Orange is the New Black

Netflix's "Orange is the New Black" is immensely popular in Michigan. So popular that a warden at a Michigan prison has replaced the orange prison issue clothing for black-and-white stripes, USA Today reports.

"The name of the show, 'Orange is the New Black,' is saying it's cool to wear orange, and the show is enormously popular in Michigan," Saginaw County Sheriff William Federspiel said.

Federspiel said the new clothing change also resolves the problem of inmates being mistaken for civilians who sport the orange uniforms as urban street wear.

"We haven't had any escapes, and I don't want any escapes," Federspiel said.

The inmates don't share the warden's enthusiasm for the uniform switch.

"They think it makes them look like criminals," he said.

• Wasting time

Welp... I love the show and nothing about a Orange jumpsuit screams cool and high fashion to me :shrugs:

• libra80sbaby

“They think it makes them look like criminals,” he said.
    ------------------
    Aint that what they are tho?? :shrugs:

• A.J.

I still haven't watch an episode yet. I believe I can wait.

Wasting time says:

Welp… I love the show and nothing about a Orange jumpsuit screams cool and high fashion to me :shrugs:
    -----------------
    Not even a lil bit :tea:

• A.J.

“They think it makes them look like criminals,”
    They aint in there for no Nobel Peace prize packs, that's for sure.

A.J. says:

I still haven’t watch an episode yet. I believe I can wait.
    -----------------------
    :wtf: One of the BEST shows EVER!! catch up :lol:

• Afiya

It don't matter what color you wear, you're still in prison and YOU HAVE LOST YOUR FREEDOM!!! :shrug:

Good Morning Roses! :hi:

:kona:

• https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=663758563679083 VDot

:eyeroll: The orange uniforms are only for the new inmates on the show anyway. After that, it's straight khaki life. Besides, they have Netflix in jail? :huh: :waiting:

• A.J.

I think I'm going to call and ask for a refund for my HBO subscription. HBO aint hitting on chit.

• http://thegameonbetblog.tumblr.com/ Bird

GTFOH. I have not seen anyone walking around in orange prison garb. Is that what they're rocking in Saginaw which has been a crime ridden area since long before Orange Is The New Black came out? Sounds to me like he just wants some attention.

• http://thegameonbetblog.tumblr.com/ Bird

A.J. says:

I still haven’t watch an episode yet. I believe I can wait.
    ********************

Chile I finally watched it a few weeks ago and got hooked immediately. I spent all of 4th of July weekend watching the first two seasons.

• Wasting time

they have Netflix in jail? :huh: :waiting:
    -----------------------
    right? and who paying that 7.99 a month and what is it streaming on? They got tablets? Smart TVs/ Projectors?
    I got other questions!!

A.J. says:

I think I’m going to call and ask for a refund for my HBO subscription. HBO aint hitting on chit.
    ------------------------
    I :love: HBO...they have a new show called "The Leftovers" that I watch. Good show!

The sex scenes gross me out this show :no: and I don't get the hype.... Either

• http://twitter.com/_Tainted_Love Tainted_Love

I think I'm the only person that does not like this show :/

The only reason I got HBO, was for TrueBlood and Game of thrones and if they end Game of thrones, I'm cancelling :yes:

• Apparition

They need to be more concerned with Aramark serving inmates food with maggots in it and abusing them.

Tainted_Love says:

I think I’m the only person that does not like this show :/

It's just ok to me :shrugs: not at all what I expected considering the same creator did Weeds ...... I love weeds but this not so much ..... it gives you something to watch though.... but a lot of the shyt on there just gross me out :vomit:

• capricorn83

“They think it makes them look like criminals,” he said.
    ---------------
    :ROFL: but, ummmm..... :tape:

love OITNB! Season 1 was better, imo

libra80sbaby says:

A.J. says:
    I still haven’t watch an episode yet. I believe I can wait.
    ———————–
    :wtf: One of the BEST shows EVER!! catch up

LIES :tea: Libra you must be missing out on some good shows then :lol:

• http://twitter.com/_Tainted_Love Tainted_Love

@Jenie
    It's so depressing as well! I don't see the hype !
    I'm ready for American Horror Story :FreakShow

Does anyone watch Power on Starz?

• capricorn83

Did anyone catch Tiny on Rickey Smiley this morning?? I think I missed the good part...

• SOTHERNGRL

*************************
    @AJ dont do it. Do you watch Game of Thrones this show to me is worth HBO for. If you dont watch get into it.

• A.J.

I :love: HBO…they have a new show called “The Leftovers” that I watch. Good show!
    I saw one episode and I must admit, it was decent.

• A.J.

I’m ready for American Horror Story :FreakShow
    :cosign:

• SOTHERNGRL

****************
    No. What she say? :popcorn: Where the hell is Ebnay.

Tainted_Love says:

@Jenie
    It’s so depressing as well! I don’t see the hype !
    I’m ready for American Horror Story :FreakShow
    Does anyone watch Power on Starz?
    :yes: I just got caught up on Power and I love American Horror Story.... Quite a bit of shows I am really really ready for, two being Revenge, and Walking dead .... Scandal too I guess... getting bout tired of that show.... Lawd I wish they had more shows like Breaking Bad or something of good quality out there :cry: Breaking Bad just might be the best show I have ever seen ... :clap: hands down ...... Excellent acting :applause: that show deserves every single award it gets.... excellent show all the way up to the very end.

jeniefrumdabloc says:

libra80sbaby says:
    A.J. says:
    I still haven’t watch an episode yet. I believe I can wait.
    ———————–
    :wtf: One of the BEST shows EVER!! catch up
    LIES :tea: Libra you must be missing out on some good shows then :lol:
    ---------------
    :kiss: Hey Jenie!! I actually watch ALOT of shows..I just couldnt get into TrueBlood and GOT. I love Power, The Last Ship, The Leftovers, Big Brother, Extant, RHONJ, R&B Divas LA, LHHATL, The Strain, Blossom (back on :yahoo: )

libra80sbaby says:

jeniefrumdabloc says:
    libra80sbaby says:
    A.J. says:
    I still haven’t watch an episode yet. I believe I can wait.
    ———————–
    :wtf: One of the BEST shows EVER!! catch up
    LIES :tea: Libra you must be missing out on some good shows then :lol:
    —————
    -----------------
    Oh and House of Cards, and Once Upon A Time

• http://www.local10.com/entertainment/gabrielle-union-mums-about-wedding-plans/27077048 User Friendly

Wasting time says:

they have Netflix in jail?
    ———————–
    I got other questions!!
    _______________________________

:lol: I think Sandra means its influencing how the wardens treat the inmates not that the inmates are watching the show in jail.

• libra80sbaby

I :love: American Horror Story!!!!

• Wasting time

Taint you new? :welcome:
    Monday we go in on Ghost :lol:

• coco creamy

:waves: roses
    jenie
    tainted love long time no see :lol:
    vdot
    aj
    bird
    libra
    wasting time
    apparition
    afiya

sandra the post before this THE APARTMENTS LODGE ON (Chattahoochee River......DO NOT HAVE A GATE, NONE....

• OpinionHated

Never saw this show... I pay too much for Comcast to subscribe to Netflix too...

This reminds me of the scruibs craze - when folks were walking around in hospital scrubs like that sh*t was cute....

Don't give up on HBO - Game of Thrones is about to blow the heck up - its so good my azz went out and brought the books....

I :love: Revenge and Scandal too!! I'm a fuggin TV junkie :ashamed:

:hi: coco creamy

• Wasting time

:love: Revenge and Scandal too!! I’m a fuggin TV junkie :ashamed:
    ------------------------
    :facepalm: Don't have the TV police come back up in here talking about how Blk women watch 7 hrs a day :lol:

• SOTHERNGRL

Lawd I wish I knew how to make a link cause I just saw something for yall azzes;and the tagline. Jesus wept. :lol: :rofl:

• libra80sbaby

I watch tv about 3-4 hours a day and about 10 hours on Sat and Sun which is about 40 hours a week. What da prollem is? :shrugs:

• Afiya

Apparition says:

^^^THIS... :wtf: are you SERIOUS???? :huh:

True Blood is good :yes: but Ion know bout this last season though ... :no: I watch House of Cards, Ounce Upon a time has went down since the first season, but I still watch...... Game of Thrones is a depressing show to me :thumbsup: but good..... True Blood can be hilarious though ... I need some laughter in some of my shows :lol:

Breaking Bad is the best show that I have ever seen :trophy: that show was superb !!!!!!!!! The acting was just wonderful... I watch true detective too :yes:

I need Revenge back in my life though chile :nun: that is my show too!!!!

• Wasting time

What you see Southern?!
    What should we Googa

• lovezoe

Watched one episode enough for me. OAN, I am watching BAPS (Lifetime show) these bougeghetto blacks folks something else.

• libra80sbaby

@Jenie...How is True Detective? That's the show with Matt Maconahey (sp) and Woody Harrelson aint it? :thinking:

Libra I am tv junkie too :yes: :snort: it's bad in my crib..... and when I have visitors they be on the couch like :popcorn: :eek: :popcorn: ... let's keep watching... I got my sister on Breaking Bad... her azz did not want to leave the crib

jeniefrumdabloc says:

I need Revenge back in my life though chile :nun: that is my show too!!!!
    --------------------
    :cosign: I hate the way they do this show and American Horror Story OnDemand tho..chit take FOREVER to post a whole season

libra80sbaby says:

@Jenie…How is True Detective? That’s the show with Matt Maconahey (sp) and Woody Harrelson aint it?

It's good but there will be a new group of detectives for each season... I love the acting though :yes: it still wasn't fawking with Breaking Bad though :tea:

• Wasting time

I hated True-blood but its because I read all them damn books and the show just did what it wanted. Once Lafayette made it to season 2 I was :mad: I hate that chit. I love Game o Thrones though because they are basically true to the books. Might fudge the timeline a little but true. Dexter was true to the books too :yes:

Hey there Coco :hug: Libra :lick:

• libra80sbaby

They got Dexter books??!! I loved me some DEXTER!!

Wasting time says:

Chile Lafayette is my favorite character on that show :trophy: my favorite

Dexter was my shyt too :fistbump: his lil azz kinda turned me on a lil :kona:

• Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake

Morning y'all. I like OITNB. I cant wait for season 3!!!! I wanna know if old girl is really dead.

• Nakeya_J or Keke thanks to Unshake

• SOTHERNGRL

Look I started watching GOT because of yall. That is the best show I have seen in so long. When I tell you you dont be ready for the chit that goes down. I got caught up on all the seasons in 4 days. Once I started I was a watching azz. I would watch an episode and be so damn shook up I would have to go have a damn drank to get MYSELF together.

• SOTHERNGRL

Hey JuJub Momma. How yall getting along

• https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=663758563679083 VDot

his lil azz kinda turned me on a lil :kona:

Dexter? :huh: Forreal? :huh: :lol:

• Apparition

@Afiya
    Michigan outsourced food services to Aramark and since they've been there (Januaury of this year) they've had food shortages, served food with maggots in them, showing up to work drunk smuggling in contraband, and having sex with inmates. Out of 300 some odd employees 74 have been suspended and banned from working in prisons.

sup @Creamy

I just saw that there are only 2 episodes left of Power :blink: well damn that was quick

• Wasting time

Yes Ma;am Dexter was written by Jeff Lindsay. 7 Books first written in 04 or 05.

SOTHERNGRL says:

some depressing shyt indeed :yes: Game of thrones is good though

I need a vacation from bills :crying: Every month here they ass come.

• Wasting time

Chile Lafayette is my favorite character on that show :trophy: my favorite
    --------------
    He was dope and portrayed how he was written :lol:
    He don't make it out of book 1 though; he great for TV though :yes:

• A.J.

I need a vacation from bills :crying: Every month here they ass come.
    :lol: Don't fly nowhere overseas tho.

• BostonBabe

:waves: Good morning all!

I can not get past the last few episodes of Orange is the new black. I was so excited about it at first but not anymore :rolleyes:

Don’t fly nowhere overseas tho.
    _________________________

tuh, my ass cant even afford to walk no dam where let alone fly. :crying:

• Wasting time

I'm going to do the Outlander show coming to Starz. I just finished the second book in the series. My old boss was on me to read it and I was like :shrugs: but in that OITNB episode Tastee saves the books and Outlander was the first book she grabbed and broke it down, I said welp, let me go on and get these book cause Tastee said it was the bomb :lol:

• https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=663758563679083 VDot

:newpost: but it's rather lackluster

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpImj7RI0Rc Man, I just don’t care™

Breaking Bad is the best show that I have ever seen that show was superb !!!!!!!!! The acting was just wonderful…

YUP! :yes: