Veteran journalist and political analyst Juan Williams was fired by National Public Radio yesterday for making what they called "anti-Muslim" remarks.

In reality, Williams was merely expressing the sentiments of many Americans in this post-9/11 era when he said that he gets "worried" and "nervous" when he sees people dressed in Muslim-style clothing on airplanes.

Williams, 56, made the comments Monday on Fox News Channel's "The O'Reilly Factor".

Bill O'Reilly, who made news himself when he told the ladies of 'The View' that Muslims caused 9/11, said, "The cold truth is that in the world today, jihad, aided and abetted by some Muslim nations, is the biggest threat on the planet."

Williams, who is a frequent contributor to Fox News, agreed, and added:

"I mean, look, Bill, I'm not a bigot. You know the kind of books I've written about the civil rights movement in this country," he said. "But when I get on a plane, I got to tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think, you know, they're identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried. I get nervous."

In a statement released by NPR, the company said Williams' comments "were inconsistent with our editorial standards and practices, and undermined his credibility as a news analyst with NPR."

NPR needs to get in touch with reality. All of a sudden it's considered politically incorrect to express realistic fears now that we have a Muslim president in office?

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppc6edC8y_g Ace

:offtopic:

Anyone see the video on CNN with the yt councilmen telling the black councilmen he should be working on a cotton field...

#Rascismisstillalive

• Destinee

:shocked:

• Destinee

What? Really Ace? I am going to have to go look one up...

• Man, I just don’t care™

Listen at this clown. You know whenever a phrase begins with:

"I'm not a bigot..."

THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE! He'll find a job being a "professional azz kisser" somewhere. That's one of the most secure professions for a minority. His resume is pristine in that regard.

• Kitrina

NPR is not Fox News or CNN, they do news not propaganda.

• http://twitter.com/Southernicity81 LaTechGrad02

NPR needs to get in touch with reality. All of a sudden it’s considered politically incorrect to express realistic fears now that we have a Muslim president in office?
    _________________________________________________________________________

Yawn.....NPR handled the situation appropriately. Sandra, you didn't post the video of Whoopi and Joy walking off the set when Bill O'Reilly got out of pocket on The View.

• Man, I just don’t care™

@ACE
    "Anyone see the video on CNN with the yt councilmen telling the black councilmen he should be working on a cotton field…"
    ___________________________________________________________________________

:yes:

It started with the black councilman complaining that he was been treated in a condescending manner and he stated: "I don't work in the cotton field..."

The yt bigot responded
    "You should"
    **paraphrasing, not actual quotes**

**sigh, yt people**

• http://twitter.com/Proberson07 proberson07

And if Obama was a Muslim (which he is not). So What? Whats your point Sandra? You points are really not debatable and really express your bigotry and ignorance. As a Black, female and a Lesbian I would think you would be more tolerant. And yet and still you propagate the same tired/old rhetoric which makes you sound pathetic and angry at a particular culture or religion. Muslims are here to stay. Get used to it!

• CFREE

Ace says:

#Rascismisstillalive

NOT SURPRISED
    Ignorancewillnevadie

• candibfly

*backflips thru a ring of fire* good morning y'all *goes back to work*

• Destinee

I just read that story Ace! Some things about the world will never change and rasicm unfortunately will always be here, but I hate when caucasian try to act like the jabs they say aren't racist? They think that they can put sugar on s*** and call it cake. They REALLY think that we really don't know the differnce. :argue:

• PAHairston

Hello All. Yeah, just like my mother and the generations before her were afraid of white American males parading around in white sheets. I'm just saying.

• iyonah

:rolleyes: here we go.

• Man, I just don’t care™

@CANDI
    "*backflips thru a ring of fire* good morning y’all *goes back to work*"
    ________________________________________________________________________

:claps:

Lookin good baby lookin good.

• Anna

Man, I just don't care™ says:

Listen at this clown. You know whenever a phrase begins with:

“I’m not a bigot…”

THAT’S EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE!
    ~~~~~~~~~
    Or I'm not a racist, my nanny is black. LOL.

• http://twitter.com/Proberson07 proberson07

@ CFREE yea i saw it this morning! that was crazy. he just walked out. i don't know how i would of reacted.

• StillASassyOne

I wonder if people ever took the time to think and notice that the "Muslims" blowing up planes and such are NOT walking around in full religious Muslim garb....they have on jeans and tennis shoes just like EVERYBODY ELSE.

#CantJudgeABookByItscoverJackazz

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppc6edC8y_g Ace

"When i am on a plane and i see muslims board..i get a little nervous..."

*raises his hand*

Um..What does a muslim look like?

• HoneyDropp

Anna says:

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

Listen at this clown. You know whenever a phrase begins with:

“I’m not a bigot…”

THAT’S EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE!
    ~~~~~~~~~
    Or I’m not a racist, my nanny is black. LOL.

__________________________
    Or, my next door neighbor is black!

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppc6edC8y_g Ace

HoneyDropp says:

Anna says:

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

Listen at this clown. You know whenever a phrase begins with:

“I’m not a bigot…”

THAT’S EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE!
    ~~~~~~~~~
    Or I’m not a racist, my nanny is black. LOL.

__________________________
    Or, my next door neighbor is black!
    -------------------------------------------------------

or, my caddy is black....

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKKxPtP6XjQ renegadesince1985

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

Listen at this clown. You know whenever a phrase begins with:

“I’m not a bigot…”

THAT’S EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE!

:cosign: then they commence listing all the minority friends/workers they have. :no:

• http://twitter.com/Southernicity81 LaTechGrad02

Ace says:

HoneyDropp says:

Anna says:

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

Listen at this clown. You know whenever a phrase begins with:

“I’m not a bigot…”

THAT’S EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE!
    ~~~~~~~~~
    Or I’m not a racist, my nanny is black. LOL.

__________________________
    Or, my next door neighbor is black!
    ——————————————————-

or, my caddy is black….
    _______________________________________________________________________
    or My best friend is black

• Man, I just don’t care™

@ACE
    "Listen at this clown. You know whenever a phrase begins with:

“I’m not a bigot…”

THAT’S EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE!
    ~~~~~~~~~
    Or I’m not a racist, my nanny is black. LOL.

__________________________
    Or, my next door neighbor is black!
    ——————————————————-

or, my caddy is black….
    ________________________________________________________________________

They LOVE to list their servants as proof they aren't racist!

"My butler, gardener, nanny, cook and professional azz wiper are all nigg.... I mean colored! I'm no racist!"

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKKxPtP6XjQ renegadesince1985

@Ace

I guess someone that looks middle-eastern or is wearing a turban...or a hijab. Shyt I guess I could look like one if I had a scarf over my hair :shrug:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppc6edC8y_g Ace

honest question..

:hater: of race = racist

:hater: of religion = ?

#jsutaskincauseidontknow

• MOUTH

WHY IS BILL OREILLY STILL EMPLOYED?

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_wjBDrUsKo BROWNSUGAPOET

"I'm not a racist my great gand daddy gave coloreds jobs!

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppc6edC8y_g Ace

BROWNSUGAPOET says:

“I’m not a racist my great gand daddy gave coloreds jobs!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I’m not a racist my great gand daddy gave you people jobs!

fix'd

:think:

Question when the people who committed the 911 attacks, where they wearing traditional muslim clothing? I could be mistaken but I thought they were dressed like everyone else on the plane. I don't think terrorist are that stupid(especially now) to go through the airport dressed traditionally.

• Lady_L

proberson07 says:

• candibfly

Lookin good baby lookin good.
    ---------------------------------------

i know *flips hair*...i mean thanks :D

• mirsmommy

Sooooo, did Timothy McVeigh wear any Muslim "garb?" :shrugs:

• LadyLew

@Sassy EXACTLY!!!!! People are so silly...including Sandra and that last statement. LOL

LaTechGrad02 says:

Ace says:

HoneyDropp says:

Anna says:

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

Listen at this clown. You know whenever a phrase begins with:

“I’m not a bigot…”

THAT’S EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE!
    ~~~~~~~~~
    Or I’m not a racist, my nanny is black. LOL.

__________________________
    Or, my next door neighbor is black!
    ——————————————————-

Ace says:

HoneyDropp says:

Anna says:

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

Listen at this clown. You know whenever a phrase begins with:

“I’m not a bigot…”

THAT’S EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE!
    ~~~~~~~~~
    Or I’m not a racist, my nanny is black. LOL.

__________________________
    Or, my next door neighbor is black!
    ——————————————————-

or, my caddy is black….
    _______________________________________________________________________
    or My best friend is black
    ________________________
    My driver’s black *COME ON NOW MIZ DAISY!*

:lol: My children go to school with blacks.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_wjBDrUsKo BROWNSUGAPOET

Meerkat, no he did not, he was caught in an old raggedy 1977 Mercury marquis! SO now I need to be leary of young white men drivin old cars!

• Cariblife

I think he forgot for a minute that he was black and let his tongue loose. Did he not realize that he was on Faux News and that he was being interviewed by Bill O'Reilly??

Its so sad that when some black people get some change, they forget that they are still black, no matter who they marry or where they live. SMMFH.

• Man, I just don’t care™

@CANDI
    "Lookin good baby lookin good.
    —————————————

i know *flips hair*…i mean thanks
    __________________________________________________________________________

:kiss:
    **pinchez azz**
    I love your gymnastics. :)

• FloridaChick813

I hate to laugh but........... :rofl:

Ya'll are hilarious!!!!!

• mirsmommy

BROWNSUGAPOET says:

______________________________

• BigCityGirl

He started off with I'm not a bigot because he knew he was treading on racial lines...civil right has NOTHING to do with 911! So I was pissed that he used them in the same conversation...He will bounce back!...next time STFU!

• StillASassyOne

@Whatwuzindat

NO. THEY. WERE. NOT.

They had on regular khakis/pants, button/pull-over shirts and shoes. Not a bit of religious Muslim garb on them.

But people are so idiotic that they don't realize that.....

Sheep. :coffee:

• Mamacita

What he said was wrong. What's the big deal? :shrug:

Just like blacks shouldn't be judged because of the color of their skin, Muslims should be judged by what they choose to wear. What he said was ignorant!

So he's saying as long as they don't dress in "Muslim garb" it's ok and he doesn't worry, but when he sees the dress he's afraid? WTF?

• http://charactercorner.blogspot.com attorneymom

First Rick Sanchez and now Juan Williams.

mirsmommy says:

WUTWUZINDAT!? says:

LaTechGrad02 says:

Ace says:

HoneyDropp says:

Anna says:

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

Listen at this clown. You know whenever a phrase begins with:

“I’m not a bigot…”

THAT’S EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE!
    ~~~~~~~~~
    Or I’m not a racist, my nanny is black. LOL.

__________________________
    Or, my next door neighbor is black!
    ——————————————————-

or, my caddy is black….
    _______________________________________________________________________
    or My best friend is black
    ________________________
    My driver’s black *COME ON NOW MIZ DAISY!*

My children go to school with blacks
    _________________________________
    I JUST BOUGHT A BLACKBERRY :rofl:

• mirsmommy

:rofl: @ WUTWUZINDAT

Not a damn blackberry.
    ___________________________

I eat blackened chicken and blackened fish. :lol:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_wjBDrUsKo BROWNSUGAPOET

I'm not racist! I got a black board in my office!

• candibfly

:dead: @ blackberry pls bury me in my favorite pumps and leopard catsuit and have my hair over one eye like aaliyah

• AWESOME ARSENAL

I like Whoopi Golberg's lips and the back of Forrest Whitakers neck

• FloridaChick813

:lol: @candi's leopard cat suit

StillASassyOne says:

@Whatwuzindat

NO. THEY. WERE. NOT.
    "STEREOTYPINAZZPEOPLE* Quit it! >:(

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_wjBDrUsKo BROWNSUGAPOET

I have black tar in my driveway!

>:(

candibfly says:

_________

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_wjBDrUsKo BROWNSUGAPOET

my pepper is black!

• Cinnamon Kisses

Cant see the video!

My keyboard is black!!

• mirsmommy

AWESOME ARSENAL says:

I like Whoopi Golberg’s lips and the back of Forrest Whitakers neck
    __________________________________

:dead:

Ummmm, Awesome, have you ever been sent to the :kona: ? If not, please exit stage left ================>

• mirsmommy

Cinnamon Kisses says:

Cant see the video!

My keyboard is black!!
    ____________________________

:lol: My slacks and shoes are black.

• ajonesy

he looks and reminds me of tiger woods.

thinks he befriending white folks by trying to be down, when in reality, they out to get him. lol.

that stupid negro deserves what he got.

bill o'reilly does not care about black people. so negroes please stop going on his show, trying to be all fcking chummy with his azz.

the end.

mirsmommy says:

@ WUTWUZINDAT

Not a damn blackberry.
    ___________________________

I eat blackened chicken and blackened fish.
    Cooked by WHOOOOOOOO?......Black Maid. (okay that's my last one yall) :kona:

• Cinnamon Kisses

Awesome Arsenal............. :kona:

• mirsmommy

I listen to Akon. :lol:

• Cinnamon Kisses

Mirs.............. NOW >>>>>>>>>>> :kona:

• FloridaChick813

• FloridaChick813

and again :rofl:

Ya'll are KILLING me! Please stop!!!

mirsmommy says:

I listen to Akon.

You almost got me fired just now with that!!!! :rofl:

• AWESOME ARSENAL

@Mirs
    It's cool, I have some old furniture I was gonna give to Goodwill but I guess I could use it to spuce things up a bit. **packs up beanbag chair, bong, and lava lamp**

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_wjBDrUsKo BROWNSUGAPOET

MEERKAT THE PARTY AINT EVEN STARTED AND YOU GONE MISS IT!

• Mamacita

:dead:

I can't stand ya'll

• mirsmommy

@ WUTWUZINDAT, :oops:

@ Awesome, that's cool, and you can help yoself to the complimentary Spam sandwiches and Capri Suns. :lol:

• Mamacita

Lava lamp? Bong???? :rofl:

• mirsmommy

BROWNSUGAPOET says:

MEERKAT THE PARTY AINT EVEN STARTED AND YOU GONE MISS IT!
    _________________________

:party: ? *singing Jagged Edge* Where the party at???

• candibfly

spam sammies?! lol dang we can't even be classy and have fried bologna sammies? :blink:

• http://www.embodiedpleasures.com Toy

Good Morning All..

I know he only spoke what many people I know was thinking shortly after 9/11. Maybe it was the whole "people who are dressed in muslim garb" that he was wrong for, cause honestly speaking if you looked like a muslim, ha and everybody got a look believe it or not, I was a little worried about you. But then again, if you look like a yt boy in a trench coat, or in dark garb, or a black man period I am a little worried about you. Pretty much you have to worry about all people equally cause there are just some unstable people in the world. Should he been fired, hell he signed something that said you will think and act like "normal" americans and have their same view points, then YES but if he was hired for anything else well then...I am not a racist though...is it better at the end of a sentence?

• FloridaChick813

:hurl: @ the thought of fried bolonga

I used to eat that sh.it EVERY SINGLE DAY when I was a child!

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG8o_9RliwU ChaCha

"I gave to the babies in Haiti" :shrug:

• candibfly

*backflips off a diving board into a pool of confetti* hey cha cha :danban:

• mirsmommy

ChaCha says:

“I gave to the babies in Haiti”
    ____________________________

I donated to the Hurricane Kitrina victims.

mirsmommy says:

@ WUTWUZINDAT,

@ Awesome, that’s cool, and you can help yoself to the complimentary Spam sandwiches and Capri Suns.
    ___________________________

:koolaid2: (really caprisun) Is the spam fried with mayo on it?

mirsmommy says:

ChaCha says:

“I gave to the babies in Haiti”
    ____________________________

I donated to the Hurricane Kitrina victims.
    AND....AND.... I'M NOT AFRAID OF THE DARK! :KONA: (GOING BACK TO MY CORNA NOW...)

MY EMOTICONS DON'T LOVE ME :KONA:

• mirsmommy

WUTWUZINDAT!? says:

MY EMOTICONS DON’T LOVE ME :KONA:

:lol: You can't use all caps when you do the emoticons.

• Man, I just don’t care™

@CHA CHA

that gravie is HOT!
    :thumbsup:

• AWESOME ARSENAL

I donated flyswatters to Africa.
    I know, I know....... :kona:

• http://youtube.com/hushvisionfilms BK2ATLMAN

lol, i saw that clip, I thought the dude was going to swing on the old man for saying he should be on a plantation...

• http://twitter.com/jaysreallife jay Bee

I agree with Williams 300%.. I get weary when i see muslims garbbed all thru and only their eyes are showing...Its alarming! sorry to say! we have plenty of individuals that use muslim garments to committ crimes.

we are in the last days and nation will rise against nation..nothin but signs of the times!

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG8o_9RliwU ChaCha

Yeap Awe....in fact dig a hole FCK the KONA ...I gotta feeling that bish is gonna be overcrowded today

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG8o_9RliwU ChaCha

Man, I just don't care™ says:

that gravie is HOT!

HA HA HA HA HAHAHAHAHAHA....HAIL HAS FROZEN OVER!!!!!!!!

• http://mylifeinthesun782.blogspot.com Ms. Everything

I'm over here falling the hell out :rofl: at y'all

I flew home a few years ago and had my hair wrapped up every yt person on the plane gave me the side eye like they didn't know if I was gonna snatch purses, blow some ish up or try to steal their man while they slept... smdh

• http://charactercorner.blogspot.com attorneymom

The older I get, the more I think it is best not to say or write everything you are thinking.

Noticed that my comments, blog posts and tweets have been more calm and tempered. :-)

• http://mylifeinthesun782.blogspot.com Ms. Everything

Jay Bee nations been rising against other nations... but I'm more worried about the methhead on the corners, or the ignorant ass men drooling staring when I walk past then somebody walking past me in muslim attire. The majority of muslims are non violent so why should everyone be subject to terrorist accusations cause of the ignorant majority. That's just as bad as little old white women crossing the street when a black man is coming towards them or the big butch yt broads who jump if my tiny ass slightly raises my voice in a store (I'm naturally loud) like I can do something to their big ass. Its ignorance, stereotyping, racist and just dumb. The ones who will hurt you ain't walking in traditional clothes and you're more likely to get hurt or killed by a druggie robbing you then by a muslim in this country but people don't see that shit

mirsmommy says:

WUTWUZINDAT!? says:

MY EMOTICONS DON’T LOVE ME :KONA:

You can’t use all caps when you do the emoticons

Oh So it's not my emoticon, but me? see how racism is played? Here I am blamin my emoticons and all along it was the black chick in the corner! :kona:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG8o_9RliwU ChaCha

I bought my son a basketball jersey :rofl:

• http://mylifeinthesun782.blogspot.com Ms. Everything

I meant to say ignorant minority not majority... doing too much and didn't bother proofreading smh

Attorneymom.. I've learned the same but I'm hardheaded and stubborn

• Anna

FloridaChick813 says:

@ the thought of fried bolonga

I used to eat that sh.it EVERY SINGLE DAY when I was a child!

~~~~~~~~
    I hate Banquet Chicken, Pot Pies and Sugar/ketchup sandwiches. I eat steak and shrimp like I am rich. LOL. I buy so much steak at the gorcery store my hubby thinks I grew up on it. You don't still eat the things you grew up on, those were poor times in deed.

• Anna

I do still love fried b o l o g n a.

• http://twitter.com/jaysreallife jay Bee

Ms Everything your absolutely right! men drool over anything that has an hole, if they can see it or "NOT"..but i believe thats not the face of the religion (islam) (to wear garment so men do not lust over ur bodies). Im just speaking from society and the cons of the muslim attire! some lunatics uses it to rob banks, shoplift etc!! and im weary of all kinds of things these days.

I believe williams was just giving free speech (Constitution 1st Admendment)

• Mamacita

@Jay Bee A yt man disguised himself as a black man and robbed a conveience store. Does that mean that we should fear all black men?

And trust me the ones that relly mean to do you harm are trained to BLEND IN so they won't be the ones covered from head to toe but wearing jeans a nd a polo. Wake up!

• Tink Tink

:ROFL:

• http://twitter.com/jaysreallife jay Bee

@mama...im up! google these names from Philly...Howard Cain, Eric Floyd and Levon Warner! just a few (im spekaing from society stand point) forrealtho!

here's a little snippet

Police are now looking into possible links between the suspects in this crime and other robberies in the city in which the perpetrators were wearing Muslim clothing.
    ________________________________

OhArd!

• pointhimout

boy the race war is just brewing, i can feel it. he should be on a cotton field? the lebron nonsense. folks getting more and more reckless. I dont think anyone was bothered by Juan's comments. On to the next one dude. Aint trippin.

• Daisy

@AM Are you next :coffee:

• all_canadian

:newbie:

Thanks Sandra for opening registration!

Curious... am I the only white person who reads Sandra Rose? There must be some who aren't registered. I've been reading this website for atleast a year, daily. I love your writing Sandra, you are hilarious. I don't always agree with you but I just enjoy reading your blog. This is the only blog I read.

Sometimes when I used to read the comments section on certain posts regarding race, it was a little upsetting to see some of the attitudes people have towards "white people". You're entitled to your opinions so I just read it and don't get upset anymore. Sometimes the comments border on racist-is it possible to be racist against white people if you are not white yourself? And what exactly is YT, I think I figured it out once and forgot again. Why do you call white people YT? Is it supposed to be insulting or an inside joke? Just curious.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnyway, I will go back to lurking now.

• http://mylifeinthesun782.blogspot.com Ms. Everything

:welcome: All Canadian and yt is just a shorter way of saying a white person. In the context of my comment it's not meant as a racist term by any means and I don't think anyone else uses it that way either so hopefully you did not take offense, unfortunately this lovely country would have people to believe racism does not exist and that we are all viewed and treated equally and as you can see from the examples given today we are not, so while we may laugh about it here its unfortunately true statements being given