Did Beyonce break the law by showing her ballot?

Beyonce shows her ballot

Everyone knows that Beyonce is a passionate Barack Obama supporter. But did she break the law by posting an image of her ballot online? According to The Jasmine Brand blog, Beyonce did break the law. But will she be arrested and charged?

It’s election day and tons of US citizens and Americans are tweeting their political excitement. Thanks to social media and the world wide web, folk are tweeting and posting pix of themselves voting for their respective candidates. Tuesday morning, Beyonce shared a photo of her ballot. And while I’m sure it was harmless, when we shared the photo via Twitter, a ton of ppl alerted us that it’s actually illegal. We did a bit of digging and research to see how much truth it is to showing your electoral ballot. Here’s a snapshot of New York state’s law:

Beyonce showing her ballotMore from Sandrarose.com:

• Beyonce wants you to know
  • Beyonce and Jay Z are just like you
  • Barack, Michelle Obama Talked Divorce
  • Blue Ivy has her mother Solange’s hairline

82 Responses to “Did Beyonce break the law by showing her ballot?”

Ty says:

No Auntie she covered who she was voting for :nono: I cant even go in on her today :obama:

2cents says:

Now had this child be an actual voter instead a wagon jumper she would have known this. I don’t want to be a hater but I seriously wonder, where these same folks taking pics of their ballots and reciepts voting before 08 and will they vote in 2016???/

javierabrown says:

I’ve looked at the picture a few times. It actually looks like a Texas ballot so I am assuming she voted absentee. If that’s the case, she didn’t break the law. Texas law prohibits photography in the polling place but it says nothing about photos of absentee ballots.

Mr.BluPhi says:

She’s covering up the contents…. and some stuff is even blurred …

Ms. Everything says:

Poor child has more weave than brains :no:

but no, it’s not illegal everywhere, it’s just really really stupid everywhere

She’s not the only one that’s done it.

cougar lover says:

i think she is just overly excited to vote. kinda like a woman that finally has a date with a dude she been wanting for a long time. that sheer joy makes her monetarily dismiss her sound judgement, thus making her entertain the idea of sending him flowers, opening his door, pulling out his chair at the table, paying for the meal, and whatnot.

Is that wig/weave breaking the law?
      :think:

GAGIRL87 says:

Okay first off it took me 5 minutes to log on wtf is going on Sandra? fix this chit pls

Anyway Team Bey & Team Obama :cheer:

U Just want her to go to jail Sandra :-P

This isn’t news….

Mr.BluPhi says:

She didn’t break any law…. and its nice to see celebs posting stuff like this instead of partying, drinking, and smoking….

#4MoreYears

Flawless says:

people been posting their ballots on fb all day .. ignorant folks

GAGIRL87 says:

@ Bird I’ve seen a few friends on fb post a pic of their ballot as well

kingstonn says:

screw this post…
      is that BLU?! *swoons*

mrsloveleigh says:

Go Bey Go Obama

Ms. Everything says:

There are better ways to prove you voted than to take pictures of your ballot… besides the fact that you’re holding up the process trying to be cute but will be in line complaining about how long you’re waiting. And everybody doesn’t need to know where you stand by looking at your actual ballot. I swear black folks do the most

Mr.BluPhi says:

@Kingston … where you been?? You still in Houston?

GAGIRL87 says:

Anything Beyonce does makes the news people really need to leave her alone. How can you REALLY just straight up dislike someone you’ve never met it puzzles me :blink:

Chit is cray :shrugs:

Anyway I’m listening to Anita Baker’s “Lately” love this chick true talent rite dere :bowdown:

mia2bmore says:

People have been posting ballots on fb since the beginning of early voting and its not just black folks or celebrities that are doing it. Compared to others I’ve seen this is nothing. Some people clearly showed who they voted for no blurs or anything.

Bootcampgirl says:

Oh, before I forget, I got asked the question again last night and just busted out laughing
      Me: :rofl:
      Him: :huh: what you laughing at?
      Me: Nothing :whistle:

On topic: Bey can’t never do right in somes eyes’..

kingstonn says:

like i alluded to yesterday, Beyonce could post pics of her with a bible and people will have something to say. :rolleyes:

@ Blu
      yup. till may tho. after i graduate, I’m moving far farrrrr away from here. :yahoo:

Miss Bee says:

Sandra we need a Rihanna emoticon and a Beyonce emoticon.

eastpointvet says:

The Carter’s don’t break laws.

Anna says:

cougar lover says:

~~~~~~~~~

Diva says:

Well Bey is not the sharpest knife in the drawer, no?

San says:

This website out of control on election day huh. Anywho could care less about this. I took a pic of my absentee envelope but decided not to post just in case of foolishness like this

San says:

Right, makes no sense

Ms. Everything says:

Umm.. It’s not just that Bey can’t do nothing right, it’s just that she’s the most famous person so far of the day to do something that people are already going in about. My fb/twitter timelines and my phone have been going off all day about people posting pics of their ballots :shrugs:

DeevaC says:

These muthafuggas gonna make me curse someone out…I had to hang up on two people one was a black woman both were rude as hell. The guy asked me I if I was a US citizen. Even though I explained to him I was registered to vote years ago in az. I said “yes I’m a citizens I was born in Texas.” this muthafuggas told me I could fly to Texas to vote then. Da ****?! He told me if I did file a provisional it won’t count anyway…I’m calling the NAACP hotline @caramel gave me after class this is some bull****

Diva says:

:wave:

Gagirl :happy:

MissB

@ San hey hun and it really doesn’t make any sense just DUMB :shrugs:

Ty says:

Well the sites starting to crash somebody hand Auntie the Rush card going to eat :peace:

Ty says:

Well the site starting to crash somebody hand Auntie the Rush card going to eat :peace:

GAGIRL87 says:

Hey Diva :hug: how’s that g baby?

Say what DeevaC chit got me HOT for you bew :mad:

DeevaC says:

I even told this guy I was registered in two states and I have a dl. He said in Cali they give illegals dl’s so I need in az one, but the letter I got said I could use an out of state license…I’m HOT!

YSoSrs says:

Just take a picture of your “I voted” sticker and keep it moving. :shrugs:

Milky says:

:hi:
      ysosrs
      @sandra pls fix this shait. I cant take it anymore. It’s takin me 2 min to refresh. And these gawdawful pants wont go away. Stabs self in the eyes!!

Lady_L says:

Mr.BluPhi says:

#4MoreYears

——————————–
      AMEN @BluPhi, I get sick of looking at that Sh-t!!

Diva says:

GAGIRL87 says:

Hey Diva how’s that g baby?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Him good ma. How u doing today lovely?

Ms. Everything says:

Yso that’s what I did :shrugs:

:obama:

But why even show your damn ballot , I swear folks are damn idiots :rolleyes: :no:

GAGIRL87 says:

@ Diva I’m good but anxiously anticipating the results from the election this is me on the inside >>>> :woohoo: lol How bout you?

Diva says:

Milky says:

ysosrs

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Auntie fix you site!!!!! Those pants making me wanna poke my eyes out too! Milky and Diva both wif one eye won’t be pretty!

Miss Bee says:

Sandra we need a Rihanna emoticon and a Beyonce emoticon.
      ________________________

Here you go >>>>> Be :yawn: ce and Rhianna >>>> :lol: :D

Diva says:

GAGIRL87 says:

@ Diva I’m good but anxiously anticipating the results from the election this is me on the inside >>>> lol How bout you?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Same here….can’t wait for the final results! :obama:

Miss Bee says:

:waves: Hey Diva Boo

GAGIRL87 says:

At least we know she voted for Obama some of these celebs say they #teamobama but when it’s time to VOTE they CHECK Romney humph :coffee:

And and the end of the day she’s NOT hurting you so why you mad????

#I’MDONE
      #CHITISPETTY

Miss Bee says:

jeniefrumdabloc says:

Ooops Rhianna >>>> :lolsign:
      __________________________________________________________________________

:lol: you so wrong

3halos says:

Sandra, please call the hosting folks… In general, the site has been loading extremely slow for the past week.

WorkInProgress says:

Bey just proud to be voting for her “true love” Barack Obama. Leave her be she’s in :love: and we know ppl do stupid things when they on that Dopamine.

KayCeiSoul says:

“Take the key and lock her up, lock her up, lock her up, take the key and lock her up, my fair lady…” :whistle: :dance:

It ain’t that serious Auntie.
      Her voting was probably done early. :coffee:

Diva says:

this muthafuggas told me I could fly to Texas to vote then. Da ****?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^smh that they actually said this.

DeevaC says:

in other news that bus driver was fired for the upper cut he handed out. serves him right.

NaijaGal says:

I keep reading about 2016….ummmm yall do know there’s another election in 2014 right!?!

Milky says:

_____________________________________
      yeah that would not be a good look! :blink:

Diva says:

@Miss Bee :shakebutt:

@Jenie, hey lady!

DeevaC says:

______________________________________________________________________

He punched her pretty hard!!!!

Am I wrong for laughing when he kept saying “Your Going To Jail Now” :ashamed:

Diva says:

DeevaC says:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      You going to jail today! :rofl: well you ain’t suppose to hit a lady soooooooo I guess we knew he was going to lose his job!

KayCeiSoul says:

NaijaGal says:

************************

A presidential vote of this magnitude that will effect who our POTUS is?

DeevaC says:

@GAGIRL87 lol i laugh at that part too!

@diva i hope he had another job lined up, ol’ stupid fool.

the transit department also filed charges against her, but they said there was no evidence to prove it was self-defense.

Carrington says:

If that had been Stacy Dash people would have been WELCOMING an arrest warrant.

Just like Diamond aka The Broad in the cheap white ensembles posed nude for Obama and got retweeted with love. Dash posed for Romney and will never work in black film again.

Just goes to show you, WE can vote for the black man & it’s all love and “pride”… They vote for the white man, it’s RACISM.

GAGIRL87 says:

@ Carrington NOT true if that was Stacey I would still say it’s not that deep :no:

Bootcampgirl says:

A Chinese man sued his now ex-wife over the couple’s ugly daughter. He was unaware his wife had plastic surgery before they met, making her better looking than her gene pool. The court ruled in his favor, saying her wife married him under false pretenses and ordered her to pay him $120,000 in damages.
      Y’all heard about this…what kind of justice system is this..

NaijaGal says:

KayCeiSoul says:

NaijaGal says:

************************

A presidential vote of this magnitude that will effect who our POTUS is?
      =======================
      an election that dictates which laws are passed as it’s pertaining to the Congress and Senate (who have the ultimate power for the most part)

KayCeiSoul says:

Auntie – this Vanity Fair ad that is running with this bone in a bathing suit sashaying across the ad is NOT safe for work! :mad:

KayCeiSoul says:

*******************************************

I heard about this…laughed my azz off.
      I wonder what made her think the baby wouldn’t get her “genetic” looks?

YkellzY says:

Move along people…there is not anything to see here. Beyonce is registered in Texas not New York where this law applies…zoom on the picture for reference….Please allow Bey to be GREAT! LOL

San says:

Hey :waves: GAGIRL I’m with you all day.

Don tmess with Texas. :tea:

DeevaC says:

Diva says:

this muthafuggas told me I could fly to Texas to vote then. Da ****?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^smh that they actually said this.

______________________________________________________

he sure did! i told him, i was BORN in texas not registered there. the damn nerve, so rude.

there are 1,000s of others that will need to be prosecuted as well

MsOnederful says:

Oh Sandra…..

MsOnederful says:

She did not break any laws!

MUNCHOSGIRL says:

UH SANDRA, BEYONCE IS STILL REGISTERED IN THE STATE OF TEXAS, HARRIS COUNTY…LOOK AT THE PHOTO IT’S IN BLACK AND WHITE, WELL BLUE AND WHITE REALLY….SO FUNNY!

DoNotDeleteMe says:

Ignorant and uneducated!

DeevaC says:

I’m fed up the our vote hotline didn’t help me..,no1 can they don’t think I’m a damn citizen. I HATE this state.

WorkInProgress says:

A poster from Huffinton Post wrote this:
      It was a tough decision but I voted for Romney but only because my husband works in defense. Had I voted for Obama that would be one more nail in the coffin for the industry. I feel guilty because women’s rights will likely be seriously violated if Romney wins and that is a tough pill to swallow. And I was once a fundraiser for a leading pro choice group. Not a lie. It’s like a walk of shame.

But when you have children to raise in an expensive blue state, and a mortgage to pay (for a small house I might add – we are not rich), you have to be practical.