Michelle Obama Hadiya Pendleton

An unnamed White House source confirms that First Lady Michelle Obama will attend the funeral of Hadiya Pendleton in place of her husband, the Chicago Tribune reports.

Mrs. Obama will attend Saturday’s funeral in Chicago for the 15-year-old shooting victim, who was slain by an unknown gunman a few days after she danced for Obama during his 2nd Inauguration in January.

Pendleton was shot once in the back as she huddled with a group of friends in a park to wait out the rain. The King College Prep honor student was slain about two blocks from the Obamas’ Chicago residence in upscale Kenwood.

The Obamas’ daughters, Malia and Sasha, are not expected to attend the funeral with their mother, according to the Tribune.

An unnamed White House official told the Tribune that senior adviser Valerie Jarrett and Secretary of Education Arne Duncan will also attend the funeral. Both are native Chicagoans.

The president reached out to the family last week to offer his condolences, according to the Tribune, citing people close to the family.

“It’s a nice gesture and we appreciate it,” said Hadiya’s cousin, Shatira Wilks, who acts as the family spokesperson.

We would love to hear why Mr. Obama can’t make it to Hadiya’s funeral. But that information is probably classified.

• Michelle Obama wears a man’s tie on Inauguration day
  • The White House Removes Anti-Beyonce Petition
  • Beyonce writes open letter to Michelle Obama
  • The White House Removes Anti-Beyonce Petition

• http://www.twitter.com/kabyeyou KABYEYOU

Thats dope

• Betamax82

Well that’s nice of her to do so

• https://twitter.com/I_Am_Durty iAmChan

Just when you though Sandra was not gonna post this…..

Good look by our First Lady. I am so infatuated with this woman. Jesus weesus.

• Starr

It was nice but I didn’t think they should have to

• Smonae80

My President is busy working
      kudos to Michelle

• Deeeeliteful1

“We would love to hear why Mr. Obama can’t make it to Hadiya’s funeral.”
      ___________________________________
      Perhaps his attending would draw too much attention away from the service. While FLOTUS also requires security, building sweeps, etc. – having POTUS there would require a whole other level of security presence.

• LadieLeo

:love: the FLOTUS

• LadieLeo

*******************
      Who is we :shrugs: cause I sure don’t need him to answer to me about this.

• INTENSEMOCHA THE ANTAGONIST

SUCH A BEAUTIFUL YOUNG LADY MAY SHE REST IN PEACE, I’M NOT SUPRISED TO SEE THAT THE FIRST LADY WILL ATTEND, PRAYING FOR THE FAMILY

• http://gravatar.com/caramelcutie Caramel Cutie

I want a big ol hamburger.. Im thinkin 5 guys?? :thinking:

I love Chelly-O. She has so much class and poise!!

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

Smonae80 says:

My President is busy working

You mean Skeet shooting? It’s shameful that Obama can’t show his face unless it involves other races or the gays. :no:

• Nakeya_j

Ok see you guys tomorrow!!! Be safe!!

• Ty

“We would love to hear why Mr. Obama can’t make it to Hadiya’s funeral.”
      _________
      He does have a country to run but he cant win for losing. If he would’ve showed up, folks would’ve complained about how much money was spent on security blah, blah, blah.

I expected one of them to show up. Like I said last week, it hit home because they have girls and its their neighborhood :coffee:

• http://www.twitter.com/kabyeyou KABYEYOU

and my gravi is gone!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

*******************

LadieLeo says:

Who is we :shrugs: cause I sure don’t need him to answer to me about this.

Of course not. And why would you even ask? :coffee:

• LadieLeo

Yall have a great weekend and be safe!

• KyCakes

Caramel Cutie says:

I want a big ol hamburger.. Im thinkin 5 guys??
      ——————————————————————-
      Oh sweet baby jesus, yes….I :love: me some Five Guys….

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHOU06sZ2_c 69

Smonae80 says:

My President is busy working

Lies. :rolleyes:

• Who Dat

I seen your real gravi up @Kab…in a green plaid shirt…and…

Are ya single? You like donuts? Where you live?

Just asking… :coffee:

• Diva

@Kabe :stop: :ghost: :cuss:

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

Deeeeliteful1 says:

Perhaps his attending would draw too much attention away from the service.

Why would his attendance draw attention away from the service when he is right there AT the service? :shrug: If anything, Hadiya’s name will be on the lips of every reporter in Chicago. These excuses make no sense. :no:

• http://gravatar.com/caramelcutie Caramel Cutie

About the post below. I’ve never really understand how ppl think it’s cool to make fun of someone’s personal appearance. I mean, it’s not like they can do anything about it? Someone’s God given looks are a joke? Just like I dont understand why ppl make fun of dark skinned ppl? Like, they can’t do nothing about it. I think it’s wrong. I think it’s always ugly ppl that call other ugly..But hey, what do I know?
      :shrug:

• Diva

:wave: Hey Sandra Rose

• Who Dat

Yeah Sandranetta. You was wrong hun. Its okay. I already said I read this an apologized for earlier comments that President Obama aint care. I was having a bad day that day. I think that was the first day I realized my check had been shorted due to the new tax and I took it out on the POTUS :rofl:

• Gigi26

I saw this girl in the parade, crazy :no:

Anywhoo it is a nice gesture cuz it hits close to where their home is in Chicago…

And it would make more sense that Big Meech would go cuz she is after all, FROM CHICAGO.

I tell my brothers all the time watch who you make friends with, just cuz you’re not in some shyt doesn’t mean you won’t get hurt on account of what your friends are into :no: Such a shame a life ended too short RIP young beauty.

• Diva

*drags Kenya to the :kona: *

• http://gravatar.com/caramelcutie Caramel Cutie

KyCakes says:

Caramel Cutie says:

I want a big ol hamburger.. Im thinkin 5 guys??
      ——————————————————————-
      Oh sweet baby jesus, yes….I me some Five Guys….
      *******

yess lawd! That’s what I’m getting. dnt care for the fries or those peanuts tho.. *yummy*

• FuturedocDonte

:rolleyes:

• http://gravatar.com/caramelcutie Caramel Cutie

:kona: bye

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

Have a good evening at everyone who’s leaving. :bye:

• Betamax82

KABYEYOU :wtf: is that in yo gravi :rofl:

• Ty

:rofl: Sandra breaking up the party

• https://twitter.com/I_Am_Durty iAmChan

It’s been fun family. I’m about to crank this Xbox 360 up and shoot people in Call of Duty.

@ Caramel ByeBoo

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

Yeah Sandranetta. You was wrong hun.

How was I wrong? Everyone knew Mrs. Obama was going to attend the funeral. She has 2 daughters and she has a caring heart. But that husband of hers only thinks about makin moves for political gain. :no:

• Deeeeliteful1

_________________________________
      Auntie, Imma give you a :hug:
      At the end of the day (and the beginning of the next), it is important that we remember what happened to this child and focus on the issues that result in situations like this.

• FuturedocDonte

Perhaps his attending would draw too much attention away from the service.

Why would his attendance draw attention away from the service when he is right there AT the service? If anything, Hadiya’s name will be on the lips of every reporter in Chicago. These excuses make no sense.
      ——-
      Auntie sandra.. Why do we set the expectations so high for Mr Potus. We expect him to 1.) fix the economy 2.) end two wars 3.) create jobs and 4.) go to funerals for people he doesn’t even know. George Bush started both wars and I don’t recall him going to ner one of the soldiers funeral who died in combat :coffee: hell he didn’t even want to walk on the ground in NOLA after Katrina. :obama: is a funeral really worth the presidents time?

• Deeeeliteful1

FuturedocDonte says:
      is a funeral really worth the presidents time?
      _______________________________
      Don’t say it like THAT! :lol:

• ReadingIsFundamental

Kudos to Michelle. RIP to that baby and my heart goes out to the family.

(so, what about the racist Disney white rabbit at Disneyland that they are blasting all over the news?) I might need to cancel my vacation package for April. I don’t need my 7 year old drop kicking the rabbit because he refuses to touch her black *ss

• Ty

Chile they are Ray Charles to Bush’s bs :coffee:

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

@ Deeeeliteful1: You’re right, but would it pain you to admit that Obama should have attended the funeral?

• Ty

Auntie with whats going in the streets and with local govt. Obama needs to be as far from Chicago as possbile :coffee:

• ReadingIsFundamental

I don’t think Obama has to go to the funeral. If he goes, they will find a political problem with it, since he isn’t going, there is a problem. He is wrong either way depending on who you are talking to. This post all together takes away from the tragedy that has happened to this child. This being the focus of her death is sad.

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

@ FuturedocDonte: This isn’t about wars or the economy, this is about a little girl who is a symbol for ALL the black children who were gunned down in Chicago since Obama took office in 2009. Why does he care so much about the Sandy Hook 20 but not the Chicago hundreds? When is he going to do something about gun violence in his own backyard? :shrug:

• KyCakes

Yeah Sandranetta. You was wrong hun.

——————————————————————–
      Good grief, Sandra…What has Barack Hussein Obama ever done to you personally, that causes such disdain and anger?

What sitting President have you EVER known that has attended the funeral of a civilian? Don’t worry, I’ll wait… :waiting:

• Deeeeliteful1

Pain me? No. I think it would be nice if he attended. But if he isn’t able to attend every funeral (that gets national attention), should he attend any? I just don’t want POTUS’ attendance to become the talking point when the loss of this little girl should be the focus.
      We’re still good, Auntie! :cheers:

• Deeeeliteful1

ReadingIsFundamental says:
      _____________________________
      ^^^^^ This. Ugh! So sad…the pics of those babies standing next to that bunny! Praying its not so…this should not be happening in the “Happiest Place on Earth”… especially when families have to pay an arm and a leg to get through the gates! I’m in CA and my teen LIVES for Disneyland – season pass and all. :smh:

• Smonae80

Kabyeyou why u take the pic down??

• Gigi26

Sorry she is NOT the face of all the kids shot in Chicago since President Obama took office are you serious right now?

Some of those kids died at the stupid choices they made to not attend school, be involved in gangs and waste their lives.

Trust there is a VERY SMALL PERCENTAGE of kids who were killed by stray bullets. So the President is to blame for these degenerates who kill just to say “Stay off my block” or “I don’t like the colors you’re wearing” Or some other stupid simple ass reason? Come on Sandra. For real come on. The President is not to blame for this senseless violence.

• FuturedocDonte

——
      I could have sworn an immediate petition for stronger gun laws across the country went out directly following sandy hook? Is it about black and white or is it about the country as a whole :thinking:

• http://sandrarose.com Sandra Rose

KyCakes says:

Here’s a LINK for you. How quickly we forget. :no:

• KyCakes

KyCakes says:

Here’s a LINK for you. How quickly we forget.
      ——————————————————-
      AND THE ARTICLE STATES….

Obama in Newtown for Sandy Hook vigil

Here in Newtown, I come to offer the love and prayers of the nation,” Obama said, speaking to a full high school auditorium.

Yes, Sandra…A packed High School auditorium….NOT a funeral….so..what was that again?

Quite frequently, the President does speak in he town where a tragedy has occurred, but HAS NEVER ATTENDED A FUNERAL!!

Sorry, to rain on your parade…you did all that google searching for NOTHING!!! :nono:

• Gigi26

And we cannot and should not compare Sandy Hook where babies were murdered in a CLASSROOM by a sicko to the violence in Chicago where these kids kill each other in the streets over some stupid ass gang violence. Life is life yes but the circumstances of how one loses it should be considered here.

• FuturedocDonte

:cheer: Kycakes

:peace: Getting on the plane to go home.

• KyCakes

And that is one of the primary reasons why Rahm Emanual dropped himself as Obama’s Chief of Staff so he could focus on the violence in Chicago….As the sitting Mayor of that city, this is Rahm’s job, NOT OBAMA’S…..

• KyCakes

:hi: Future

• Chgoprime

OMG Sandra this shooting happened literally 2 blocks from MY house* not the presidents. He does live a mile away, but that was really in bad taste c’mon.