Jessica Simpson criticized for posing her infant daughter in a scanty bikini

Actress/singer Jessica Simpson is being criticized for posing her 4-month-old infant daughter in a scanty bikini.

Simpson, 32, who gave birth to her daughter Maxwell in May, unveiled the Calendar shot of her infant during an interview with Katie Couric Tuesday morning.

The baby bikini shot sparked a wave of outrage from angry parents and children’s groups all over the world.

“It is very disturbing to see a young baby presented to the world wearing a bikini,” said Claude Knights, a British child welfare charity director.

“It is to be hoped that parents will understand that ‘baby bikinis’ are totally inappropriate, and that they contribute to the sexualisation and commercialisation of childhood,” said Knights.

Others took to social networking websites to express their outrage.

“I just saw the most ridiculously posed photo of Jessica Simpson’s baby in a bikini. Just awful. Poor poppet,” wrote one Twitter user.

Weight Watchers recently aired a new commercial featuring a post-pregnant Simpson.

• Celebrity Seed: Solange Knowles and Blue Ivy
  • Jay Z wants Blue Ivy to be ‘respectful’, not tough
  • Celebrity Seed: Jay Z and Beyonce
  • Why won’t Amber Rose admit she’s pregnant? Who does she think she is, Beyonce?

71 Responses to “Jessica Simpson criticized for posing her infant daughter in a scanty bikini”

My daughter has a bikini :shrug:

CFREE says:

too many sensitive susies :rollseye:

Ididntreallymeanit says:

Jessica is slimming down nicely

Smonae80 says:

People find anything 2 complain about.
      Hell that’s when they can wear all those cute little two-pieces, babies & toddler’s

Torae says:

The world would be a better place if people just stop complaining about what everyone else is doing. If she wants to put her daughter in a bikini, then let her. Who are they to complain?

I think it’s the awkwardly posed position that people are complaining about. The infant wouldn’t pose that way on her own. :no:

People get a cotduymn life.

Only thing missing is some hair, she should have put a little wig on that bite size pumpkin.

There is nothing sexual about that picture of that fat ug baby. It’s obvious she can’t pull her little hamhock leg up….

I’m know I’m going to get some angel points taken away, but I’m telling the truth.

The only thing is I how she had a diaper on and didn’t poop on her the hand that was holding her up….

mrsloveleigh says:

People just can’t let people be anymore. Gotta criticize everything. I think the baby, swimsuit, and pic are adorable

:rolleyes:

kdillon says:

Not everyone looks at pictures like these as adorable, there are people who look at pictures like these and are sexually aroused by so. People dont care enough.

yallcrazy says:

ION see nothing wrong :shrug:

Truth be told, if I had a daughter she wouldn’t be in a bikini after she was 1 yr old djm :tea:

BayArea says:

She didn’t make the damn bikini…criticize the corporate company’s that make the bikinis for infants/toddlers…IJS!!

VDot says:

Not everyone looks at pictures like these as adorable, there are people who look at pictures like these and are sexually aroused by so. .

And people who are sexually aroused by babies in bikinis need help. THEY are the gross ones. Not the baby. Next thing you know, babies aren’t going to be allowed to walk around in their diapers. May turn some Pervy McScervy on. :eyeroll:

kdillon says:

Exactly. There is only one reason that attention whore posed her baby that way: to get more attention. I swear celebrities make me sick sometimes. :no:

JandJ2011 says:

We have better things to worry about! Toddlers and Tiaras is way more disturbing. One mother had her daughter be Sandy(Olivia Newton-John) from Grease and even went has far has giving the little girl a ciggarette.

BayArea says:

She didn’t make the damn bikini…

No, but she posed the 4-month-old baby in a suggestive way. It’s not just the bikini, it’s the way she intentionally posed the child.

Do y’all not see the way Jessica posed the infant with her legs ****ed open in a sexually suggestive pose? I know I’m not the only one who sees how inappropriately she posed that baby.

EB says:

Can we discuss Jessica Simpsons weight watchers commercial? Why was it only shot from the neck up?

sassyshe says:

She put out that pic to distract everyone from those doctored weight watchers pics

JandJ2011 says:

I think we are looking too much into the pose. The baby is being supported by someone hands. A baby that size can prop it’s own leg up like that. My baby does that and more.

yallcrazy says:

Auntie, for the sake of arguing with you…..What if the lil fat baby’s leg just did that on it’s own, huh? #wewillneverknow
      ===========
      EB, I thought the same thing! I was thinking show your rolls yo! :lol:

yallcrazy says:

:welcome: Bay & J&J

Ms. Everything says:

It’s a picture :shrugs: I think I’m more outraged about young toddlers in bikini’s at the beach or the pool than I am about this one. People dress babies up in all kinds of crazy stuff when they’re little babies and do stuff that they wouldn’t ordinarily do to older children. I used to brush my sons hair super flat with a part in the middle and laugh at how this one little section would pop up like Alfalfa. And sit their and laugh for an hour at how goofy he looked :lol: Babies are fun like that. Anyway’s maybe she could have picked a better pic to show on television but I think it’s cute and I doubt she had nefarious reasons behind it. People like to get up in arms over what Jessica does but to me she seems like a goofy woman with an odd sense of humor… kinda like me but white, blond, rich and with a nation of people to criticize her

EB says:

@ yallcrazy they paid her all that money to show she lost weight in her face :blink:

EB says:

The baby’s head looks photoshopped

kdillon says:

VDot says:

——————————————————————–

Of course they need help! Why help someone who needs help get off on whatever they getting off on. Jessica is a celeb so her baby will be featured all over the world, which means more access to sick ones. Baby in a diaper is more innocent than a baby in a two piece bikini posing a certain way, thats more of an adult garment. This isnt even a natural pose for a baby, so if its not natural then the intentions were to photograph the baby posing in this manner.

yallcrazy says:

EB says:

But her face is stil big :shrug:
      I thought that they’d show her body when she loses some weight like a before-in between-after. IONO :thinking:

Ms. Everything says:

@Kdillon a perv and a pedo can get off on anything. They don’t need a pic like this as a reason. I see your point but at the same time, why should she or anyone else have to taper what they do to avoid arousing the sick minds of sick people? The pervs of the world are the ones wrong not a mother who shared what she thinks is a cute picture of her child. To me it’s no different than parents who take bathtub pics of their babies for the photo album or that one potty picture that so many of us parents have. Yes in the wrong hands it could be dangerous and fuel for a sick person but we don’t stop capturing what we feel are cute moments just to avoid that either

Ms. Everything says:

@Yall I think she actually looks pretty good for less than a few months after having that big ol baby. I mean, she wasn’t a tiny girl to begin with and she blew up while she was pregnant. She may not ever lose that face fat cause I’m still holding on to some of mine and my baby was born years ago

MsBusinessInAZ says:

People who hate …….in my Chief Keef voice…That’s da sh** I dont like!!….. They mad they can’t rock the bikini or pose….. Get yo Life!!

WUT'S YONI IS DELICIOUS WITH COOL WHIP says:

Gooood evening everybody! (In my Count Dracula voice)

One, One fat baby A-A-A-AAAAAAHHHHHH!(THUNDER AND LIGHTENING)
      Dang I watched too much Sesame Street as a kid…

ANYWHO… I guess I don’t see suggestive cuz I don’t want to see suggestive in a 4 MONTH OLD… now put Tyrese in a diaper and… nevermind…

*logs off… :typing:

kdillon says:

People can capture cute moments without having to post the moment on facebook or any other social site for the public to view. This isnt a cute moment in a natural state, the baby was positioned into this pose which means Jessica was going for a “certain look”. Of coure there are crazy people in the world, but why put your baby who has no say out there to be seen in certain ways. Jessica she knows the industry she is in is mostly ran by pedophiles…

Torae says:

I personally would never and have never dressed my 5 year old in a bikini. I think it’s inappropriate. As far as Jessica Simpson goes, she’s looking for attention but why give it to her? People are outraged about the wrong things these days…

WUT'S YONI IS DELICIOUS WITH COOL WHIP says:

Ms. Everything says:

————————–
      Girl me too and my baby is about what 7,8 yeah 19 year old.. :shrug:

Ms. Everything says:

@Kdillon, true that she’s in the industry but she’s not as in the industry as some of these other celebs, and I agree that the industry is sick but this is a baby and it’s just a picture that I’m willing to bet they thought was adorable and assumed everyone else would see it for exactly what it is.. a cute picture of an adorable baby. Looking at the pic (from my own experience with my babies) they likely didn’t pose that baby’s legs that way. When whoever held her up the legs did just what they’re doing in the pic to help her stabilize herself some what. And it came out looking like she was posing.. which parents think is cute. Because it is. I get your point I really do but at the same time, I highly doubt that when she submitted the picture she was intentionally or even sublimally thinking “some pervy sicko is gonna see this and get off” She submitted thinking everyone is going to think it’s cute like we do :shrugs:

kdillon says:

I agree, I think they thought it was cute.
      I think I just get annoyed when people release or post pictures of their babies in a certain manner.

The statement below is interesting because some parents are like this…. HOney Boo Boo, Toddler show.. some women sell their kids. Even Katie let her baby suck on a candy penis. I dont put anything past anyone and especially celebs.
      “I highly doubt that when she submitted the picture she was intentionally or even sublimally thinking “some pervy sicko is gonna see this and get off”

Ms. Everything says:

But this isn’t a child being paraded around like with the pageants and that Honey Boo Boo child. I hate pageantry for children, I think it’s nothing more than parents wanting attention and willing to pay and do anything to get that attention through their children. They get all holier than thou when confronted and talk about the scholarships, money they win and social benefits without thinking about the fact that if they saved the money they spend on pageants and put it in a college fund, let their kids go to school/daycare then they would have all that already without their children being taught that they can get everything by their looks and putting on a cute flirty act. But that’s something else altogether. And yeah Katie isn’t or wasn’t all there although she did state that she had no idea they were candy penises when the child asked for them. This, to me at least, is different

belindammp says:

If she didn’t, show her baby people would complain about that :gossip:

kdillon says:

I was watching I think Anderson Cooopers show and they had hidden cameras in a room with parent,kid and agent. The agent asked “how would you feel abput your daugther wearing a bikini?”, the mom said yes. The next mom was asked if she would shave her daughters hair off, she said yes…. it was sad and the kids were just sitting their while their parents are making decisions for them. Different situation, but the point to me is parents dont care anymore because attention, money, accolades are more important.

I seen Jessica on the Katie show and she is still big,Im Not criticizing IJS.
      she was in an ALL BLack dress nd you can tell she was spanxed/girdled up she couldnt sit back in the chair correctly.
      :shrug:

anw_rootbeer says:

This is ridic!!!! My daughter a bikini as a baby & still does at 10 years old

Ididntreallymeanit says:

I would never put my child in a bikini I dont think its appropriate. But what I think is inappropriate others may not think so.

WUT'S YONI IS DELICIOUS WITH COOL WHIP says:

anw_rootbeer says:

This is ridic!!!! My daughter a bikini as a baby & still does at 10 years old
      ——————
      :yes:

Ms. Everything says:

I’m not a fan of bikini’s on little girls (I blame my mama :lol: ) but what other people put on their children is not my business or my problem. It’s not gonna hurt the kids as long as they have good home training to go with that bikini :shrugs:

MSVALLDAY says:

18 Sandra Rose says:

________________________________________________________________________

I see it. It’s not the suit per say because they have those for babies, and the babies are cute in them. It is the way she is posed. I agree it’s a bit to much.

Tyler Perry's BRENDEN: Based On The Novel "Push" By Sapphire says:

Usual Prime Suspect says:

WOW :blink: I dont talk about kids nor babies :no: I dont see nuthing wrong with it, but I do understand the pedos could find it arousing,,,However thats not our faults. If sickos are attracted to our babies…I doubt it matters what they are wearing…Thats like saying a woman was raped because she was dressed slutty…

Is anyone watching the Xfactor :rofl:

Msprettypanties says:

Anyone who has taken care of babies for any length of time knows you can’t pose their legs that way.

Rolo says:

Definitely inappropriate in my opinion. When I have kids I will probably make them wait to wear a bikini.

bellashay says:

Well on a positive note, she is a Cutie

Daisy says:

I am not one for bikinis on babies and toddlers but that is my personal preference on what I will do with mine and how my sister and I roll with my niece. I do not judge other parents who feel differently just a matter of preference her baby her choice.

ELove says:

I’ve NEVER Ever in MY ENTIRE LIFE seen an Infant or Toddler in a BIKINI Though… Guess I don’t run in the Right Circles HUH (Ohhh Well Then…) :coffee:

Trendsetter says:

ELove you must live under a rock…

G’Nite Roses. Chat with you guys in the a.m.

Bella's Master - Dont Taze me Bro says:

You Betta Werk Maxwell! **in my rupaul voice**

tis all

free says:

it’s cute! and her legs are not ****ed open SR! when have you seen a baby with their legs pressed together? they don’t sit like that. somebody is holding her up.

anybody who sees tits and crotch on a 4 month old is SICK! it’s clear she’s showing off the little outfit and i like it!

back in the day, little girl babies walked around with no top and just diapers on. it’s our sick azz society that is sexualizing this pic.

free says:

my hubby didn’t want our toddler in a bikini but, for swim class, she had to wear swim diapers AND a plastic cover over them. it was MUCH easier to work with bikini pants instead of a tank. if she had shytted, i would have had to take the entire suit off instead of just the bottoms. on water play day at school, they specifically asked for bikinis just because they’re easier to change in this instance.

this might be one reason you see some younger ones in bikinis. i got her one at walmart and it wasn’t a bra-top, it was more like a tank and bottoms.

Milky says:

Local 4 has learned two men grabbed a boy who was at a Detroit elementary school Wednesday and assaulted him.

The men knocked on the door at Wayne Elementary School and the 13-year-old boy came to answer. The men grabbed the boy and pulled him out of the school on Lakepointe Avenue near Kelly Road and Whittier Street on the city’s east side.

According to the boy, the men, one white and one black, tied up his hands, took him to an abandoned home down the street and assaulted him. It is not clear if he was sexually assaulted. The men apparently had been waiting outside the school. They were driving a green pickup truck.

_____________________________________________________________

It’s a damn shame when our children aren’t even safe in school. These two perverts need to rot in HELL!!

Ms.Fashion says:

Morning All!! :waves:

I’ve seen infants in worse things than that.

For example…..weaves. :coffee:

lovezoe says:

Hubby prefers one-pieces. I explain it’s much easier to pull down wet bottoms than a full wet suit when going potty.

laterthannever says:

Poor women- these concerned citizens want to control our wombs, and dictate propriety on us before we even know the letter P.

Its a baby and its not like they spray tanned her or gave her cleavage and abs. Before the photo shoot she was probably rolling around in just the bottom.

free says:

laterthannever says: They’d hate my son’s preferred in house “super hero” uniform. (Briefs and a cape- only child, smh).

*****************************

reminds me of my lil bro back in the day. refused to wear anything but drawers and a pillowcase around his neck (cape).

Keesh says:

Morning yall….Im with Auntie on this one..Its very weird having that baby in that position in a bikini. I have two daughters and no, no, no to the baby bikinis in my house. Of course you guys dont look at little girls in that way but there are freaks that do and its up to us to teach our daughters how to be ladies and present themselves in public. I understand its your right to wear what you want and when you want…thats not the point. Teach your daughters how to have class. As Rickey Smiley would say “have them hug men from the side, make sure they lock the door when they are taking showers and etc….. My friends always ask why I dont put pics of my kids on my FB page and say “arent you proud of your kids” Yes I am but let me tell you something….I dont want pervs looking at my kids doing who knows what with their pics also if you want to see all my kids pics, they are all at my house on the walls and stands. If we are friends then you will see all of those precious private moments caught on film. If not, girl bye! I mean showing a shot or two here and there but having 20,000 people on your friends list and putting personal pics of your kids on there is weird to me. Celebs are different…lol. They owe some of their life. Hell, we pay for it!

Keesh says:

By the way Jessica is a FAT girl by nature!!

Atypical says:

And people who are sexually aroused by babies in bikinis need help.

#THIS I’m sorry I didn’t look at this picture and see anything sexual about this baby in a bikini…

Lucky704 says:

It’s a freaking baby with challenging motor skills. My goodness, if freaks are looking at the baby in that way then you just might be the problem. Nothing is innocent anymore and people always want something to be negative about. Hell look at the photos of children that need good homes and are waiting to be adopted or have been abused.

missmiami says:

According to a gossip blog before she had baby they announced an unnamed pregnant celeb was having a scheduled csection with tt to prep for a new weight watchers campaign. Man they were dead on about this chick.

tintin1979 says:

she’s a cutie.

ELove says:

@Trendsetter
      YUP (I SURE DO!!!) :thumbsup:

And UNLIKE SO MANY in this Thread… I KNOW Pedophiles and Child (Infant/Toddler…) Predators are EVERYWHERE Throughout Society (YUP…) :coffee:

CandiGyrl81 says:

I dont see anything wrong with it. Jessica is into beauty and glam and she thought it would be cute to pose her baby and a cute baby bikink. She isnt exploiting her. I put my baby in a swimsuit and took pics of her posed and thought it was too cute and I shared them with others.The wolrd needs to get a grip, everything isnt harmful. I’m sure as a mother Jessica does not feel guilty about that picture.
      Reality TV has people thinking their nonsense really matters! Jessica, its a cute pic!!!! <3