Cops: Text messages lured man to his death in NYC

Brandon Woodard

Police say someone sent a text message to Brandon Lincoln Woodard, 31, luring him out of the safety of his swanky midtown hotel — and into the path of a killer.

Surveillance video shows the killer emerging from the passenger side of a silver Lincoln MKZ sedan parked on West 58th Street. But he was about 20 minutes early.

Woodard, of Los Angeles, checked out of the swanky 6 Columbus Hotel in midtown and walked east — right past the man who was waiting to kill him. Police theorize that the assassin allowed Woodard to pass because foot traffic was heavy at the time.

Brandon Woodard crime scene

Had Woodard kept walking he might have lived. But he reversed his direction and headed back west in the direction of the gunman. Police believe Woodard received a text message from the gunman’s getaway driver, who pointed him out to the gunman.

As Woodard walked by, distracted by his iPhone, the gunman crept up behind him and fired a single shot into the back of his head.

“Right as he points the gun at [Wooddard’s] head, he turns away as if he’s anticipating blood spatter,” a source told the NY Post.

Cops are investigating a link to a NY area party planner who was involved in the unsolved murders of 3 men outside of a party in Queens last November. Investigators counted 63 shell casings left behind at the scene of the murders. One of Woodard’s phones traced back to the party planner.

Cops took a 40-year-old man into custody outside his Rosedale, Queens, home yesterday. Earlier in the day, police located the getaway vehicle abandoned in Queens. They were able to find the car so quickly due to new technology in use in post-9/11 New York — mobile license-plate readers that move silently around the city.

Sources tell the NY Daily News that the Queens man is the boyfriend of a woman who rented the getaway car.

Police believe the man knew the getaway driver. But after 4 hours of grilling the man was released. “The cops apologized to him. My son is home. He didn’t do anything. He is innocent,” the man’s mother told the NY Post last night.

Brandon Woodard and daughter

The woman who rented the getaway vehicle was also questioned and released. She told police she loaned the car to a friend, who handed the car keys to someone else.

Sources believe that the killers had the woman rent the getaway car for them.

Cops are investigating Woodard’s ties to the music industry. He once claimed he was roughed up by bodyguards working for R&B singer Usher. Woodard leaves behind a 4-year-old daughter.

• The moment a man was shot in broad daylight on a NY street
  • Boxing Legend Héctor “Macho” Camacho Shot in Puerto Rico
  • Jovan Belcher 911 Call Released
  • Man charged with beating 2-year-old stepson to death

• Betamax82

Oh that scene :no: just sad all around

• Donna del Gatto

whew, looking at that murder scene sent chills thru me… :no:

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gAkUh5pyfI Bedazzled His Razzle

:no: so sad

• Gigi26

Gatdayum!

Rosedale, Queens you say?! Shyt that’s where I grew up! :no:

But on some real shyt, that life you live will eventually come back to claim your life.

He was a target plain and simple. All of em, women included were in on it.

• Victoria

So this photo is cool but the subway one was horrific. I think they’re both similarly gruesome.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPgpRw9tiuM bnatural

Horrible…. :sad: just horrible….ughhhhhhh…I hope they find the people responsible for this

• NaijaGal

this article was all over the place Sandra especially the random ish about Usher…but if memory serves me correct you listed the deceased was convicted of drug possessions and someone in the comments stated he was involved in some kind of fraud

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIBVMdplt94&feature=related <–Doesn't Talk To Strangers

Ummmmm mgmt, I did not need to see that photo! :cuss:
      =====
      This is so sad. But if you out here getting it, you better watch your back :shrug: That type of shatt ain’t changed.

• http://SandraRose.com Keesh

Wooowwwww :tea:

• missmiami

:cry: sad and :scared: it’s real on these streets

• WorkInProgress

Damn shame. From the pic he resembles Reggie Miller a lil bit. I feel for his baby girl

• Gigi26

All that blood! Jeez louise :no:

@Victoria: I think its slightly different because there isn’t a human laying there with his head leaking. The one in the subway..that man was about to face his death. Instead of helping dude, ole boy took pics. I think that is where the difference lies.

• Nakeya_j

Why do they keep showing the picture of the blood and brain matter….ugh…I hope they catch who did this.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPgpRw9tiuM bnatural

Victoria says:

———————

Crime scene photos are released all of the time….if this photo would have contained the victim in it AND had been place on the front page of the NY times, then I would argue against it…

• FuturedocDonte

That air view of that blood spatter :no:

I’mma wait with all of my comments, until the whole story comes out.

All I’ll say right now is Ain’t no honor amongst thieves :tea:

• Oprahs Bunion

This is sad…my friend went to school with him and everyone said he was a great guy. You just never know what people may be into. Clearly this was a hit.

• Gigi26

it’s real on these streets

:yes: This shyt happens all the time. He just happened to make the news. There are thousands more who don’t.

• goat76

So when does this video suppose to drop?

Saw the pic of the dude that was pushed off the subway platform. Poor guy.

• missmiami

All that blood spatter makes me think of Dexter :biggrin: i cannot wait to see him get off and hope he kills Laguarda old skeeming arse

• INTENSEMOCHA THE ANTAGONIST

I GUARANTEE ONE IF NOT BOTH OF THESE PEOPLE COME UP MISSING, THIS STORY MAY APPEAR TO BE ALL OVER THE PLACE, BUT AT LEAST IT’S LETTING THE KILLERS KNOW YOU HAVEN’T GOT AWAY WITH MURDERING THIS MAN, THE COPS ARE ON TO THEIR ARSES!! THE CAR & THE PERSON WHO RENTED IT HAVE ALREADY BEEN UNCOVERED, SOMEBODY’S ARSE IS GOING DOWN AND SOON-WAIT AND SEE :coffee:

AND OLE GIRL WAS A FOOL TO RENT A CAR AND PASS IT OFF TO A FRIEND WHO THEN ALLEGEDLY PASSED IT OFF TO ANOTHER FRIEND BULLSHIAT, TOO MUCH LIABILITY INVOLVED IN THAT ISH, SHE KNOWS EXACTLY WHO DID WHAT

• luVn_liFe…

Chilling aauughhh *shivers*

• Bigbadwolf

So sad. :cry: RIP He didn’t even feel his presence. I can always tell when someone is behind me or getting ready to come into a room or something. It doesn’t matter what I’m doing.

• Oprahs Bunion

I don’t think it’s gross either…This is pretty tame, but then again I was a kid who used to watch faces of death!

• Breezy

That crime scene is telling!! That was so heartless..

• goat76

And when I say I saw the subway pic, I’m talking about him stuck in between the train and platform.

• Betamax82

I need a fun lighthearted post Sandra

• goat76

Grew up watching Faces of Death too.

• Donna del Gatto

The cops are on to too many folks involved in this…someone’s going to eventually crack…they always do… :coffee:

• Gigi26

@INTENSE: :cosign: I said it, ALL OF EM are involved. Why would you pass off a car YOU rented to someone else?! Shyt if ole boy who drove the shyt got into an accident he wouldn’t be responsible for damages!!

I guarantee dude they picked up either knows who did it or was the killer himself.

And his mother needs to shut up.

• NaijaGal

if someone wants you dead, they’ll make it happen

• Gigi26

Dude must’ve shorted party promoter on some money…that’s why they killed his ass…that scene can be straight cold hearted in the city…

• http://SandraRose.com Keesh

Is it that easy to just say she rented the car, gave the keys to someone who gave the keys to someone else. Nawwwwwww

• missmiami

My mouf is tart. These fools wont let us drink anymore unless we use a $20plus spring lid loaded cup. Talkin bout protecting new equipment. Of course i am fighting the power :mad: solo :nino:

• Donna del Gatto

Oprahs Bunion says:

I only HEARD about what was on those videos…I could never bring myself to watch them, many of them just seemed so DEMONIC!

• VDot

That crime scene :no:

Speaking of crime scenes, I just found out Law & Order SVU is on Netflix. I watch that chit every night in the bed. In my Pretty Woman voice “BIG MISTAKE!” because my dreams have been off the hook! But I can’t stop, wont stop Rocafella Records

• INTENSEMOCHA THE ANTAGONIST

EXACTLY, MAMA NEEDS TO SHUT THE HELL UP-TALKING BOUT HER BABY INNOCENT, NAW THAT NICCAS HANDS DIRTY TOO DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY

MURDER IS MURDER DESPITE IF SOMEONES BELIEVES HE DESERVED IT OR NOT, UNFORTUNATELY YOU ARE NOT GOD NOR DO YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO TAKE THE LAW INTO YOUR OWN HANDS-YOU DID THE CRIME, ACCEPT THE PUNISHMENT AND TIME

• Trendsetter

Bigbadwolf says:

So sad. RIP He didn’t even feel his presence. I can always tell when someone is behind me or getting ready to come into a room or something. It doesn’t matter what I’m doing

He was occupied with that damn phone

• Oprahs Bunion

goat76 says:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Where was that photo??

• http://twitter.com/#!/Birdshu Bird

Gigi26 says:

He was a target plain and simple. All of em, women included were in on it.
      *****************************

I agree. And they were very efficient apparently since there have been no arrests. Only suspicion. Without evidence this case is not going anywhere.

• Gigi26

And what you 40 years old living with ya mama for?! :blink:

That nigga did it. :lol:

• INTENSEMOCHA THE ANTAGONIST

MAN ALL THE SHIAT THEY PUT YOU THRU TO RENT A CAR AND ANY ADULT WITH COMMEN SENSE KNOWS THE LIABILITY THAT GOES ALONG WITH RENTING A CAR

YOU WOULD BE A DAMN FOOL OR NAIVE TO SIMPLY HAND OVER THE KEYS, AND NOT HAVE ANY EXCHANGE OR EXPECTATION ABOUT WHO CAN DRIVE :coffee:

WHERE THE HAIL THEY DO THAT AT :shrugs:

• http://pearlswindow.com Carrington

What the f&@k is up with this story?!?

There is SO much going on here that has yet to see the light of day. This story will go deep.

Offer $100K reward… As broke as mfs are, SOMEONE will roll over on a friend.

• Gigi26

:preach:

• Donna del Gatto

A few years back my silly ass cousin did this with a male friend of hers…that fool did NOT return and the car was missing for like 3-4 days…ain’t no telling WHAT he did in that car. And when they found it, it was in some empty lot. Enterprise was ready to sue her big time!

• goat76

Oprahs Bunion says:

goat76 says:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Where was that photo??
      ———————————————
      Going to look for it. BRB

• Oprahs Bunion

Donna del Gatto says:

Oprahs Bunion says:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was always fascinated with death. Thought about being a photographer for the crime lab or even cleaning up crime scenes, so this photo isn’t shocking or disturbing to me.

• iyonah

@NaijaGal – they showed the clip from when he described getting beatdown by Ursh bodyguards, this story has lots of twist and turns, just like life. The part that sticks out to me, is the murderer did it in broad day light, definitely sending a message.

• Bigbadwolf

If there was so much foot traffic, why were there no witnesses? These people here, call the police if you smoking wit your kids in car.

• CurlyGirl

Oprahs Bunion says:

Donna del Gatto says:

Oprahs Bunion says:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

——————————
      As kids my sister and I watched all of the Faces of Death movies and Traces of Death(which showed the aftermath) It makes you want to :hurl: but you just cant look away :blink:

• INTENSEMOCHA THE ANTAGONIST

THERE WERE WITNESSES, TRUST AND BELIEVE THAT!! NOW IF THEY ARE COMING FORWARD IS A WHOLE NOTHER STORY :coffee:

• Gigi26

Maaan Forensic files on that ass….

When someone shoots you execution style in broad daylight they letting niggas know that the person who ordered the hit ain’t to be fukked with. Plain and simple.

For all we know the person who killed him could’ve been the resaon why he traveled.

• iyonah

Maaan Forensic files on that ass….

^^^
      Exactly!!

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

@ NaijaGal: Does any of that matter now that the man is dead? :shrug:

• Bigbadwolf

___________________________
      True :yes:

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

@ INTENSEMOCHA: I agree with everything you wrote. How can people be that stupid in this day and age? There are cameras everywhere in NYC, not to mention license plate readers all over the city. Every red light you stop at captures your image behind the wheel and your license plate. Big Brother is forever watching you. :no:

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

@ Bigbadwolf: They say he glanced over his shoulder at the man, but didn’t recognize him.

• iyonah

I’m curious … Would any of yall come forth with something like that happening feet away from you?? Be honest.

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

Betamax82 says:

I need a fun lighthearted post Sandra

The :newpost: is up. :thumbsup:

• NaijaGal

@ NaijaGal: Does any of that matter now that the man is dead?
      ========================
      ummmm yeah, because that’s the path to finding his killers

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

@ VDot: I haven’t had a TV in my bedroom since my college days. TVs don’t belong in bedrooms. :no: That’s where you sleep and procreate.

• Oprahs Bunion

iyonah says:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      I would. It’s the right thing to do.

• iyonah

I always say the same thing about bedrooms.

• NaijaGal

iyonah says:

=====================
      can’t call it…you never know what you’ll do until the situation presents itself…sometimes you feel supermanish, other times you slink back

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

Did you notice that the police didn’t bust their azzes to find the killers of those 3 men? Why? Because the shooting happened in Queens or Brooklyn. They don’t care if you shoot up the hood, but don’t bring that mess to Manhattan. :no:

• missmiami

Ur right auntie

• Gigi26

Ummm Sandra,

He got shot on the West side of Manhattan. :lol:

• iyonah

@Sandra — Are you talking about the shop owners? They didn’t try hard in the public eye, but they were working on it. Being in New York sometimes you don’t even feel like its as dangerous as it is, but psychopaths and serial killers seem to gravitate there.

• 3halos

Is anyone else confused by this whole article/situation? I couldn’t follow honestly.I was left so baffled…

• http://twitter.com/eastpointvet eastpointvet

thats crazy

• http://twitter.com/jetsetdeeva DeevaC

former actress tonya pinkins from I think all my children said she had been “waiting for something like this to happen” because of the family’s “crimes”. She should be questioned by the police because her statement seems suspect.

• Audacious2

If the cops just go ahead and arrest this woman and friend who rented the car, they will immediately give the killer. The two of them will sing like a bird.