Man held in brutal rape and murder of Las Vegas mom, daughter

A Las Vegas man is being held without bond in the brutal bludgeoning deaths of a mother and her daughter in their central valley home.

Police say Bryan Clay, 22, was a total stranger to Ignacia and Arturo Martinez when he broke into their home and attacked them with a hammer on April 15.

Ignacia, 38, and her daughter Karla, 10, were both raped and beaten to death with a claw hammer. The weapon was not recovered.

The attacks left Ignacia’s husband, Arturo, unconscious with traumatic head injuries. He remains in critical condition in an intensive care unit, unable to speak to investigators. Police say the Martinez’s two sons, 9 and 4, were at home at the time of the attacks, but they were uninjured.

“This was a complete stranger killing a mother and daughter and attacking the father,” Lt. Ray Steiber told the Associated Press. “I’ve been doing this (police work) 24 years, and you don’t see cases like this. I can’t even put this into words.”

Clay was initially booked Friday on suspicion of child sexual abuse in an unrelated case. DNA results linked him to the deaths of Ignacia and Karla — and to the rape and assault of a 50-year-old woman earlier that day in the same neighborhood.

The unidentified woman told police she was waiting at an intersection when a man chased her into the nearby desert and viciously beat and raped her. The man left a key piece of evidence behind at the scene of the woman’s attack — his baseball cap which contained DNA.

The boy’s allegations led a police spokesman to inform the media — the day the bodies were found — that the public should not be alarmed because there was no reason to believe a killer was free.

But Deputy Chief Jim Owens dismissed reports that Arturo Martinez was connected to the deaths of his wife and daughter.

“We (detectives) haven’t been able to talk to him,” Owens said. “Certainly we don’t have enough yet to consider him a suspect.”

Martinez’s friends say Arturo was a skilled fighter who taught self defense techniques at a nearby boxing center where both he and his wife worked.

“I don’t believe Arturo would put his family in danger,” said 16-year-old Felipe Lazos, who learned to box at a gym Martinez managed.

Ignacia Martinez handled the financial paperwork at the gym. She also knew jiu-jitsu.

Lazos believes the couple was ambushed in their home by another skilled fighter who overpowered them. “They had to be a good fighter,” Lazos said of the suspect.

53 Responses to “Man held in brutal rape and murder of Las Vegas mom, daughter”

Trendsetter says:

Dude is super cray cray…and not to mention he looks just like somebody I know

gbellab says:

Burn in hell you effing monster!! Sick sick sick!

Torae says:

This is truly heartbreaking and SICK! Lost for words…

CD FENTY says:

JUST WOW!!!!!

I hope they rape and beat this muhfukkas ass in jail until his intestines fall out sick fukker :cuss:

Flawless says:

SMH :mad:

:think:

I need to wait until more details come out about the husband/father…

With that being said, this fool should ROAST for what he’s done…

_____________________________________

:blink:

Bigbadwolf says:

Trendsetter says:

Dude is super cray cray…and not to mention he looks just like somebody I know
    IKR He looks familiar to me too. He looks like a Vick brother.

KDub says:

With his ole Chris Rock from New Jack City looking azz. :cuss:

God bless their SOULS that family. :pray: This is terrrrrrible.

Flawless says:

This is Exactly why I have my CCW, and I turn on my alarm every night … dont want nobody creepin up on me & my babies

bashword says:

This fool!

Nothing surprises me anymore though.

KDub says:

Trendsetter says:

Dude is super cray cray…and not to mention he looks just like somebody I know
    IKR He looks familiar to me too. He looks like a Vick brother.
    ——————————————
    POOKIE. We allll know Pookie.

Trendsetter says:

@ Bigbadwolf.. yea he do favor the Vick brothers..

WUT-IZ-SWAGU says:

This is absolutely sick! What a twisted bastid!!!!

Morning Yall…
    To angry to do waves and shyt this crazy mofo has ruined my day!
    *Stomps off until next post….

Lord Jesus! THIS is AWFUL!! his demonic evil ass..is just..no words

:pray: for this family!!!

lovezoe says:

Morning! What a horrific case, some folks are born demented.

Tainted_Love says:

I feel like I’ve seen him as well…but he’s sick arse should be tortured

Usual Suspect says:

:waves: @DUB – Did you just call that nicca Pooky? :dead:

Usual Suspect says:

What up WUT,Tainted and Lucas mama :hug:

Tainted_Love says:

:waves: Hey Usual and the rest of the fam

________________________

:think:
    Um… this nigga HAD to have had some help…Something we missing here.
    In one day this nigga overpowered 3 full grown adults with two of them being trained fighters and he doesn’t have not one injury?

I think someone else out there..

yallcrazy says:

:pray: for the remaining family members of both the victims as well as this monster.

WUT-IZ-SWAGU says:

CD FENTY says:

JUST WOW!!!!!

———————-
    Oh you best believe they are going to have to ISO his ass. That is a big :nono: among criminals! You don’t mess with kids! And to rape and kill one!! He better hope they put him on a special unit! cuz he gone lose his farting ability real quick!

!*LaKErCHiC@*! says:

:cry: SOMETHING AINT RIGHT HERE THO… BUT A HAMMER.. RAPE :no: FAWK WRONG WITH PEOPLE.. NASTY BASTID.. JUST WOW!

yallcrazy says:

Man, I was thinking along the same lines as your last paragraph.

IF the Dad had a role in this, he definitely got more than he bargained for. Such a shame….

!*LaKErCHiC@*! says:

EVEN IF HE IS PROTECTIVE CUSTODY IM SURE THE GUARDS WONT BE LOOKING ALL THE TIME..

Mr.BluPhi says:

Horrible case…but I need to do some research. Something seems off. But prayers go out to the family.

Gigi26 says:

________________________

:yes: this is what I was thinking! After he attacked the dad (who set the whole thing up) he raped the wife and daughter then killed em.

!*LaKErCHiC@*! says:

:waiting:

@Man

that’s what I said….something is not right with the father/husband…I need to wait until more details come out to have a clear opinion…

free says:

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

Um… this nigga HAD to have had some help…Something we missing here.

I think someone else out there..

*************************************

yeah, this is one of those “need waaayyyyyy more info” type of things. a nine year old is OLD ENOUGH to point the finger at the right person. the dad and this ninja are connected somehow.

Bigbadwolf says:

:think: You might be right, what 9 year old lives with their daddy and don’t know what he looks like. He probably was in shock after seeing that.

!*LaKErCHiC@*! says:

WHY KILL THE DAUGHTER THO.. DIDNT EVEN TOUCH THE BOYS.. :cry: POOR KIDS..

@GIGI
    “Wait, the kid said the Dad did it right? Well I think the Dad set up the woman using ol boy as help. Hence the boy saying Dad did it. But then ol boy saw an “oppurtunity” and turned on the Dad, raped the wife and kid.
    ________________________

And they all trained fighters but some random dude overpowers them, even the husband?! Something is not right with this story..and the fact that the two sons were untouched.”
    _____________________________________

Yeah, how can ONE person “sneak attack” a whole dayum family? He mighta jumped one of ‘em, but the other one would have called the pigs or hit that nigga or something.

AND the only unharmed witnesses that can talk POINT OUT the Dad???? They know who they fluckin Dad is! But naturally the only arrest is a black man. This was a set up gone bad. Watch Dad have an attorney in a week or two…

I never beleive a dayum thing the police say. Never. :nono:

KishaMinyonn says:

We are truly living in the last days.

This story is not adding up. If you hit somebody with a hammer, I’m almost positive they are going to scream. Then you have two trained fighters in the home and they can’t fight off a guy with a hammer. Sounds suspicious to me. Set up gone wrong.

Bigbadwolf says:

Why didn’t the 9 yr old call 911. My 5 year old knows how to do that. He could have been in shock, but you snap out of it the next day, and go to school, and what happened with the 4 year old where was he, when the little dude went to school. Too many questions

Bibi says:

What a serious monday morning…..

:waves: @ Every damn body :tea:

Mr.BluPhi says:

So the nine year old boy got up, ate his pop tart, watched his cartoons, got dressed, and went to school… and he was so shocked he lied and said his dad did it….

Bibi says:

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

I never beleive a dayum thing the police say. Never.

:cosign:

NaijaGal says:

:wtf: DAMN

Ms. Everything says:

My God… these stories, I’m so sick of reading about families and children being destroyed at the hands of lunatics

Something is missing here, I’m thinking drug deal gone wrong with the wrong person. Even trained fighters gets knocked down so the fact that he overpowered 2 fighters means nothing to me. Clearly he’s a sexual predator. I”m betting he ignored the boys cause they didn’t interest him, attacked the father and with him out the way, knocked out the mother and then got the baby girl. The story doesn’t say whether it happened at night, but him only armed with a hammer makes me think he had the element of surprise and took the adults first. And if the parents had a tendency to fight, and the boy was sleep or in that half sleep thing kids do, then it’s very possible that when that boy woke up, he saw what happened and assumed his father did it :shrugs: Idk let me stop trying to make sense of the insensible

lovezoe says:

Something is definitely up. Hope they do lots more investigating.

cheeks8683 says:

Ol’ crusty lipped bastid!!!! What is wrong with folks!

Phrozen1der says:

Ummmm why would that child lie on his dad tho??? :thinking:

gypsyeyes says:

I don’t put anything past anyone. My cousing may she rest in peace died due to blunt force trama with the claw of the hammer with her baby in the house. We don’t know who did it but there was some foul play because she opened the door for them and they didn’t harm the baby. I can’t with this story because it hits too close to home for me.

This is sad and disgusting….I feel sorry for the two young sons who had to witness this crime! I can only imagine how this is going to effect them the rest of their life.

Chgoprime says:

Lies, I watch those crazy yte folks or Tru TV and First 48 and have seen worse. This nut needs to be locked under the jail. How can these kids not call the police? I understand being too afraid to intervene at their age, but this to me looks like a hit, retaliation of some sort……

I doubt if the husband was involved since he is “unconscious with traumatic head injuries. He remains in critical condition in an intensive care unit.” If you are going to be involved and want to set up a crime to occur yeah, you get hurt, but you don’t get hurt enough to end up in ICU with a traumatic head injury!” That doesn’t make any sense…. Clay probably broke into their home in the middle of the night and caught the parents off guard which is why he was able to do so much damage!

Xena68 says:

Your soul is required in hell you sick phuck.

Wow, just wow. RIP to the mom and daughter. I hope the dad pulls through. :sad:

Audacious2 says:

Man, I just don’t care™ says:

Um… this nigga HAD to have had some help…Something we missing here.

I think someone else out there..

——————————SO MANY QUESTIONS
    Exactly, theres something missing from this story, like I’m not understanding why a 9yr-old wouldn’t call the police immediately instead of ……”Police say the two surviving Martinez boys may have remained inside the blood-soaked home for another 24 hours after the attacks on their parents and sister. Police speculate whether the 9-year-old was in shock when he went to school the following morning and told his teachers a bizarre story about his dad killing his mother and sister.”

Who cared for the 4yr-old while he went to school? Why didn’t the 9yr’old run next door for help or call 911 during the attacks. And I wonder if the intruder knocked the dad out first, cause if not the two adults could have overpowered a man with a hammer which now makes you wonder if someone else was involved. This is a very tragic and I feel sad for the little boys.