Nicki Minaj Punched in Mouth By Boyfriend *Updated*

According to TMZ.com, rapper Nicki Minaj was punched in the mouth by a man believed to be her longtime boyfriend, Safaree Samuel. Minaj told police she was punched in the mouth during an altercation yesterday at a hotel in Dallas, Texas.

Minaj is in Dallas to perform a concert tonight at the American Airlines Center. She is currently on tour with Britney Spears.

TMZ has learned … Minaj was hanging out at the pool at the fancy Palomar Hotel when she got into a very intense verbal spat with an unidentified man she was staying with.

Nicki told a hotel employee to call police … while the man went to their hotel room. Nicki followed soon after.

When cops and paramedics arrived, Nicki told authorities their poolside fight continued inside of their room … and the man hit her in her lower lip.

Prior to socking Nicki in the mouth, Samuel tweeted this from his Twitter account:

Samuel left the scene before cops arrived, and like most domestic abuse victims, she is refusing to press charges against him.

Update: Samuel responds to the allegations that he attacked his girlfriend Nicki:

118 Responses to “Nicki Minaj Punched in Mouth By Boyfriend *Updated*”

jealousCNenvy says:

IDK whats wrong with these dudes these days man. SMH.

Ididntreallymeanit says:

She also said she wasn’t in a relationship with that person either.Why didn’t she press charges I would have.

Eb says:

Damn…………

whatdoesitmatter says:

you lying!!! :blink:

LaTechGrad02 says:

SMH….violence is never the answer

:offtopic: Sandra have you seen Michael Irvin on the cover of Out magazine? I don’t get it, he supports the gay community so he took a picture like that?

KishaMinyonn says:

What I don’t understand is, why call the cops if you are not going to press charges?
    Any man that will hit a woman is not a man at all in my book.

jealousCNenvy says:

see thats why things is gettin cut off on folks….cant keep they hands to themselves. j/k im bad.

She not pressing charges because she loves him obviously. But i bet she will later just like Rihanna did to Chris. They persuaded her into it.

spongebobfan says:

i first believed a while ago they werent together, but he is literally with her 24/7…..attached to hip…i would be ready to come to blows too
    if this is true, thats ****ed up ….

Eb says:

His last tweet says “poolside” so………………..

lovezoe says:

Sad. People sometimes call the cops to diffuses the situations. Some locales take the perp to jail automatically if bruises are present. It goes to show no matter who you are, what’s in your bank account, a victim of DV won’t leave until they are ready.

lovezoe says:

THEN this Negro tweeted “Chilling poolside, thank God to be alive.” Well, he didn’t capitalize God, but another story for another day. So, let’s say he didn’t hit her, should’t have have been in jail for whipping the punk tail who did hit his woman. I know for a fact, if I ever told hubby some man hit me, #clockout

I Run New York says:

DAMN HE PULLED A CHRIS BROWN

jealousCNenvy says:

@lovezoe so true.

Sad situation if true.

bnatural says:

What in the world…violence is never the answer….I hope she’s alright. I wonder if this has been an on going “issue” between them. Smh.

Ididntreallymeanit says:

She also said she wasn’t in a relationship with that person either.

She’s a liar. Everybody knows they’ve been together since high school, and they live together now.

@ LaTechGrad02: Link please

KishaMinyonn says:

It happened at poolside in front of witnesses. I’m sure someone else called the cops.

KAREN says:

Did he actually hit her or did she just say he did? Was there a bruise or a witness? Did she hit him at any time? Some of the questions that needs to be asked. She could have just wanted him out of her space and that was her way in doing it.

renegadesince1985 says:

Why people don’t keep their hands to themselves I’ll never know…

Nicki shouldn’t have followed him back to the room…sometimes you gotta leave them alone and diffuse the situation

lovezoe says:

@21 I agree. A lot of times we want to keep talking, keep pushing. I am in no way advocating DV, but if a man tells you to get the f up out his face, that’s what needs to be done. Unless a woman has a gun, knife, or brick, she just can’t go toe-to-toe with a man.

@Sandra, another site that shall remain nameless quoting TMZ as saying she stressed to the police or whoever she wasn’t in a relationship with the man….but my thing is if you really weren’t why would it even cross your mind to say ya’ll aren’t in a relationship? If me and my male friend got into a fight the last thing that would cross my mind would be to say that because I’ve never seen him in that light period. And most of the time if it’s a domestic situation between to people it’s a relationship type of thing…but her business is her business, i’m still wondering how TMZ found out….I’m guessing a witness tipped then off.

LaTechGrad02 says:

The article was actually insightful but the cover picture was hmmmm, idk

@ LaTechGrad02: Thanks! I’ll check it out. :)

bnatural says:

I saw that Michael Irvin story too…its in honor of his late gay brother…those pictures do look a little suspect.

I think he’s trying to encourage pro athletes to “come out the closet”.

lovezoe says:

________________________________________________________________

I agree and if they’ve been dating since high school I’m sure she knows his temper and whether or not he can get violent…unless this was his first time being violent with her.

lovezoe says:

@23, he would have been charged with DV instead of battery. I think the punishment is different. I THINK. I also believe she knew this would get out, so she wanted to stress it wasn’t her BF so it people wouldn’t judge her like they did Rihanna when she was out riding water skis with Breezy. We all know he will be holding her purse again tomorrow.

Binki says:

I don’t understand…why would you tell someone to call the cops (as this article states) and then not press charges? People need to stop playing with 911…come on man.

Al-Ameera says:

Sigh….people really need to learn to keep their hands to themselves

@Lovezoe…makes alot of sense now that you’ve stated it that way…plus she probably doesn’t want to be judged for still being with him. Which is basically what you just said.

@ lipstickbandit: Use your deductive reasoning skills. TMZ said they were staying in the hotel together. She followed him to his room arguing. We KNOW it was Safaree because you never see one without the other. She has never admitted dating him, but it’s common knowledge in the industry.

Binki says:

_________________________________________________________________

She probably was in the heat of the moment…then bout time the cops came she came to her “senses” I use the word “senses” loosely.

lipstickbandit says:

but if a man tells you to get the f up out his face, that’s what needs to be done. Unless a woman has a gun, knife, or brick…

Or unless the woman pays all his bills :coffee:

________________________________________________________________

Auntie I fully agree…I mean who would think it was anyone other than SB?

Mamacita says:

WHy did they use the term “unidentified man”? If it was the boyfriend someone would have recognized him, right? They’re not always together so It’s not like people don’t know who he is…

lovezoe says:

Paying all the bills or not, if you been with a man, you know how far to take things. When a woman makes more than her man, all the more reasoning in their sick mind to beat on them.

I interned at a DV shelter, that is one reason why I could not willingly go in that full-time. This one lady was beat so bad, the neighbors called, she was unconscious, not trying to be funny, but she had a goose egg like Jennifer husband had, came to shelter, left like 3 days later saying he apologized and was going to give it another try. Yes, it takes 7 times before a victim leaves, but it is so hard to see women go back to men who have no mercy on them. Will beat them because they fixed mac and cheese for dinner (yes, I have seen this). Sad to see.

spongebobfan says:

my darling nicki….. why you let SB do that?? (we all know it had to be him) well we wont know what happened from her, she lied to us about him being her dude (we all know he is)

lipstickbandit says:

Or unless the woman pays all his bills :coffee:
    ____________________________________________________

Auntie that comment wasn’t mine….someone else said that.

Binki says:

lipstickbandit says:

Binki says:

_________________________________________________________________

She’s still wrong. If you called then you need to stick by that call. He needs to be held accountable for what he did. But I do understand what you are saying.

Daisy says:

I knew CBs name would be mentioned :rolleyes:

:popcorn: as I wait on the rest of this story to unfold

KishaMinyonn says:

@Sandra The article states she told the hotel staff to call the police.

KishaMinyonn says:

Also my comment was directed to DV victims in general, because I see it a lot where the woman calls the police and the police ask if she wants to press charges and she says no and the next week the same scenario plays out again.

NaijaGal says:

He’s not in the limelight so he won’t be too affected but will she be raked over the coals for not filing charges and staying with someone who hits her

ms.bstdressed says:

Was this over the pictures that Amber Rose sent him? What ever happened with that?

lovezoe says:

Where I interned, they had court to state why you should get a restraining order, I have seen the women sitting in court with the alleged attacker. Love doesn’t hurt. Whether it was her boyfriend or not, I think it was kinda tacky to post chilling poolside.

lovezoe says:

Did I miss the post about Papa Joe, I mean Matthew Knowles stealing for Beyonce?

I Run New York says:

“I knew CBs name would be mentioned :rolleyes:

Tell them why you mad son

ms.bstdressed says:

Dawn Sheen says:

Stay free shld have thought twice before he hit Nikki, I just hope it was him and not one of her personalities. I too blame the Amber Rose pics… I mean nobody wants to see Nikki nude… in my mind she still looks like herself when she made the video about eating Remy Ma box…

I wish the story had read Nikki got hit by chinese lady b/c then I wld blame lil Kim.

vero says:

she’s now catching up the joke about the amber rose pics :hahaha:

TPtotalpackage says:

I don’t really have an opinion on this… At. All. However I did want to say that you people that post on here are Hee Larry Us!!!! Its is 110 in SC with the heat index and I was under the dryer in the salon damn near death and YOU gave me liffffeeeeeeeee today! Thanks folks!

TPtotalpackage says:

—-

Chuck town stand up…

Ur welcome… we here everyday

vero says:

True dat. thats why i haven’t been here in minute during day time. People would give me nasty looks seeing me laughing at some comments. but I miss SR ! :(

vero says:

You better do like I do and learn to laugh inside… sometimes I bust out loud at some of my on ish

vero says:

I bust out loud at YOUR sh!t ! even if my mouth is closed, my eyes betray me !

vero says:

I bust out loud at YOUR sh!t ! even if my mouth is closed, my eyes betray me !

I feel you sometimes I be at work crying at my damn self… I am so dumb… I admit it… it’s Sandra fault…

vero says:

Now what did she do? or didn’t do??
    and you’re not dumb. just something else :)

it’s Sandra fault…

Why do I get the blame for everything? :lol:

StillASassyOne says:

Ask Onika if she needs to borrow my car and my tire jack? :coffee:

Ask: “who da fukk gwan rumble wid da bee, huh?!”

….then take the car up on the lawn and mow his azz over. Bet he’ll learn then…

vero says:

Now what did she do? or didn’t do??
    and you’re not dumb. just something else

She provides me with material day in and day out…I mean I was regualr before I came in here…I’m already ready for tomorrow b/c I am so sure this story isn’t going away…

Daisy says:

So based on his tweets it wasn’t him and we need not believe everything we read on blogs (a motto I have always lived by) grabs more :popcorn:

it’s Sandra fault…

Why do I get the blame for everything?

I know… I know… but had you not been so comfortable pouring salt in people wounds there would be no me… I swear if you have a meet and greet it’s a wrap like reynolds

vero says:

Hey sassy, long time no see :waves:
    Sandra, you should really give her a chance. she’s not asking for much. only dinner.

Not sure i’ll post tomorrow. day before our independance day, so much work piling up

miss g says:

Oh dayummmm…

It’s a very well known fact they date… I sent auntie an email bout another very well known fact about Ms. Minaj, but in light of the late events in her life that should be kept as an industry insider.

vero says:

:rofl: @ I swear if you have a meet and greet it’s a wrap like reynolds

keep trying Dawn, one day she’ll give up

miss g says:

By the way, hello ladies, gents and Man *side eye*

vero says:

lol @ miss G. Hello to you !

I don’t know all the facts but just from what Sandra wrote I have to say that:

1. She should’ve never followed him back to the room, not necessarily saying she deserved it, j/s that common sense if someone is so mad that you have to tell other people to call the cops you DO NOT follow them. A cooling off period can be the difference between someone being able to talk things out and someone blacking out and knocking the **** out of you… I know that from personal experience

2. There may be a reason why she chose not to press charges. I only pressed charges on my husband on the occasions he hauled off and whooped my ass without cause or reason BUT if I started it then no I didn’t press charges. Not saying I didn’t put him out, or break things off, or we went back to being a happy couple but I don’t think it’s fair to press charges on someone if we were both in the wrong :shrugs:

miss g says:

Oh dayummmm…

Aye, did YOU send that email abt Melonie Feyona and that dude from CSI? Please say noooooooooooooooooooooooooo….

vero says:

@ I swear if you have a meet and greet it’s a wrap like reynolds

keep trying Dawn, one day she’ll give up

No, she won’t… but hey she can’t say she isn’t wanted…

:rofl: @ Dawn

ELove says:

Don’t KNOW if this is True and Really DON’T Care (NOT a Fan of Hers…) but I do wonder THIS Though :think:

She’s a KNOWN Snatch-Licker which lends me to believe SHE GETS HERS Licked Too… Do those type of FEMALES really get into it with MALES (Like That…) And if Some Dude did rough her up, I’m QUITE SURE He’s a Simple-AZZ Negro that she can EASILY set up to get His AZZ Handed To HIM :coffee:

Eb says:

by Dawn Sheen
    ___________________________________
    :hahaha: :rofl: :rofl:

ELove says:

A lot of females jump bad and get stole on… i.e. Rhianna, Peppa, Nikki, and countless others… this is an example of what happens when u confuse who you are with the image ur trying to uphold… she always talking big **** and caught one… it happens…

Good night people :kiss:

@damn you so pretty in that new gravi :kiss:

@DAWN :rofl:

:hahaha: why did i just call u damn smh :no:

Friskme KI$$E$ says:

@DAWN

why did i just call u damn smh

I said the same thing… I said who is this Damn? But yes, thank you lots… Damn and Dawn shall be one in the same. :)

LuvnMeIzEz2Do says:

These types of situations are always hard to call from the outside. Never condone a man hitting a woman BUT I have seen some situations where the I wouldn’t be mad if he did touch her…

LuvnMeIzEz2Do says:

To hit a woman in her face is wrong on SO SO many levels… Not Cooool

@dawn drinks on me :koolaid:

binks says:

SMH :whistle: Rum bum bum bum rum bum bum bum rum bum bum bum Man Down

His_Mommy623 says:

awww Dawn is blue like meeeee :yahoo:

MsOnederful says:

lipstickbandit says:
    Sandrarose: Or unless the woman pays all his bills <—THIS

Kim is gonna have a good time with this one. It will be in her next diss record. "if you could turn back time "NIK" you used to be here now your gone "SEARS" i know that was corny had to try lol!!!

miss g says:

Ok, so if he didn’t do it – what’s up with his casual azz ‘ what up Dallas ‘ ? Who are you again?

Pff, bitch u ain’t no Barbie, I see you work at Arby’s game proper to this ninja.

AirForceGirl says:

Damn…this is “turrible”!! I hope this is not the case, but silly women never get the clue til they end up looking like Rhi-Rhi. :smh:

neek says:

If he really did do it and emphasis on IF then she betta bust him in his ****… I hate cowards who beat on women just because… once they see u not playing then they will think twice the next time…

!*LaKErCHiC@*! says:

WELL DANG THATS SOME FUKED UP SH!T… MORNING :coffee: <<caramel latte

VAALLDAY says:

:cuss: I wish a nucca would! He’d be something similar to that male organ in garbage disposal story!

Secret says:

I wish people would stop jumping on the guy. She should have just left him alone and not follow him back.
    1. What if she was the one who instigated it?
    2. What if she hit him first?
    3. What if he insisted to let him have his moment but she still kept going after him?
    A man do have his limits

I am not condoning anything, but people need to look at both sides, if it ever decides to come out.

ValerieB1 says:

@ secret…I agree

Tatted Diva AKA The Makeup Maven says:

What cracks me the phuck up is that the same men that hit on women are the same men that won’t even look cross-eyed @ a man! I hope she has a brother and since I’m not a Nicki fanatic, I don’t know if she does.

MsOnederful says:

she does @Tatted but he’s only about 11 *sighs*

MsOnederful says:

:offtopic: Sandra i hope you cover a story over here in NY with the finding of a Jewish boy who went missing monday. They found his dismembered body in a dumpster and another part of it in the guy’s house who did this to him. I have 2 children and the thought of this monster is just unbearable. Please bring parents to the awareness of not letting 11 year olds walk home by themselves.

Tatted Diva AKA The Makeup Maven says:

Onederful….thanks. That lil’ 11 y/o better start getting gangsta! A lot of these niggas wouldn’t put their hands on their women IF they knew about possible consequences! They know that #1, the chick WILL NOT press charges. That’s why most times, the State pick up the case! It takes resources to keep having police come out there BECAUSE YOU CALLED THEM and when they get there, you’re like I don’t wanna press charges or if they take him down, you’re bailing him the phuck out! #2 – They know that most times, no one on the chick side will do anything physical to them!

TRUE STORY – our family consists mostly of girls and I remember when a fav cuz of mine who is 2 years younger than me, very timid and just an overall sweet person, her boyfriend use to beat her ass on a regular and she would come up w/all kinds of excuses for him! Finally, we were so sick and tired of him, that she, myself, her oldest sister, my mother & 2 of our other cousins just went HAM on him! Needless to say, he hasn’t laid another hand on her………..AND NO, SHE’S NOT W/HIM ANYMORE!

Tatted Diva AKA The Makeup Maven says:

@ Onderful…..

I’ve had 2 friends killed by maniacs when I was a child growing up! The first one, there was a serial killer and his girl named Alton Coleman & Debra Brown that was terrifying the Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Kentucky area. My best friend (her name was Rochelle) & her mother were Jehovah Witnesses and Alton & Debra “joined” the Kingdom Hall. They used the rouse as wanting Bible Study and went over there and killed them. I could never get the image out of my head of them pulling the body’s out of a window from basement. They both were on deathrow (him being executed already & her being saved from deathrow but sentenced to life w/o parole here in Ohio).

The other friend, we were in elementary & the same class and this medical student (who’s father is still a doctor) name Pablo Pons (sp?) had basically murdered her and they found her remains in his basement. Her other friend that was w/her that day tried to tell police, etc. that she went into his house to see a tarantula (his rouse to get her in the house) but they questioned him but never searched until they went back later! Just so sad people’s mind frames!

!*LaKErCHiC@*! says:

@TATT WOOW THATS SOO SAD AND SCARY :cry: MY AUNT R.I.P WAS ALWAYS BEATEN BY MY UNCLE AND ON HER DEATHBEAD (CANCER) HE TOLD HER TO HURRY UP AND DIE ALREADY! SOME MEN/PEOPLE ARE JUST FUKN ANIMALS NO HEART NO SOUL… :pray: FOR THE WORLD WE LIVE IN…SMH

!*LaKErCHiC@*! says:

AUNTIE CAN WE GET A :newpost: PORFAVOR AND GRACIAS :grin:

Tatted Diva AKA The Makeup Maven says:

@ Laker…..My aunt (my family is hispanic as well & yes, I only know a few words) LOL – but she WAS married to a Puerto Rican man who was a pilot! He was so abusive (not necessarily physical but mental & verbal). They have 2 children together and one of the daughters had a club foot. He would make them run in the snow barefoot as punishment! SOME MEN SUCK and thrive off that chit! Bust his azz in the head w/a iron skillet and I bet he’ll straighten up his act!

I feel sorry for what your aunt had to go through. I’m sorry!

Tatted I saw a special on them because I think he was the first person to get the death penalty in more than one state

LadeeA says:

Well we don’t know what really happened because we weren’t there, but I’m sure they will clarify what really happened eventually.

IMO Nicki is quite the drama queen. I watched something on her and she was so annoying and dramatic. If he really did hit her, he’s an idiot.

Why does her boyfriend always look like he just woke up and wiped the slob off his face in every picture. CLOSE YOUR MOUTH DUDE!

Mother Jefferson says:

@ Tatted :applause: good for yall family putting an end to that.

I dont understand how these celebrities like Nicki and Rihanna can put up with that mess. The fame must cause a period of low self esteem

MsOnederful says:

@tatt omg i am so sorry. I don’t know what possess people to commit these heinous acts. I mean i just don’t. This world is so so scary :(

!*LaKErCHiC@*! says:

@TATT I KNOW MY PEOPLE NOT ALL BUT SOME HISPANIC MEN GOT THAT MACHO CHIT IN THEM AND THINK A WOMAN IS BELOW THEM AND ARE ONLY ON EARTH TO POP KIDS OUT N SERVED THEM… AND THAT WAS MY UNCLE SHE WAS MY AUNT BY MARRIAGE BUT SAD TO SAY I LOOOVED HER SOO MUCH MORE THAN HIM EVEN THO HE NEVER EVER TOUCH ANY OF US *ME AND MY CUZINS* HE SCARD US FO LIFE HAD TO CLIMB OUT OF WINDOWS WEN HE FELL ASLEEP FOR THE FEAR OF HIM BEATING HER AGAIN AND SHE WAS NOTHING BUT GOOD AND FAITHFUL WONDERFUL MOTHER TO HER KIDS N MY MOTHER FOR MANY YEAR R.I.P TIA VICKY.. I REALLY DO HATE THIS SUBJECT.. WISH MY AUNT RAN AWAY BUT SHE BELIEVE CHILDREN NEEDED A FAMILY… :(

GAGIRL87 says:

I’m not gonna believe this crap until I see a police report confirming the incident or I see pics of her face and dat lip :coffee:

@Lakes I’m so sorry about your aunt :(

Tatted Diva AKA The Makeup Maven says:

@ Luscious…yeah, they did! I was so devastated! That was my best friend and my mother & her mother was close. It still haunts me sometime!

@ Mother Jefferson….baby, my grandmother said, since we were girls, to pick the baddest one and dog walk their azzes! That’s what we did, that’s what we’ve done and will continue to do! That chit is unacceptable! Keep your hands to yourself. I saw a lot of comments about people saying that give the dude some space, etc. If he cannot exercise control, no matter what the circumstance is, then HE has the problem. Not her! And let’s be real, most of these men only beat up on the women who allow it, not the ones that run up on him and talking chit!

Tatted Diva AKA The Makeup Maven says:

@ Lakes….Man, you are caving in my heart! I know all about them! I can honestly say, my uncles are good to their women! I’m happy about that! And yes, I do know about the mexican men and their reps…..UGH!

@ Onderful….READ UP ON THEM BOTH. Alton Coleman & Debra Brown. When you read some of the things they’ve done to other people, it’s crazy! They went on a multi-state killing spree but they tried them here in Ohio because they knew that Ohio would give them the death penalty faster! I’m from & grew up in Toledo (where my friend and her mother were killed) but I live in Columbus now. He’s killed people in Cincy, etc.

GAGIRL87 says:

@ Tatted goodmorning and sorry about your loss as well…

!*LaKErCHiC@*! says:

@GA THANKS GIRL SHE IN A WAY BETTER PLACE THEN HERE :yes: BECASUE SHE PROLLY WOULDN’T OF LEFT HIM :/ HAD A HARD TIME ACCEPTING IT AT THE BEGINING BUT SHE IS NO LONGER IN PAIN AND SCARED SO I THANK GOD FOR THAT

Tatted Diva AKA The Makeup Maven says:

@ GA – Good morning pumpkin pie! Thank you for your kind words!

LaTechGrad02 says:

Morning SR Fam

GAGIRL87 says:

@GA THANKS GIRL SHE IN A WAY BETTER PLACE THEN HERE BECASUE SHE PROLLY WOULDN’T OF LEFT HIM :/ HAD A HARD TIME ACCEPTING IT AT THE BEGINING BUT SHE IS NO LONGER IN PAIN AND SCARED SO I THANK GOD FOR THAT

Amen you right though…

Same script…..different cast!

This is such a personal matter and I have no opinion of it. I’m not for DV hopefully the matter will be handle justly.

Men keep your hands to yourself.
    Women keep your hands to yourself.

mirsmommy says:

MsOnederful says:

___________________________

I heard about that this morning. :sad: It was said that the little boy begged his parents about walking home by himself, and they finally agreed. They were meeting him at a halfway point, but the little boy took a wrong turn on his way home. There was video footage of a car pulling up next to him, and he got in. That’s how they found the guy. So sad. :sad: RIP to that beautiful baby boy.

MsOnederful says:

DAG @Mirsmommy im glad they caught his azz. cut that boy in half. like what!

songstress08 says:

We’re dumb? No, you’re dumb, and a coward, for hitting a woman and Nicki is dumb, with low self-esteem, for accepting it and for not pressing charges. Dude, you are a groupie and are only relevant because of Nicki. Get real!