about out of respect for their mama, you don’t feel comfortable discussing their kids. Right now it’s just casual and you’d rather not get too attached via discussions/interactions in case things don’t work out :shrug: Or just pull a Sherri and say “Fugg them kids” :tea:

because her one wish is that MisTake would be shyt today.
      :dead:
      Me and Tameka are kindred souls. You hear me? She already know the way my ability to give ish is set up and it is not going that way today. KNOT because I feel silly. That would be good for the blog. But because everybody either on vacation or play play meetings today. One of my direct reports called me at 7: 14 am saying she has food poisoning :rolleyes: FOH piggy.
      Since it is last minute and looking at all other departmental calendars I can see no one can cover her stuff for the day. I have to stay until 5:30 pm. I am so glad I didn’t come in earlier than normal like I planned to dip out early. I would have been PIST. That’s ok. I already have a half day Fri. It is about to be even halfer :eek:

Morning ALL! :wave:

I like Tiny always have. I DO NOT Like that ornament hanging fr4om hur ear
      :nono:

LE WEEP @ just Sherri them and say FOK the kids :crying1:
      I agree with the explanation of you do not like to meet people’s kids or family unless it is a long term relationship, you are about to co-habituate or be engaged. Tell them that it protects all parties involved and you only have the best interest of the children in mind :yes:

Buttercup says:

I agree with whomever said that this Tiny being able to do music again was a stipulation of reconciliation.

Morning y’all :waves:

Buttercup says:

Al’s questions
      1. Will you ever ride a motorized bike again?
      ============
      It is too early for this :wail:

I despise that ya’ll have made me go up and look at Tiny’s ear :box: Maybe this photo was from the holidays and she was in the Christmas spirit and put an ornament on her ear. YOU DON’T HAVE THE ANSWERS :rules: :lol:

bama_n_jersey says:

@User…just tell them straight like you just put it here…no misunderstandings will take place and they will be able to take it or leave it….but then again you might not want to take advice from someone that really doesn’t care about the feelings of others too much

bama_n_jersey says:

@Butter…I was hoping the song was for an album..but LE WEEP…it’s not. So you saying “he” only allowed “her” to do it because she said wither I do it or step off???

bama_n_jersey says:

These people at this here place are so backwards. How the Government send out an email about something, Government related, days after the news reported it??? Just a$$ backwards

aRoTh says:

1. Will you ever ride a motorized bike again?
      ______________________________________

:facepalm: :rofl:

That motor bike took off like :steer: she was dragging behind it like :pigsfly: .

I :heart: Tiny SO MUCH!

Buttercup says:

==========
      My suggestion: “Let’s figure out what’s going on with us before we start mentioning kids, moms, and others.” Hopefully, he’ll take the hint.

You won’t be able to avoid the conversations for long though. Kids are a big part of parents’ lives, so eventually you’re going to tell him something funny that Lil Miss User did at school.

~~~
      :eek: cute

aRoTh says:

Buttercup says:

Al’s questions
      1. Will you ever ride a motorized bike again?
      ============
      It is too early for this

Shakanah (sp) was like “GIT UP, Tameka! GIT UP!”….. *vrrrroooommmm :steer: *

Unshakable says:

@Bama,

You may not want to take advice from someone who doesn’t care about the feelings of others too much.

For some reason, this just made me bol. :hahaha:

I can see you acting like Darlene from Roseanne and saying this. Like, i have no fig newtons to give.

Buttercup says:

===========
      :yes: That’s what someone else fonted and I :cosign:

But I ain’t the one to gossip, so you ain’t hear that from me.

bama_n_jersey says:

:lol: you might be just as bad as me.

ppl keep pushing their kids on ppl who barely even take them seriously and thats how evil step parents are created. Im just tryna chill.

bama_n_jersey says:

you might be just as bad as me
      **************
      @User….this made me think about the intro to the song Tip and David Banner have together…

How do your children deal with the rumors (and valid) foolishness of your relationship with T.I.?

Such as the alledged 3somes, the cheating, the infamous “prison encounter that got you arrested?”

:eek:

Unshakable says:

@Buttercup regarding post numma 69,

Ok, Mz Benita Jankins :hahaha:

I know there will be a new topic up real soon now that this nut is in here :lol:

:hahaha: @ luvlife and Man with the :eek: faces

bama_n_jersey says:

A California couple’s dream vacation has been turned into a nightmare that they can’t escape.

Brian and Shimeaka Hodges of Bakersfield, California, are now stuck in Mexico after his horrifying zip lining accident on July 20.

The couple and their friends went to Cabo San Lucas to celebrate their anniversary and Shimeaka’s birthday. Having taken in a few days of sun, sand and great food, they decided to try something new with zip lining adventure at Wild Canyon Zip Lines. The park designates itself as the safest course in the area, but Brian’s friend noticed something very risky about Brian’s line.

“I could see he’s too close, way too close,” Calvin Black told 23 ABC News, adding that Brian’s cord was about 20 feet out from the side of a mountain. That distance wasn’t far enough to keep Brian from being thrown into the rock wall at 40 mph when a strong wind whipped up.
      He was immediately taken to a nearby hospital, but doctors wouldn’t operate on him until they got $50,000 from Shimeaka beforehand. The couple’s international insurance only covered half of the $100,000 treatment.
      —————————————————

bama_n_jersey says:

They wouldn’t even start the surgery unless I gave them the $50,000 right then and there,” Shimeaka said. “Once they got it off of my credit card, then they went ahead and called and got a surgery team together.”

She was later hit with another bill for $28,000, and she’s not sure how they’ll pay that down. An insurance professional contacted by 23 ABC suggests that travelers get international insurance so that their medical needs are covered when they visit other countries.
      Brian, who is currently in a coma, and Shimeaka are still in Mexico because his injuries are too serious for him to be moved. His condition is improving, though!

A campaign to help the Hodges has been set up on GoFundMe.com by Calvin’s wife, Enjoli Black. Earlier today, she announced on the fundraising page that “arrangements are being made for Brian to be transferred to a US hospital soon!”

The campaign is aiming to raise $100,000, and so far Brian’s family and friends are nearly halfway to their goal. As of press time, had donated about $49,543. Of the 870 donors, some have contributed as much as $550.
      ———————————————————

shame shame shame I will never go to Mexico no more more more :nono:

there’s a big fat policeman at the door door door he will grab you by the collar and make you pay a dollar (well in this case 100,000 dollars :eek: )

shame shame shame I will never go to Mexico no more more more.

She put 50k on her credit card???? A Shimeka did that? Well I guess so :thinking: About to tell the hubby to make sure if we don’t get international insurance he brings the Amex. Never leave home without it :eek:
      But that is a shame. I have told him about the flesh eating bacteria incident and he all :rolleyes: Ok… buddy just got pita rolled into a mountain behind zip lining. Not gone do it :nono:

Damn we still in here :yawn:

VDot says:

I believe they’re back in the states now.

Those Mexicans will shake you down :yes:

It ain’t even 12 yet???? :wails: I ain’t gone be able to do it!!! *throws myself to the floor and has a hissy fit*

bama_n_jersey says:

It’s a :newpost: but I really don’t want to talk about that….

VDot says:

:rofl: I forgot all about this hand :clap: game. At the time, I didn’t realize how true it was :eek:

Wasting time says:

She put 50k on her credit card???? A Shimeka did that?
      ———————
      BOL! I thought the same thang!

So we gonna wait to get in to Power?

Butter Boo :kiss: what it do?!

SunRiseBlossom says:

What are the flavors of your Tequila?

The first 2 are going to be orange blossom tequila and lime tequila
      ___________________________________________________________

One Orange Blossom coming up!!!!!!!!! :dance:

OAN: Good morning EVERYONE :waves:

pointhimout says:

Y’all ever watch Botched and hear some of these people talk about going to mexico or Tijuana to have surgeries? Isn’t that where Tameka Foster went and almost died? Reading the story about that couple brought this to mind. More things to be thankful for because sure, in the U.S., the doctors want their money too. But you’re not being lifted by helicopter for these type injuries here only for them to put you in a room and say ‘where the money first?’ Man I can’t even imagine that happening and you’re not on US soil.

Maybe we’re spoiled and expect too much? The international insurance tip is great advice because people simply don’t think about that when traveling outside the U.S.

jealousCNenvy says:

I love Tiny and Tip together. I hope he hears this song and it touches him in some way. He not gonna wanna see her with anyone else. So i wonder WTFYGD Tip? I hope they fix this quick. My son loves watching their show and he laughs at King and Major. Bomb family.

2 Pingbacks

[…] friends over at SandraRose.com had a recently interview with Tameka Tiny Harris, Tiny talks about her new single, her friendship […]