When Barack Obama was sworn in as America's 44th president in 2009 he began earnestly pushing his green jobs and clean energy agenda.

In a speech at George Mason University in Virginia President Obama promised to "modernize 75 percent of federal buildings" and "improve the energy efficiency of two million American homes, saving consumers and taxpayers billions on our energy bills.”

Obama pledged strong backing for clean energy and the development of renewable energy technology -- bankrolled by taxpayer funded loans to the tune of billions of dollars.

In 2009 the Energy department -- with the blessings of President Obama -- doled out truckloads of cash to unproven and untested renewable energy companies such as Solyndra.

An early beneficiary of President Obama's clean energy initiative was George Kaiser, already one of the richest men in the country. Kaiser ran the now bankrupt solar-panel company Solyndra, which received a $535 million loan from the Obama administration in 2009.

It took a little more than a year for Solyndra to burn through $500 million with nothing to show for it.

In danger of defaulting on the loan, Solyndra went back to the Obama administration in 2010 to request an additional $67 million to fend off bankruptcy.

In an email dated January 31, 2011, an Office of Management Budget staff member warned: “If Solyndra defaults down the road, the optics will be arguably worse later than they would be today. .?.?. In addition, the timing will likely coincide with the 2012 campaign season heating up.”

The email suggested that the staffer was more worried about the political ramifications for the Obama administration than the cost to taxpayers.

Solyndra filed for bankruptcy 2 weeks ago, putting 1,100 employees out of work and taxpayers on the hook for the loans.

Did we mention that George Kaiser was one of the largest financial contributors to President Obama's presidential campaign in 2008?

• kingstonn

so sandra
    are you voting for Rick Perry this election or...?

• chocolate divalicious

I got 99 problems and this nicca ain't one-Obama voice :coffee:

• http://yallaintchit.com/ Man, I just don’t care™

I'm surprised it took Sandra this long to post something on this.

Companies go out of business EVERYDAY after getting Government GRANTS (this was a LOAN) so I'm not sure where the story is. :shrugs:

I guess when you have to grasp at straws this is the sort of chit you come up with.

• http://twitter.com/_Tainted_Love Tainted_Love

SMH I'm not a fan of Obama (or any other politician) but darn Obama just can't win for losing.

Not sure who i will be voting for this go around :sarcasm: I'm one of those that vote but doesn;t believe my vote counts people lol

• http://youtu.be/SyzcW8ZVnsc melissak380

@ Kingstonn: Rick Perry = :hurl:

I cant STAND that man :shank:

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

so sandra
    are you voting for Rick Perry this election or…?

As a citizen of Great Britain I am not allowed to vote in this country. :coffee:

• http://twitter.com/_Tainted_Love Tainted_Love

@Sandra

So you are a permanent resident?

• lite coffee

Man, I just don't care™ says:

Companies go out of business EVERYDAY after getting Government GRANTS (this was a LOAN).
    -------------------------------------
    :cosign: EXACTLY!

• http://yallaintchit.com/ Man, I just don’t care™

@SANDRA

Can we get a Morning Glory on one (or possibly all) of the following ladies?

Draya from BBQ Wives
    Black Chyna
    Swizz alleged sidepiece
    Zoe Saldainaina;roubano

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

The story is most companies don't receive $500 million in loans and they are not run by the biggest campaign donors to President Obama. What I left out of the story was that the Obama administration pushed the Energy department to approve the loan quickly to coincide with Vice President Joe Biden's participation in the ground breaking ceremony for the company. So in other words, the company was built and funded by the Obama administration. :coffee:

• http://twitter.com/_Tainted_Love Tainted_Love

Man says:

------------------------------------
    Exactly!

• H-Townmama

:wail: @Kingstonn
    If Perry becomes President I'm moving to another country. Gov Good Hair is just Bush without the ape-like features.

• http://youtu.be/SyzcW8ZVnsc melissak380

H-Townmama says:

@Kingstonn
    If Perry becomes President I’m moving to another country. Gov Good Hair is just Bush without the ape-like features.
    *****************************************

:cosign:

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

Tainted_Love says:

So you are a permanent resident?

My correct status is legal resident alien of the United States. No legal alien is a permanent resident unless Obama says so :coffee:

• lite coffee

Sandra you should do a story on the govenor of Florida pushing drug testing and his company is the one with the contract to do the testing. :yes:

• Tatted Diva AKA The Makeup Maven

@ Tainted - Your box should be on full, mama! Sowwy! :wail:

• Dee1127

@ Man

I'm waiting for your Morning Wood pics :coffee:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0LpQ5XJzhQ Long Time Lurker

Sup :coffee:

• http://yallaintchit.com/ Man, I just don’t care™

@SANDRA
    "Companies go out of business EVERYDAY after getting Government GRANTS (this was a LOAN) so I’m not sure where the story is.

The story is most companies don’t receive $500 million in loans and they are not run by the biggest campaign donors to President Obama. What I left out of the story was that the Obama administration pushed the Energy department to approve the loan quickly to coincide with Vice President Joe Biden’s participation in the ground breaking ceremony for the company. So in other words, the company was built and funded by the Obama administration."
    ___________________________________________________________________________

:think:
    So, this is a story because:

A: The company was built and funded by the Obama Administration (with a LOAN

B: The Administration pushed to get it approved

C: The amount was $500 million

D: All of the above

Just trying to figure out the story here...

• chocolate divalicious

@Sandra

So you fire shots :shotsfired: at our President on the daily and your vote doesn't even count. Ummm kay :whistle:

• Yall still crazy

I'm still voting for him though :coffee:

• renegadesince1985

Sandra you've been here for decades and haven't gotten your citizenship? I don't blame you...I'm not giving up my Jamaican citizenship...if I can't have dual then i'll stick with JA.

• http://yallaintchit.com/ Man, I just don’t care™

@DEE
    "I’m waiting for your Morning Wood pics"

Sandra didn't accept my pictures. She said they weren't "family oriented" enough for her blog.

I even held up a piece of paper with "N.S.F.W." next to the dyck but I guess that wasn't enough.

• http://twitter.com/_Tainted_Love Tainted_Love

@Tatted...Lol I replied. I'm going to try some of the looks you did

• http://twitter.com/_Tainted_Love Tainted_Love

@Man

I would love to see your morning wood pics lol

• Yall still crazy

Bush and 'nem done started wars that cost over 50M PER MONTH (& still counting) and now we are worried about a 500M loan :shrug:

• Yall still crazy

Man, I just don't care™ says:

@DEE
    “I’m waiting for your Morning Wood pics”

Sandra didn’t accept my pictures. She said they weren’t “family oriented” enough for her blog.

I even held up a piece of paper with “N.S.F.W.” next to the dyck but I guess that wasn’t enough.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    You see, that's where you went wrong, using a pc of paper, perhaps you should've put a Post-It next to your member :shrug:

#justtryingtohelp :lol:

• Yall still crazy

:newpost:

• Tatted Diva AKA The Makeup Maven

@ Tainted! Okay. Be my guest! I could've sent them for days! :rofl:

• Yall still crazy

:chickenhead:

• http://youtu.be/a3MzdAVL46E YSoSerious

Last I checked Obama was STILL president. :coffee:

• MissHarlem

HAPPY FRIDAY

RENE you can have dual citizenship I do and my good friend who is Jamaican has it too. Wouldnt hurt

• Yardgirl

renegadesince1985 says:

Sandra you’ve been here for decades and haven’t gotten your citizenship? I don’t blame you…I’m not giving up my Jamaican citizenship…if I can’t have dual then i’ll stick with JA.

*****************************
    You really do not give up your Jamaican citizenship. I am a US citizen, but I maintain my Jamaican passport and keep it current with no problems from the Jamaican consulate in NYC. I have been urging everyone to get their citizenship, because the laws have changed and they will revoke your green card in a minute and deport you. Just saying :)

• http://yallaintchit.com/ Man, I just don’t care™

@YALL
    Post 30

• http://yallaintchit.com/ Man, I just don’t care™

@TAINTED LOVE + YALL + DEE + KINGSTON (I know you didn't say anything but in my mind you want to see too)

I am NOT a piece of meat you know?
    **hurriedly takes multi pics of dyck to send out**

• chocolate divalicious

@Man
    :dead: :ghost:

Tell my daddy to put on my lace gloves with the fingers out.

• GJJR

I am going to say this and I do not care who likes it. You do all this complaining about our President and you are not even a voter. Take your ass back to Great Britain and the one from Jamaiaca, the same to your ass too. All of you just complain too damn much anyway. No one can please you. Obama, Beyonce, Tyler Perry and others. You have identiy problems and you want to operate a blog that condems popular people. You are sick. Get a life or a man...

• MzDetermined

Did this man bring down Barack Obama’s presidency?

• datsmdubya2u

i KNOW MOST OF YOU WON'T READ THIS BUT I'LL TRY ANYWAY TO EXPLAIN WHAT AMERICAN GREEN TECH FIRMS ARE UP AGAINST. I KNOW SOME OF YA'LL CAN'T READ MORE THAN ONE PARAGRAPH (UNLESS IT'S ABOUT RHIANNA) BUT TRY ANYWAY!!!

China has been undercutting U.S. companies in green tech for years.

China engages in illegal practices that stimulate and protect its domestic producers of green technology, ranging
    from wind and solar energy products to advanced batteries and energy-efficient vehicles.
    These practices have enabled China to emerge as a dominant supplier of certain green technologies. They also have
    facilitated the transfer of manufacturing and R&D investment from the U.S. to China, cost American workers the
    high-skilled green jobs of the future, and increased the U.S. trade deficit.

Dozens of vital green technologies – solar panels, wind turbines, advanced batteries, energy efficient lighting,
    and more – depend on critical raw materials derived from rare earth elements and other minerals. In many cases,
    there are no substitutes for these minerals in green technology applications, due to their unique physical and
    chemical properties. China Produces 90% of these vital materials.

China uses export quotas, taxes, and licensing procedures to restrict exports of these minerals to users in the U.S.
    and other countries. These restrictions raise prices for manufacturers outside of China, lower prices for those
    within the country, and create a powerful incentive to shift production to China in order to secure necessary
    supplies.

Leaders in China readily admit to restricting exports of these materials in order to spur investments within China.

All of this is in clear violation of World Trade Organization commitments made by China in order to get into the "game" so to speak.

No American company who has to play by the rules from everything to Labor Laws to Local city ordinances can compete with China whose factories abide by no such restrictions and can even use slave labor.

ARE YOU GONNA WORK FOR $2 an hour?

THEY DO IN CHINA.

WILL THIS BRING DOWN PRESIDENT OBAMA? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• CG

i KNOW MOST OF YOU WON’T READ THIS ( :ido: ) BUT I’LL TRY ANYWAY TO EXPLAIN WHAT AMERICAN GREEN TECH FIRMS ARE UP AGAINST. I KNOW SOME OF YA’LL CAN’T READ MORE THAN ONE PARAGRAPH (UNLESS IT’S ABOUT RHIANNA) BUT TRY ANYWAY!!!

China has been undercutting U.S. companies in green tech for years.

high-skilled green jobs of the future, and increased the U.S. trade deficit.

chemical properties. China Produces 90% of these vital materials.

supplies.

All of this is in clear violation of World Trade Organization commitments made by China in order to get into the “game” so to speak.

ARE YOU GONNA WORK FOR $2 an hour?

THEY DO IN CHINA.

WILL THIS BRING DOWN PRESIDENT OBAMA? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:applause:

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

That's because you used standard notebook paper and I told you to use legal paper which is 11 inches long :coffee:

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

@ datsmdubya2u:

Thanks for the lesson on green technology exports :clap:

• datsmdubya2u

@sandra

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

That’s because you used standard notebook paper and I told you to use legal paper which is 11 inches long

both of ya'll need one more good whoopin :whip:

--------------------------------------

@ datsmdubya2u:

Thanks for the lesson on green technology exports
    __________________________________

no problem that's what I learned from my ex who is trying to get a firm off the ground (windpower). I can't take credit for it.

• datsmdubya2u