Obama praises Eagles owner for giving Vick a second chance

According to experts, the three indicators of a psychopathic child are bedwetting, cruelty to animals and firestarting.

According to the father of Philadelphia Eagles star quarterback, Michael Vick, his son showed a passion for abusing animals at an early age.

Now that Vick has led the Eagles to an impressive 10-4 record, everyone — including the president of the United States — has forgotten about the victims of this psychopath.

The Internet is buzzing about a phone call that Obama placed to Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie praising him for giving the ex-convict a second chance.

Did Obama also place a phone call to the homes of those caring individuals who took in 47 of Vick’s surviving victims, giving them a second chance?

I’m not surprised that Obama — a narcissist — is quick to jump on the Vick bandwagon. Everyone loves a winner — even if that winner is a sociopath who took pleasure in electrocuting, hanging and drowning dogs who didn’t live up to his expectations.

If you care about animals like I do, please read the LA Times’ touching story about Mel, one of Vick’s surviving victims who still suffers from the abuse he endured at the hands of Michael Vick.

Mel (pictured above left) is one of the unfortunate dogs who didn’t measure up to Vick’s brutal standards. Vick beat Mel daily to toughen him up. But Mel failed to display that killer instinct in the ring. As a result, he was mauled nearly to death by the other dogs.

Instead of nursing the injured Mel back to health, Vick threw the terrified animal back into the ring with ferocious dogs to be used as bait — a sort of sparring partner for the tougher dogs. Mel was sometimes even muzzled so he wouldn’t fight back.

While Michael Vick was screaming toward the sky, a black pit bull named Mel was standing quietly by a door.

On this night, like many other nights, Mel was waiting for his owners to take him outside, but he couldn’t alert them with a bark. He doesn’t bark. He won’t bark. The bark has been beaten out of him.

While Michael Vick was running for glory, Mel was cowering toward a wall.

Every time the 4-year-old dog meets a stranger, he goes into convulsions. He staggers back into a wall for protection. He lowers his face and tries to hide. New faces are not new friends, but old terrors.

While Michael Vick was officially outracing his past Monday night, one of the dogs he abused cannot.

“Some people wonder, are we ever going to let Michael Vick get beyond all this?” said Richard Hunter, who owns Mel. “I tell them, let’s let Mel decide that. When he stops shaking, maybe then we can talk.”

103 Responses to “Obama praises Eagles owner for giving Vick a second chance”

qtipthecat says:

Wow I couldnt agree with you more on this one

YSoSerious says:

Good grief Auntie. I thought I was tough to be around during the holidays. Come here. :hugs:

Can we get a nice messy post now please?

CivilEngineer says:

Why is cruelty to humas not a characteristic of a psychopath? Or pedophilia? Or people who don’t take care of their children?

:shrugs:

MsSoloDiva says:

Morning all!!

Hope everyone had a good holiday!!

I think he is right .. we all fall short one way or another. Why make that man suffer forever. He did his time that the government (not Obama) set aside for him. They said he should do that and he did it. Move on world. People do worse than that and jump back in society like nothing ever happened. #That is all

CivilEngineer says:

And I thought Vick was just a sponsor?

Jay Bee says:

yea i read this in the our philly paper yesterday! Finally 1 thing Obama and I agree on

Am I the only person not shocked about Vick’s treatment of fighting dogs and that no longer cares? :shrugs:

Some dogs have more of a “prey drive” than others. The ones with lesser “prey drive” are used as bait to further train the more aggressive dogs. That’s how it works. Everyone knew that so why are they trying to make a “story” out of fighting dog training techniques that have been known for centuries?

:newpost:

Sandra I could have sworn you were a supporter of Vick when everything went down. So now that the Prez has spoken on it your hate dude? Look, the president was applauding the Eagles organizations for giving an ex-convict a chance when so many employers don’t. He’s right. Once people have paid their debt to society and want to do the right thing, they should be given the opportunity to do that. Do we prefer they continue to pursue a life of crime?

HALLE'S MUM says:

He has paid his debt , let’s move on !!!!

Brownsugar1908 says:

poor puppy. If I was Obama, I don’t think I would have said anything about Vick. Yes he has served his time and seems remorseful but as the President its certain things you just can’t say or do. I wonder what PETA thinks about Obama’s gesture?

StillASassyOne says:

“It’s a damn shame what they did to that dog….” – Coming to America

On another note…I’m sorry, I’m with Civil. I don’t give a damn about no damn dogs. People manslaughter, kill, and rape PEOPLE and sometimes get less time/punishment than Vick served and sometimes none at all.

F**k a dog. :coffee:

Kezi says:

:rolleyes: #teamVICK #teamEagles #teamObama(sometimes) :cheer1:

Daisy says:

#teamVick :cheer: I will be watching his fine azz do the darn thing tonight!! :yahoo:

AprilRain says:

I always get into arguments with one of my sisters because she has no heart when it comes to animales. She says “their just animales”, and alot of people in this world feel the same. Not me, this ruined my appetite and made me want to :hurl: I have no comment for Vic, all I can say is Sandi, can we get a :newpost:

ChaCha says:

Mike Vick is so damn fine but every time I look at him all I can do is scan for a Herpes breakout on his mouth… that is so terrible :(

SUP SR WEOPLES! :wave:

buddapecan says:

StillASassyOne says:
    F**k a dog.
    ——————-

EssenceofU says:

Wow Sandra, it must be hard for you and some others to be a Saint but don’t practice forgiveness. Isn’t that an oxymoron? Vick served his time, can he please move on? And his crackhead daddy just mad cause Mike cut off his gravytrain! LOL! Go #7! Redemption is grand!

thaspinaltruth says:

@StillSassy

:cosign:

And some of these rapist, killers, pediophiles get off, and they pay no debt for their actions.

CivilEngineer says:

Both Vick and Marion Jones spent their entire sentences in prison from their first conviction. Hell Marion Jones had just given birth!!

I ain’t saying it’s a black thing BUT…

I don’t need to read that article. I saw the Michael Vick dogs episode of Dog Town. It was very sad. Mike was a stone cold idiot even before we learned of the dogfighting. He was beagging for an azz whoopin and he got it. I think his fall from grace was a gift from God. He has learned from it and is reaching out to the community to be used as an example of how not to be. He is a better man than he was. Do you think he should never be forgiven? And why are they allowing poor Mel to live in fear? They could put him to sleep like they do Pitbulls across the country everyday for no reason at all.

buddapecan says:

Aawww…Auntie…I didn’t know you had a soft spot for animals. :hug:

But I’m with Civil on this one…people serve less time and return to society after defiling and murdering humans. I feel bad for the dog but its a dog…

@MEL THE COWARDLY PITT BULL

… **clearing throat**…
    FIGHT BETTA NICCA!

Choco says:

Wow this has sooo put me on the fence Sandra…. While I can forgive Vick I can’t forget what he did to those animals and putting a name and face and story with one of the victims makes it hit home that much harder

ChaCha says:

Sup Man and Choco Pop

Qluv85 says:

If the people can forgive T.I. for having guns and drugs where his children sleep, then I can forgive Vick.

@DC

:thumbsup: at that gravie young lady! That azz lookin juicy and ripe! :yes:

pinksghetti says:

This story is less sad then the other ones for sure, but it’s still not a feel good story or one where we can make fun of the people in the story. Dog fighting is cruel but why do we condone humans fighting each other for sport? I know humans have a choice but it’s still sad for me to watch. My crush on Mike Vick allows me to forgive him and root for him to do better in the future.

Victoria says:

:newbie: I could care less about that damn dog. To me it seems like a black mans life is worth less than the life of a dog. Vick got more time than the cop that shot and killed Oscar Grant. Shoot they eat dogs in Asia but Michael Vick shouldn’t be able to have a sustainable career cuz he killed a few dogs?? Too many people stigmatize ex convicts that why the system is rife with repeat offenders. Hardly anyone is willing to give them a second chance.

CivilEngineer says:

Hey @dc!! Where you been?

MzDimplez1123 says:

I think it’s messed up to do something that horrid to ANY living thing. Be it a human or animal. Self defense is one thing but, to maim something that has to live with what you’ve done to it or to constantly abuse it just for the hell of it, your enjoyment or whatever is just F’d up, imo.

Kezi says:

CivilEngineer says:

I ain’t saying it’s a black thing BUT…

:cosign:

ALBoy says:

Choco whats up Baby Girl

ChaCha says:

Hello Mz DIMPZ..How are ya baby cakes? How are the children?

:rolleyes: Ahh okay….I’m riding with Sassy and Civil on this one

Those PETA people got him convicted :no: Furthermore..the people who really did the cruelty got off cause they snitched….

ChaCha says:

*runs and jumps on AlBoys back ….. HEY POOKIE BEAR!

SouthernPrincess says:

Sandra you seem to have a problem with 2nd chances (Vick, Chris Brown)
    but you are very forgiving of 6542385465 chances (TI)

If you are cool with being biased and unfair so am I

Has TI ever called the family of anyone he has sold drugs to and apologized for helping contribute to the ruin of the lives?

I am willing to contribute to a fund to purchase some lumber and construction of a bridge so all the Vick haters can get the fluck over it

jazi65 says:

HALLE’S MUM says:

He has paid his debt , let’s move on !!!!

:cosign:

@Civil

Marion Jones was stupid…she should have just told the truth from the beginning and she would’ve been okay.

ALBoy says:

@ Cha cha Hey Baby how you?

sdsthomas says:

WOW! I think I’m a bit hurt by this post. Our sins may directly or indirectly affect others. Unfortunately, it directly affected those animals and thank God for the wonderful families that took them in. But itz a sad day when we put a animal’s life over a human’s life. Thank God for the wonderful families that take in orphans, abandoned kids, crack-babies on a freakin daily basis too! When we ask God to forgive us of our sins, the throws them into the sea of forgetfulness! He remembers them no more! We have all sinned and fell short of the Glory of God! What if he remembered all of your sins and constantly reminded you of them. Let the man be! We aren’t prisoners to our past sins. The enemy loves to remind us of our sins. When he does that, I remind him of my future!

ALBoy says:

leave this man alone he went to PRISON. Real live might get Raped Prison what else should he have to do?
    When its our uncle June fresh home from going “Down the Road” we want errbody to hire him help him out. :no: Let the man live

CivilEngineer says:

renegadesince1985 says:

@Civil

——————————————-
    Or just handled that with God…she didn’t need to admit it to me or anyone else after lying for sooooooo long. Think about your kids!

dckimmie74 says:

CivilEngineer says:

Hey @dc!! Where you been?

Heyyyyyy Civil what’s good Boo? I’ve been working like a slave :D

@Man…Kiss my ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@DC
    “…Kiss my ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
    __________________________________________________________________________

:kiss:
    **since I’m a gentleman and chit**

ALBoy says:

that whole Marion Jones thing hurt my heart! that was my second ex wife

I just can’t see why people are so judgemental that they feel like second chances are not meant for everybody. Knowing good and well you have needed at least a couple second chances in your perfect on the outside filthy on the inside life.

CivilEngineer says:

@dc…tell them it’s holiday season and we don’t work!

@civil

Exactly! STFU! That whole thing was just stupid to me. I’m glad she got a second chance playing basketball.

MzDimplez1123 says:

ChaCha! Hey Mami! :hug: I’m ok, the kids are good. I’m waiting for the lil one to come home from DC.

Morning DCKimmie! :kiss:

militaryspouse1 says:

#TEAMDOGGIES

dckimmie74 says:

CivilEngineer says:

@dc…tell them it’s holiday season and we don’t work!

I know right. But it’s slowing down a little now. We had 10 acquisitions since November 1st. I miss my twam :)

Choco says:

:hugs: @ Cha and Alboy

PAHairston says:

Hello All. First of all, show me in the Bible where Jesus, our Lord and Saviour, instructed us to love our dogs/pets more than our neighbors? SHOW ME(Where is Redeemed when I need her?) Truth be told, white Americans love their dogs more than they love us colored folks. Further more, Vick has paid dearly for his mistakes, sent to a fed prison for fighting some damn vicious pit bulls! Not poodles, not teacups but PIT BULLS! The other day I was watching Wives of Beverly Hills and they were at dinner at a 60,000 sq ft mansion and one man had his dog at the dinner table! A damn dog at a formal dinner table and he wasn’t a seeing eye one either! NASTY!!! One last note:
    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE ME SOME MICHAEL VICK, MORE THAN I LOVE ME SOME DOGS, with his fine ass self! And I’ve had my German Shepard for 14 yrs, since she was a pup. I love her dearly but I love ya’ll more! Peaceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

chase says:

I am happy Vick has done his time and can move on.

I grew up w/ boys that fought pits and back then all the cops would do is take the dogs away and put them in the pound.
    The boys would go and break in to the pound and get the dogs back.
    It was a cycle that went on for a few years. Its crazy how times have changed!!!

mrzbell21 says:

23 Man, I just don’t care™ says:

@MEL THE COWARDLY PITT BULL

… **clearing throat**…
    FIGHT BETTA NICCA!

December 28, 2010 at 11:45 am
    ______________________________________________________________________

:cosign:

MissHarlem says:

UGHHH “Can I Live” should be his theme music damn both Obama and Vick!

O-B-A-M-A yes I am a supporter which in good and bad I am there as a supporter. Also thank you President for the repeal for dont ask dont tell which was said during the campaign he will do.

ALBoy says:

Ole Girl :coffee:

Choco says:

Who you calling ole :lol: :kiss:

Atypical says:

SMH @ how people choose to react to things. **** Cheney shot someone in the face and you hear about it for, what maybe a couple of weeks? Vick kills some dogs and people want his head on a platter. He paid his debt to society, people should get over it.

Zephyr1979 says:

I’m torn, on one hand I think it’s cruel to treat animals that way but on the other hand its a dog. I don’t understand how many people stand up for dogs but feel that it is okay to abort a baby. It always seems that animals have more rights than human beings. In reference to Vick the man did his time which I feel was ridiculously long for the offense, he seems to be on the right track now; allow him to be great. Stallworth didn’t even get that much time.

ALBoy says:

@ Um Um Choco

FABULOSALAKER says:

WHY CANT WE JUST LET THIS MAN SHINE??
    @RENE HEY GIRL HOW U BEEN HOW WERE THE HOLIDAYS??

Choco says:

Nah I don’t think this is about animals having more rights than humans animals depend on humans for their survival and to abuse anyone or anything PERIOD is WRONG!

Choco says:

Um Um Choco
    :lol: Y do I feel you starting already and not in a sexual way :lol:

CivilEngineer says:

renegadesince1985 says:

@civil

—————————————–
    Yea…I guess steroids are legal in women’s basketball. :thinks: makes sense

@dc…we miss you too! :love:

ALBoy says:

check out the Haitian post :coffee:

candibfly says:

soo is this where the party is?

Zephyr1979 says:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I see your point and I agree, abuse is wrong. I was just mentioning how when the two are compared it always seems that there are more advocates for animal rights than there are for human rights.

ALBoy says:

@ mrs 75% off christmas candy how you been? I like that gravi :yes:

velvetw23 says:

Leave this man alone! There have been people who have literally killed other people, paid their debt to society and have now moved on with their lives. Let this man do the same! How can we take his dad’s word anyway. He wanted money from Vick and when he didn’t get it he went public. He is a gold digger! What parent turns on thier children? There are so many African-American males that have messed up and gone to jail they try to work but can’t get a job and b/c of the way the system is setup they end up right back in jail. Now we have one of ours that has been able to overcome these obstacles and instead of supporting him with his progress we are still tearing him down. I’m glad the president called him we need more of our young black men to have the opportunity to get back on their feet. We all make mistakes let’s not be so judgemental!

Choco says:

@Zephyr
    I got you and it does seem like that but honestly I thinks it’s becuz they depend on us and it’s wrong to do someone foul when they depend on you however with that being SAID I don’t think VICK should wear the scarlet letter A for the remainder of his life – I’m over it but the story is really SAD -

candibfly says:

i love buying candy on sale after all the major holidays :crying:

i’m ok. ready to go the fu.ck home! sittin at work with nothin to do hmmph

spongebobfan says:

this post irks me.

ALBoy says:

you on the same thing Im on i have been sitting here doing nothin all day then my boss shows up like 20 mins ago she has no i mean no life at all

Choco says:

Im bored and I will be at work all effn week SMDH

Phrozen1der says:

I mean if animals are your life I respect that.People will value an animals life but in the same breath will de-value another humans life (ie: Mike Vick and his redemption). The world has it completely twisted! He went to jail,AND served his time AND has been on the straight and narrow every since…Give him a damn break! Asians actually cook dogs, when they going to raid these restauraunts and lock their asses up?! :waiting:

Phrozen1der says:

@ChaCha I answered you last night too….

MissHarlem says:

PHRO git yo ass in the temporary :kona:

Choco says:

Im sorry but I agree with Harlem—- Phrozen Scat :lol:

Phrozen1der says:

@MissHarlem @Choco but what about the Holiday rule??? :rofl:

MissHarlem says:

I implented the holiday rule therefore I can revoke that rule so GIT

Phrozen1der says:

@MissHarlem :lol:

Choco says:

Yeah Phro boo you gotta go insulting asians and chit :rofl:

Phrozen1der says:

:offtopic: Do you all watch #TCAP (To Catch a Predator)??? What you all know about Wildtrini and his CAT fetish…why PETA not raining on his parade???? :rofl:

Nika405 says:

The best thing Micheal Vick can do is continue to step out on that football field and play the best he can every week. He made a mistake and he paid for it (even though it was really harsh). TI, Pookie and Ray Ray bought guns, did/sold drugs and got probation. Uncle Ron touched lil Erica and got probation. Aunt Betty stole $100,000 from the church building fund and is paying it back $100 at a time.

LET MIKE LIVE! I love animals but like Vick said, it was normal to him to fight dogs and it was normal where I lived to fight them too. Those dogs don’t deserve a better life than him they are dogs! The deserve a chance at a better life, but if they are flucked up, but their azz down.

#teamvick and I hope he wins the Superbowl so he can ask PETA can tell him how his azz taste!

Phrozen1der says:

@Choco :rofl:

MissHarlem says:

PHRO that better not be a Trini joke or thats your ass :shotsfired: you know I lub you anyway :lol: I never got into that show but have seen some episodes.

Nika405 says:

*sO he can ask PETA how his azz taste*!

luvly1957 says:

I agree wit Bird, Sandra u waz ridin his azz wen he waz wit da Falcons and winning and wen da story first came out now all of a sudden u a dog luver bullshish da man paid his debt and got told on by his hommies who did da killin of da dogs Vick waz just there. Let him eat damn it!!!! Wish it could be a Phillie and Falcon Superbowl, I’m from da ATL but would be going for Vick all day…

Phrozen1der says:

@MissHarlem You HAVE to see it…that “WildTrini” dude told the decoy he wanted to “bang her, while she did things to a cat” :blink: Where is PETA?!?!!?

@Laker

Hey girly! I’m good…the holiday was great…i’m off till January 4 :woot: Did your baby get every thing he wanted from santa? :lol:

@Phrozen Frat…now don’t be cracking on the Chinese…. :nono: I might have to get you…but dogs that are eaten in China are raised for eating…they actually don’t even look like dogs…they look like goats or lambs.

MzKwietStorm says:

So it’s ok for towns to have hunting season and put the heads of dead animals up on their wall as a trophy. But Mike Vick goes to jail and still can’t get no love. I’m glad he served his time, and I’m glad he’s cutting a^%.

Phrozen1der says:

@Renegade Soror, I’m going to eat them anyways just don’t show them to me beforehand :lol:

242_honey says:

@MissHarlem You HAVE to see it…that “WildTrini” dude told the decoy he wanted to “bang her, while she did things to a cat” Where is PETA?!?!!?

:dead:

Phrozen1der says:

@242_Honey :lol:

Lady_L says:

velvetw23 says:

——————————————————————–

MissHarlem says:

OH OK PHRO you get a pass for this one. Now you got me wanting to youtube that chit and I already know he acting a plum fool!!!

Thank God the courts aren’t as lenient as Obama, or they would give Vick permission to start another dog kennel as long as he makes his staff sign confidentiality agreements. :coffee:

intensemocha says:

I HOPE THE EAGLES AND MIAMI WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS THIS COMING YEAR, THERE IS NO SWEETER REVENGE THAN SUCCESS, THE CRITICS WILL POP A BLOOD VESSEL JUST AT THE MERE THOUGHT THAT THEIR OPINIONS DON’T DICTATE THE OUTCOME OR HAPPINESS OF SOMEONE ELES’S LIFE

P.S. HE’S PAID HIS DEBT TO SOCIETY, BUILD A BRIDGE AND GET OVER IT-RIGHT OR WRONG DOESN’T MATTER AT THIS POINT, IT’S TIME TO ACCEPT WHAT THE REALITY IS..

VICK HAS A RIGHT TO LIVE HIS LIFE NO MATTER WHAT ANY OF YOU THINK-BOTTOM LINE

molyfe says:

I guess we can forgive ti a million times but nit Vick? The man paid his dues.

Phrozen1der says: