It’s been 10 years since rapper Nas Ethered his rival Jay Z on wax by implying that the illest MC was gay and a narcissist. But last night the two men, who magnanimously settled their feud years ago, came together to celebrate Nas’ 38th birthday at Catch in New York City.

La La and her husband Carmelo Anthony looked very classy and respectable last night. Ladies, pay attention: this is how you dress when you’re with your man in mixed company. Exposing your cleavage when you’re with your man around other men is never acceptable under any circumstance.

Colombiana star Zoe Saldana also attended the birthday bash for Nas. Jay Z took no questions from the media about reports that he has a secret son in Trinidad. Isa Jael is now 9 and living with his mom, Shenelle Scott on the exotic island in a palatial home that Jigga bought for them. Jay Z met Shenelle on the “Big Pimpin’” video set in New York City in 2000, before Jay Z met Beyoncé.

Remember when rapper AZ outshined Nas on “Life’s a Bitch” on Nas’ acclaimed Illmatic album in 1994? Everyone thought AZ was “The One” hip hop had been waiting for — and then he fell off the face of the earth.

L-R: Carmelo Anthony, Jay-Z, Ne-Yo, Nas, Steve Stoute and Common. Steve Stoute’s book release party was also held last night. They say his party snarled traffic for hours because people got out of their cars to snap photos of the tricked out Maybach used in Jay-Z and Kanye West’s video for “Otis” was parked outside Schnabel’s West 11th Street home before it was pulled into the lobby for the Tuesday night bash.

L-R: the excellent actor Michael Kenneth Williams (Omar on HBO’s “The Wire”), posed with Mark Birnbaum and rapper Common

Carmelo Anthony and Common

Photos by Jerritt Clark/ Wireimage.com

81 Responses to “Jay Z, La La & Carmelo Anthony, Zoe Saldana, Common, Ne-Yo celebrate Nas’ 38th birthday”

lashellebelle says:

Ooooh Common :hump:

Nas is SOOOO fine for 38. I was just thinking about him yesterday.

The dress code was all over the place up in that piece. Definately not feeling Nas ensemble. No part of it.

momo says:

When is Jay Z going to start dressing his age? Seriously, why does he have on Timbs with slacks? He looks like a dayum fool.

chibytex says:

Its some funny looking dudes at this party…..

and I really dont like satin dresses….

melissak380 says:

Nas :love:

Who is that cute white boy Mark Birnbaum? :hump:

renegadesince1985 says:

I :heart: Nas…I wish I had gotten to see him at Rock The Bells when I was in NYC. :crying: We need more MCs like him…

lashellebelle says:

Neyo’s lookin’ MY-T ZESTY in the “all guys” pic…. Got the lips all tooted up!

eastpointvet says:

looks like a nice intimate event. AZ did murk nas on that lifes a bitch lol. i know daisy will be in here to comment shortly

Eb says:

@ east Nas is Renz man

Ladies lookin for athletes or rappers
    Whatever you choose, whatever you do
    Make sure he a thug and intelligent too
    Like a real thoroughbred is, show me love
    Lemme feel how the head is
    Females whose the sexiest is always the nastiest
    And I like a little sassiness, a lotta class
    Mommy reach in your bag, pass the fifth
    I’m a leader, at last this a don you wit’
    My nines’ll spit, niggaz loose consciousness :dance:

chibytex says:

________________________________________
    So its okay to expose your cleavage when you are NOT around your man under all circumstances? :think:

MsPretTiTi says:

Lala looks very nice, I dont like Zoe’s feet her toes look very weird, Nas and AZ looks very handsome :)

Good Morning All :hi:

Creamychic says:

in morning :waves: leaves out :bye:

chibytex says:

AZ has always sorta sexy to me….I used to be a big fan….

Carrington says:

And Nas looks the damn fool in that taffeta purple/pink/burgundy combo jacket that needs another X to support his should region. What happened to just being classy and fly? Why is fashion for us always about who can stand out the most. “I gotta be different, so I’m going to wear some 80′s glasses and a snug a$$ tuxedo jacket.” GTFOH… just do you. It takes more effort to try to piece together some awful $hit to try to look different than to just put on a regular APPROPRIATELY cut suit and match it up with a fly a$$ shirt and tie – and possibly a hat if that’s your thing.

Everybody jockying for position on the “I’m different than everybody else” scale.

Bye.

!*LaKErCHiC@*! says:

NAS AND COMMON :hump: THEY CAN GET IT!!
    JAY Z LOOKS SURPRISE IN ALMOST ALL THE PICS..
    MELO AND LALA BOOOORING :yawn:
    ZOE BISH U PURRTY :yes: I LIKE HER SHE IS MY SECRET GIRL CRUSH BEUTIFUL CLASSY AND TALENTED :love:

maybe i’m out of touch with men’s fashion..bc i don’t like any of the outfits above :no:

gm ALL :waves:

bnatural says:

Every time I see Common, I think of his horrible acting in Just Wright….I can’t shake it for some reason….

Ty says:

________________________________________________________________________
    He doesnt have to respond at this point. Somebody got shook up or held over a ledge by their ankles because the story was recanted today. That didnt take long at all :coffee: Jays definitely connected

chibytex says:

__________________________________________________
    I always thought :boobs: being out were appropriate….My hubby loves it when I have my girls out when I with him..

Now when I’m going somewhere with my friends he does like for me to cover them up a bit…

I think Sandra has it backwards….

chibytex says:

I agree Lakes Zoe is a sexy slim lady…I usually like a lil more meat…but she has sexy appeal about her and she carries it well….

FeFe says:

@melissa

I noticed he was a cutie too…I want to know what he does…

I HATE Nas’s smedium azz blazer…

Zoe is one gawjust skinty bish! caint wait to see columbiana!!!

Lakesss! :waves:
    Rene
    Creamy
    Eb
    Prettytittays
    Chi
    Bird
    Lashelle
    Momo
    Melissa

:dance: sup doe?

eastpointvet says:

@eb
    i was gonna say them both but she had already commented so only daisy was left lol.

Yardgirl says:

Fayla says:

gm ALL

************************

Hey Fayla!!!!! Naw you are not out of touch, those are some fugly outfits!! Nas and his shiny a$$ suit being the worst of the bunch :blink:

Ty says:

What ever happened to AZ :think: Dude was sick back in the day. He was probably the only one that could touch Nas and Life’s A Bitch is still classic!

Ty says:

________________________________________________________________________
    He doesnt have to respond at this point. Somebody got shook up or held over a ledge by their ankles because the story was recanted today. That didnt take long at all Jays definitely connected
    yeen know? :coffee:

Afiya says:

Like Common, but why does everyone look so messy, LaLa that dress does nothing for you at all. They all look they went to their closets blindfolded.

MsPretTiTi says:

:waves: my b lol, Heyy Fayla

bnatural says:

****************************

It was pretty damn bad. Not the kind of thing one forgets. It broke my heart to see my boy go out like that.

Ty says:

Fayla aka JuicyFruit says:

Ty says:

________________________________________________________________________
    yeen know?
    _______________________________________________________________________
    :yes: but that was quick as hell. Dude is “now” claiming that he doesnt know shyt :rofl: If you didn’t know shyt why did u contact the media in the first place?

Yardieeee! :hug: if i can’t see my hubby’s sexy ass rockin it, ion be feelin it :lol:

FeFeeee! :yahoo: what it dew yew?

chibytex says:

_____________________________________________
    I think Jay-z is the worst…That shirt he has on is boderline to short…them pants is too big…and the Tims just dont work…looks like he got dressed in the dark or debated about whether he wanted to go and just threw some chit on….

Omar’s Muslim suit is not the bizness either…

FeFe says:

:waves: @errbody

Too lazy to scroll up…btw, what’s up with Zoe’s feet? She is normally ALWAYS on point…still a cute chica…

La La and Melo are very :yawn:

@Sandra

My man loves it when my cleavage is out when I’m with him…now if I have it out and I’m kicking it with my girls, then he gets all crazy acting and chit…

Ty says:

Fayla aka JuicyFruit says:

Ty says:

________________________________________________________________________
    yeen know?
    _______________________________________________________________________
    but that was quick as hell. Dude is “now” claiming that he doesnt know shyt If you didn’t know shyt why did u contact the media in the first place?
    oh he knew allright. he just had a meeting ala Big Red from 5 Hearbeats style! :karate:

Sandra, I love you like the sister my daddy had with his side dish that I never got to meet, but really wanted to, but girl your relationship and how to attract a man advice don’t be hittin on nathan girl. Many many mens like for their lady to play the trophy role when they are at social functions. They want to be envied.

chibytex says:

____________________________________________________________
    *ques Kanye’s “Power” song….

Nhere says:

AZ has the simplest attire and best dressed at the same time. That boy put some lean meat on his bones over the years.

bigtyme says:

nas and this nicky barnes get up is not the business!

Mother Jefferson says:

I think everybody look gud, a lot of money in that room. :coffee:

chibytex says:

@Sandra

__________________________________
    :yes: :yes:
    If I’m going out with my girls and I have my :boobs: out he be like “so where ya’ll going?” I’m like “to a Lounge or out to eat.” He like “you dont think you need to change tops.” “Those are MINE and MINE only!”

It cute when he gets a lil jealous like that!!! :lol:

Creamychic says:

chibytex says:

Ladies, don’t listen to Sandra, y’all gon’ mess ya man on some bullshe-yit… pull ya tiddy’s out randomly! Picnics… PTA meetings… aisle 5 at Wal & Mart… Gospelfest… tiddy’s are never inappropriate.-__________________________________________________
    I always thought being out were appropriate….My hubby loves it when I have my girls out when I with him..

I think Sandra has it backwards….
    ___________________________________________________________

I see sandra point, but if i go into it it will stir a whole new topic, so i;m gonna leave back out , moaning Bird, Fayla, My dearest LAKES, Chiby, FeFe, :waves:

ohpretty1 says:

Nas is pulling off that look. :lol: Common is just a beautiful man, oh my. LaLa looks nice.

melissak380 says:

oh he knew allright. he just had a meeting ala Big Red from 5 Hearbeats style!
    ***********************************************

:lol: right! and then Red had the nerve to show up to the funeral?! :wtf:

Bigbadwolf says:

momo says:

________________________________
    I think it’s the New York in him. I have family from New York, and them niccas where Timbs wit short and chit. Look at Nas with the Adidas. I don’t get it.

FeFe says:

@chi

IKR, when you have them out and they aren’t with you then they start thinking of why you may have them out…are you trying to attract another man…etc.

KDub says:

So you mean to tell me La La is not reporting to duty to get them feets done on a reg after we all peeped her Betty Rubble car stoppers, heffa frolicking all over NYC with a buncha dykes (Dice and Po) and her husband is out looking like that in the public? 4 diff shades Mello? Really?

She need to take time out to dress her man.

melissak380 says:

Morning from Houston y’all :wave:

Carrington says:

When Common was with Erykah, I was at a mutual friend’s house and TV is kind to that MF. LMAO! He is very weird looking in person. His shawt and has these HUGE bozo looking feet. I couldn’t stop staring at his feet – I’m sure I made him uncomfortable, but they didn’t go with his body. I was waiting to see if when he got in the car, 16 more clowns would climb out. LOL

GAGIRL87 says:

Lala gets a :thumbsup: for this outfit she looks cute and classy for the occassion imo…

NaijaGal says:

:hi: everyone
    Nas has always been tasty to me. I loved The Wire. Omar was my favorite character. Dude can act.

kingstonn says:

Carmelo….. :tape:

:peace: Sup errbody (Bruh Man nod)

eastpointvet says:

nas back on his escobar style he getting paid by adidas i owuld rock them 2 if they paying me

KDub says:

tiddy’s are never inappropriate.
    ————————————–
    My momma is always on us (I am one of 3 girls) to put our girls up when we are going out. Imma tell her ole old fashioned azz this next time she say something… “Ma… tiddy’s are never inappropriate”

BAM!

GAGIRL87 says:

@ Birdie :waves:

hotmess says:

La La… Feet look nasty with all that mess on it some women go to far with it nasty

Jay Bee says:

Melo and Lala ..beautiful couple

GAGIRL87 says:

hotmess says:

_______________________________________________________________________

There is nothing wrong with the tatt on Lala’s feet it’s tastefully done imo and what looks nasty is Zoe’s feet in those daymn shoes :blink:

Ms. Everything says:

I :heart: Nas, even if he is wearing that ugly ass jacket :cuss: and Lala looks very pretty and very classy in these pics. All these pics look nice and everyone looks good. I love that Nas went the mature route vs having a hood rat infested club party as a grown man (which is just never a good look) :claps:

LadeeA says:

AZ! AZ! :cheer: He was lyrically one of the best to me back then! Definitely slept on.

Er’y body else? :huh:

CFREE says:

COTDAYUM!! Common,NAS,Melo <<< that's alota hottness going on :yahoo:

:no: Omar suit is clinging on for dear life :blink:

CFREE says:

:whistle: <<<THE Omar whistle, darn i miss the wire

Ms. Everything says:

Uh I kinda get Sandra’s point too :oops: … not saying you shouldn’t be sexy when you’re with your man, not saying that at all, but no man appreciates having a woman who looks like a streetwalker on his arm. He might be happy to fvck and yeah at first he’s gonna appreciate that everybody wants his woman but eventually that ish gets old. You have to know whats appropriate for where you’re going. At a restaurant, there’s no reason for her tits to be on display and she’s actually very appropriately dressed, not too dressy but not casual either. Now if they were at a club, then yeah show a little more skin, but still don’t look like you’re up for grabs. Problem is too many women don’t know the difference between sexy and trashy. And too many men will tell them that sh!t looks good to their faces while calling them trash behind their backs. You don’t need to show all your body parts to be sexy. I usually choose one thing to show off, if my cleavage is out than I’m not gonna show too much leg, if I wanna show off my legs I’m gonna cover up the girls… :shrugs:

mochacashmere says:

Carrington says:

And Nas looks the damn fool in that taffeta purple/pink/burgundy combo jacket that needs another X to support his should region. What happened to just being classy and fly? Why is fashion for us always about who can stand out the most. “I gotta be different, so I’m going to wear some 80?s glasses and a snug a$$ tuxedo jacket.” GTFOH… just do you. It takes more effort to try to piece together some awful $hit to try to look different than to just put on a regular APPROPRIATELY cut suit and match it up with a fly a$$ shirt and tie – and possibly a hat if that’s your thing.

Bye.

_______________________________________________________________________

#boobiessalute

Dawn Sheen says:

Sandra, I totally agree with you about Michael K. White being an excellent actor… very underrated… even beyong the Wire. Loves him.

Hmph :coffee: Shiny azz people in one room

:danban: SR

Seriously wonders who on here needs this advice perhaps you should be telling Tiny or some other celeb this :coffee:

CHARBEE says:

Hi all :wave:

Let me see here:

Lala & Carmello look nice.

Nas is super sexay, but I dont agree with his gym shoes.

Common :heart:

Jay Z looks a mess Timbos and the shirt looks a lil small.

Michael K. White IS A HELLUVA ACTOR.. Does anyone know if he’s really gay? I read that he met Snoop in a gay bar.

West Coast Chick says:

________________________________________

:preach: Auntie!!! :applause:

trenee says:

fun times

Lady_L says:

Fayla aka JuicyFruit says:

———————-
    i’m with you on this one….

Ms.Fashion says:

Sorry but JAYZ looks like he was forced to be there before NAS put out ETHER part 2 on his ASS!!!! His stance looks awkward!!!

RoseBud83 says:

Nothing but lesbians and gays..no striaght person in this photos. Look like an illuminati gathering of all the puppets.

Melo stay looking bloated.

Nas was one of the best and realist MC’s in the game..then his weak behind sold out and signed with Jay-z’s evil behind. Gay-z cares for nobody but himself.

Zoe looks like she does a line of coke before every public appearence.

They all look so empty and unfulfilled. Doing satan work must be exhausting.

I hope T.I. stays away from these industry devils and that illuminati BS. GOD is the only way!

RoseBud83 says:

Common is another one who sold out.

Satan don’t love none of these fools..he laughs at their weak asses.

LadeeA says:

You spittin truth Rosebud!

You spittin truth!

ninamosley says:

carmelo looks like a kid that wears too big clothes. sloppy too!

Daisy says: