The backstabbing continues over Jay-Z's new deal with the NFL that opens the door for the aging rapper to become part owner of a NFL team. Music producer and DJ Jermaine Dupri, 46, was surprised to hear about Jay-Z's lucrative deal with the NFL, because the 50-year-old rapper urged him not to sign a similar deal last year.
Music producer Bryan-Michael Cox was the first to reveal Jay-Z discouraged Jermaine from signing a similar deal with the NFL. Bryan-Michael, 41, who produced hits for Usher, Mariah Carey and Mary J. Blige, made the comments during Isaac Hayes III's DASH radio podcast last week.
"We are talking about a guy who singlehandedly called - he picked up the phone and called Jermaine to tell him not to do it," said Cox, who added he attended a meeting with Jermaine and the NFL last year to discuss a social injustice campaign. "[JD] took a beating for saying the same shit," said Cox.
On Monday NY DJ Funkmaster Flex confirmed the report on Twitter.com.
"I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH JERMAINE DUPRI... HE CONFIRMED THAT WHEN HE WAS WORKING WITH THE NFL LAST YEAR HE DID GET A CALL FROM JAYZ ASKING HIM.. 'HOW DEEP ARE U IN WITH THE NFL?' EXPRESSING... 'THAT MIGHT NOT BE A GOOD IDEA.'"
I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH JERMAINE DUPRI... HE CONFIRMED THAT WHEN HE WAS WORKING WITH THE NFL LAST YEAR HE DID GET A CALL FROM JAYZ ASKING HIM.. “HOW DEEP ARE U IN WITH THE NFL?” EXPRESSING... “THAT MIGHT NOT BE A GOOD IDEA”
— Funk Flex !!!!! (@funkflex) August 19, 2019