Nivea and the Dream Divorcing

Producer The Dream, who rose to prominence when he penned the super hit “Umbrella” for Rihanna is divorcing his R&B singer wife Nivea. Many skeptics in the industry believe this is a publicity stunt to boost the image of the mostly unknown producer. According to Nivea, who released a statement confirming the divorce, The Dream is the greatest man she’s ever met and she doubts he can be replaced:

I come from a sad and scary past that I am still in the process of overcoming and growing past, thanks to the man I love and always will. This is truly the only person I’ve ever known or heard of that is incredibly loving, passionate, wise, psychic, creative, genius, and many more things that I could never put into words. I don’t feel it is fair for neither of us, especially him, to continue this never-ending battle of the minds that he and i have continued for long enough.

Spotted on CM&V

30 Responses to “Nivea and the Dream Divorcing”

I’m glad I read the because at first I was like, who the hell are these people and why should I care they are getting divorce? Well I still don’t care, but at least I know who they are now.

Coo Coo Bananas says:

“I don’t feel it is fair for neither of us, especially him, to continue this never-ending battle of the minds that he and i have continued for long enough”

What’s that suppose to mean?

sanaa312 says:

It Was Kiesha
    It Was Sonya
    It Was Tonya
    It Was Monique
    It Was Neesee
    It Was Keke
    That came between their relationship.

leesalisa says:

Well it was a rumor that he is dating the lead video girl from his new video.

ed2097 says:

It sounds like The Dream wrote her statement for her.

licia says:

well i hope that they can still get along for the sake of their child.

i agree sandra. if he is all of that i would never let him go. so many women are looking for a man like that .

Bsoul says:

Sandra said: The Dream possesses all those attributes and she’s still divorcing him? Nowadays, a good man like that is hard to find, especially one who is wise, psychic, creative, and a genius. Hell, I’ll take him!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Girl, you’re a mess! I am laughing out loud!

@ CocoBananas. That means they were driving eachother crazy. LoL!

aqtpie says:

I read on a blog earlier this month, that he planned to file for divorce on the 11th of this month so I guess the divorce rumors were true. Since she said all that good stuff about him, I suppose the rumors about he and Kris Jacob is just a rumor. I hope they continue to be mature about the divorce, especially for the sake of their daughter.

charm says:

I’m a little annoyed by this. Although, I don’t know either one of them personally, but it just makes me upset how these dudes get a little taste of fame and all of a sudden they realize that their wife isn’t the one for them anymore! Well, I guess you can say it’s for the better so while he’s out touring and whoring with these scaliwags he won’t have any strings attached- even though my girl NIvea doesn’t sound like she’s really ready to let it go.

shayshay says:

You Sound real RETARDED Sandra to say she should have Stayed with him just because She chose the high road and say Nice things about the Father of her Child INSTEAD of Calling him the Egotistical, CHEATIN Asshole he has Become.
    Only Pathetic Bitches like U & licia Stay and look the other way and become Door Mats.
    If he is No longer the Man you fell in love with, You doing the Right thing For YOU Nevea, Let the LEECHES & Licia’s Have his ASS, cuz when the Checks stop Comin in, their Skanky Asses will be to.

brinabelle says:

poor nivea..she can’t win..first wayne, now dream..maybe she’ll lay off the industry dude’s & find a real man, not a baby

2bme says:

I wouldn’t be surprised if it was the taste of fame that got to him, he’s been in the background for a while..but star status is new. No one would be checking for him otherwise…he looks like your pudgy little brother. I hope everything works out and they can be friends for real and not just a PR move

Damn…is she so hard up for content for her songs?

licia says:

shayshay Says:

^^ lmfao @ this broad thinking that she knows ME. lmao first of all i have never heard of this dude before now . second of all i’m going by what nivea( that’s how you spell her name btw lol) said and if you go back and read what i said , i did put the would IF in that sentence. i guess the comprehension part of hooked on phonics didn’t work for you right ? if he is a cheating so and so like you said then it’s good that they are divorcing . i have no knowledge of what went on in their marriage . nor do i give to sh*ts about it . i stand by what i said so you have a nice day love.

i really needed that laugh .

milly says:

Damn thats crazy…if hes so wonderful then why are they divorcing, he must be cheating.

shayshay says:

No Dumbass( Licia ) what You really need is a Bath U Stupid bitch!
    Have a good Day LOVE
    Shay( Thats how ya Spell mine BTW)
    Insinuating She should stay with a Man who does’nt treat you as you would like..THATS whats wrong with dUMBASS Broads Like U & SANDRA 2!

tbrown says:

Okay, so he wrote “Umbrella”, what else has he written?

mina says:

I didn’t even know they were married!

licia says:

shayshay Says:

No Dumbass( Licia ) what You really need is a Bath U Stupid bitch!
    Have a good Day LOVE
    Shay( Thats how ya Spell mine BTW)

^^ lmfao internet thuggin at it’s best . lmfao

AreUForReal says:

shayshay Says:

No Dumbass( Licia ) what You really need is a Bath U Stupid bitch!
    Have a good Day LOVE
    Shay( Thats how ya Spell mine BTW)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Okay did any of this help you make a valid point? Uhm, NO!!! Listen up newbies we’ve never had a bunch of immature bickering before and we are not about to have this **** now!!!! Post all the opinions you want, but please remember that they are just like assholes. Everybody has one. If you think somebody’s stinks leave them the hell alone!!!

Now on to the post >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It sounds like Nivea is the one who messed up to me. I mean really think about it. If this man was cheating on her and dogging her why would she release a statement saying how wonderful he is? On the other hand if she messed up and wants to stay in his good graces so she can get that good good alimony check, she’ll say whatever he wants her to. It’s easy for people to always put it on the dude. We ladies do our fair share of acting out to sometimes.

Besides y’all are acting like Nivea is an angel. Is anyone forgeting that she was engaged to Lil’ Wayne when she got pregnant by Dream , and married him? Was I the only one to read the article on their engagement one month and then see her on the cover of another magazine the next month with a new dude and a belly?

licia says:

AreUForReal Says:

shayshay Says:

No Dumbass( Licia ) what You really need is a Bath U Stupid bitch!
    Have a good Day LOVE
    Shay( Thats how ya Spell mine BTW)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

^^ thanks for saying this .

kpakpando says:

Somebody needs a time out.

The rates of divorce these days are alarming what’s really going on. If you guys have a battle of minds constantly then seek counseling, people just up and divorce all willy nilly as if it’s breaking up with your middle school boyfriend. So sad

toosexy says:

I bet she will be back with little wayne i didn’t know about her getting pregnant with dreams baby while she was with wayne but i think wayne was talking about her on that song and now all of a sudden their divorcing i agree with AREUFORREAL who knows what she has under her sleeves, i mean he is so unattractive to me really like a little chubby brother money or not but i guess some woman will check for anything with money cuz i would not be checking up on him

aqtpie says:

AreUForReal
    I didn’t know she stepped out too. I do remember seeing Lil Wayne and her *phone interview* in the Sister2Sister magazine talking about them trying to get pregnant and their being engaged and the next thing I heard he married alright, only his daughter’s mother. 02/04

Like you said, you never know what really went on, I just hope they keep it mature. I also got from her statement, that it sounds like she was the one who messed up.

Taimia1 says:

Sounds like HE’s leaving HER!!!

Sharonda says:

Hmmmmmm.Not too long ago Lil Wayne made a video wanting Nivea back and they asked Dream about it and he said “he don’t get into stuff like that.” I can’t say I seen it coming but Lil Wayne know what’s up.

ga peachy says:

they have 3 children together and she needs to leave if it means finding who she is again maybe she’ll start back doing what she love, SINGING when married you should not loose who you are in the UNITY

shhhh says:

IMO it has to be her leaving him and she’s trying to do it without embarrasing him or making him look bad. I don’t care how much a good writer of songs “The Dream” writes (they all sound the same anyway) he should consider himself lucky that anyone of attractive attributes would give him the time of day. He’s fat, ugly, and has a feminine voice.

Nivea probably didn’t want his ass in the first place, but rebounded to him after the break up of her and Wayne. There is no way you can go from being in love with a guy like Wayne to falling for a guy like The Dream. The same goes for Super Head and the Windslow guy.

truthhurts717 says:

I still don’t get why Dream is famous and after hearing that he’s the one that wrote Umbrella now I understand why I hate that song so much. ALL of his songs sound a like and he is extremely unattractive. When I found out he was married to Nivea I was surprised. He’s very corny and his voice sucks! I need him to get back behind the scenes and stay out of vidoes. Imagine a dude like Dream trying to go up against Jaheim? Dream’s music sucks!

aqtpie says: