Goodie MoB Reunite At Masquerade

From Atlanta.MetroMix.com:

Twenty years is a milestone by just about every standard. But 20 years for a club is like a lunar eclipse or Haley’s Comet striking. Still, that’s exactly how long The Masquerade has been around. And what better way to celebrate than to join forces with another Atlanta institution.

If you’re not from Atlanta, then you may have missed the news about the Goodie Mob reunion concert. Just let this serve as your notice. In fact, Sept. 19 just might be accompanied by a city proclamation. That’s how much of an Atlanta treasure the Goodie Mob is.

While the Goodie Mob guys may have had their disagreements, demonstrated by the fact that all four of them haven’t recorded an album together since “World Party” dropped in 1999, they are brothers from another mother and it was only a matter of time that they found their way back home in an official capacity. Although official word of a breakup, which they don’t really use now to describe their time apart, came in 2002, the group reunited for an appearance at a Gnarls Barkley Atlanta concert in 2006. Last year, at the free Nelly show at The Tabernacle, fans got an unexpected surprise when Goodie Mob hit the stage. On Sept. 19, there’s more than a taste in store. It’s a full-out Goodie Mob concert. Read more…

Photos courtesy of Prince Williams/ATLPics.net

Khujo Goodie lost his right leg in a car accident in 2002

Goodie MoB pose with Big Boi of Outkast (center)

Photos courtesy of Prince Williams/ATLPics.net

13 Responses to “Goodie MoB Reunite At Masquerade”

iscream says:

Guess the Record Exec’s finally got the message that Old Skol rocks.

Why does those ladies have those plastic covers on? Looking like they are about to do an R. Kelly video.

Who watches ABDC? I hope that all girl group wins… I actually voted.

PAGESINADIARY says:

I ALWAYS DID LIKE GOODIE MOB

Divinebrown says:

I love Beautiful skin by Goodie! Regular rotation on the IPOD.

Looks like good clean black fun! My type of venue!

*can I just say something* Those shiny black American apparel pants are so unforgiving! I’ve only seen them on Amber Rose and thought they were fly. The rise is soooo unflattering on 99% of the population. One day people will learn.

ELove says:

ALWAYS LUV’D Goodie Mob !!!!!

I hope they are not outside in the rain.I’d be damn if I would have stood outside to see them, nice group but no way hosea!

yvonne79 says:

Everyone that I know who attended said the concert was FAB!

Dhoward1913 says:

I love Goodie Mob! Also loving that picture of the sister throghing up the DST!

eastpointvet says:

i was there front and center and yes it was an outside venue with a ton of people but it was raining for a min so most people covered up i had on poncho on at first but it was worth it i would sit out there in the rain to see it again

ELove says:

@east
    I say THIS in all seriousness…
    I WISH I could’ve been there with you Bruh (See #4 comment)

eastpointvet says:

it was an event not to be missed i taped it all on my phone but the bass killed all my video lol

keely107 says:

Who is the chick in the plastic pants???!!!

2thick4u says:

Love their music and lyrics!!!

pointhimout says:

goodie mob is the ish, fa real. Kujo’s withthem, so that’s really good to see. I felt so bad for this dude when that accident happened and his family had to ask for donations to help pay for his medical bills.

Get rich to this, people dont dance no mo….I’m sure they killed the show.