BrosNYC / BACKGRID

Jussie Smollett has apparently joined the growing coalition of LGBT+ celebrities who renounced their homosexuality.

Jussie was seen walking arm-in-arm with a mystery woman after having a romantic dinner at the Soho Grand Restaurant in Manhattan's Downtown area on October 2.

BrosNYC / BACKGRID

Jussie and his date were spotted a day before rapper Lil Nas X appeared to renounce his homosexuality in a tweet on October 1.

Other notables who renounced their homosexuality include viral stars Antoine Dodson and Andrew Caldwell.

BrosNYC / BACKGRID

Jussie came out publicly during an interview on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" in 2016.

"It was really important to me to make sure that it got across that there is no closet," he told Ellen.

"There's never been a closet that I've been in. I don't own a closet, I got a dresser, but I don't have a closet, but I have a home and that is my responsibility to protect that home."

He added:

"My mama knows, my mama likes me a lot and yes, I take her to 'The Sound of Music' sing-along every single year."

After a 2019 arrest for a hate crime hoax shook up his career, Jussie grew a beard and kept a low profile.

The 38-year-old former child actor is best known for his breakout role as Jamal Lyon on the FOX musical series Empire.

Emma McIntyre /Getty Images

The long-awaited 'Empire' spin-off, featuring Taraji P. Henson, has been put on hold indefinitely and probably forever.

The hip-hop soap opera, which was canceled last year due to poor ratings and the Jussie Smollett scandal, was set to transform into a new spin-off series.

However, Taraji - who plays the part of Cookie Lyon - revealed that plans for the new show have been delayed again.

Taraji explained that the new series - which was originally due to air last year - was "put to rest".

ShotbyNYP / BACKGRID

"I think we're gonna put it to rest for a sec. For me, the script has to be right. It has to be worthy of the audience. We have to give the audience something incredible, and sometimes, I think you need time, time away. I think absence makes the heart grow fonder."

Maciel / BACKGRID

Jussie was let go from 'Empire' after he was arrested for perpetrating a hoax involving two friends who were paid to shout racial and homophobic slurs at him, pour bleach on the actor and tie a noose around his neck in January 2019.

Meanwhile, Taraji is preparing to host the BET Awards this weekend in Los Angeles.

She told 'Entertainment Tonight', "It's all about the fashion. I would have to say for this one, it's about the entrance. I'm always going to try to make you laugh and forget about the woes and the troubles of the world, so look forward to a lot of fun, a lot of laughter, because that's what I like to do."

Taraji also revealed that the upcoming show will focus on celebrating the influence and achievements of black women, like Queen Latifah.

She said: "What I love particularly about this year, is that we are celebrating the black woman. This is the year of the black woman because the black woman has made incredible strides in changing history, politics, music - you name it, we done it."

Dia Dipasupil/Getty Images

Megan Thee Stallion hit back at Internet trolls who accused her of pulling a Jussie Smollett by lying about the seriousness of her foot injury for attention.

Smollett famously lied about being attacked by two racist Trump supporters in Chicago on January 29, 2019. He was later arrested for making a false police report.

Megan, 25, said she was shot in both feet, but she left out the name of the shooter.

Megan was shot after attending a pool party thrown by Kylie Jenner in Calabasas on July 12. The rapper was in a vehicle with singer Tory Lanez and her bestie when the alleged shooting occurred.

TheHollywoodFix.com / BACKGRID

Police arrested Lanez, 28, and charged him with a felony count of carrying a concealed weapon in a vehicle.

Police initially believed Megan was injured by broken glass because the jagged edges of her wound did not appear to be caused by a bullet.

Police are very familiar with gunshot wounds.

As rumors swirled that Megan made up the shooting story, she took to Instagram on Wednesday to put the rumors to bed.

The "WAP" rapper shared a graphic photo of her foot injury, and wrote:

"Lol what I have learned abt majority of the people on social media is y'all like to hear bad news before good news, a lie spreads quicker than the truth, and y'all really be believing the shit Y'ALL make up."

She added that she was shot in the back of her feet while she was walking away from the shooter. He's a really great shot if her story is to be believed.

"Why would I lie abt getting shot? Why are y'all so upset that I don't wanna be in the bed sad? Why y'all upset that I can walk? I usually don't address internet bullshit but y'all people are so sick!"

She said her stitches were removed about 2 weeks ago.

She concluded, "Sorry I'm not as sad and miserable as a lot of y'all lol but ima keep being Megan Thee Mf STALLION."

Judging from the photo, it doesn't look like she was shot. But I'm not a doctor.
 

View this post on Instagram

Lol what I have learned abt majority of the people on social media is y’all like to hear bad news before good news, a lie spreads quicker than the truth, and y’all really be believing the shit YALL make up... I got hit at the back of my feet because when I got shot I was WALKING AWAY FACING THE BACK. why would I lie abt getting shot? Why are y’all so upset that I don’t wanna be in the bed sad ? Why y’all upset that I can walk ? I got my stitches out my feet like 2 weeks ago and I was ready to go celebrate WAP going number1... I usually don’t address internet bullshit but y’all people are so sick! God was really watching over me and I’m healing so well! Sorry I’m not as sad and miserable as a lot of y’all lol but ima keep being Megan Thee Mf STALLION

A post shared by Hot Girl Meg (@theestallion) on

Chris Graythen/Getty Images

Bubba Wallace, NASCAR's only Black or biracial driver, continues to insist he was a victim of a racist incident at Talladega.

A crew member found what he says was a noose hanging in the garage at Talladega Superspeedway on Sunday.

The crew member and NASCAR officials apparently didn't notice that the same type of rope with a loop at the end was appended to all garage doors.

Jared C. Tilton/Getty Images

Instead of investigating the matter thoroughly, NASCAR officials announced the finding to the public and called in the FBI, who sent 15 agents to Alabama to investigate the pull cord.

The agents collected the evidence -- the pull cord -- and sent it to Quantico, Virginia for analyses. They interviewed dozens of drivers and crew members and reached the conclusion that no hate crime was committed.

The pull cord, they say, was in place in the garage since October 2019. And no one could have known that Wallace would be assigned that same garage bay in June 2020.

The FBI also found similar pull cords with hand loops at every garage door. This image from a 2017 video shows the pull cords.

Photo may have been deleted

NASCAR

Despite the FBI's conclusion, Wallace, 26, continues to insist the pull cord was a "straight up noose".

Wallace told NBC's TODAY on Wednesday that he was "relieved" he wasn't targeted, but he claimed someone tied the rope into a “noose" -- even if it was targeted at him.

"I've never seen anything like it," Wallace said, confirming that he did indeed see the pull cord.

Wallace said after he learned about the rope, he was "adamant" that he searched the garages to make sure it wasn't a pull rope.

"When I did find out, I was adamant about searching all the other garages and making sure that this wasn't a garage pull, and it ended up being one," he told NBC.

But even after admitting it was a pull rope, Wallace told "The View" on Tuesday that the rope was meant as a racist symbol.

Wallace became the laughing stock of NASCAR on Tuesday. Social media has dubbed him "Bubba Smollett" after disgraced actor Jussie Smollett who pulled a similar hate crime stunt in Chicago that ended his career.

"It's still frustrating to know that people are always going to test you and always just gonna try and debunk you," Wallace told NBC. "That's what I'm trying to wrap my head around now, from them saying that I'm fake and all this stuff, and I reported it when it was news that was brought to me, it was information that was brought to me that was already reported. So I was just kind of following suit."

Katelyn Mulcahy/Getty Images

The Internet is comparing NASCAR driver Bubba Wallace to disgraced actor Jussie Smollett.

Smollett, 38, is best known for allegedly orchestrating a hate crime hoax against himself in Chicago in 2019.

The FBI is investigating a racist incident in Wallace's team garage at Talladega. A noose was found hanging in the stall at Talladega Superspeedway in Talladega, Alabama on Sunday.

The noose was observed by a Wallace team member who works on his cars. Wallace reportedly did not see the noose.

A plethora of surveillance cameras monitor the NASCAR garage where millions of dollars worth of race cars and expensive tools are kept.

NASCAR drivers are not allowed to enter the garage before races. They must go directly from their trailers to their cars before the start of the race.

But that didn't stop rumormongers on the internet from accusing the 26-year-old Alabama native of making up the noose story.

Chris Graythen/Getty Images

Wallace is the only full-time Black or biracial driver in NASCAR's elite Cup Series. He drives for team owner and NASCAR Hall of Famer Richard Petty.

Petty supported Wallace at the track on Monday. Petty, 82, hasn't been seen at a NASCAR race since before the coronavirus pandemic.

Chris Graythen/Getty Images

Drivers joined together to push Wallace's #43 Victory Junction Chevrolet along pit road to the front of the the Geico 500 field before the start of the race on Monday.

NASCAR also painted "#IStandwith Bubba" on the infield at the Talladega Superspeedway.

Photo by Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images

Jussie Smollett has been caught in another lie. The disgraced actor and his alleged attacker, Abel Osundairo, previously enjoyed a sexual relationship, an insider has alleged.

The 37-year-old actor was arrested last January for making false reports to the Chicago Police Department after he claimed he was attacked by 2 Trump supporters in a vicious hate crime attack in the city.

The Chicago police insist he staged the attack himself to gain publicity and to earn more money from Empire producers.

Photo by Nuccio DiNuzzo/Getty Images

Investigators say Smollett paid Abel (pictured left) and his brother Ola Osundairo (right) to stage the beating.

The charges were eventually dropped by Harris's friend, state prosecutor Kim Foxx, probably as a favor to their friend Michelle Obama.

In February, the new special prosecutor indicted Smollett on 6 charges of disorderly conduct.

Smollett, who is reportedly related to California Sen. Kamala Harris, pleaded not guilty and denied the charges. He claimed he paid the brothers $3,500 for performance enhancing drugs, but not to stage a crime.

Photo may have been deleted

Photo: Fox TV

Smollett reportedly arranged for Abel and Ola to appear as extras in Empire. Ola is pictured at right in this jailhouse scene with Taraji P. Henson (center).

According to a new report, the former Empire star was sexually involved with Abel Osundairo after meeting at an upscale Chicago ghey bathhouse for affluent ghey men.

"They used to party together and he had a sexual relationship with (Abel)," a source told the New York Post's gossip column Page Six. "They went to this affluent Chicago bathhouse multiple times and they had to show ID. It's known as a bathhouse where a lot of affluent black gay men hang out.

"There should be a record (of their visits)," the source said, adding that the bathhouse records may be subpoenaed in Smollett's upcoming trial on charges of disorderly conduct.

Source: WENN.com

Photo by Nuccio DiNuzzo/Getty Images

Jussie Smollett pleaded not guilty during his arraignment hearing on charges of disorderly conduct stemming from a hate crime hoax in Chicago.

Smollett, 37, pleaded not guilty to six felony counts of disorderly conduct at the Cook County Courthouse on Monday.

Photo by Nuccio DiNuzzo/Getty Images

Abel Osundairo and Ola Osundairo, the two Nigerian brothers who say Smollett paid them to attack him, also appeared in court with their attorney Gloria Schmidt.

"They are here because they want the truth to be told," Schmidt told reporters. The brothers will testify at Smollett's trial.

Smollett lost his job on Fox TV's Empire after he staged a hate crime and blamed Trump supporters for assaulting him, tying a noose around his neck and pouring bleach on him.

A judge set Smollett's next hearing for March 18. He faces 30 years in prison if convicted on all charges.

JASON WAMBSGANS/AFP via Getty Images

Jussie Smollett's lawyer believes "politics" is to blame for the actor's indictment in Chicago on Tuesday.

The former 'Empire' star was indicted on charges of making false reports to the Chicago Police Department following a hate-crime hoax last year.

The 37-year-old disgraced actor is facing 6 new charges of disorderly conduct by special prosecutor Dan Webb, who was appointed to investigate why State Attorney Kim Foxx's initial 16-count felony indictment against Smollett was dropped.

Smollett's lawyer, Tina Glandian, released a statement criticizing the indictment on Tuesday, WENN.com reported.

"After more than five months of investigation, the Office of the Special Prosecutor has not found any evidence of wrongdoing whatsoever related to the dismissal of the charges against Mr. Smollett," she said.

Glandian defended Kim Foxx's action, saying "the charges were appropriately dismissed the first time because they were not supported by the evidence."

She suggested that the new charges were timed to disrupt Foxx's reelection as Illinois state prosecutor.

"The attempt to re-prosecute Mr. Smollett one year later on the eve of the Cook County State's Attorney election is clearly all about politics, not justice," Glandian said.

Smollett is due back in court on February 24, according to local news channel Fox32.

Photo by Maciel / BACKGRID

Actor Jussie Smollett has been indicted again in Chicago in connection with an alleged attack outside his high-rise condo in Streeterville in January 2019.

Special prosecutor Dan Webb indicted the former Empire actor on 6 charges of disorderly conduct, the Cook County Clerk's Office confirmed Tuesday.

Smollett said two Trump supporters ambushed him on a frigid night while on his way to a Subway restaurant for a late night sandwich.

Photo by Nuccio DiNuzzo/Getty Images

He said the men yelled racist slurs at him and choked him with a noose while pouring bleach on him. Police were immediately skeptical of Smollett's story.

Smollett was originally charged with 16 counts of felony disorderly conduct for allegedly lying to police about the alleged attack.

Prosecutors say Smollett orchestrated the attack with the help of two brothers, Abel and Abimbola Osundairo, who then fled to their native Nigeria. Federal agents arrested them when they returned to Chicago. The charges against the brothers were later dropped.

All charges were dropped against Smollett in February 2019 in exchange for community service and forfeiture of his $10,000 bond payment.

But a police union accused the Cook County prosecutor's office of misconduct.

Webb was appointed as special prosecutor to review State's Attorney Kim Foxx's actions in the case. Foxx is currently running for reelection as Illinois district Attorney.

No photo

Photo: Fox TV

Jussie Smollett may return for Empire's finale cliffhanger as the soap opera musical comes to an end in early 2020.

According to WENN.com, the disgraced actor could return for the sixth and final season cliffhanger if the showrunner gets his way.

Jussie's potential return to Empire for the finale is "being discussed", the showrunner has revealed.

The 36-year-old actor played openly homosexual singer/songwriter Jamal Lyon on the series. He is pictured above in a scene from Empire season 5.

Jussie was written out of the final two episodes of season 5 after he was arrested in Chicago for filing a false police report alleging he was the victim of a hate crime perpetrated by Trump supporters.

Empire producer Brett Mahoney told TV Line that the effeminate actor could be making a comeback as the series draws to a close.

"It would be weird in my mind to end this family show and this family drama of which he was such a significant part of without seeing him," Mahoney said. "It's fair to say it's being discussed, but there's no plan as of yet to bring him back. There's been no decision made."

Jussie's former co-star Vivica A. Fox also suggested he could be returning to the series.

Speaking about creator Lee Daniels' decision to cut Jussie out of Empire, Vivica told Andy Cohen on Watch What Happens Live last month: "That was tough. He's family. He's always gonna be family. Love him to death. But there was just too much drama surrounding the circumstances."

Vivica added: "I love him. And who knows? Don't count him out. Y'all may see him."

When Andy asked "On Empire?", the screen star responded with a coy fluttering of her eyelashes.