Rapper Lil Keed died suddenly at age 24 in Los Angeles on Friday, May 13, his management company, 300 Entertainment confirmed.
Sources tell Sandrarose.com the rapper died from multiple organ failure due to an overdose of lean.
RELATED: Lil Keed’s Pregnant Girlfriend Breaks Down in Emotional Post: 'I Can’t Breathe'
Lean, also known as purple drank, purple lean, and sizzurp, is a concoction of prescription codeine cough syrup and hard candy mixed in a soft drink like Sprite. Addicted rappers sip lean from styrofoam cups.
Keed's brother, rapper Lil Gotit wrote on social media:
"Can't believe I seened you die today bro [sic] I did all my cries I know what u want me to do and that's go hard for Mama Daddy Our Brothers Naychur and Whiteboy."
Lil Keed, real name Raqhid Render, was signed to Young Thug's YSL record label and 300 Entertainment. The two rappers grew up in the same neighborhood in Atlanta.
Keed was scheduled to perform on Saturday at a music festival in Charlotte, N.C. when he passed away on Friday.
Rapper Gunna, who is also signed to Young Thug's YSL label, is reportedly suffering from codeine withdrawal symptoms in Atlanta's Fulton County Jail.
Gunna and Young Thug are among 28 defendants indicted for violating the state's felony RICO law and criminal gang activity.
Lil Gotit says he spoke with Young Thug and Gunna about Keed's death in jailhouse phone calls over the weekend.
Lil Gotit wrote in a post on Instagram:
"Talked to @thuggathugger1 yesterday. Keed u f*cked him up with this one but we know you guarding him through these times and make sure he gone be alright We da Proud Family can't nothing stop us [sic]."
"Talked to @gunna he good just sad what's goin on wit twin but everything gone be in our favor [sic]."