Amanda Davis Announces Her Retirement

Amanda Davis Announces Her Retirement As expected, disgraced local news anchor Amanda Davis announced her retirement from Fox 5 after more than 26 years at the station.

According to Rodney Ho of the AJC, Davis, 56, made the announcement in a special statement that aired on Fox 5 during the 10 p.m. newscast on Thursday.

Davis had not been on the air since November 11 when she was involved in a wrong-way car crash.

According to Ho, the station aired tributes to Davis from retired Channel 2 Action News anchor Monica Pearson, former Atlanta mayor and U.N. ambassador Andy Young and V-103 morning host Ryan Cameron.

“We want to thank you for what you meant to us,” said co-anchor Russ Spencer. “We hope you know how much we love and appreciate you.”

Davis was driving northbound in the southbound lane of Piedmont Avenue around 12:20 a.m. November 11, when she crashed head on into a southbound vehicle.

The other driver was taken to Grady hospital with minor injuries. Both vehicles sustained front end damage. Davis was charged with DUI, failure to maintain her lane and reckless driving. It was Davis’ 2nd DUI arrest.

She is currently awaiting trial at Fulton County state court.

• News Anchor Amanda Davis Charged With DUI in Wrong-Way Crash
  • Mayor’s Special Events Director Resigns After DUI Arrest
  • Natina Reed lived in a motel 12 miles from where she was struck and killed by car
  • Amanda Davis Plans to Speak On DUI Arrest

39 Responses to “Amanda Davis Announces Her Retirement”

NaijaGal says:

Don’t know her…I don’t live in ATL…she needs to get help…that’s all I got

Miany says:

Yea… what Naija said.. People saying she was good at her job and she needs her gig back…she needs a detox/ rehab something.. This is her second DUI??!! Thank god she aint killed them folks.

It was the right thing to do.
      :bye:

MissTaken says:

We cranking ‘em out this morning! I used to enjoy Amanda Davis and Wed’s Child. It really is unfortunate.

KyCakes says:

Some people get booted after a minor, first offense; others seem to keep being allowed to be the devil :shrug:

libra80sbaby says:

WELP!!

MsB2u says:

I have no comments
      :nun:

libra80sbaby says:

She REALLY finna be gettin slizzard now since she aint got no job. :lol:

libra80sbaby says:

MissTaken… that babygirl in your gravi sooooo cayute!!

:offtopic:

I hate when adults complain about where they live. For example, I’m in VA. But I hate people who come here from say NY,NJ, CA or somewhere more lively, are here for YEARS complaining about it. “It’s not enough night life. The clubs close too early. People drive too slow.”

My question is..”ok, so when and where do you plan to relocate?” You’re an ADULT. Hit Monster, indeed, and craigslist find a job somewhere else and PACK IT UP! BYE! UGH

Annnd Scene!

Fated4Greatness says:

:bye: Bye Felicia *in my Rocy from BGC voice*

She REALLY finna be gettin slizzard now since she aint got no job.

by libra80sbaby on Apr 26, 2013 at 9:39 am
      _______
      :whistle:

“I got that good kush and alcohol!”-Miss Davis

Neeshj78 says:

I hope she’s getting some help.

Miany says:

^^ Tell em… open a club, write some legislation, drive at a rate which exceeds the speed limit ORRRR shut up and move!!!

Annnd Scene!

____________________________

girl i hate it when people say that shyt about VA… if its sooo damn slow round these parts then carry yo soulful ass back where ya came from….

lovezoe says:

VA: :cosign: let it snow, them Northerners got PLENTY to say. Plenty.

Pickachu Tran says:

Annnd Scene!

____________________________

OK. I hated hearing that shat when I was growing up. But it made more sense when you had no choice but to relocate with your fam. But once you are grown and on your own you can live whereever the hell you want.

:rofl: @ carry yo soulful ass back where ya came from….

MissTaken says:

libra80sbaby says:
      MissTaken… that babygirl in your gravi sooooo cayute!!
      :hugs: Why thank you. That is TakenToddler she will be 2 in 4 months. She is hialrious. I also have a TakeSon 6 months and TakenGirl 8 years old. I have lived :nun:

MissTaken says:

libra80sbaby says:
      MissTaken… that babygirl in your gravi sooooo cayute!!
      ++++++++
      VA 16
      VA 12
      and
      VA 3 1/2

Lord take me now!!!!!!! :ghost:

Unshakable says:

@LoveScene

Waita minute nah! I’m from up North and I LUBS da snow! :yes:

*In my mama Evelyn’s voice* I love playing in the snow…..I might even build me a snowman! :rofl:

NaijaGal says:

@VA – that ain’t chit on Momma Naija

20 almost 21
      and

libra80sbaby says:

Libra 13
      Libra 5
      Libra 1

Bombshell Esq says:

Don’t you just HATE it when you come to the office with the intention of not being shyt and not doing shyt and off the bat everyone is one your back wanting and needing something??? :cuss:

MAWNIN’ ROSES!!!!!! T-G-I-MF’n-F :yahoo:

libra80sbaby says:

Bomb…I tell they azzes :stop: “Bish it’s Friday. Yeen know?!”

San says:

Yall and these kids :tea: I’m scared

Unshakable says:

@Bombshell,

And they actually have the unmitigated gall to expect you to work! The nerve of fish! :hahaha:

Miany says:

I guess 8-10 year space between children is not as uncommon as I thought….
      My homegirl in middle school and I BOTH have moms who had like a 9+ gap before the baby and we were venting to each other talkin bout our mommas like “these the only two old azz ladies tryna have a baby NOW” :lol:
      SOooo @ Misstaken, libra, va…are the older ones really helpful with the lil ones?

libra80sbaby says:

Miany :yes: Very helpful!!

Smonae says:

LoveZoe
      Pickachu

Anyone I missed :hugs:

Bombshell Esq says:

Smonae :hi:

lovezoe says:

Shake- no they get mad because VA roads not equipped for snow and everything shut down.

Miany says:

:hi: Good Morning Smonae!!

Bombshell Esq says:

@ Libra & Unshake Shhhhhhiiiiiiidddddd it’s like they eeeen know I done declared today “Ain’t doing shyt ta-day Friday” :tea:

lovezoe says:

_________________________________

we can have a light dusting and shyt shuts down… WE AINT ABOUT THAT LYFE ROUND THESE PARTS :coffee:

MissTaken says:

NaijaGal says:
      @VA – that ain’t chit on Momma Naija 33
      :blink: 33! You do not look old enough for that. I wanna be like you when I grow up. You could be my mama :love: But seriously you probably are the same age as mine. She had us young..SHE HAD NOT LIVED…….

lovezoe says:

Pickachu- we shole ain’t. Staying my tail right in the house.