Photo may have been deleted

NYPD

The mother of a New Jersey runaway has been arrested and charged with child abuse, endangerment and negligence.

14-year-old Jashyah Moore went missing after visiting an East Orange deli in October. Her family assumed she had been taken against her will.

The family took to Facebook to spread the word about her disappearance. The news media picked up the story and Jashyah was soon trending on Twitter.com.

$20,000 in reward money was raised, and some activists even blocked traffic in East Orange to get the word out.

Her mother Jamie A. Moore refused to consider that Jashyah had run away from home.

The intense media coverage on Jashyah's case worked and Jashyah was found safe on a New York City street on Thursday. When police approached her, she denied being Jashyah.

After the NYPD interviewed Jashyah, Jamie Moore was arrested and charged with child endangerment. A teenage daughter and 3-year-old son were removed from her East Orange, NJ home.

Moore, 39, faces two counts of second-degree endangering the welfare of a child, officials said in a statement.

While on the run, Jashyah cut off her braids extensions and changed her name to hide her identity. She had spent part of her time in a Brooklyn shelter and living on the streets. The FBI were among the law enforcement agencies searching for her.

"The young lady appears to have run away," Acting Essex County Prosecutor Theodore Stephens said. "Obviously, she was an extremely resilient and resourceful young lady. And she decided that she wanted be someplace other than where she was."

Stephens had previously said CPS did not have an active file on Moore and her children.

Jashyah's father, an East Orange cop, had been arrested for assault previously. Jashyah was due to testify against him in court when she went missing.
 

Photo may have been deleted

Instagram

FYI: This post contains disturbing allegations about the sexual assault of a minor child. No one has been charged, and the accused is considered innocent until proven guilty.
 
A Florida woman claims her ex-boyfriend, Doodie Lo, sexually assaulted her 5-year-old son for a month before the child told her what happened.

FTN Bae, a former stripper, shared the disturbing details in graphic posts on social media. She also shared audio of her son crying and explaining what allegedly happened to him.

FTN Bae captioned the audio clip:

"What your hearing is my 5-year-old son Wesley cry to me about what my ex-boyfriend @otf_doodielo (david) did to him [sic]."

She said she reported the incident to the Broward County Sheriff's Office, and an investigation is currently under way.

Photo may have been deleted

Instagram

The aspiring rapper has lawyered up and is denying the allegations.

FTN Bae captioned the post:

"For the last 2 months my son was pooping in his pants it was so bad i had to put diapers back on him," she continued. "October 1st my son finally told me what had happened to him. i'm thankful to God because a lot of kids DONT speak up because they were scared just like my son. I have been dealing with this for almost a month and its been the hardest thing I HAVE EVER HAD TO DO IN MY LIFE & I WILL NOT remain quit for one more second."

She added:

"August 6th i had a show in Orlando & @otf_doodielo was at my house along with my roommate and my son and his 3 year old cousin. Once i left this SICK man welted 3 screws (that he found in my toolbox) and shoved them up my sons anus. Scared and afraid my son hid the screws outside so he 'couldn’t find it & do it again' and never told me about it. He was trying to be sooo tough that he dealt with this for 2 months and it clearly was AFFECTING him. NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS i would think this would be my story ('my boyfriend sexually assaulting my son') My son and my life will never be the same. This is not a sympathy post or a clout post this is simply me a heartbroken mother WHO IS DOING EVERYTHING i can do for justice for MY SON ! While i'm patiently waiting for the police to complete there investigation I NEEDED to speak up and expose this SICK MAN to warn other females with kids and maybe other girls who dealt with him should talk to there kids. This couldn’t have been his first time but he picked the right family to f**k with. You just never know who people really are & what there capable of. Stay blessed."

 
READ ALSO: YouTuber Arrested Amid Child Abuse Reports; Loses Custody of Daughter
 
The audio below is very disturbing. Discretion is advised.
 


 

iStock / Getty Images Plus

An Alabama mother took on an 11-year-old student in a fistfight after she suspected the kid of bullying her child, according to authorities.

Nannatt Waldrop, 37, is charged with assault, trespassing and disorderly conduct for boarding a school bus to fight the 11-year-old, according to the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office.

Photo may have been deleted

YouTube/ WVTM 13

Waldrop was booked into the Jefferson County Jail and released on $10,500 bail, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports.

The fistfight, which was captured on a cellphone, occurred in the 1800 block of Martinique Drive in Central Point, northeast of Birmingham, NBC News reported.

"We are aware of the video circulating on social media of a fight that occurred on one of our school buses Tuesday morning," Jefferson County Superintendent Walter Gonsoulin said in a statement, according to NBC. "I want to be very clear: This type of behavior is unacceptable, and it will not be tolerated."

He added:

"While this is now a law enforcement matter, let me just say what I saw on that video deeply disturbs me. At no point is any type of violence acceptable, especially violence against students. We have been and will continue to cooperate fully with law enforcement."

He emphasized that parents are not allowed on school buses.
 

Paul Archuleta/FilmMagic

Syesha Mercado and her partner have retained civil rights lawyer Ben Crump to represent them in a custody battle in Florida.

The American Idol contestant and her partner, Tyron Deneer, lost custody of their newborn during a roadside encounter with Florida deputies on Wednesday, August 11.

Photo may have been deleted

YouTube

According to DailyMail.com, the couple was riding in a car with Deener's three children, ages 8, 7 and 5, from a previous relationship when the car was surrounded by sheriff's deputies.

The officers gave the couple a court order to hand over their then-10-day-old daughter, Asset Sba, for a checkup at a hospital.

The deputies said they were ordered by family court to take the newborn, TMZ reported.

In video footage, a tearful Mercado is seen slowly walking her newborn daughter over to DCF officials, pleading with them not to take her.

Mercado and Deneer's 15-month-old son, Amen'Ra, was taken away from the couple in March amid reports that the boy was severely malnourished.

Photo may have been deleted

Facebook

Both children remain in "medical foster care" with an "estranged relative."

"We don't want to say where for their safety, but they are not with their parents. And not with the person they would choose," said Crump's co-counsel Louis Baptiste.

Mercado, 34, explained her anguish in a video press conference on Tuesday.

"I went somewhere to get assistance. My baby was supposed to come home with me. We should have nor been criminalize for getting assistance for something."

Deneer added:

"If this can happen to us, it can happen to you. We have no criminal background. We have no history with DCF. We have done nothing wrong."

Mercado said she and Deneer are "just missing out on so many precious moments" with their young children.

"I am a first-time mom and I've been deprived of holding my babies, and feeding my babies. I didn't get to see Ra say, 'Mama' for the first time. I didn't get to see my babies meet for the first time. I didn't get to see that and I can't go back and redo that moment, I will never be able to go back and redo that moment.

"If you are a parent, if you are a grandparent, aunt, uncle, cousin, just know that we have agencies in place that have the ability to remove children without you breaking the law or abusing your niece, nephew, son."

Crump criticized the Manatee County Sheriff's Office for "dehumanizing" Mercado and Deneer.

The couple created a GoFundMe account that raised more than $420,000 of a $200,000 goal.
 

Photo may have been deleted

Courtesy Tamron Hall

Las Vegas police say a woman whose 5-year-old daughter died inside a hot house may have some sort of "mental illness."

Kemaya Taylor, 23, was arrested and charged with murder and abuse charges after her daughter was found dead on June 28, KTNV reports.

Police found the child's body while conducting a welfare check at the home.

They kicked open a locked bedroom door and found two girls. The unresponsive 5-year-old girl was lying on a blanket-covered bed, and a 2-year-old girl was standing next to the bed.

The scorching West Coast heatwave has caused dozens of deaths and sent hundreds of people to the emergency room.

Taylor told police the child's death was "a necessary sacrifice." Neighbors say they previously overheard her say "I killed it," and also that she claimed she was "the son of Jacob."

Neighbors said Taylor behaved strangely before the child was found wrapped in a locked bedroom during a 106-degree heatwave.

One of her neighbors told Las Vegas police that Taylor was sitting on a driveway with her children wrapped in blankets a few days before the death was discovered.

She was observed throwing rocks at cars and breaking out car windows with a blender.

Photo may have been deleted

Instagram

A boy who is seen being abused in a viral video on social media has been placed in the custody of the Georgia Division of Family & Children Services (DFCS).

In the video, the boy is verbally and physically abused by family members, including his own mother, because he has feminine tendencies.

The video shows the word "gay" shaved into the side of the child's head.

Atlanta police said the video was shared thousands of times on social media before someone notified the authorities.

A number of Atlanta residents helped police locate the boy, named Tyler.

"The behavior in this social media post was difficult to watch and is absolutely unacceptable," a spokesperson for the Atlanta Police Department said.

A GoFundMe account was created by Hope Giselle, a local LGBT rights activist, and Devin Barrington-Ward, who is running for Atlanta City Council.

"Tyler is now free from the traumatic experience of dealing and engaging with his biological family and is in the hands of the Atlanta DFACS," a statement on the GFM page reads.

"We've all had the chance to witness the story of Tyler. A boy whose viral video of public humiliation based on his sexuality inflicted by his family has rocks both the LGBT and the black community via social media for the last two days. Community activist, celebrities, and organizers of all kinds have gathered together to ensure that Tyler is no longer is an occupant of the violent home featured in the video however, the story does not stop there."

 

Photo may have been deleted

Facebook

The mother of a 16-year-old Massachusetts girl who died from suicide last month has an open case of child abuse.

The Boston Herald reports that Calvina Strothers, 41, was charged with assaulting a teenage child last year.

Mikayla Miller died from strangulation on April 17. Police found her with a thin belt looped around her neck and tied to a small tree branch. She died just steps away from the $3,800-a-month apartment she shared with her mom.

Strothers and activists blamed 5 white teenagers, including Mikayla's ex-girlfriend, for murdering her.

The child abuse charges are outlined in a Hopkinton police report dated March 6, 2020. The report doesn't name Mikayla, but she is Strothers' only child.

A worker at a local fast food restaurant called police to report a teenager had been struck in the face by her mother.

According to the report, the mother and child began to argue while riding in a car. Strothers pulled the car over and "began to hit her," striking her three or four times with an open and closed fist.

The officer noted that the daughter had a split bottom lip and was bleeding.

Photo may have been deleted

GoFundMe

The teenager told the officer that the argument started when she came home and noted Strothers throwing items around the room. She then allegedly hit Mikayla with a baseball bat before the teen ran away.

The officer spoke with Strothers who said she hit the teen to "defend herself," according to the police report. The officer observed that Strothers didn't have any marks on her from the fight.

Strothers was arrested and posted bail on April 17, 2020. Her next court date is July 23, 2021.

The officer called DFCS who removed Mikayla from the home. The 15-year-old was placed in temporary custody of the state.

Photo may have been deleted

GoFundMe

Strothers raised over $53,000 in a GoFundMe account created to fund an "independent investigation" into Mikayla's death.

Strothers is accused of neglecting and physically abusing Mikayla -- a member of the LGBT+ community -- and leaving her home alone for weeks while visiting her boyfriend in Chicago.

Photo may have been deleted

Miami-Dade PD

A 43-year-old Miami man has been arrested by police in connection with the abduction and rape of a 12-year-old boy.

Aliex Santiesteban was arrested on Monday night in Miami's Overtown neighborhood. He was charged with sexual battery with a deadly weapon, kidnapping and attempted murder.

He is being held in the Miami-Dade jail without bond, NBC Miami reported.

Police say the Hispanic boy was abducted off the street around 2 a.m. Saturday on 43rd Terrace and 30th Avenue.

The boy was walking down the street when a man pulled up alongside him, forced him into a vehicle, and drove him to an empty lot near Northwest 45th Street and 31st Avenue, where he was sexually assaulted in the back seat of the car.

Santiesteban allegedly shot the boy and pushed him out of the vehicle, WPLG Local News 10 reported.

A bystander heard the boy's screams and took him to a nearby convenience store where an employee called 911.

Police spokesman Alvaro Zabaleta told reporters the child car door locks had been activated, blocking the boy's escape.

Unbeknownst to his parents, the boy apparently snuck out of his house, and had arranged pillows on his bed to give the appearance he was asleep. He was on his way back home from his friend's house when he was abducted.

He is in critical condition at Jackson Memorial Hospital's Ryder Trauma Center, according to NBC Miami.

Photo may have been deleted

Facebook, Simpsonville PD

11 days after 3-year-old Victoria "Tori" Rose Smith was beaten to death by her foster parents, the Simpsonville, SC Police Department finally released a heavily redacted police report that gives very little information in the case.

The death of the foster child at the hands of "Worst Cooks in America" reality competition winner, Ariel Robinson, 29, and her husband Jerry Robinson, 34, made headlines around the world.

The police report was obtained by FITSNews on Monday. Nearly every line in the report was redacted, leaving more questions than answers.

A fire department crew was the first to arrive at the scene in response to a 911 call about an unresponsive child on January 14.

The fire department immediately suspected child abuse and put in a call to the police department for child abuse/aggravated assault and emergency protective custody at 2:25 p.m., according to FITSNews.

Police interviewed Ariel Robinson first. Nearly the entire interview with Ariel was redacted, except for the part where she told police that something happened the day before.

Ariel told her husband to call 911, according to the report. The 911 dispatcher instructed Ariel to move the child to the floor and begin chest compressions only.

Photo may have been deleted

Facebook

By the time police arrived, Tori had already been transported the hospital, where she was pronounced dead.

Police also interviewed Jerry Robinson, but he invoked his right to counsel and refused to answer any questions. The Robinsons were both charged with homicide by child abuse around 2:20 p.m. on January 19. -- five days after Tori died.

The South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (SLED) is investigating the case per South Carolina law when the unexpected death of a child is involved.

Social media sleuths dug into Ariel's internet history to find more details about her.

She is best known as the winner of Season 20 of "Worst Cooks in America" on the Food Network. The network scrubbed Season 20 from the internet on Monday.

According to Ariel's website, she was a middle school teacher. Her teaching license was suspended in 2019. She was also an aspiring stand-up comedienne, radio host and TV personality who frequently referred to herself as a mother of five.

The Robinsons adopted Victoria "Tori" Rose Smith and her two older brothers in December 2019. On Christmas Day, she wrote on Facebook:

"This Christmas, my family was given the best news ever!! We are growing our family by 3!!! We were chosen by the agency and called by God to take in 3 precious siblings who will be joining our family soon!"

Photo may have been deleted

Facebook

The Robinsons also had two boys prior to the adoption.

In a podcast episode, Ariel joked about punching her two sons in the throat while social workers were visiting the home during the adoption process.

She also talked about her anger management problem, saying she had anger inside of her.

She talked about how people can "snap," saying "If you get angry today and fly off the handle, punch somebody, kill somebody, assault, murder, you are one bad decision away from ruining the rest of your life," she said.

In a podcast episode that aired in November, Ariel said she was no longer suicidal and she didn't want to hurt others, because she likes her "freedom" too much.

"This is the first year I've literally and specifically prayed to God 'can you just let the rapture take place?'" Ariel Robinson said. "I literally hate it here. I literally hate this earth."

The Robinsons are being held without bond at the Greenville County Detention Center, according to Fox Carolina.
 

Photo may have been deleted

Maricopa County jail

A 32-year-old Arizona woman was arrested and charged with assault after she beat her three children for not wearing face masks.

Police were called to Michelle Boone's Wickenberg home Saturday night. Officers were told that she punched one child in the face, kicked a second child and picked up a minor child by the neck for not wearing masks despite all three children testing positive for the virus.

Charging documents obtained by AZ Central show Boone is facing three counts of child abuse, three counts of assault, disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.

Boone fled the home before police arrived but officers found hr walking down the street and arrested her, according to the documents.

Police say refused their command to stop and then fought them like a man when they tried to arrest her. She stopped resisting after an officer tased her with a stun gun.

She was transported to the Maricopa County jail and released on $5,000 bond.

Boone is seen smiling in her mugshot photo with a blue face mask tucked under her chin.

Court documents show Boone is no stranger to law enforcement. She was arrested for three previous incidents of domestic violence.

Studies have shown face masks do not stop the transmission of the coronavirus. A recent CDC report showed 74% of people who always wear masks still tested positive for Covid-19.