Fantasia and Joshua Ledet Perform Live On American Idol Finale (Video)

Singers Fantasia Barrino and Joshua Ledet brought the house down with their rousing rendition of “Take Me To The Pilot” during Fox’s ‘American Idol 2012′ results show at Nokia Theatre L.A. on Wednesday in Los Angeles.

Georgia’s own Phillip Phillips was named American Idol winner after a record 132 million votes were cast.

Fantasia, who retained her baby fat after giving birth to her son, wore outfits that accentuated her voluptuous curves. Rather than appreciate the gift of Fantasia and Joshua’s amazing talents, social network users were more concerned with what Fantasia was wearing. Just messy.

Watch the performance after the break!

• Fantasia shows off her post-pregnancy bod
  • Wendy Williams Disses Fantasia Barrino, With Love
  • Fantasia and Antwaun Cook Are Parents of a Boy
  • Fantasia lied to ‘Mahalia’ producers about her pregnancy
  • Photos: Getty Images and Reuters Pictures

49 Responses to “Fantasia and Joshua Ledet Perform Live On American Idol Finale (Video)”

brwnbutafly says:

All that yelling, she has a wonderful gift and I just wish SOMETIMES she would sing “normal” Of course ppl are going to talk about her outfit, look at it. It looks like catwoman’s Christmas outfit. She needs REAL ppl around her…where is her mother?

eMDe says:

:haha:
      …wait, is she a friend of the blog? :tape:

Daisy says:

All season I was hoping and praying Josh n Fannie would sing a duet and I LOVED it! I am def #teamFannie :cheer:

My FAV AIdol performance ever is Fannie singing Summertime which was very controlled :yes:

SN I refuse to talk abt her attire :nono: I will let yall handle that :lol:

NCStandUp!!!!

EB says:

I can’t find the code for the smiley that’s looking straight ahead with both eyes open. He has a shocked look on his face

Ms.kaylamomma says:

@daisy did you see Mrs.Hawthorne comment in the post downstairs? I thought about her the other day and was wondering how she was doing.

On topic: I got nothing :coffee:

Brenden' 2: Electric Boogaloo says:

:blink: there ya go…

Angie says:

I can see where her tracks start, not to point out where the stomach drops :coffee: ima leave it there. Cmon Fannie damn! Don’t let Twan fluck up ya swag!

M3z says:

I’m going to keep silent on this one..the smiley’s can do the talking. I’m proud she still can get a gig and she’s representing my hometown of Charlotte….

Brenden' 2: Electric Boogaloo says:

Im diggin this performance. I love it…I always wonder if certain people can??? Feel these type of performances :think: Like are Jennifer, Tyler, and even Buba Gump really feeling this, or are they just going thru the motions,,,Doesnt matter I guess…I lubs the gospel,,,The guy in this vid reminds me of someone??? Ol skool,,,Flamboyant…Not lil Richard but sumthin along those lines,,,Even Fantasia is giving me certain vibes of someone from the past,,,Maybe its the hair? Never seen her with long hair. I may halfta get used to it,,,Its not the weight. Shes been on an upslide ever since her days on idol. If you watched her life time original movie *giggles* They used the actual audition clip,,,Which was weird since she was 50lbs heavier in every other scene of the film. Tis what it tis,,,Some of us are born to be robust,,,,Shouts out to team chunk YallKray,,,,And Cali,,,And OTB,,,,And Ms oh no no no Im just retaining water YS*

TruGemini says:

What the fukk ever :rolleyes: Tasia look a hot damn mess. Period.
      I don’t dig this, or any of her performances because all she does is scream and holler! As another poster said, she ab-so-lutely needs DIFFERENT people around her. Those same people needed to be the ones to tell her to leave Twan the fukk alone…(seen him the other day looking dusty and broke down as hell).

TAISA DO BETTER CHILE! :nono:

steph L says:

What the Elvira hell is this Tasia? Do better, girl! :coffee:

Cariblife says:

Tasia is about as classy as a picnic in the far corner of a Brooklyn subway stop.

Zoe B. says:

So I’m experiencing insomnia tonight and decide to surf the net. Fantasia…… I mean there are clothes for every body type. Why must you highlight all of the wrong areas *sigh* I’m going to sleep

Cariblife says:

I really do try to like this girl but got dammit she just makes me go there, how the hell you gon go up on national tv wid pants that look like they literally busted at the seams. Damn you just go home and skype in your performance so people don’t have to see nothing but that horrible lace front.

EB says:

I’m just now watching American Idol because I’m on Hawaii time. My husband walked in while Fantasia was performing and asked me if I was watching the BET awards. :rofl:

tintin1979 says:

This performance was horrid. Fantasia should act like a normal singer once in a while

Angie says:

:rofl: @cariblife

LittleBigMouth says:

Well, i’m going to say something about her outfit :shrug: you can be a woman with curves and find outfits that suit you. She’s a performer so she should know that the full package is expected of her and that doesn’t mean she has to be stick thin and she shouldn’t dress as if she is either. She may have performed well and the focus should maybe not be on her outfit but dammit the eyes eat first and that is not a yummy look. What is the point of the large split up the thigh?! Sorry…

Aprilbaby says:

I’m embarrassed for her!

Cocoabana says:

She looks like an obsese mermaid.

Cocoabana says:

She looks like an obsese mermaid.
      ————-
      :rofl: I
      I cant talk about Fanny like that :tape:

YSoSrs says:

Fanny, da fuq? :no:

!*LaKErCHiC@*! says:

WHY THE FAWK SHE AINT GOT NO FRIENDS/FAMILY/ESSMART PEOPLE/ MIRROR/ SENCE WHEN SHE DRESS.. FAWK BISH WEARING??!! WHY IS SHE SHOWING HER DAM COTTAGE CHEESE!! :wail:

Carrington says:

Between the Pocahantas hair, the Wonder Woman belt, and the fact that she’s bustin’ up out them pants like the Incredible Hulk, Fantasia is obviously a walkin’, talkin’ audition for “Avengers 2: Hymn Sangin’ and Whoopin’ a$$!”

Ms. YaYa says:

Carrington says:
      ______________________________________________________________
      I :heart: me some Carrington…

GAGIRL87 says:

Carrington says:

____________________________________________________________________

You stupid for that :no: Fantasia won’t let herself be great daymn shame, her last album was good though…

:dead: She is freaking huge :hurl:

lady_cn says:

Where the fluck are Fanny’s people? You mean to tell me, her mama, teeny, aunt, nobody saw her before she came out the house looking like a drag queen Diana Ross (nothing against drag queens, she just looks like a dude dressed like a lady). :shrugs:

I guess Twan still back with his wife. If he wasn’t before, he is now. :coffee:

Q_ATLANTIS says:

I thought she looked fine AND then I saw these close-up pics … well :tape:

Phrozen1der says:

Oh… :coffee:

deedeegirl says:

OMG WTF is she wearing? I lover Tasias voice but she’s just a hot ass mess, train wreck!

mrsloveleigh says:

Sandra I love Fannie but that black was awful on her. Toooo much body for that. She looks like the old Chaka Kahn right there

mrsloveleigh says:

LaTechGrad02 says:

Oh my…

Still a talented young woman. She just needs a stylist. Still love my Collard Greens and Cornbread Fantasia, that’s all I’ve got.

LadeeA says:

Well you can’t deny she was pregnant :shocked:

Unlike other celebs who will remain nameless who hid themselves, showed no real signs of pregnancy and then popped up with a baby. :coffee:

Morning yall :waves:

Miss our fallen SR soldiers :cry: If yall watching. :hug: to all

INTENSEMOCHA THE ANTAGONIST says:

LUV FANTASIA AS A SINGER AND PERSONALLY-SHE’S THE UNDER DOG THAT I’M ALWAYS PRAYING AND HOPING SHE GETS IT TOGETHER, HER TALENT IS UNDENIABLE

HOWEVER, IT’S VERY SAD TO SEE ANY WOMAN WHOSE VALUE IS TIED DIRECTLY TO HER PERCEIVED ****ABILITY

THIS GIRL’S SELF-ESTEEM IS SO LOW AND IT SHOWS, AFTER GIVING BIRTH TO HER SECOND CHILD, SHE SHOULD BE COMFORTABLE WITH DRESSING A BIT MORE CONSERVATIVE IT’S UNDERSTANDABLE AND WE EXPECT THAT SHE STILL MAY HAVE BABY WEIGHT, SO DRESS ACCORDINGLY

SHAME FANTASIA, SHAME BABY GIRL-STILL PRAYING FOR YOU

YOU ARE WORTHY CAUSE GOD SAYS SO, STOP DRESSING LIKE THISIT DOESN’T COMPLIMENT YOU AT ALL-IT SCREAMS I FEEL INSECURE, I’VE GAINED WEIGHT AND I’M IN DENIAL SO I’M GOING TO SQUEEZE INTO AN OUTFIT TWO SIZES TO SMALL AND PRETEND TO THE WORLD-THAT I STILL GOT IT

SO SAD..

ohpretty1 says:

Shade and a compliment at the same damn time?! :lol: Auntie you’re just as bad as men calling fat girls thick. Curves and fat aren’t the same thing.

yallcrazy says:

:cheer: Team Chunk (only in e-life) @Brendbew :kiss:

LadyT says:

Last night when I heard Tasia was on The Idol I was Soooooo excited because I knew KDub would act a fool today in the post. :cries:

Ididntreallymeanit says:

:shocked:

pointhimout says:

chillllllllle… no ma’am. I CAN’T. u know, what, LETS!!

Fantasia, you continue to kill what’s left of your brand. I NEVER criticize(d) big girls like Jill Scott because her clothes are flattering. But to come on national tv and channel chaka khan is a bit much. Is that pic photoshopped? come on Sandra, you can tell me.

:kona: NO WAY GIRL!!! lol

isabella1881 says:

:shocked:

KDub says:

I am FAR too busy at work to address this shyt here. I didn’t have power last night due to NC springtime storms.

And I aint got power in my SOUL right now to wrap my mind around Fantasia, her uterus that is in her pannies look like, NOR that fuggin Lynda Carter 1979 Wonder Woman PART DOS outfit.

Cause she wore PART UNO to her baby shower al-fuggin-ready.

MSVALLDAY says:

KDub says:

Cause she wore PART UNO to her baby shower al-fuggin-ready.
      ______________________________________________________________________

:hahaha: I can’t today Fannie! I just can’t!