Scott Dudelson/Getty Images

Drakeo The Ruler has died from a stab wound he sustained at a Los Angeles music festival on Saturday, December 18. He was 28.

The rapper, whose real name was Darrell Caldwell, was stabbed in the neck during a fight between 2 groups of men backstage at the L.A. Exposition Park about 8:30 p.m. local time.

He was transported to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead on Sunday, Dec. 19, TMZ reported.

The Los Angeles native was one of the acts scheduled to perform during the Once Upon a Time in L.A. festival on Saturday. Snoop Dogg and 50 Cent's sets were canceled and the music festival was shut down by police an hour earlier than expected.

LAPD spokesman Officer Luis Garcia told the LA Times that no arrests have been made.

Once Upon a Time in L.A. is the second deadly Live Nation music festival in as many months.

10 concertgoers died during a stampede at rapper Travis Scott's Astroworld Music Festival in Houston on Nov. 5. Live Nation has been named in more than 100 wrongful death lawsuits stemming from the Astroworld tragedy.

Caldwell was acquitted of murder in 2019 stemming from an incident in Carson, California in 2016. He was also acquitted of 5 attempted murder charges and conspiracy to commit murder.

He was released from prison in November 2020 after serving three years.

Photo may have been deleted

Getty Images, Facebook

Ezra Blount, the 9-year-old boy who was trampled at Travis Scott's Astroworld music festival, has died.

The family's attorney Ben Crump confirmed Ezra's death in a statement late Sunday. Ezra is the youngest victim of the Astroworld tragedy.

Ezra was pronounced brain dead and removed from life support at Texas Children's Hospital in Houston. He had been in a medically-induced coma to relieve pressure on his brain.

Photo may have been deleted

Facebook

Ezra was sitting on his dad's shoulder when the crowd surged forward as surprise guest Drake took the stage at NRG Park on Nov. 5.

Treston Blount said he lost consciousness and collapsed and his son was trampled when he fell into the crowd.

The unconscious boy was admitted to Texas Children's Hospital under the name John Doe. His frantic family found him hours later and identified him.

Ezra is the second victim to die in the past week, and the tenth Astroworld death overall.

The family filed a lawsuit against Travis Scott and others on Tuesday.

Over 50,000 fans attended Day 1 of what was to be a two-day music festival. Experts say a crowd surge can produce more than 1,000 pounds of pressure at the front of the stage.

Over 100 lawsuits have been filed naming Scott, Live Nation Entertainment, NRG Park, and other entities as co-defendants.

A $26 million insurance policy was in place in case of deaths or injuries. However, lawsuit damages are expected to top $100 million.

Scott, 29, earned over $65 million from Astroworld ticket sales and sponsorships.

Photo may have been deleted

YouTube / ABC News

An attorney representing Travis Scott claims the troubled rapper wasn't aware that people were dying as he performed at his Astroworld Festival in Houston.

Nine people died and hundreds were injured during a stampede at the music festival on Nov. 5. But Scott performed for another 40 minutes.

Attorney Edwin F. McPherson claims the rapper was unaware of the chaos and deaths until the next morning.

In an interview on ABC's Good Morning America on Friday, McPherson called the chaos a "systemic breakdown" and said people should wait for the investigation before "we start pointing fingers at anyone.".

Erika Goldring/WireImage

McPherson claims the rapper nor his crew were ever informed that officials declared the concert a mass casualty event.

"He's up there trying to perform. He does not have any ability to know what's going on down below," McPherson said. "Travis didn't really understand the full effect of everything until the next morning. Truly, he did not know what was going on."

When asked about Scott's history of inciting the crowd to violence, McPherson said the rapper did what any other performer has done.

Rick Kern/Getty Images

"Travis as an artist has really grown up a lot. I have spoken personally to him about this and he really didn't understand the magnitude of his power up on the stage as a young performer. He's really matured over the years."

So far, 150 lawsuits have been filed against Scott, Live Nation Entertainment, and NRG Park where the concert was held.

The festival was insured for $26 million, but wrongful death claims are expected to surpass $100 million.

Scott has earned around $65 million overall from the festival, according to reports.

Watch the interview below.
 

Photo may have been deleted

iStock / Getty Images Plus

Travis Scott has offered to cover the funeral expenses for fans who died at his Astroworld Festival.

TMZ reports Scott will fully cover any and all funeral costs for the 8 people who passed away at the concert this weekend.

The families haven't said if they will accept his offer. A few families created GoFundMe accounts to raise funeral expenses.

According to TMZ, Scott will partner with BetterHelp -- a network of mental health professionals -- to offer mental health services, for free.

Scott also announced he will refund all tickets to Astroworld.

The troubled rapper is desperate to repair his public image amid reports that he has a history of encouraging his fans to harm themselves.

THOMAS SHEA/AFP via Getty Images

Bryanna Morales, 17, poses at a makeshift memorial on the NRG Park grounds near where 8 people died. Morales was among hundreds injured during a crowd surge on Friday night.

Morales says she was knocked down twice and injured her foot during the concert. She says "the medical staff was not properly trained. I was taken into the medical tent because I was having a hard time breathing and all they did was hand me a bottle of water and told me to sit in the corner."

WENN/Avalon

The show will not go on for Travis Scott. Sources say the embattled rapper was dropped as headliner of the upcoming Day N Vegas music festival.

The troubled rapper faces lawsuits and allegations that he put his fans' lives in danger by allegedly encouraging them to sneak into his Astroworld Festival in Houston on Friday.

8 people died and hundreds more were injured during a stampede and rumors of fentanyl overdoses in the crowd.

Rick Kern/Getty Images

Scott was scheduled to headline the Day N Vegas festival on Saturday, Nov. 13, but a source says he was asked to withdraw. Other festivals are also contacting Scott's team to express their concerns.

"What music festival wants that kind of publicity?," the source said.

Other sources claim he cancelled because he was "too distraught to play."

On Sunday, the first lawsuit was filed against the rapper, his management, a concert promoter, and NRG Park where the festival was held.

Concertgoer Kristian Paredes says he was "seriously injured during the stampede and crowd surge on Friday.

He is asking for $1 million in damages.

Meanwhile, Scott has offered to refund all tickets to the 2-day Astroworld Festival. Day 2, scheduled for Saturday, Nov. 6, was canceled following the disaster.

Photo may have been deleted

Rogers PD

The first lawsuit has been filed against troubled rapper Travis Scott after eight people lost their lives during his Astroworld Festival on Friday.

Kristian Paredes, 23, from Austin, Texas, was "seriously injured" during a deadly stampede at NRG Park in Houston on Nov. 5.

Rick Kern/Getty Images

In the lawsuit, obtained by DailyMail.com, Paredes accused Scott of "inciting the crowd" to surge forward.

Paredes' attorney said people were trampled at the front when Scott initiated a countdown and then emerged onstage with special guest Drake around 9 p.m. Friday. Drake was not among the scheduled performers.

"The crowd became chaotic and a stampede began leaving eight dead and dozens including Kristian Paredes severely injured," the court papers stated.

"Many begged security guards hired by Live Nation Entertainment for help, but were ignored," the document says.

The lawsuit said Drake and the other defendants, Live Nation and NRG Park, "knew or should have known of" Scott's "prior conduct."

The lawsuit claimed the injuries and deaths were due to the "negligence, carelessness and recklessness" of the "defendants, their agents, servants and employees, in the ownership, management, maintenance, operation, supervision, and the control of the subject premises."

Paredes is asking for $1 million in damages. He is seeking a jury trial.

Erika Goldring/WireImage

Hours after the tragedy, Scott's Astroworld team released a statement claiming a man was going around injecting people with an unknown substance.

However, an ICU nurse who attended the concert said no one saw a man injecting anyone.

"It was definitely overcrowded," ICU nurse Madeline Eskins told Rolling Stone.

Erika Goldring/WireImage

Eskins said the medical staff were untrained and inexperienced. She said they didn't know how to check for a pulse, and as a result, they performed CPR on people who had a pulse and didn't need chest compressions.

"Some of these medical staff had little to no experience with CPR - didn't know how to check a pulse, carotid or femoral," Eskins wrote on Instagram.

"Compressions were being done without a pulse check so ppl who had a pulse were getting CPR, but meanwhile there was not enough people to rotate out doing compressions on individuals that were actually pulseless. The medical staff didn't have the tools to do their jobs and despite the crowd around us trying to get someone to stop the concert they just kept going, even though Travis acknowledged that someone in the crowd needed an ambulance."

Scott was criticized for finishing his 75-minute set while chaos swirled around him.

On Saturday, Scott shared a video on social media in which he showed no remorse and claimed to care about his fans.
 

 
His words conflicted with his past behavior. The 29-year-old rapper was twice convicted of encouraging fans to jump security barriers and rush the stage at previous concerts.

In 2017, a fan was paralyzed after he was pushed off a "severely overcrowded" balcony during a concert at Terminal 5 in New York City.

Kyle Green's attorneys say Friday's deaths could have been prevented had Scott learned his lesson from the past.

Green, who is in a wheelchair, sued Scott, his management, a concert promoter, and a security company in 2017. His lawsuit is still pending.

Video taken by a fan at the same concert in 2017 shows Scott encouraging another fan to jump from the balcony.

"I see you, but are you gonna do it?" Scott repeatedly asked the fan. "They gonna catch you. Don't be scared. Don't be scared!"

Watch the video below.
 

Erika Goldring/WireImage

At least eight people died and over 300 were injured during a stampede at rapper Travis Scott's Astroworld Festival in his hometown of Houston, Texas on Friday night.

8 people, including a 10-year-old boy, were pronounced dead at area hospitals. 23 others are hospitalized.

Police say the dead and injured were trampled when 50,000 people surged over barricades at the front of the stage on Day 1 of the sold out music festival at NRG Park.

Officials referred to the incident as a "mass casualty event" during a press conference on Saturday morning.

Houston Police Chief Troy Finner said authorities have "heard rumors of people injecting people with drugs" at the show, but added "I think it's very important that none of us speculate."

A source close to concert organizers told the NY Post:

"This was a targeted attack on innocent people, including a child. People were being spiked against their own will. The crowd surge was from panic because people were running for safety."

Erika Goldring/WireImage

Scott and fellow rapper Drake were performing onstage at the time of the fatal stampede around 9 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 5.

Angry fans took to Twitter to criticize Scott for not stopping the concert as his fans lay dying.

Footage shot at the scene shows paramedics performing CPR on unresponsive fans on the ground.

Social media influencer and reality star Kylie Jenner and her thee-year-old daughter, Stormi, both attended her boyfriend Travis Scott's concert. Kylie's sister, model Kendall Jenner, was also backstage. They were not injured.

The 29-year-old "Sicko Mode" rapper, real name Jacques Webster II, is best known for his hit singles "Antidote", "Mafia" and "Escape Plan" and for fathering two children with Kylie, 24.

Day 2 of Scott's Astroworld Festival has been canceled.

Watch video of fans breaking through a fence below.
 

The Jacksons

Simon Earl / Splash News

The Jacksons will perform a tribute to their late brother Michael Jackson when they headline the Happy Days Festival this Saturday, August 28.

The famed brothers - Marlon Jackson, 64, Jermaine Jackson, 66, Jackie Jackson, 70, and Tito Jackson, 67, will headline the festival in Surrey, England.

The group will perform in concert the day before what would have been Michael's 63rd birthday on Sunday, August 29.

Tito Jackson revealed he and his siblings will sing a selection of songs by the King of Pop - who died in June 2009 at the age of 50.

Anthony Dixon \ WENN

When asked if Michael would be remembered during their set, Tito said:

"Absolutely, it's going to be fun. We will sing songs from his albums, like Rock With You and Can't Let You Get Away.

"We've been doing tributes to Michael for some time now, it's one of my favorite parts of the show. We miss him and we miss being on records on with him."

Anwar Hussein/WENN.com

15-year-old Michael is pictured performing with brothers Marlon, left, and Jackie, right, in London in 1974.

The Happy Days gig is the first time The Jacksons will be back on stage since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020.

Tito says those in attendance can expect all the hits from the Jackson 5's Motown days.

He told BANG Showbiz:

"I'm excited. The fans can expect to hear the Jackson 5 hit records with a lot of energy."

 

Photo by BKNY / BACKGRID

Rapper Lil Kim was spotted doing some early morning retail therapy at Balmain on Melrose Place after a night of partying at Floyd Mayweather's 43rd birthday bash in Hollywood.

The iconic rapper is in heavy demand for appearances at music festivals. The mom-of-one is booked to appear at Snoop Dogg's Lovers & Friends music festival. Lil Kim took to social media to announce "The check has cleared."

Photo by 42 / BACKGRID

The 44-year-old "Get Money" rapper is also booked to perform at Atlanta Funk Fest 2020 on the weekend of May 29 and 30. Kim is on the bill alongside Missy Elliott, Ludacris, Xscape, T.I., The-Dream, Bobby V, Tweet and more.

Tickets are available at the Funk Fest website or call 1-800-514-3849.

Photo by 42 / BACKGRID

No photo

Photos by WENN.com

Drake responded to "kids" booing him off the stage at Tyler, The Creator's annual Camp Flog Gnaw music festival in Los Angeles over the weekend.

The Canadian superstar was booed off the stage at the annual concert that showcases homosexual and bisexual musicians on one stage.

Drake was a surprise guest who performed nine songs after A$AP Rocky and Lil Uzi Vert finished their short sets.

According to WENN.com, it had been rumored that rapper Frank Ocean, 32, was scheduled to perform during the evening, so when the "God's Plan" rapper stepped onstage, he was met with a chorus of boos from the crowd.

Drake was baffled by the crowd's low energy and tried using psychology to get a rise out of them. "I'm here for you tonight. If you want to keep going, I will keep going," he said. But it didn't work, as the impatient concertgoers yelled "Nooooo!"

The rap superstar politely bid the crowd goodbye and ended his set 20 minutes early. "It's been love. I love y'all. I go by the name of Drake. Thank you for having me," he said.

The next day, Drake addressed the entitled crowd, joking that he signed a 10-year residency for the festival.

"Plot twist… just signed a 10 year residency at Camp Flog Gnaw sorry kids see you EVERY SINGLE YEAR till you are 30."
 

The reasons for the crowd's rude reaction to Drake's performance varied. Many say the young crowd expected to see LGBT+ musicians perform, but they got closeted rapper Drake instead.

According to Variety.com, Drake was simply too old for the entitled "young, sarcastic" Generation Z snowflakes in the audience.

"Hey, you know he is 33 now," Variety.com joked.

Tyler, The Creator ripped into the crowd, calling them "assholes" and "rude" for disrespecting the biggest rapper on the planet.

"I thought bringing one of the biggest artists on the f—ing planet to a music festival was fire!," he wrote. "But flipside, a lil tone deaf knowing the specific crowd it drew. Some created a narrative in their head and acted out like assholes when it didnt come true and i dont f— with that … That sh– was like mob mentality and cancel culture in real life and i think that sh– is f—ing trash."