Musician Wyclef Jean lashed out at actor Sean Penn for questioning his motivation behind running for president of Haiti.

Penn, who spent the last 6 months helping out in a Port-au-Prince refugee camp filled with earthquake survivors, told CNN that he hasn't seen Jean in 6 months.

In an interview with Oprah's bff Gayle King today, Wyclef Jean defended his absence in Haiti, saying "I have sweat in my blood."

[audio:WyclefGayleKing.mp3]

"He hasn't seen me for six months—I've been going to Haiti for over five years. I am not absent in Haiti, maybe the tent city you're in, maybe I'm absent in that.

My country is not a city of tents, meaning I can't use the excuse of people living in tents to say that I'm going to make Haiti a better place. I would like to tell Sean Penn I do not react on emotions when it comes to the Haitian people.

I do not have to sacrifice my life and live inside of the tents to prove I am for the Haitian people."

Huh?

Wyclef opens his mouth and removes all doubt that he's ignorant. I guess you don't have to be in Haiti or help out in refugee tents -- or even speak the native language to run for president of Haiti?

Maybe Sean Penn should run for president since he's clearly doing more for the Haitian people than Wyclef who is all mouth and little action.

• nyvixen

I missed his official announcement. Is he serious? Well, Reagan was an actor before he became president.

• Anna

And Sonny was the other half of Cher before he became Senator. Celeb beefs, gotta love em'. :lol:

• chase

I have to agree w/ u on this one... What a mess..

• Daisy

*sideye* that Sean has done more than Wyclef

• http://home.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user nia

ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS.

When the earthquake first hit, his camp put video on YouTube. Where are the videos now? I want to see his so call efforts in the 'area' he says he has helped.

I WANT TO SEE WHERE THE BILLIONS DONATED TO YELE WENT. I am pretty sure it has reached that point since people are still donating.

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

Daisy says:

*sideye* that Sean has done more than Wyclef

Wow. really? Sean is living in the tents in the refugee camps for six months actually helping the Haitian people while Wyclef only flies to Haiti when he knows the cameras are there. Wyclef is an opportunist who only helps "his" people when it benefits him! Once the cameras are gone, so is Wyclef. #teamsean!

• T.Y’z Cha Cha

I cant agree that Sean has done more than Wyclef. Plenty of other ambassadors are there Im sure that Sean Penn has not run across, he should not be throwing shade. We should be concerned about our own efforts. :shrugs:

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

T.Y’z Cha Cha says:

It is a fact that Wyclef has not been on the island in 6 months. What kind of a president doesn't even spend time in his own country? What if Obama didn't come to the U.S. for 6 months before he ran for president? You think he would have been elected? :lol:

• T.Y’z Cha Cha

I hear what your saying and you bring a valid point. Soooo does Obama have to come live in a 2 bedroom apartment, drive a beat up ford, and shop with a EBT card to show me that he is down for struggling black people?
    (I think) Wycleff is insenuating the same. :/

To answer your question, I think he would, how can we based his list of accomplishments and efforts on 6 months?

No more from me though Sandrita, Im backing down, I dont care for politics THAT much. :no:

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

T.Y’z Cha Cha says:

____________________________

Wyclef is an opportunist who only shows his face when there's a camera and a mic around. Obama never would have been elected if he didn't show his face in this country for 6 months. :lol:

• T.Y’z Cha Cha

So you say....Have a good weekend lady :nite:

• FreeToSpeakUp

@ Cha Cha

I agree with you.

@ Sandra

You'd be surprised how many people didn't know Obama prior to 6 months into the election. :coffee:

Wyclef has already struggled in his youth in his country. If I made it out of the projects/hood, I wouldn't go back but that doesn't mean I don't know the struggle or live in it to help the people there. Many celebrities give back to the community. Take for example, Luke... He no longer lives in the hood but he is ALWAYS giving back.

• FreeToSpeakUp

*or have to

• Daisy

Sandra I gave Sean and others props for helpin in Haiti after the eartquake BUT Wyclef was n Haiti before the earthquake and cameras. I saw a 60 min special on the work he was doing in Haiti.

I don't know what kind of President he would be BUT I won't say he shouldn't run yet either that's his home country who he has always reprsented for.

I like how Roland Martin broke this all down on twitter like him I am looking at things from both sides as usual.

• pointhimout

ok, first thought is to say sandra rose is making this up in an effort to make me laugh. "i do not have to sacrifice my life...." wtf? isn't giving and helping all part of sacrificing?

i want to think he's trying to bring attn to haiti by saying he's running for president, knowing he really isn't. is he too much of a narcissist (sr's favorite word) to do this?

• http://twitter.com/eastpointvet eastpointvet

wyclef didnt leave until he was 10 he speaks the native language pretty well. i agree wyclef has done more im sure even if the cameras not around he been there before the mess happened. sure he may have not stayed 6 months straight but he has years of things going on there way before other people even thought of haiti

• http://lovingme782.wordpress.com Ms. Everything

Sandra, you already don't like Wyclef though so I'm not surprised you're not supporting his run. Idk how I feel about this yet. I think he may have good intentions however the road to hell is paved with good intentions :shrugs:

I think Haiti is in definite need of a fresh start and someone who is truly for helping build the country vs robbing it as has been done for so many years now I'm just not sure if Wyclef is the one to do that. I have to see how this plays out. I will say that Sean Penn needs to shut up because while he should be commended for the work he has done and is doing it's really not his place to say someone else isn't doing enough or isn't qualified.

• whatdoesitmatter

SNAKE!!!!!!!! >:(

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

You all have very valid points, but the fact remains that Haiti needs someone who understands politics and is ready to give his life for his country. Haiti needs a president who actually resides on the island and not someone who will fly in every 6 months. I think it's ridiculous that anyone thinks Wyclef Jean is qualified to run a nation when he couldn't even run his own business affairs. His own band member (who is also Haitian) refuses to endorse him.

• renegro

WYCLEF FOR PRESIDENT. PROBABLY BE THE BEST THING TO HAPPEN TO HAITI SINCE.. . . .. WHAT ELSE BEEN GOING THERE, WHO ELSE BEEN GOIN ON FOR HAITI.. WHAT DOES A PRESIDENT ACTUALLY DO ANYWAY. PUPPETS.
    YALL SILLY.

• Redeemed777

As far as I'm concerned ( my opinion only ), Wyclef, Sean, and Oprah can all go to hell.

All of them are evil, and this whole Haiti situation was planned long before it happened. Stop believing everything that CNN tells you about the earthquake in Haiti.

Whether you believe it or not, there will be more disasters to come in the VERY NEAR FUTURE.

• starr

I actually agree with sandra on this. I don't think he is what the haitian people need. Being a humanitarian is not the same as being a president. He's probably more beneficial being a humanitarian than being their president.

I read yesterday that Pras endorsed some other guy

• lala

Team Penn on this end! Wycliff would reuion Haiti worst than ANYTHING IN HISTORY HAS EVER BEEN REUNIONED.

• Redeemed777

OFF THIS TOPIC:

kanye west video:

From my research, this video could possibly be hinting to something to come concerning him in the near future:

1. The general look and feel of the video is " Dreamy " , so I assume this must have been a dream that felt very real to him. Lady Gaga herself said she has these weird dreams. She admits to using her dreams for her concerts ( which most of you who are still spiritually blind like to call it " CREATIVE ART "

2. The pillars in the back may possibly represent Solomon's Temple pillars Jachin & Boaz. The pillars were made of brass.

3. kanye is dressed in all black ( " all black everything " ). Black is dark, meaning no light, and representing evil.

4. kanye is wearing a heavy chain around his neck, with the face of an idol attached to the chain which may possibly mean he is a slave to that idol, and since he is clothed in black, evil has taken over his body.

5. kanye has a sinister look on his face. He might be possessed, or under some kind of mind control. The first verse in his lyrics say " I'm living in the 21st century, and doing something mean to it."

Will be continued.....

• Brinabelle

Sandra other than what you have read or seen on tv, what do you know about Haiti? What do you know about speaking Creole? Although Wyclef is not the best candidate to run for Haitian Presidency, you are in know position to throw out accusations or co-sign with Sean Penn on nothing you know about! Wyclef has ALWAYS brought attention towards Haiti's plight and he speaks better Creole then you or Sean Penn, so cut the crap! So Sean Penn been in Haiti for 6 months and this is the first we're hearing about it? I guess when he was hugged up on the balcony with Jessica White that was at the Four Seasons in Meyer right? Please stick to reporting about Ti and Tiny, after all that's what you know!

• Daisy

Why are americans (some) always trying to tell another country who their leader should be #justasking?

• Daisy

@redeemed *sideye* at u for callin anybody evil w/all the evilness u spew on this blog all under the name of God! Jesus be a fence

• kcicero

From Kanye's Mouth (Or rather hand):

People ar so scared of pain hurt and embarrassment that no one takes risk anymore ... I've made so many mistakes that made me better today

I will be a better man, friend, role model, citizen, blogger, tweeter, artist, creator, giver, thinker, motivator and person. IFEELTHEGLOW

Doesn't sound like a devil worshiper to me and only God knows the heart of man so I find it astounding that he's bestowed the honor of reading his mind to random mere mortals... :rolleyes:

• http://lovingme782.wordpress.com Ms. Everything

:cosign: @ Daisy. You'd think this country would've learned to stop jumping in other countries business by now but I guess not smdh

No comment on the Kanye video cause I haven't seen it yet

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKKxPtP6XjQ renegadesince1985

:cosign: Kcicero and to add that he also said:

I've been hurt and embarrassed but I still believe in good will. Give of yourself with no fear and one day he'll have you in the clear

He returns the blessings you give 10 fold. I feel God's light shining through my darkest year of my life and career. I feel the glow again

As for this Wyclef thing...Let the people of Haiti decide who they want...that's what democracy is all about right? :rolleyes:

• Negrito

LMAO You're only #teamsean because you just don't like Wyclef. No matter what he does you'll find something negative to say about him. I still think it's funny that you who's a conservative can dislike Wyclef so much that you support a man who's cleary a communist.

Wyclef is Haitian ( He was born in Haiti) and loves his country and the people and been helping his country ever since he hit big in the 90's. Haiti is and has always been a big part of his life and now you're telling me that some American communist actor who probably never ever been to Haiti before the earthquake help the Haitians more than Wyclef because he has been over there for a few months this year????????

Tell your buddy Sean Penn to go back to Cuba and support his friend Fiedel Castro and then maybe take a trip to Venezuela and have dinner with Hugo Chavez.

• M_promp2

#teamsean too. Sean is very passionate about helping the people of Haiti. He's always been that way.

• Daisy

#teamHaiti how about that :lol:

• T.Y’z Cha Cha

#teamhaiti and letting the people decide who they want for president...take that too.. :cheer:

• whatdoesitmatter

I don't care if I was Haitian, American, Chinese or African, I would be embarrassed to have a president who stands on a stage in his underwear, fails to pay his taxes, or has shady business dealings. My husband doesn't even behave in that manner and he's not a president of anything. Haitians I see what the problem is, you're setting your standards far too low. As long as you let gutter rats rule over you the longer you'll be living in the gutters.

• htown-chick

First off, u can no way compare Obama to Wyclef .the us has not had a tragedy such as Haiti . And for Wyclef to have not been to Haiti in over six months speaks a lot about character ..so what if you've been there for the last 5 years! If Wyclef cared so much for his country be should've been the first one in a tent helping! How u wanna be president but absent when ur country needs you the most ? I'm team Sean! And the reason we haven't heard of Sean being in Haiti for the last six months is because he's volunteering from the heart..not for publicity

• Daisy

:rolleyes: wyclef was removing dead bodies for weeks after the earthquake I don't think he was doing that for PR. He has helped his country when they needed him as well.

He is running doesn't mean he should be or that he will win the people of Haiti will determine that.

• Anna

whatdoesitmatter says:

I don’t care if I was Haitian, American, Chinese or African, I would be embarrassed to have a president who stands on a stage in his underwear, fails to pay his taxes, or has shady business dealings. My husband doesn’t even behave in that manner and he’s not a president of anything. Haitians I see what the problem is, you’re setting your standards far too low. As long as you let gutter rats rule over you the longer you’ll be living in the gutters.
    ~~~~~~~
    I agree. We have to remember in our own Country some first time voters, (aged 18-80) voted just because he was black, and did not know one thing about politics but voted him in based on the color of his skin. What good reason does any Haitian have to vote Wycleff as their president? Maybe it would be that he has "connections" with The States and we love to give away money to other Countries.

• M_promp2

He compared himself to Obama. I thought that was comical.

• starr

I just read a interesting piece in the opinion section of the NY Daily news.

According to this person...who it seems is in haiti right now, and lot of things stood out. She actually compared him to Sarah Palin...smh
    Anyhoo....it answered my question I was thinking a bout.

"One difference is that Jean isn't capable of explaining his plans in French, the language of Haiti's government, because he doesn't speak it. His brother describes Jean's Creole as "rusty." It's spoken with a thick American accent.

Jean doesn't speak the languages fluently because he hasn't lived in Haiti recently. He's hoping authorities will waive the Haitian constitution's requirement that candidates live in-country for the five years preceding the ballot"

I was seriously wondering how u can run for president when you've clearly been living in another country for such an extended period of time.

• Redeemed777

OK. Why did I have a dream that Sandra was chasing me and a friend all around a warehouse trying to snap pictures of our faces????????? LOL!

We were doing good too, by out-running Sandra with the palm of our hands covering our faces....

Then the dream got a little scarier, because Sandra went and hired some professional picture takers (they kinda looked paparazzi-ish), and they were on our tail like white on rice, heck they even chased us into the female restroom!!!!!

At some point in the dream, me and my friend got separated, and I think they got her face picture first. Then the one that was hot on my tail finally found my hiding spot, but he said he wasnt gonna tell that he found me tho......

that's when I woke up.

Whew! I'm gonna need to stay off SandraRose Blog for some time. For real.

• qtipthecat

I was just watching Mystic River before I walked in here. HMMMM?

• Say It Aint So Joe

OFF THIS TOPIC:

kanye west video:

1. The general look and feel of the video is ” Dreamy ” , so I assume this must have been a dream that felt very real to him. Lady Gaga herself said she has these weird dreams. She admits to using her dreams for her concerts ( which most of you who are still spiritually blind like to call it ” CREATIVE ART ”

2. The pillars in the back may possibly represent Solomon’s Temple pillars Jachin & Boaz. The pillars were made of brass.

3. kanye is dressed in all black ( ” all black everything ” ). Black is dark, meaning no light, and representing evil.

5. kanye has a sinister look on his face. He might be possessed, or under some kind of mind control. The first verse in his lyrics say ” I’m living in the 21st century, and doing something mean to it.”

Will be continued…..

craig groeschel
    bill hybels
    andy stanley
    edwin young

• http://twitter.com/ChaiLife Yadda Yadda

@ Redeemed777 says

Ummm what is wrong with you? :blink:

• Shauny

Redeemed says

Black is dark, meaning no light, and representing evil.
    **********************************************
    :rolleyes: Where are you doing your research

• Anna

Shauny says:

Redeemed says

Black is dark, meaning no light, and representing evil.
    **********************************************
    Where are you doing your research
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    This is a case of "conditioning". We believe "black" is evil, devilish and white is Angelic". LisaRaye thinks that wearing White is virginal and Angelic, thus making ppl want to like her. :rofl:

• editorialgirl

Did anyone defending Wyclef listen to the audio above? He sounds stupid. And, if you're defending stupidity, then what does that say about your comments?

• pointhimout

seriously sandra, no updates all weekend?

• Shauny

editorialgirl - implying that someone is stupid based on your OPINION of the audio makes you what exactly? Trying to insult others who doesn't agree with you says what about you? I'll leave you to your own opinion on that.

You shouldn't feel the need to insult people to get your point across :shrug:

• LadeeA

Honestly,

No one paid attention to Haiti until Wyclef continued to put them on the map with the Fugees. So I'll give him his props in that aspect. Also, people are knocking him for being absent from Haiti. Does anyone know what the living conditions are like in Haiti? Before the earthquake? Wyclef ain't crazy. He fled from there just like all the natives flee. It's really bad.
    It's poverty beyond what we see here. I vacationed there a couple of years back and upon sailing away, there were countless refugee ships sailing alongside us trying to get the hell out of there. Sean Penn is doing a good deed, but I don't think he should give himself the qualifications of a President. Wyclef may be a citizen, but I'm not sure if he should be running either. He's been making lots of money for a long time as he coninues to chase that money, so I'm not sure if the Hatian people are his priority anymore.

• editorialgirl

Shauny, it's not about agreeing with me. I haven't offered an opinion on anything other than Wyclef being stupid, which is true. Sandra quoted him accurately, and there's more from his own words. What he says makes absolutely no sense, lacks coherency, is inane and demonstrates no intellectual pursuits. How can anyone listening to the audio salute these statement? He could have been having a bad day but this blog item, in particular, is based on a audio that makes no sense. Seriously. NONE. It's on par with Sarah Palin. What the hell?

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

pointhimout says:

seriously sandra, no updates all weekend?

*********************

If you could see how hard I work to update this blog Monday thru Friday, you would understand why I have to take a break on the weekends to refresh my batteries. It ain't easy being ATL's most hated blogger. It's draining. :(

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

editorialgirl says:

Did anyone defending Wyclef listen to the audio above? He sounds stupid. And, if you’re defending stupidity, then what does that say about your comments?

-------------------

:cosign: I like your thought process. In fact I LOVE it! :D

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

editorialgirl says:

Shauny, it’s not about agreeing with me. I haven’t offered an opinion on anything other than Wyclef being stupid, which is true. Sandra quoted him accurately, and there’s more from his own words. What he says makes absolutely no sense, lacks coherency, is inane and demonstrates no intellectual pursuits. How can anyone listening to the audio salute these statement? He could have been having a bad day but this blog item, in particular, is based on a audio that makes no sense. Seriously. NONE. It’s on par with Sarah Palin. What the hell?
    __________________________

You betta :preach: :D

• pointhimout

#53 :dead: too funny. i understand.

• http://gravatar.com/avatar/0e3dd0989333fb4dbfefdb522ee5bd4e.png aniyvwiya

1- Sean Penn actually has been doing a radical amount of work in Haiti since the disaster, salty mofos. He's kind of a douche but he's intense and on a mission. Talk to Haitian people and ask them what the word on the street is about him, then pass judgement.
    2- Wyclef is not intelligent enough to be president of a country with so many challenging issues to contend with. He's just not that bright.
    3- Pras doesn't support Wyclef's run for president, and says he doesn't appear to have a plan in place. Is he just salty or does he have a real point?

• Val

charles blake sr.
    craig groeschel
    bill hybels
    andy stanley
    edwin young

________________________________________________________________________
    Don't ever get God twisted. He has everything under his control, nothing happens without God allowing it to happen. Don't ever thing that goverment has been controlled by demons, evil or anything beside what God has already ordained. God has ALWAYS picked our leaders whether you understand it or not. It is ALL for his Glory (Yahweh)

Ecc 1:9 What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun.

EVERYTHING comes from God!

• http://chokolatemilk.blogspot.com Choco

LOL WyCLEF is a Narcissist No Sandra?

I'm glad Sean blasted him and Wyclef needs to sit down and shut up- so not Presidential material but hey if that's all Haiti can get!

• SangriaSugar

This text is entirely BOLD!