Photo may have been deleted

Getty Images

Sources have confirmed that Sharon Osbourne will not return to U.S. daytime show "The Talk" when it resumes production next month.

The British TV personality was let go after an on-air controversy with a co-host and allegations of racism.

Osbourne came under fire for her defense of fellow Brit newsman Piers Morgan's verbal attack on Meghan Markle, Duchess of Sussex.

Photo may have been deleted

CBS

During the segment, co-host Sheryl Underwood, 2nd from right, suggested Morgan's comments about Markle were racist, but Osbourne, center, became upset, claiming Underwood's outburst inferred that she was a racist.

"I feel like I'm about to be put in the electric chair because I have a friend who many people think is racist, so that makes me a racist," Osbourne grumbled.

Osbourne later apologized on Twitter to "anyone of color that I offended and/or to anyone that feels confused, or let down by what I said."

On March 15, insiders said Osbourne would not return to the show and that producers were quietly interviewing Osbourne's replacement -- possibly Holly Robinson-Peete, who claimed Osbourne said she was "too ghetto" for The Talk.

Then actress Leah Rimini recalled that Osbourne referred to former colleague Julie Chen as "slanty eyes" and lesbian actress Sara Gilbert a "pu--y licker."

Osbourne vigorously denied the allegations and claimed she hired bodyguards due to "death threats".

"The Talk" is set to return to CBS on April 12.
 

This is an open post where you can discuss any subject matter. This post will not be censored or moderated. Disqus may automatically moderate certain words considered offensive. There are no rules in Open Posts. So enter at your own risk.

Photo may have been deleted

Getty Images

Sharon Osbourne will not be on the set when CBS's "The Talk" returns from hiatus this week, according to insiders.

CBS paused The Talk on Monday -- canceling several shows -- as producers "investigate" comments made by co-host Osbourne about her friend, Piers Morgan.

While the investigation is ongoing, word has it that producers are quietly interviewing Osbourne's replacement -- possibly Holly Robinson-Peete, who claimed Osbourne said she was "too ghetto" for The Talk.

Photo may have been deleted

CBS

The Talk may restart filming on Wednesday -- without Osbourne at the table, according to Variety.

Drama ensued last week when Piers Morgan slammed Meghan Markle for her tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey. Morgan called Markle a "Pinocchio princess" who lied about being suicidal.

He abruptly walked off the set of Good Morning Britain and quit when his co-host called him out about his Markle comments.

Rocky/WENN.com

Osbourne, who was born in London, rushed to her fellow countryman's defense, which upset her American co-hosts including comedienne Sheryl Underwood.

"While you are standing by your friend, it appears that you are giving validation or safe haven to something that he has uttered that is racist," said Underwood, who is Black.

Michael Schwartz/Getty Images

Osbourne then asked: "So if I like Piers and he's seen as racist, I'm racist? Is that what you're saying?"

Osbourne, who doesn't understand Americans' tendency to see racism in everything, asked Underwood to tell her what "racist" statement Morgan uttered.

Osbourne later apologized on Twitter to "anyone of color that I offended and/or to anyone that feels confused, or let down by what I said."

She said she "panicked" and "felt blindsided" by CBS and Underwood, who had a long list of accusatory questions for Osbourne.

"I'm a big girl. I'm a professional," Osbourne said. "However, CBS blindsided me. I don't know why they did it to me. The showrunners told me it came from executives to do this to me."

Photo may have been deleted

CBS

CBS talk show "The Talk" is going on a break while the network probes a heated conversation that occurred when co-host Sharon Osbourne defended her friend, Piers Morgan, last week.

Morgan slammed Meghan Markle for her tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey, then he quit his coveted job at ITV's Good Morning Britain.

Osbourne rushed to his defense, which upset her American co-hosts including Sheryl Underwood, who said, "While you are standing by your friend, it appears that you are giving validation or safe haven to something that he has uttered that is racist."

Osbourne then asked: "So if I like Piers and he's seen as racist, I'm racist? Is that what you're saying?"

After the episode aired, Osbourne apologized on Twitter for her comments and to "anyone of color that I offended and/or to anyone that feels confused, or let down by what I said."

She said she was "panicked, felt blindsided [and] got defensive."

Photo may have been deleted

Getty Images, CBS

Then actress Holly Robinson-Peete (left) chimed in, saying Osbourne, 68, played a role in getting her fired from The Talk after Osbourne (right) said Peete was "too ghetto" for the show.

"I'm old enough to remember when Sharon complained that I was too 'ghetto' for #theTalk... then I was gone," Peete, 56, tweeted last week.

"I bring this up now bc I was mortified watching the disrespectful condescending tone she took w/her co host who remained calm & respectful because...she HAD to..."

Osbourne denies calling Peele "Ghetto."

Photo may have been deleted

Getty Images

Piers Morgan famously stormed off the set of Good Morning Britain and quit on Monday, after Meghan Markle filed a formal complaint with ITV.

In his rant prior to his departure from the show, Morgan, 55, referred to Markle as "Princess Pinocchio" - and he suggested she lied about being suicidal.

"I don't believe almost anything that comes out of her mouth and I think the damage she's done to the British monarchy and to the Queen at a time when Prince Philip is lying in hospital is enormous and frankly contemptible," he said.

Following Morgan's remarks on the show, Markle, 39, complained directly to ITV's CEO Dame Carolyn McCall, the former boss of the Guardian newspaper, who signed off on the million-dollar deal to air Markle's interview with Oprah Winfrey on the ITV Network.

In her complaint, Markle said Morgan's views could upset people with mental health problems.

It is understood that ITV formally ordered Morgan to apologize to Markle, but he refused.

"I still don't believe Meghan," he told reporters on Tuesday. He suggested she is a narcissist who manipulates everyone to get what she wants.

WPA Pool/Getty Images

"If I have to fall on my sword for expressing an honestly-held opinion about Meghan Markle and that diatribe of bilge that she came out within that interview, so be it. I think it's fair to say, although the woke crowd will think that they've canceled me, I think they will be rather disappointed when I re-emerge."

Later, he tweeted:

"On Monday, I said I didn't believe Meghan Markle in her Oprah interview. I've had time to reflect on this opinion, and I still don't [believe her]. If you did, OK. Freedom of speech is a hill I'm happy to die on. Thanks for all the love, and hate. I'm off to spend more time with my opinions."

Photo may have been deleted

Morgan wasn't the only public figure to criticize Markle. She was also slammed by her former "Suits" co-star Wendell Pierce during a radio interview in London.

Pierce lashed out at Markle, her husband Harry Windsor, and television mogul Oprah for causing a distraction by airing the bombshell interview during a pandemic.

"Today 3,000 people are going to die in America from Covid," he said, per the Daily Mail. "A couple of hundred people are going to die, even this hour, in the UK."

Photo may have been deleted

NBCUniversal via Getty Images

Pierce, 54, suggested that Markle was wrong for claiming to be suicidal in the midst of worldwide death.

He said he found it "quite insensitive and offensive that we are all complicit in this sort of palace gossip in the midst of so much death. I think it is insignificant."

The actor clarified that he was criticizing "everyone" involved in the interview, including Winfrey, television networks CBS and ITV, Harry, Markle and the Palace.

He also insisted that the royal family shouldn't engage in such gossip, but should instead "focus on the throes of death that we're in."

Later, Pierce tweeted that the British monarchy is historically racist.

"The British monarchy is archaic in my American eyes. If slavery, colonialism and apartheid didn't educate you that they are racist, you failed history."

He also clarified that he supports mental health issues, and that he is "in no way ... insensitive to suicide."

"Unfortunately my family has suffered the pain of losing someone to suicide. I never was interviewed by the Daily Mail and their story manipulated my words in a radio interview," Pierce said. "As I told Meghan, I support her and wish her all the best."

Photo by BEN STANSALL/AFP via Getty Images

Piers Morgan unleashed his fury at the departing Prince Harry, who gave an emotional speech during a private party for his African charity in England on Sunday night.

"Once Meghan and I were married, we were excited. We were hopeful and we were here to serve," Harry said on Sunday. "For those reasons it brings me great sadness that it has come to this."

"The decision that I have made for my wife and I to step back is not one I made lightly. It was so many months of talks, after so many years of challenges, and I know I haven't always gotten it right, but as far as this goes there really was no other option."

Harry's speech came one day after Queen Elizabeth released a statement saying Harry and his wife Meghan Markle will stop using their HRH titles this spring.

It is believed that the Queen refused to allow Harry and Meghan to use their HRH titles to prevent them from profiting off their royal names.

Morgan lashed out at the 35-year-old Prince in a scathing editorial published in the Daily Mail Online on Monday.

Photo may have been deleted

Photo by Ross Kinnaird/Getty Images

"The cause of his 'great sadness' is that he and his wife Megan are quitting the Royal Family to go and live in North American and be full-time celebrities," wrote Morgan.

The British journalist called Harry and Meghan "just another pair of grasping, money-chasing celebrities."

Referring to them as "royal Kardashians," Morgan laughably dismissed Harry's claim that he and Meghan "will continue to lead a life of service."

"We've already seen from the cringe-making clips of him (successfully) hustling the boss of Disney for Megan for voiceover work, that the only service on their minds is to commercially exploit their royal status and promote her acting career."

"Oh, I know, I know... the only accepted narrative, certainly on Twitter, is that the mean, beastly, racist media has driven out poor Harry and Meghan with our despicable antics," Morgan wrote.

"It could just be that Meghan and Harry are a pair of spoiled, entitled, hypocritical brats who decided to hold the Queen and Monarchy to ransom so they could have their royal cake and eat it, and have now had their bluff called and sent packing."

Morgan added: "We shamefully refused to let them lecture us about the environment AND use private jets like taxis!"

Morgan was referring to the recent controversy when Harry and Meghan were criticized for constantly complaining about the climate - while flying all over the world in luxury private jets.

The furor died down after Harry and Meghan agreed to fly commercial jets rather than private jets which can cost $250,000 for a round trip from London to Canada.

Morgan's column was published as Prince Harry attended the UK-Africa Investment Summit in London on Monday. The media is calling it his final official duty as an ex-royal before he heads to Canada to join Meghan and their son Archie Harrison.

Pool/Samir Hussein/WireImage

Officials at Britain's the Mail On Sunday newspaper vowed to "vigorously defend" themselves against Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's lawsuit.

On Tuesday, Prince Harry released a rare statement, revealing he and Meghan have filed a lawsuit against the Mail over misuse of private information, infringement of copyright and breach of the Data Protection Act 2018.

Pool/Samir Hussein/WireImage

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, claimed the publication published false information in the "intrusive and unlawful publication of a private letter written by the Duchess of Sussex", to her estranged father Thomas Markle.

The royals claim parts of the letter were edited and redacted, but representatives for the Mail on Sunday insist they stand by the initial story, and intend to fight the lawsuit.

In a lengthy statement on his personal website, Prince Harry wrote,

"Unfortunately, my wife has become one of the latest victims of a British tabloid press that wages campaigns against individuals with no thought to the consequences – a ruthless campaign that has escalated over the past year, throughout her pregnancy and while raising our newborn son."

He added:

"My deepest fear is history repeating itself. I've seen what happens when someone I love is commoditised to the point that they are no longer treated or seen as a real person. I lost my mother and now I watch my wife falling victim to the same powerful forces."

In an editorial for the Daily Mail Online, Piers Morgan said Harry is "playing the victim card."

"Oh please. Give me a bloody break, your royal highness!" Morgan said.

"The old Prince Harry, the courageous soldier and fun-loving party boy, would never have spewed such sanctimonious guff," Morgan wrote.

Morgan added that Harry has been "Meghan-ed" by his wife, who is pulling his strings.

"Sadly, he's been Meghan-ed and that means when he's not pontificating piously about progressive woke issues, he's playing the victim card."

Pool/Samir Hussein/WireImage

Meanwhile, Prince Harry and Meghan visited the Tembisa Township to learn about Youth Employment Services during their royal tour of South Africa in Johannesburg on Wednesday, October 2.

Royal watchers were delighted to see the Duchess wearing another of her favorite oversized shirt dresses.

Outspoken journalist Piers Morgan slammed socialite Amber Rose on Twitter.com, calling her half naked photo on Instagram.com "bullshit".

It all started when the attention-seeking mother-of-one shocked her followers by posting a partially nude photo of herself on Instagram on Saturday. She was dressed in an open coat, a bikini top and nothing else underneath.

Read more »

1970s pop star Cher made a memorable comeback at the 2017 Billboard Music Awards, held at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas on Sunday.

After winning the BMAs Icon Award for lifetime achievement, the statuesque 71-year-old took to the stage wearing pasties for her first live awards show performance in 15 years.

Read more »