The Houston Rockets fined NBA star James Harden $50,000 after a video surfaced of him allegedly partying in a strip club without a mask.
The 31-year-old star player, who attended the party on Monday, Dec. 21, was in violation of the NBA’s health protocols, which forbids players from going into bars and nightclubs, or gathering in groups of more than 15 people.
The NBA canceled the Rocket's home opener against the Oklahoma City Thunder, after Harden's health code violation and several players tested positive, leaving the Rockets without the league-mandated eight players to play in a game.
Harden tested negative for Covid-19, meaning he will be eligible to play on Saturday.
Harden responded to the misunderstanding on his Instagram page.
"One thing after another. I went to show love to my homegirl at her event (not a strip club) because she is becoming a boss and putting her people in position of success and now it's a problem.
"Everyday it's something different. No matter how many times people try to drag my name under you can't. The real always end up on top [sic]."
A mouse startled customers when it jumped into a deep fryer at a Central Texas Whataburger restaurant. The incident happened in full view of paying customers at a Whataburger in Bastrop, Texas on Sunday morning.
A Facebook user shared video of the mouse running around on a countertop near the deep fryer station. The Facebook user provided narration as a customer went behind the counter to trap the mouse.
As the customer attempted to catch the mouse, the terrified critter leaped into the deep fryer full of hot grease.
Brushawn Lewis, who uploaded the video, wrote, "This s--- is crazy I'm at whataburger in Bastrop Tx. It's a damn rat just out in the open!".
"Oh, he went in the grease! That h*e is fried!" said Lewis. The video was viewed over 1 million times.
A restaurant worker offered refunds to customers who waited patiently for their orders.
A spokesman for Whataburger restaurants responded to the Facebook post, saying the particular Whataburger location was shut down and "sanitized".
"Thank you for bringing this to our attention. At Whataburger, cleanliness and food safety are top priorities for us. In this instance, we closed the restaurant out of an abundance of caution and notified pest control. The entire restaurant has since been cleaned and sanitized. We addressed this situation as quickly as possible, reinforcing procedures with our Family Members. While we'll continue to be very diligent, it's important to know there was no history of this type incident at this unit and there is no ongoing issue. A member of our team would like to reach out and address any concerns. Can you please share your contact information with us?"
A Tulsa, Oklahoma dentist is under investigation for serious health violations that may have exposed as many as 7,000 patients to HIV and hepatitis.
Yahoo News reports that Dr. Wayne Harrington is under investigation by the state dental board, the state bureau of narcotics and the federal Drug Enforcement Agency after one of his patients recently tested positive for hepatitis C and HIV with no known risk factors other than having dental work performed by Harrington.
Read more »